SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and cook, stirring and breaking up meat, until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain fat.
- Return beef mixture to skillet over medium heat and stir in ketchup, garlic, brown sugar, mustard, and chili powder and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until thick, 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a plate and wipe skillet clean.
- Assemble sandwiches: Butter one side of each bread slice. Place 1 slice butter-side down in skillet and spoon over sloppy joe mixture. Top with cup of cheddar cheese and one more slice bread, buttered-side up.
- Cook over medium heat until bread is golden and cheese is melty, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 sandwiches total.
SLOPPY JOE-GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
Make a sandwich that's loaded with delicious flavor with this Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Sandwich. You don't have to pick only one favorite with our Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. These hearty sandwiches combine the great flavors of barbecue beef and melted cheese in one perfect package.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Summer 2019
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Bake TATER TOTS as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, brown meat in large nonstick skillet on medium heat; drain. Return meat to skillet. Add vegetables; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in barbecue sauce; cook 1 to 2 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently. Spoon meat mixture into bowl. Carefully wipe skillet clean with paper towels.
- Spread 4 bread slices evenly with 4 tsp. margarine; place, margarine sides down, in skillet. Top with meat mixture and cheese; cover with remaining bread slices. Spread tops of sandwiches with remaining margarine.
- Cook sandwiches 3 min. on each side or until cheese is melted and sandwiches are golden brown on both sides. Serve with TATER TOTS.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 690, Fat 36 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, TransFat 2 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 1310 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 32 g
GRILLED CHEESE SLOPPY JOES
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef and minced in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add chili sauce and brown sugar. Rinse chili sauce jar with water to get the remnants of the sauce; add to the beef mixture. Stir, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Butter one side of 2 slices of bread. Place one slice, butter-side down, in a new skillet over medium heat. Layer with 1 slice of American cheese, a scoop of Sloppy Joe mixture, another slice of cheese, and the second piece of bread, butter-side up. Cook until sandwich is browned on the bottom and the bottom slice of cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip sandwich over and repeat on the other side. Repeat to assemble and cook remaining sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 584.6 calories, Carbohydrate 32.1 g, Cholesterol 117 mg, Fat 38.7 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 26.9 g, SaturatedFat 21.9 g, Sodium 1345.4 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Once hot, add the ground sirloin and begin breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until crispy and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ketchup, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper, cayenne, and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce has thickened and almost evaporated completely, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- To assemble the sandwiches, lay out 4 bread slices in a single layer. Brush the bread with 3 tablespoons of the softened butter, then turn the bread over. Top each bread slice with 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Spoon the Sloppy Joe mixture on top of the cheese. Top with remaining cheese and top each with a slice of bread. Brush with remaining butter.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over moderate heat. Working in batches, cook sandwiches until bread is crisp and golden and the cheese has melted, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cook the remaining sandwiches.
- To serve, cut each sandwich in half and skewer with a few pickle slices on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 848.8, Fat 53.4, SaturatedFat 28.4, Cholesterol 179.3, Sodium 1924.2, Carbohydrate 48.8, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 15.1, Protein 44.4
SLOPPY JOE BURRITOS
A great, tangy take on the traditional bean burrito with Sloppy Joe filling. Very simple and quick to prepare and mild enough that kids love it.
Provided by Lindsay G
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in Sloppy Joe sauce. Stir in refried beans until blended and cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas over medium-low heat on a flat skillet.
- Fill tortillas with meat mixture and top as desired with Cheddar cheese, black olives, sour cream, and diced onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 776.7 calories, Carbohydrate 72.6 g, Cholesterol 102.1 mg, Fat 37.6 g, Fiber 11.7 g, Protein 36.7 g, SaturatedFat 17.4 g, Sodium 1708.4 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
More about "sloppy joe grilled cheese sandwiches recipes"
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
Servings 6Total Time 45 minsCategory EntreeCalories 580 per serving
- To make the sloppy Joe mixture, start by heating olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up beef as it browns, until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add green peppers and carrots to the beef mixture and cook for another few minutes until veggies start to soften. Then add garlic powder, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir together and simmer for about 5 minutes so mixture can thicken. If the sloppy Joe mixture seems dry, add 1/4 cup water.
- Cut cheddar cheese into 1/4-inch cubes. Take about 1/2 cup of the sloppy Joe mixture and stir in 1-2 oz cheddar cheese cubes, depending on how cheesy you’d like your sandwich to be.
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES – 5 BOYS BAKER
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Sandwiches/Burgers/WrapsTotal Time 15 mins
- To assemble sandwiches, place one slice of bread, butter side down onto griddle or skillet. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, a scoop of the beef mixture, and top with some more shredded cheese. Place a piece of bread on top, butter side up. Cook over medium heat until browned, carefully flip over and cook other side until browned.
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH | THE RECIPE CRITIC
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 750 per serving
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE - PROVEN RECIPES
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE WITH DILL PICKLES
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH - RECIPES STUDIO
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, …
GRILLED CHEESE SLOPPY JOES - ADVENTURES OF MEL
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE - THROUGH THE COOKING GLASS
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES - TAMMILEE TIPS
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE - SOMETHING ABOUT SANDWICHES
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE | KITCHN
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE - MOSTLY HOMEMADE MOM
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH - PARADISE ISLAND
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPE – RECIPE CHOICE
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPE | IT IS A KEEPER
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE – BAREKICHEN
SLOPPY JOE BEEF BURRITOS | CLUB HOUSE CA
ULTIMATE SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE - COOK N' SHARE
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH - CLOSET COOKING
GRILLED SLOPPY JOE CHEESE SANDWICHES | BLUE RHINO
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE | HOME & FAMILY - HALLMARK CHANNEL
GRILLED CHEESE SLOPPY JOE | DINNER | THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
TASTY GRILLED CHEESE SLOPPY JOE RECIPE - MASHED
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE | RECIPELION.COM
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE — BUNS IN MY OVEN
DILL PICKLE SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE - BELLY FULL
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES ARE WHAT YOUR TAILGATE HAS …
RECIPE OF PERFECT SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE CASSEROLE - THIS IS NOT DIET FOOD
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE - THE RECIPE REBEL
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES | RECIPE | GRILLED CHEESE …
LOADED GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES - THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
GRILLED CHEESE SLOPPY JOE CUPS RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH - HOW TO MAKE RECIPE DIY
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPE | SLOPPY JOE RECIPE
GRILLED CHEESE SLOPPY JOE - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
GRILLED CHEESE SLOPPY JOES - EASY BUDGET RECIPES
You'll also love