SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK
If you love my #1 post, The Best Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, then you'll love this BBQ pulled pork version too! With simple seasoning, this recipe takes only minutes to prepare and cooks all day for fall apart tender, juicy pork oozing with tangy sweet sauce.
Provided by Jennifer Draper
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Rub pork shoulder with seasoning and place in slow cooker
- Mix together bbq sauce, vinegar and broth and add to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 until pork reaches internal temperature of 205 degrees
- Remove pork and shred
- Add about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of the juices back to pork and discard the rest
- Add additional BBQ sauce if desired
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172 kcal, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 25 g, Fat 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 68 mg, Sodium 185 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SLOW COOKER BARBECUE PULLED PORK
- Mix paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, oregano, sugar, white pepper, and cayenne together in a small bowl.
- Massage spice rub into the pork roast. Wrap tightly in a double layer of plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Unwrap the roast and place in the bottom of a lined slow cooker. Add water and liquid smoke. Cover and cook on Low until pork is fork-tender, 8 to 10 hours.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board; discard liquid in the cooker. "Pull" by tearing meat into thin shreds with 2 forks or your fingers. Discard fat.
- Place shredded meat back in the slow cooker; toss with 1 cup barbecue sauce, and heat on Low until hot, 30 to 60 minutes. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271.9 calories, Carbohydrate 16.4 g, Cholesterol 78.2 mg, Fat 12.6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 22.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 1299.6 mg, Sugar 10.9 g
SLOW-COOKED PORK BARBECUE
You need only five ingredients to fix this sweet and tender pork for sandwiches. Feel free to adjust the sauce ingredients to suit your family's tastes. -Connie Johnson, Springfield, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and garlic powder. Pour 1/4 cup cola over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender., Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred meat with 2 forks and return to slow cooker. Combine barbecue sauce and remaining cola; pour over meat. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until sauce is thickened. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 886mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 35g protein.
SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK BARBEQUE
- Stir celery, onion, barbeque sauce, ketchup, water, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper together in a slow cooker. Place roast into the mixture.
- Cook on Low for 7 hours (or High for 5 hours). Shred the meat with two forks and stir into the liquid; cook for 1 hour more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 322.9 calories, Carbohydrate 22.8 g, Cholesterol 89.4 mg, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 26.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 787.4 mg, Sugar 16.8 g
SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Rub the oil completely over the pork and season with the salt, pepper and cayenne. Brown the pork shoulder in the skillet on all sides; this will take about 10 minutes. Remove from the skillet and allow to cool slightly before rubbing with the mustard, then coating with the brown sugar.
- Place the pork in a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, then add the soda and liquid smoke. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. When it is done, the pork will feel extremely tender when prodded.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker, then shred the meat using 2 forks and pull off the bone. Mix the meat with any remaining cooking liquid from the slow cooker. Serve with sandwich buns and toppings of your choice.
SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK
If you've spent any time on Pinterest or food blogs, you've likely come across a recipe for three-ingredient barbecue pulled pork that can be made in the slow cooker. Methods and ingredients vary, but the recipe almost always calls for boneless pork shoulder, some sort of dark cola (usually Dr Pepper or root beer) and barbecue sauce. Dubious? We were too, so we asked the members of our NYT Cooking Community Facebook page if anyone had ever made it and if they liked it. We received more than 150 very opinionated responses. Many readers have come up with their own clever twists, like using coffee or beer in place of cola, adding onions or chipotles, rubbing the meat with a spice blend and searing the meat before cooking. We tried cooking it a few different ways and found we liked this adaptation best. It calls for a few more ingredients and an extra step or two, but it's got layers of flavor and it's still mostly fuss-free. (You can find the pressure-cooker version of this recipe here.)
Provided by Margaux Laskey
Categories meat, sandwiches, main course
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic and onion powders, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork. If you have time, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to overnight. If you don't, no worries; proceed to Step 2.
- Lightly grease the crock of a slow cooker. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Sear the pork until golden brown on all sides, about 2 minutes each side. Add onion, if using, to the slow cooker. Add the pork on top of the onion. Pour soda over the pork and set the slow cooker to low for 6 to 8 hours, until the meat has collapsed and shreds easily.
- Drain most of the liquid from the slow cooker and shred the meat directly in the pot. Add about 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce and stir to combine. (At this point, if you like crisp bits in your pulled pork, you can spread the shredded pork on a sheet pan and place under a broiler for a couple minutes then return to the slow cooker.) Taste and add more barbecue sauce, hot sauce, salt or pepper, if desired. Serve with soft rolls and extra sauce on the side.
SLOW COOKER BBQ PORK CHOPS
- Spread a thin layer of barbeque sauce on the bottom of a slow cooker. Alternately layer pork chops with barbeque sauce, pouring the remainder of the bottle over the top of the final layer of chops.
- Cook on HIGH setting for 3 to 4 hours, or all day on LOW setting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 544 calories, Carbohydrate 30.4 g, Cholesterol 105.6 mg, Fat 35.6 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 23.2 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 1019.2 mg, Sugar 21.9 g
SLOW-COOKED BBQ PORK RIBS
Check your pantry; you probably have everything needed to turn these ribs into a sweet, tangy, fork-tender treat. -Annette Thompson, Woodbury, Vermont
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place ribs in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender., Remove ribs and keep warm. Skim fat from sauce; serve sauce with ribs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480 calories, Fat 21g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 130mg cholesterol, Sodium 1247mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 40g protein.
SLOW COOKER TEXAS PULLED PORK
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme. Cover and cook on High until the roast shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
- Spread the inside of both halves of hamburger buns with butter. Toast the buns, butter side down, in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Spoon pork into the toasted buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 527.7 calories, Carbohydrate 45.5 g, Cholesterol 98.4 mg, Fat 23.2 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 31.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 802.7 mg, Sugar 17.1 g
BBQ PORK TENDERLOIN IN THE CROCK POT
I wanted to make BBQ pork tenderloin in the slow cooker, but not pulled pork. This worked out nicely so I thought I'd post the recipe so I can make it again. Hope you enjoy it too. This was easy to slice, though could have easily been shredded as well. Served with rice to put the extra sauce on, along with a veg (I used peas and carrots). I only cooked 1 pork tenderloin and had lots of sauce leftover so you might only want to double the sauce if you do 3 or more tenderloins I would guess?!?
Provided by thepurpleturtle
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the pork tenderloin into the crockpot.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together and pour over top of the pork tenderloin.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
SLOW-COOKER BARBECUE PULLED PORK SANDWICHES
Foolproof and wonderfully delicious describe my barbecue pork recipe. Just four ingredients and a slow cooker make a fabulous dish with little effort. -Sarah Johnson, Chicago, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place pork in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour Dr Pepper over top. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 7-9 hours., Remove meat; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred meat with 2 forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve on buns. Freeze option: Place individual portions of cooled meat mixture and juice in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring occasionally; add a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 1695mg sodium, Carbohydrate 43g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
EASY SLOW COOKER BBQ
Southern pulled pork BBQ that is so easy to make! I have shared this BBQ with family, friends, and co-workers, and they have told me that this is amongst the best BBQ they have ever eaten. I use a North Carolina style vinegar-based sauce when I make this, but this is the fun part of this recipe, because you can use any sauce you like and it turns out good. Your pulled pork makes good BBQ plates, or it is good on sandwiches also.
Provided by DAVEBISH
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place pork roast in a slow cooker. Pour vinegar over pork, coating all sides; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours. Transfer pork to a platter. Drain and discard juices from the slow cooker. Chop pork and return to the slow cooker. Add barbeque sauce and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.1 calories, Carbohydrate 11.5 g, Cholesterol 67.1 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 17.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 401.5 mg, Sugar 8.2 g
SLOW COOKER BARBECUE PORK
Serve this simple-to-fix pork recipe with buns and slaw, fill a quesadilla, or spoon over hot cooked cheese grits or toasted cornbread.
Provided by Southern Living Editors
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Place roast in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker; pour barbecue sauce and cola over roast. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board; shred with two forks, removing any large pieces of fat. Skim fat from sauce, and stir in shredded pork.
- Note: We tested with Cattleman's Original Barbecue Sauce.
SLOW COOKER PULLED BBQ PORK ROAST & COLESLAW
This slow-cooked BBQ pork roast is the perfect dish for your next barbecue meal or family gathering. Cook it ahead of your event. Then, simply return the pork to the slow cooker to keep it warm in the cooking juices. Serve the sauce on the side with your choice of rolls and tangy coleslaw. Let your guests adjust their own heat level with their favorite hot sauce.
Provided by dog.moon.abbey
Yield 12 Sandwiches, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 29
- PREPARE BARBECUE PULLED PORK ROAST.
- Trim excess fat from the pork (Butt, Roast, or Shoulder). Leave some for flavor, but trimming now will reduce what you will need to skim off at the end of cooking.
- Place the Mojito Lime Seasoning, chili powder, black pepper, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt, and 2 minced garlic cloves in a large bowl. Add oil to make a paste. Rub all over the pork, working the spice mixture into the meat well.
- Wrap the pork tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Transfer the pork to a roasting pan with a rack. Allow to stand at room temperature while the oven heats to 400⁰ (F). Cook for 20 minutes. (preferably with convection) Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Blend the Kraft Original Thick & Spicy BBQ Sauce, Open Pit Original BBQ Sauce, dark brown sugar, mustard, A-1, Worcestershire, remaining garlic, and onion (reserve 2 TBS onion for the coleslaw.) Pour the mixture over the pork and add water to cover. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until *very* tender.
- When pork is tender, skim off any fat. Transfer the pork to a large bowl. Use two forks to separate the meat into long strands (large serving forks work great.).
- Remove 2 cups of cooking juices to a saucepan. Whisk in the cornstarch and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until thickened and bubbling. Set aside.
- Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker; stir to combine with the remaining cooking juices.
- PREPARE COLESLAW.
- Core and shred cabbage into longish strands. Shred the carrot. Finely dice the onion.
- Combine the shredded cabbage, carrot, and onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, Whisk the salad dressings, Sweet 'N Low® (or sugar), vinegar, wasabi, salt, and celery seeds and blend thoroughly.
- Pour dressing mixture over shredded cabbage, carrot, and onion. Mix and toss to coat. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve the pulled pork on soft rolls and drizzle with thickened sauce mixture to taste. Top with coleslaw or serve on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 585.1, Fat 25, SaturatedFat 8.1, Cholesterol 89.6, Sodium 1029.3, Carbohydrate 58.4, Fiber 4.4, Sugar 29, Protein 30.9
SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK
This is a better version than others found on here - and is also one that I do for friends. Tastes great served in a freshly baked bap with apple sauce.
Provided by robhughes72
Yield Makes 6 Decent Baps
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Day 1 : Mix all the ingredients for the Dry Rub and rub into the pork, Place in bowl, cover and leave in fridge overnight.
- Day 2: Remove pork from fridge and allow to stand for an hour at room temperature. Heat some oil in a large frying pan, and sear all sides of the pork on high heat.
- Place the onions and garlic in an even layer in the slow cooker and pour in the stock or broth. Place the meat on top of the onions and garlic. Cover and cook until the pork is fork tender, about 6 to 8 hours on high or 8 to 10 hours on low
- Make the Barbeque sauce by mixing and heating all the ingredients until the sugar disolves. Let cool.
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove the pork to a cutting board. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a medium heatproof bowl. Pour the onion mixture from the slow cooker through the strainer and return the solids to the slow cooker. Set the strained liquid aside.
- If the pork has a bone, remove and discard it. Using 2 forks, shred the meat into bite-sized pieces, discarding any large pieces of fat. Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker, add the barbecue sauce, if using, and mix to combine.
More about "slow cooker bbq pork recipes"
SLOW COOKER PORK LOIN BARBECUE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SLOW-COOKED BBQ PORK ROAST RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
30 SLOW COOKER BBQ RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK RECIPE - GOOD …
EASY SLOW-COOKER PULLED PORK - HOW TO MAKE PULLED …
SLOW COOKER CHINESE BBQ PORK - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
BBQ PULLED PORK - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
SLOW COOKER CHINESE BARBECUE PORK - CHEF SAVVY
EASY CROCKPOT BBQ PULLED PORK | BLESS THIS MESS
EASY 4-INGREDIENT CROCK-POT PORK BARBECUE RECIPE
SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK SANDWICH | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY SLOW COOKER BARBECUE PULLED PORK LOIN RECIPE
SLOW COOKER HARD CIDER BARBECUE PORK
SLOW COOKER KETO BARBECUE PULLED PORK - PEACE LOVE AND LOW CARB
SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK | PUNCHFORK
SWEET BBQ STYLE PORK FILLET - SLOW COOKER CENTRAL
SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
21 PULLED PORK SLOW COOKER RECIPE BBQ - SELECTED RECIPES
SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK RECIPE - AOL.COM
CROCK POT BBQ PULLED PORK (& VIDEO!) - SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK
CROCK POT RIBS RECIPE (SLOW COOKER BBQ RIBS) - SAVVY NANA
SLOW COOKER BBQ PORK CHOPS - PITCHFORK FOODIE FARMS
EASY SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK | AUSTRALIAN PORK
PERFECT SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
EASY SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK - JUST SLOW COOKER RECIPES
SLOW COOKER BARBECUED BOSTON BUTT RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE ULTIMATE SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK RECIPE
BBQ PORK STEAKS IN THE SLOW COOKER - ONE OF THE BEST RECIPES
BBQ PULLED PORK SLOW COOKER RECIPES - SPICY SALTY SWEET
SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK | FLIPBOARD
SLOW COOKER BBQ PORK LOIN - PLAIN CHICKEN
CROCK POT PORK LOIN - BBQ PULLED PORK - LOW CARB WITH JENNIFER
35 EASY SLOW COOKER PORK RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE - INSANELY GOOD
You'll also love