SLOW-COOKED BBQ PORK RIBS
Check your pantry; you probably have everything needed to turn these ribs into a sweet, tangy, fork-tender treat. -Annette Thompson, Woodbury, Vermont
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place ribs in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender., Remove ribs and keep warm. Skim fat from sauce; serve sauce with ribs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480 calories, Fat 21g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 130mg cholesterol, Sodium 1247mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 40g protein.
SLOW-COOKER BARBECUE RIBS
Yes, you can cook ribs in a slow cooker! In this easy recipe, the seasoning paste transforms into a savory dipping sauce. Slather it on the ribs and pop them on the grill just before serving for a final char.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Whisk the tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, mustard, garlic, paprika, Worcestershire, 1 1/2 tablespoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Cut each rack of ribs in half and add to the slow cooker. Use your hands to rub the sauce on to the ribs. Cover with a lid and cook on low heat until tender, about 4 hours.
- Gently transfer the ribs to a baking sheet and cool for at least 20 minutes; this will help maintain the shape of the ribs as they grill. Whisk the sauce at the bottom of the slow cooker until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the sauce to brush on to the ribs and save any remaining sauce to serve on the side (it will thicken as it cools).
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grates. Grill the ribs, top-side down, until lightly charred in parts, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip, brush the top side of the ribs with the reserved barbecue sauce and grill until the underside of the ribs are lightly charred in parts, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a platter and serve immediately with the extra barbecue sauce on the side.
SLOW COOKER RIBS RECIPE BY TASTY
It's been years since you got that slow cooker as a gift and well, outside of a hearty chili, you don't quite know what to do with it. Well get ready, because it's time to pull it back out and put together a barbecuing favorite: ribs. That's right. All you have to do is prep, and let the cooker do the work. With these baby back ribs, you won't even miss going to Chili's anymore.
Provided by Tasty
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine bbq sauce, brown sugar, cider vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Salt and pepper the ribs. Place ribs in slow cooker, and cover in sauce.
- Cook low and slow for eight hours or high for four hours.
- After the ribs are done, spoon the bbq sauce in the slow cooker over the ribs before removing.
- Cut the ribs, serve with bbq sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1224 calories, Carbohydrate 68 grams, Fat 78 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 52 grams, Sugar 55 grams
SLOW COOKER BABY BACK RIBS
These are the best I've had, short of the actual grilling method of course! This is a very simple recipe that I came up with a few years ago. It's not rocket science, just ribs cooked in the slow cooker and finished in the oven. This is what I do when I want ribs during the week and have to work all day. I'm eating them within a half-hour of getting home, and they turn out perfect every time!
Provided by norah
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Pour water into slow cooker. Layer the ribs into the slow cooker. Top the ribs with onion and garlic.
- Cook on High for 4 hours (or Low for 8 hours).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet. Discard onion and garlic. Coat ribs with barbeque sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven until the sauce caramelizes and sticks to the meat, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.2 calories, Carbohydrate 32.4 g, Cholesterol 117 mg, Fat 29.6 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 10.9 g, Sodium 1067.4 mg, Sugar 22.7 g
SLOW COOKER RIBS
Slow cooking is the perfect way to get tender melt-in-the-mouth pork ribs, simply throw everything in the slow cooker, then finish off in the oven or bbq
Provided by Caroline Hire - Food writer
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put 4 tbsp of barbecue sauce along with the rest of the ingredients into your slow cooker. Top up with enough water to cover (roughly 1.5l). Slow cook on Low for 8 - 9 hours until very tender but not completely falling off the bone.
- Heat the oven to 220C/ 200C fan/ gas mark 7. Remove the ribs from the slow cooker using a slotted spoon or tongs. Handle them carefully as the meat will be very tender and may start to fall off. Baste with the remaining barbecue sauce and lay on a foil-lined oven tray. Cook for 20 - 30 mins until starting to crisp on outside. Alternatively, cook on the barbecue, turning from time to time until piping hot throughout.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414 calories, Fat 24.1 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 24.7 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 21 grams sugar, Fiber 1.4 grams fiber, Protein 23.16 grams protein, Sodium 1.9 milligram of sodium
SLOW-COOKER BARBECUE RIBS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season ribs with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow baking pan. Brown in oven 15 minutes. Turn over, and brown another 15 minutes; drain fat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Place ribs in slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs, and turn to coat.
- Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or until ribs are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497.3 calories, Carbohydrate 33 g, Cholesterol 117 mg, Fat 29.6 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 26 g, SaturatedFat 10.9 g, Sodium 1244.5 mg, Sugar 26.3 g
SLOW COOKER BBQ RIBS RECIPE BY TASTY
- Lay out the ribs on a large baking tray.
- Season evenly with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and oregano. Rub in on all sides.
- Pour half the BBQ sauce over the ribs and brush to evenly coat all sides.
- Transfer the ribs to a large slow cooker. Position the ribs so they are standing up, with the meatier side down, and so the meat side is against the walls of the slow cooker, with the bone sides facing in.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 - 8 hours, or high for 4 hours. Check after the allotted time, you want to make sure the meat is cooked through and tender, but you do not want it to be so tender it falls off the bone. If they seem a little tough, allow to cook an additional 30 minutes, as needed.
- Remove the ribs and transfer to wire rack set over a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Paint the ribs with additional BBQ sauce, ensuring they are well-coated on both sides.
- Broil HIGH for 5-8 minutes to caramelize the sauce, making it slightly charred and bubbly.
- Remove and carefully cut between the bones to separate into individual ribs.
- Serve with additional BBQ sauce, as needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241 calories, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 11 grams, Sugar 4 grams
SLOW-COOKER BARBECUED RIBS
Come sunshine or rain, there will never be a time that's not perfect for slow-cooked barbecue ribs-especially when the slow cooker does all the cooking. This mouthwatering crowd-pleaser is cut out for weekends and game days but also works as a comforting mid-week main. Simply do the prep ahead, add it in the cooker, and step back while deliciousness happens.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Spray inside of 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Remove inner skin from ribs; cut into 4-inch pieces. Mix brown sugar, salt, pepper, liquid smoke and garlic; rub mixture into ribs. Layers ribs and onion in slow cooker. Pour cola over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until tender. Remove ribs from slow cooker. Drain and discard liquid.
- Pour barbecue sauce into shallow bowl. Dip ribs into sauce. Place ribs in slow cooker. Pour any remaining sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on low heat setting 1 hour. Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer's directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 890, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 230 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 58 g, SaturatedFat 22 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1540 mg
More about "slow cooker bbq ribs recipes"
SLOW COOKER RIBS RECIPE - EASY RROCK POT RIBS RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In a small mixing bowl, add ketchup, molasses, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Mix well.
- Place one slab of ribs into the crock and generously coat with sauce. Place the remaining ribs in the slow cooker, coating with sauce after each addition. Pour water around the edges of the crock.
BARBECUE SLOW COOKER RIBS (THE BEST!) + VIDEO - CARLSBAD ...
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Spice Rub ingredients. Remove 1 tablespoon Spice Rub to use in your barbecue sauce. Rub all remaining Spice Rub evenly all over the meat then place ribs on prepared baking sheet. Bake ribs for 15 minutes ON EACH SIDE (30 minutes total) to sear meat.
- Meanwhile, add all of the Barbecue Sauce ingredients to a medium saucepan and gently simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce and refrigerate to use after ribs are cooked.
SLOW COOKER BBQ RIBS RECIPE - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon, chili pepper, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle rub over ribs and rub into the meat.
SLOW COOKER BARBECUE RIBS RECIPE - THE GUNNY SACK
4.5/5 (101)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 6 hrs 10 mins
CROCK-POT BBQ BONELESS BEEF RIBS + VIDEO - CROCK-POT LADIES
SLOW COOKER BBQ RIBS RECIPES - THE BEST OF LIFE® MAGAZINE
THE BEST SLOW COOKER RIBS - FALL-OFF-THE-BONE TENDER ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 8Total Time 4 hrs 15 mins
- If the ribs have the thin white membrane along the back, remove it. It is usually easy to pull off with your fingers, but if not you can run a butter knife under the membrane and then use a paper towel to grip it and pull it off.
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub this dry rub mixture over the ribs.
SLOW COOKER BARBECUE RIBS (CROCKPOT RIBS) - DINNER, THEN ...
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
- Remove from the slow cooker, place racks onto baking sheet, brush with bbq sauce and broil in your oven for 1-2 minutes until caramelized on the top rack then serve with additional bbq sauce.
SLOW COOKER BBQ RIBS - SLOW COOKER GOURMET
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SLOW COOKER RIBS - THE COZY COOK
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Use a sharp Chef’s knife and carefully cut each rack in half if they’re too long to fit in the Crock Pot. Pat them completely dry.
- Massage the rub seasoning into the front and back of the ribs. Use a pastry brush to coat the top and bottom of the ribs with Dijon mustard. The acidity in the mustard helps break down the fibers in the meat for extra tender results.
SLOW COOKER BBQ RIBS - NO. 2 PENCIL
EASY SLOW COOKER RIBS WITH A TASTY DRY RUB SEASONING
CROCK POT RIBS - SLOW COOKER BBQ RIBS RECIPE (HOW TO VIDEO!)
- Set the slow cooker to LOW and spray with nonstick cooking spray. (I always spray the underside of the lid to help with cleanup.)
- Remove the silver membrane from the back of the ribs. Here's a video with instructions. (You might have bought ribs with the membrane removed, and if so, skip this step.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the paprika, brown sugar, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Rub the dry-rub mix evenly over the ribs.
- Brush both sides of the rib with barbecue sauce and set the ribs in the slow cooker standing upright with the meaty side against the inside wall, of the slow cooker.
SLOW COOKER BARBECUE RIBS - CAFE DELITES
- Combine bbq sauce, brown sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Mix well to combine and completely cover with half of the sauce.
- Season with a good amount of salt and pepper; cover with lid and cook on low setting for 7-9 hours or high setting for 3-5 hours *see notes. Refrigerate remaining sauce to use later.
SLOW COOKER COCA-COLA BBQ COUNTRY-STYLE RIBS (COKE RIBS ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SLOW COOKER PORK RIBS - SLOW COOKING PERFECTED
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
BBQ COUNTRY STYLE RIBS (SLOW COOKER OR INSTANT POT ...
SLOW COOKER BABY BACK RIBS - EVERYONERECIPES
SLOW COOKER RIBS - THIS SILLY GIRL'S KITCHEN
FALL-OFF-THE-BONE SLOW COOKER BBQ RIBS | RECIPE - YOUTUBE
#main-ingredient #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #pork #easy #meat #pork-ribs
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long to cook ribs in slow cooker with barbecue sauce?Cook on low for 7 hours or on high for 4 hours. While the ribs are cooking make your bbq sauce. Remove from the slow cooker, place racks onto baking sheet. Brush with bbq sauce and broil in your oven until caramelized on the top rack.
Are slow cooker ribs tender?These Slow Cooker Ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender, seasoned with a delicious dry rub and slathered with BBQ sauce. This easy ribs recipe is the best way to make BBQ ribs! I love using my slow cooker to make meals for my family.
How to cook ribs in a crock pot with ketchup?In a medium bowl, mix together the ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Place ribs in slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs, and turn to coat. Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or until ribs are tender.
How to cook ribs in the oven with BBQ sauce?Pour 1 cup of the BBQ sauce evenly over the ribs, reserving the remaining 1/2 cup for after slow cooking. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours, or until ribs are tender. Preheat broiler to 450° F. Place ribs on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush ribs with remaining ½ cup BBQ sauce.