SLOW COOKER PORK GREEN CHILI
- Rub the inside of a slow cooker with about 1 tablespoon oil and turn on Low heat.
- Mix salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, 1 teaspoon cumin, onion powder, chili powder, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Rub spice mixture all over pork. Top pork with cornstarch and pat in to coat completely.
- Heat remaining oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Sear pork in the hot oil on all sides until almost black, about 5 minutes. Transfer seared pork to the slow cooker.
- Reduce heat to medium and pour beef stock into the skillet. Whisk until boiling, scraping up browned bits, about 5 minutes. Boil gently for 3 to 4 minutes more. Strain stock into the slow cooker. Add salsa, Hatch chiles, diced tomatoes, and potatoes.
- Combine tomatillos, 1/2 the cilantro, jalapeno pepper, Anaheim pepper, serrano pepper, remaining cumin, and liquid smoke in a blender. Blend on high power and add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred using 2 forks. Return meat to slow cooker. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve chili in bowls with Mexican cheese, sour cream, and remaining cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323.3 calories, Carbohydrate 19.1 g, Cholesterol 51.7 mg, Fat 21.1 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 14.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 1373.9 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
SLOW COOKER PORK GREEN CHILI RECIPE
Provided you can wait six hours while the meat cooks to perfection once you have done that quick prep, you can make this slow cooker pork green chili.
Provided by Kristen Carli,Mashed Staff
Categories entree, side
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place pork loin in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Top with salsa, green chiles, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred cooked pork with forks or meat-shredding tool.
- Serve as desired in tortillas, over rice, in soup, etc. with optional toppings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 506 calories, Carbohydrate 11 g carbohydrates, Cholesterol 143 mg cholesterol, Fat 30 g fat, Fiber 3 g fiber, Protein 47 g protein, SaturatedFat 10 g saturated fat, ServingSize 0 g, Sodium 861 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 0 g
SLOW COOKER GREEN CHILE PORK LOIN
Pork loin cooked in the slow cooker with green enchilada sauce, cream cheese, green bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms. The pork is wonderful sliced or cubed.
Provided by Sarah Olson
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Sprinkle the pork loin on both sides with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cooking oil
- Brown the roast on both sides, no need to cook through.
- Add the roast to the slow cooker, pour over the enchilada sauce. Add the onion, mushroom and bell pepper. Place the cream cheese last, on top of roast.
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- Remove pork on to a cutting board, let it rest while you whisk the sauce.
- Whisk the sauce together to blend in cream cheese in the slow cooker.
- Slice pork or cut into cubes. Add the pork back into the slow cooker to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve the pork with a generous amount of sauce.
- Serve with rice and beans or in a burrito.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 413 kcal, Carbohydrate 14 g, Protein 43 g, Fat 20 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 136 mg, Sodium 1326 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 9 g, UnsaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SLOW-COOKER PORK AND GREEN CHILE STEW
- Combine the potatoes, poblano, salsa, cilantro and 3/4 cup water in a 6- to 8-quart slow cooker. Tear the tortillas into small pieces and stir into the mixture. Cut the pork in half and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Rub all over with the cumin and coriander. Add the pork to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until tender, 7 hours.
- Remove the pork to a plate. Stir the corn into the slow cooker and cover. Shred the pork into bite-size pieces, discarding any large pieces of fat. Return the pork to the slow cooker; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the stew among bowls and top with the sour cream, pickled jalapenos and more cilantro. Serve with warmed tortillas.
SLOW COOKER PORK CHILE VERDE
I recently discovered this easy recipe for slow cooker pork chile verde, and it has quickly become one of my all-time favorites. Serve in bowls over rice or with warm flour tortillas.
Provided by Squirrel Beebz
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown pork pieces in the hot oil, about 5 minutes. Place pork into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Saute onion, chopped Anaheim chile, and garlic for 5 minutes, adding more oil if needed. Add mixture to the slow cooker; pour in chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on High until pork is tender and easily shredded with a fork, about 4 hours.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Brush the whole chile peppers with oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven for 5 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pulp and seeds from chiles and cut into pieces. Place into the bowl of a food processor with enchilada sauce, cilantro, cumin, and chili powder. Puree until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove pork from the slow cooker and shred using 2 forks; return to the slow cooker. Add pureed chile pepper mixture and stir well. Cook on Low, 3 to 4 hours more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226 calories, Carbohydrate 11.3 g, Cholesterol 53.9 mg, Fat 12.7 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 17.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 503.3 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
GREEN CHILE SHREDDED PORK
Pork green chili made in the slow cooker always makes my hungry family happy. Getting creative with the leftovers is part of the fun. -Mary Shivers, Ada, Oklahoma
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place pork in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix cider, green chiles, garlic, salt, pepper sauce, chili powder, pepper, cumin and oregano; pour over pork. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender., Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred pork with two forks. Return to slow cooker; heat through. Using tongs, serve pork in tortillas with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 559 calories, Fat 15g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 1032mg sodium, Carbohydrate 62g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 42g protein.
COLORADO STYLE GREEN CHILI, SLOW COOKER
this is a recipe i came up by using several different recipes and some creativity. i am originally from colorado, but we live in east asia, so we can't get some ingredients or green tomatillos. but, we have been working on this recipe and love it! we love just eating this by the bowl with warm homemade tortillas, or smothered over eggs and tortillas in the morning, or it is also great smootherd over burritos or cheese roll-ups.
Provided by kellielikestocook
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- pour broth into slow cooker and turn on high.
- fry bacon, until just done, add bacon to broth, but keep grease in pan to fry chopped veggies.
- fry veggies in order of listed above leaving several second in between. don't fry the canned chilies, but if you are using fresh jalapenos, fry those with the other veggies. don't fry the cilantro. add fried veggies to broth.
- brown chunks of pork on all sides in left over grease from veggies, add to broth.
- add fresh cilantro, cumin powder, salt, and garlic powder to broth. stir well.
- cover slow-cooker.
- chili can cook on high for 4-6 hrs, or on low for 6-8 hours stir occasionally.
- at some point, you can blend (in blender or shake in closed tupperware) the flour / water mixture, and then add to the broth. usually you should do this within an hour or so of throwing in all the ingredients into the broth. for thicker chili add more of this mixture.
- towards the end of cooking time salt to taste.
- when almost finished, pull chunks of pork out of chili and pull apart a bit to your desired size. add back to chili and let it cook a bit longer.
- serve in a bowl as soup with warm tortillas on the side. or smoother over burritos. we love to smoother over cheese roll-ups.
SLOW-COOKER SPICY PORK CHILI
Tender pork adds extra heartiness to this slow-cooked chili. You can use pork tenderloin, boneless pork roast or boneless pork chops for the pork called for in the recipe. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium-high heat until browned, 5-6 minutes. Transfer pork and drippings to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, broth, chiles, chili powder, garlic, salt, cayenne and pepper. , Cover and cook on low until pork is tender, 6-7 hours. Stir in cilantro. Serve with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 89mg cholesterol, Sodium 1055mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 39g protein.
More about "slow cooker pork green chili recipes"
CROCK POT PORK GREEN CHILI - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
5/5 (14)Total Time 6 hrs 15 minsCategory DinnerCalories 333 per serving
- Cut the pork shoulder into 1-inch cubes, trimming any excess fat, then toss with the flour, salt, and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and brown the pork on all sides, then transfer to a slow cooker. You may need to work in batches and add a bit more oil until all of the pork is browned.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, peppers, garlic, adding a little more oil if the pan is dry, for 3 to 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of broth and scrape up any fond (the browned bits on the bottom of the pan) and transfer everything to the slow cooker with the pork.
- In a blender, combine 1/2 the chopped tomatillos with 1/2 of the diced green chilies and the cilantro, then process until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of the chicken broth if necessary.
- Pour the blended tomatillos into the crockpot and add all remaining ingredients except for the cornstarch and water. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or on LOW for 6-8 hours until the pork is tender.
SLOW COOKER PORK GREEN CHILI - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SLOW COOKER CHILI VERDE (GREEN PORK CHILI) RECIPE
SLOW COOKER PORK GREEN CHILI - PORK CHILI RECIPES
NEW MEXICO-STYLE GREEN CHILI WITH PORK AND ROASTED CHILES RECIPE
SLOW COOKER HATCH GREEN CHILE VERDE - 505 SOUTHWESTERN
10 BEST PORK GREEN CHILI SLOW COOKER RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER GREEN CHILE PORK TACOS - WHO NEEDS A CAPE?
SLOW COOKER GREEN CHILI WITH PORK RECIPE - OPRAH.COM
SLOW COOKER CHILI VERDE (GREEN PORK CHILI) - DADCOOKSDINNER
GREEN CHILE PORK ROAST - THE COOKING MOM
CROCK-POT GREEN CHILE PULLED PORK RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CROCKPOT GREEN CHILI - DENVER GREEN CHILI
SLOW COOKER PORK AND GREEN CHILI STEW - SKINNYTASTE
CHILE VERDE (SLOW COOKER PORK AND GREEN CHILE STEW)
CROCK-POT GREEN CHILE PULLED PORK - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
SLOW COOKED GREEN CHILE PORK ENCHILADAS - RECIPES
SLOW COOKER PORK GREEN CHILI RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SLOW COOKER CHILE VERDE - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
HATCH GREEN CHILE PULLED PORK SIRLOIN IN SLOW COOKER
CROCK POT GREEN CHILI STEW RECIPE - FAMOUS GREEN CHILE STEW
GREEN CHILE PORK STEW (SLOW COOKER) - RECIPE RUNNER
TOP 40 SLOW COOKER PORK GREEN CHILI RECIPES
SLOW-COOKER GREEN CHILE PORK RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST PORK GREEN CHILI CROCK POT RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW-COOKER GREEN CHILI RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
CROCK POT PORK GREEN CHILI - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
SLOW COOKER PORK CHILE VERDE - FOODIECRUSH .COM
SLOW COOKER GREEN CHILI PORK - FRESH HUNGER
SLOW COOKER GREEN CHILI TACOS | FLAVORFUL SHREDDED PORK TACOS!
EASY CROCK POT PORK CHILI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SLOW COOKER PORK CHILE VERDE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CROCKPOT PORK GREEN CHILI | THE FRAYED APRON
A HEARTY SLOW COOKER GREEN CHILE PORK SOUP RECIPE
NEW MEXICO GREEN CHILE PORK SLOW COOKER STEW - MY TURN FOR US
SLOW COOKER PORK STEW WITH GREEN CHILI RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
PORK AND HATCH GREEN CHILE STEW - BEYOND MERE SUSTENANCE
CROCK POT GREEN CHILI PORK RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
PORK GREEN CHILI CASSEROLE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SLOW COOKER GREEN CHILE PORK • BREAD BOOZE BACON
You'll also love