SOBA WITH GRILLED ASPARAGUS AND SEA SCALLOPS WITH SWEET MISO SAUCE
During the summer you can grill the asparagus outdoors. The smoky flavor of a wood charcoal fire adds complexity to this substantial meal. While I call for green asparagus, try making the dish with a colorful array of asparagus-green, white, and purple. White miso, which is called _shiro-miso_ in Japanese can be found in health food stores. Smooth rather than grainy miso is preferable for this recipe.
Provided by Corinne Trang
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, sake, mirin, and rice vinegar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the white miso, ginger, and 1 tablespoon of the oil and whisk until well combined. Set the miso glaze aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and cook the noodles until tender yet firm, about 3 minutes. Drain, shock under cold running water, and drain again.
- Heat a well-oiled grill pan over medium heat. Brush the asparagus and scallops with all or most of the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the asparagus first until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes total, rolling them about to heat them evenly all around. Divide and top each noodle serving with asparagus. Grill the scallops in the same pan until cooked through and crisp on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Divide the scallops among the servings of noodles, and spoon some miso glaze over each. Serve garnished with toasted walnuts.
JAPANESE SHRIMP AND SOBA NOODLES
Sizzling shrimp and veggies top off tasty noodles. Looks like it came from an Asian restaurant but takes only 30 minutes in a common skillet.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; rotate skillet to coat bottom. Add shrimp, garlic and gingerroot; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm. Remove from skillet.
- Add carrots, green beans, 1 cup of the broth, the soy sauce and sugar to skillet. Heat to boiling. Cover and cook over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in shrimp and lemon juice. Mix cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; stir into shrimp mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Divide noodles among bowls. Top with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 335, Carbohydrate 51 g, Cholesterol 160 mg, Fiber 7 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1140 mg
SOBA AND SHRIMP SALAD
This is an interesting salad that is a bit different than the usual shrimp and pasta salad. Recipe source: Sunset Magazine
Provided by ellie_
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Boil soba in boiling water for 5-8 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water and then drain again.
- While noodles are cooking, mix together wasabi and 1 tablespoon cold water in a small bowl or cup.
- Let stand 5 minutes and then add the soy sauce and lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl toss together the spinach, noodles, green onions, shrimp, ginger and dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.6, Fat 1.6, SaturatedFat 0.4, Cholesterol 165.8, Sodium 1695.5, Carbohydrate 46.7, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 0.8, Protein 29.7
SOBA SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS AND SHRIMP
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook asparagus until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon or mesh strainer, transfer asparagus to a colander and rinse under cool water to stop the cooking. Transfer asparagus to a medium bowl. Return water to a boil; add shrimp and cook until pink and opaque throughout, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to bowl with asparagus. Return water to a boil; add noodles and cook according to package instructions. Drain noodles and rinse under cool water.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oil, vinegar, and sugar. Divide noodles among 4 bowls and drizzle with dressing. Top with asparagus and shrimp and sprinkle with scallions and basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 482 g, Fat 6 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 39 g
ASIAN SOBA SALAD
- In a pot of boiling salted water cook the Soba for 5 minutes, or until al dente, drain and transfer to large bowl. Toss with oil. In large saucepan of boiling salted water add carrots and cook 2 minutes, add snowpeas and bean sprouts and bring water back to boil. Drain vegetables and refresh. Pat dry.
- Add vegetables to bowl of pasta along with seafood and minced scallion.
- Make the dressing: In blender or processor combine all ingredients and blend until combined well. Toss salad with dressing.
PAPAYA, SHRIMP, AND SOBA SALAD
- In a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water, cook soba noodles until al dente according to package instructions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together tamarind, sugar, 2 tablespoons oil, lime juice, and cayenne. Add drained noodles, cilantro, onion, half the papaya, and all but 3 tablespoons of the peanuts; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over low. Add garlic and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Remove garlic chips and set aside on a paper towel. Raise heat to medium-high; add shrimp, sprinkle with coriander, salt, and pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally, until shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide noodles and shrimp evenly among 4 large bowls; top each serving with remaining papaya, peanuts, garlic chips, and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 630 g, Fat 26 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 34 g
SOBA SALAD WITH MISO DRESSING
Superfast veggie dinner or side dish. Courtesy of Mark Bittman, the Minimalist, from the October 1 2009 NY Times. He's not sure whether to call this a warm salad or a room-temperature noodle dish. I love edamame beans, and buying them frozen is fine for this dish. Pick up a bag of pre-washed spinach for this too. Tossing the spinach with the warm noodles and veggies should wilt the spinach, or stir fry them together in a little water to wilt a bit more. Soba noodles are a staple of Japan. They have a slightly firm texture and nutty flavor.
Provided by Kumquat the Cats fr
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Drop in the noodles and carrot and cook until tender, 2 to 4 minutes; add the edamame for about 30 seconds to 1 minute just to warm, then drain everything in a colander. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lime juice, miso and mirin or sugar. Add spinach, noodles, carrot, edamame, scallion and toss; then taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with grated ginger at the table.
SOBA NOODLE SUPER SALAD
- Whisk soy sauce, canola oil, balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, and chili oil in a bowl until blended. Mix sugar, salt, ginger, and garlic into the same bowl, stir sauce to combine.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut red bell peppers in half from top to bottom; remove the stem, seeds, and ribs. Place peppers with cut sides down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook bell peppers under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place blackened peppers in a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard skins, slice peppers into strips.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Ease soba noodles into the water and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender yet firm to the bite, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
- Combine asparagus, scallions, red bell peppers, bean sprouts, sesame seeds, and cilantro in a large serving bowl. Add noodles and sauce, toss well to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.5 calories, Carbohydrate 39.2 g, Fat 16.2 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 8.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 1641.5 mg, Sugar 10 g
SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS SALAD
- Cook green asparagus in boiling salted water until barely tender, about 1 minute.
- If purple asparagus is tender, don't cook at all.
- In mixing bowl, combine asparagus, shrimp and bell pepper.
- In another bowl, mix mayonnaise, parsley, pepper, celery seed, salt, horseradish and lemon juice; stir into shrimp mixture.
- Spoon onto endive or lettuce; sprinkle with eggs and garnish with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155.1, Fat 3.9, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 235.9, Sodium 985.6, Carbohydrate 9.4, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 3.9, Protein 21.6
ASIAN NOODLES WITH ASPARAGUS AND SHRIMP
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken broth and the next 6 ingredients, stirring well.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in garlic; stir/saute 45 seconds; add in asparagus; stir/saute 2 minutes.
- Add in shrimp and stir/saute 2 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Add in broth mixture and onions to pan; cook over medium heat until hot.
- Add in noodles, tossing gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Fat 7.7, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 143.2, Sodium 1435.7, Carbohydrate 41, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 4, Protein 25.6
SHRIMP SOBA NOODLES
- cook soba according to package directions.
- meanwhile mix the next ingredients together, set aside.
- heat oil in a wok or skillet, add garlic.
- add asparagus and cook 3-4 minutes.
- add shrimp and cook until they turn pink, 3 minutes more.
- add stock mixture and scallions, cook until heated.
- add soba noodles, toss to coat, serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.5, Fat 9, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 174.2, Sodium 1102.6, Carbohydrate 42, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 4.4, Protein 34
EASTER ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH SHRIMP AND CHERRY TOMATOES
This salad is an Easter tradition in our family. The ingredients and flavors say spring, but it is delicious any time of year! Skip the appetizers; the abundance of shrimp make this an appetizer and salad in one. Enjoy!
Provided by Saveur
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, dill, water, and garlic in a bowl; whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for several hours or overnight for flavors to meld.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook asparagus until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine asparagus, cherry tomatoes, salad greens, shrimp, and avocados in a large bowl. Toss with desired amount of dressing and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 613 calories, Carbohydrate 17.8 g, Cholesterol 131.6 mg, Fat 55.2 g, Fiber 8.6 g, Protein 17.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 460.8 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
More about "soba salad with asparagus and shrimp recipes"
ASPARAGUS AND SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
4.4/5 (5)Category Main DishesServings 4Total Time 25 mins
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast dill seed for about 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Immediately remove from hot pan to avoid over-toasting.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, shallot, the toasted dill seed, mustard, sugar and salt in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Bring a stock pot full of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook 3 to 4 minutes or just until tender-crisp. Using a slotted spoon, immediately transfer asparagus to a bowl of ice water until cold to halt cooking. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Repeat cooking and chilling process with shrimp. Drain well. Add shrimp to asparagus in large bowl.
COLD NOODLE SALADS THAT ARE PERFECT FOR LUNCH | MARTHA …
SHRIMP, ASPARAGUS AND AVOCADO SALAD - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
SHRIMP AND SOBA NOODLE SALAD RECIPE - MING TSAI | FOOD …
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain and let cool under cold running water, then drain again.
- In the same saucepan, combine 2 quarts of water with the bay leaves, peppercorns and 1 tablespoon of salt. Squeeze in the juice from the lemon, add the lemon halves and bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook over moderately high heat until pink throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the shrimp and plunge them into a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain the shrimp again and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the rice vinegar with the miso, sugar and sesame oil. Whisk in the canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the pickled ginger. Toss the shrimp with 1/4 cup of the dressing. In a large bowl, gently toss the noodles with the scallions, cucumber and bell pepper. Add the remaining dressing and toss gently to coat. Transfer the soba salad to a platter and top with the shrimp.
SOBA SALAD WITH SEAWEED, CUCUMBERS, AND ASPARAGUS …
5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCuisine JapaneseCalories 239 per serving
ASIAN NOODLES WITH ASPARAGUS AND SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ORZO, SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS SALAD - MY COLOMBIAN RECIPES
COLD SESAME GINGER SOBA NOODLE SALAD WITH SHRIMP
SOBA NOODLE-AND-SHRIMP BOWLS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
RECIPE: COLD SOBA NOODLE SALAD - PAUL C. REILLY, BEAST + BOTTLE
SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS PASTA RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SOBA AND SHRIMP SALAD WITH WASABI DRESSING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPE: MISO-ROASTED ASPARAGUS SOBA NOODLE SALAD - KITCHN
SOBA SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS AND SHRIMP RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
SOBA NOODLE SALAD WITH SALMON AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
7 SHRIMP ASPARAGUS RECIPES YOU'LL WANT TO MAKE TONIGHT
BEST SOBA NOODLE SALAD WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - GOOD …
PASTA SALAD WITH SHRIMP, AVOCADO AND ASPARAGUS - MY COLOMBIAN …
SHRIMP ASPARAGUS ORZO PASTA SALAD - SERENA BAKES SIMPLY FROM …
RECIPE: COLD SPICY SOBA + SPINACH SALAD WITH SHRIMP
SOBA SALAD WITH SHRIMP, SHISO, AND NORI RECIPE | BON …
BEST CHILLED ASPARAGUS, SNAP PEA & SOBA NOODLE SALAD RECIPES
GREEN TEA SOBA SALAD WITH GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
SKILLET SHRIMP WITH ASPARAGUS - LIDIA
GARLIC SOBA NOODLES WITH GRILLED SHRIMP | FOODIECRUSH.COM
WHITE BEAN SALAD WITH SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ASPARAGUS AND GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD WITH TARRAGON CREAM | METRO
SOBA NOODLE SALAD 蕎麦サラダ • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
SESAME-GINGER SOBA NOODLE SALAD WITH RIBBONED ASPARAGUS
SESAME SOBA WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS - WILLIAMS SONOMA
RICE-NOODLE SALAD WITH SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE
SOBA NOODLES WITH GRILLED SHRIMP AND CILANTRO RECIPE
SESAME SOBA WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE - OPRAH.COM
SOBA NOODLES WITH SPICY GARLIC SHRIMP - JESSICA GAVIN
SHRIMP YAKISOBA - EASY ASIAN STIR-FRY WITH SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS
SHRIMP & SOBA NOODLE SALAD - CHATELAINE
You'll also love