SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD
- Place sourdough starter, egg, 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons margarine, flour, raisins, 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar, and salt in a bread machine in that order. Run Dough cycle. Remove dough from the machine after the cycle is done, about 90 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover with a towel. Place in a draft-free place to rise until doubled, 8 hours to overnight.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface. Roll into a 9-inch wide rectangle about 1/2-inch thick. Brush milk over dough; sprinkle cinnamon-sugar on top. Roll dough up tightly into a log and place in a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Let rise until at least 1 inch above the rim of the pan, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake loaf in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194.4 calories, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 18.7 mg, Fat 3.8 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 105.6 mg, Sugar 12.3 g
SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD
Provided by Matthieu Tourenne
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Add Sourdough Starter, water, salt, and maple syrup to a bowl, and mix with a dough whisk.
- Once mixed, add the flours, cinnamon, and raisins, and mix until combined.
- Cover mixing bowl and let sit for approximately 8 hours at room temp (~72F) or until volume of dough doubles [optionally stretch and fold periodically].
- Turn out fermented dough on a lightly floured work surface and shape into your preferred loaf (boule, batard...) and then place dough into a well floured (rice flour is preferred) proofing basket; cover and let sit at room temperature (~72F) for about 1 hour.
- After 30 minutes or so, place your preferred baking vessel (I used a Breadtopia Clay Baker) in the oven and preheat to 500F (or your vessel's maximum safe temperature).
- With dough fully risen and oven pre-heated, gently transfer the dough from the proofing basket to the baking vessel, score the top of the loaf, and then bake at 500F with top on for 20 minutes.
- Turn oven temperature down to 450F and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the top of the baking vessel and bake for ~20 minutes or until color of crust is as desired and internal loaf temperature is at least 200F.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and place it on a cooling rack and let it cool at least 1 hour before cutting.
More about "sourdough cinnamon raisin bread recipes"
DELICIOUS SOFT SOURDOUGH CINNAMON BREAD | HOMEMADE …
Reviews 133Calories 217 per servingCategory Sourdough
- Set a large bowl on a digital food scale set to grams and press the tare button. The scale should read zero.
EASY SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD (RECIPE + VIDEO!)
Ratings 4Calories 133 per servingCategory Bread
- Combine all ingredients except the salt in a large mixing bowl until a slightly dry, shaggy dough is formed. The dough will become smoother as it kneads and the butter is incorporated, so don't add any additional liquid yet. Cover with a clean tea towel and allow to rest at room temperature about 30 minutes.
- Add the salt and knead the dough by hand, stand mixer, or bread machine, until a smooth and soft dough forms. (See notes for bread machine instructions.) If the dough seems very dry and looks crumbly or is not forming a ball, add a tablespoon or so more of milk. If it seems too wet and it sticking to the sides of the bowl or bread machine bucket, add more flour a tablespoon at a time.
- Knead for about ten minutes untl the dough reaches the windowpane stage, meaning that when a golf-ball sized piece of dough is stretched out, translucent areas appear. Add the raisins and knead for another minute.
CINNAMON RAISIN SOURDOUGH BREAD RECIPE | GIRL VS DOUGH
5/5 (10)Total Time 37 hrs 30 minsCategory BreadCalories 210 per serving
- At 9:15 p.m. PREPARE LEVAIN: Place a clean starter jar on a kitchen scale. Tare the weight so it reads “0”, then to the jar add 50g mature starter, 200g whole wheat flour and 200g distilled water at room temperature. Stir the mixture vigorously until no dry bits of flour remain, then cover the jar loosely with a lid. Store in a warm place (such as the oven with the light on) for approximately 10-12 hours.
- At 8:30 a.m. (next day) PREPARE AUTOLYSE: The next morning, place a medium to large mixing bowl on a kitchen scale. Tare the weight so it reads “0”, then to the bowl add 250g levain and 750g distilled water at room temperature. Stir the mixture until the levain is completely dissolved. Add 800g bread flour and 200g whole wheat flour. Mix with your hands until mixture is completely incorporated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm place (such as the oven with the light on) for 50 minutes. Meanwhile, in a separate medium bowl, soak raisins in room temperature water for 30 minutes to hydrate; drain and pat dry.
- At 9:20 a.m. FINISH THE DOUGH MIX: To the mixing bowl add 20g fine sea salt and remaining 50g distilled water (at temperature calculated as described in this post to achieve final dough temperature of 78°F). Add raisins and cinnamon, as well. Mix with your hands until mixture is completely incorporated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm place (such as the oven with the light on) for 30 minutes.
- At 10 a.m. BULK FERMENTATION: After 30 minutes have elapsed, perform the first set of turns (see this post for full description on how to perform a set of turns). Cover the bowl and return it to its warm place.
SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD - SMART NUTRITION WITH ...
- Combine and add 1 cup all purpose flour. Keep adding small amounts of flour until the dough starts to pull away from the bowl. Add in the raisins.
CINNAMON RAISIN SOURDOUGH BREAD - BAKED
Reviews 100Calories 220 per servingCategory Bread
- Make the leaven: Take out about 1-2 tbsp of your starter from the fridge and mix it with 50g of room temperature water and 50g of flour (sifted bread flour, whole grain, spelt, or a combo - whatever you prefer as long as the flour to water ratio is 1:1).
- Cover the bowl with a plate and leave it on the counter to ferment overnight for approximately 8-12 hours.
- Once your leaven is ready, combine 100g of the leaven with 375g of water. Add the flour to the water mixture and, using your hands, mix to combine.
- Once the dough is mixed, cover with a tea towel and let sit at room temperature for 40 minutes to rest. Meanwhile, soak the raisins in room temperature water (make sure the raisins are covered with at least an inch of water).
SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD - THE CLEVER CARROT
5/5 (44)Category Sourdough Sandwich BreadCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Baking Schedule: this is an overnight dough which takes approximately 8-12 hrs to rise @ 68 F. Start the night before, in the evening, and plan to bake the following day. Alternatively, if you’re making this in the summer and it’s warmer than 68 F, the dough will take less time to rise, about 4-6 hrs @ 80+ F. Instead of the overnight option (which might lead to over proofed dough), let it rise during the day to bake later in the afternoon or evening.
- Add the flour, butter, sugar and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Combine on low speed until the butter looks like crumbs. Add the starter and warm water. Mix until the flour is fully absorbed. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel and let rest for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, soak the raisins in the vanilla extract. Drain and squeeze dry in a paper towel before using.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise overnight at room temperature (68 F) until double in size, about 8-12 hrs. Please refer to the Baking Schedule above for alternative rise time options.
- In the morning, coat a 9×5-inch pan with butter. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and flour in a small bowl; set aside.
THE BEST SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD | HOME …
4.9/5 (52)Total Time 37 hrsCategory BreakfastCalories 510 per serving
- In the morning, take 35g starter and feed it 70g flour and 70g water. Tip it into a clean jar and place it in a warm spot. This starter should double within 6 hours.
- Add in the butter and use your hand to squish it in well until it is all incorporated. It will make a very sticky dough.
- Tip the dough in a clean dish or bowl and for the next three hours perform 6 sets of folds, one set every half an hour.
CINNAMON RAISIN SOURDOUGH BREAD – SWEETENED WITH A MAPLE ...
4.4/5 (17)Category BreakfastServings 1Total Time 12 hrs 40 mins
- I always let my bread go through a long, slow ferment. That's the point of sourdough, right?! A long ferment means more lactic acid to help break down starches and sugars, improving the digestibility and nutrition of the bread. And of course that's how sourdough gets its telltale sour flavor. So, why rush it?!
- Before going to bed, mix the two flours, starter, salt, coconut sugar, and water into a nice smooth dough. Knead the dough until it's elastic and pulls away clean. I'm not going to lie. I use a KitchenAid stand mixer and I have for years. It can be done by hand if that's what you prefer. But if you love baking and you plan on making bread fairly regularly then you should invest in a sturdy stand mixer.
- Flour your work surface. Pull the dough out of the bowl and gently shape it into a rectangle on the floured surface. Turn the dough over and make sure both sides have just enough flour so that they don't stick to your work surface. If you use too much flour here your bread will not roll up nicely, so be careful not to go overboard. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin into a large flat sheet about 1/2 inch thick. Evenly spread the cinnamon and raisins over the dough, right up to the edge. Drizzle the maple syrup over the dough but don't go all the way to the edge — leave about 2 inches of space for the syrup to expand while forming the loaf. Start at the top of the dough and roll it toward yourself, gently patting the dough down as you go. Once the dough is in a tight log fold both ends over to the middle third. Roll the loaf gently to help it seal.
CINNAMON RAISIN SOURDOUGH BREAD - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
5/5 (3)Calories 198 per servingCategory Bread
- Feed 60g of active starter with 60g flour and 60g lukewarm water. Leave for 4-6 hours until doubled in size, bubbly and floating in water (float test). For best results please use a digital scale.
- The following day take a look at your dough - it should have almost doubled. Mist your worktop with water and scrape the dough onto it – do not punch the dough down. Gently stretch the dough to form a rectangle. Fold into three sections, like a letter.
- Dust the loaf with gluten free flour and gently rub over the boule. Cup the loaf in your hands and place into the prepared banetton seam up. Cover loosely with a plastic bag and leave to rise again for about an hour.
CINNAMON RAISIN SOURDOUGH BREAD | STEPHIE COOKS
4.8/5 (14)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 2Total Time 12 hrs 55 mins
- In a large bowl (either by hand or with an electric mixer), combine the first 6 ingredients. Add in 3 cups of the bread flour, mixing to combine, then add the raisins. Finally, add the final 3 cups of flour 1/2 cup at a time, until a stiff dough is formed (depending on the weather and/or how dry your house is, you may not need all 6 cups of the flour). The dough will still seem fairly sticky, but will pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with aluminum foil (I suggest greasing the inside of the foil) and leave on the counter to rise overnight.
- The next morning, gently punch down the dough and knead on a flour surface about 8-10 times. . If using 9x5-inch loaf pans, divide the dough in half. If using 8x4-inch pans, divide into thirds. Knead each part a few times before shaping placing in greased loaf pans. Brush the top of each loaf with oil and cover with a clean tea towel. Let rise 4-5 hours at room temperature, until loaves are doubled in bulk (if your house is cold, rising could take most of the day).
- At the end of the rising time, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until browned on top.
CINNAMON RAISIN SOURDOUGH BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.8/5 (406)Total Time 3 hrs 35 minsServings 1Calories 194 per serving
- To make the dough: Weigh your flour; or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess.
- Combine all of the dough ingredients, and mix and knead — using your hands, a stand mixer, or a bread machine set on the dough cycle — to make a soft, smooth dough., Place the dough in a lightly greased container, and allow it to rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until it's just about doubled in bulk., To make the filling: While the dough is rising, make the filling by stirring together the sugar, cinnamon, and flour., Gently deflate the dough, and transfer it to a lightly greased work surface., Roll and pat the dough into a rough rectangle approximately 6" x 20"., Brush the dough with the egg/water mixture and sprinkle it evenly with the filling and raisins, leaving a bare strip about 1" wide along one short edge; this will make the log you're about to roll easier to seal., Starting with the short end that's covered with filling, roll the dough into a log.
- Pinch the ends to seal, and pinch the long seam closed., Transfer the log, seam-side down, to a lightly greased 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Cover and allow the bread to rise until it's crested about 1" over the rim of the pan, about 1 hour., While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 350°F., Bake the bread for 40 to 45 minutes, tenting it lightly with aluminum foil after the first 15 to 20 minutes.
SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN SWIRL BREAD - THE ITSY-BITSY KITCHEN
4.5/5 (2)Category BreadServings 12Total Time 2 hrs 55 mins
- Combine the raisins and hot water in a small bowl. Let stand for 20 minutes, until raisins have gotten plump. Drain, pat dry, and set aside.
- After dough has gone through its first rise, combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Beat the egg and 2 teaspoons of water together in another bowl. Gently deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Roll it into a rectangle about 8 inches wide by 16 inches long.
NO-KNEAD SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD - BESSIE BAKES
4.4/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsCategory Bread, BreakfastTotal Time 8 hrs 35 mins
- Add the water and sourdough culture/starter and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until combined. If the dough looks a bit dry, you can add an extra tablespoon of water at a time because whole wheat flour absorbs a lot of water. You don't have to knead the dough because the long fermentation will create the structure you need.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let ferment at room temperature for 8-12 hours. Because there is no dry yeast added, the sourdough fermentation is very forgiving, in that it takes a lot to over-ferment a sourdough bread dough.
CINNAMON RAISIN SOURDOUGH BREAD (EINKORN FRIENDLY)
5/5 (5)Total Time 27 hrs 15 minsCategory Bread, Breakfast, Dessert, SnackCalories 209 per serving
- Combine starter and water until starter is loose. Add flour and salt, knead by hand or in a mixer with a dough hook until dough is smooth and shiny.
- Add cinnamon and raisins and mix gently to create a swirl. If clumps occur in an unpleasing manner, continue mixing until they are mixed to your preference.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with cling wrap. Let cold rise in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Remove from fridge and place dough (it will be sticky) into a greased bread pan. Cover with a thin towel being careful not to let it touch the dough. Let sit at room temperature for about 2 hours.
SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD - FARMHOUSE ON BOONE
4.6/5 (36)Total Time 16 hrs 50 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 1478 per serving
- The night before you want to make your bread, combine the flour, starter, oil, salt, honey, and water in a large bowl. Knead the dough until it is stretchy, about 10-15 minutes with a stand mixer (see note below).
- Divide the dough into two even balls and place each in a glass bowl greased with coconut oil. Roll the dough around a bit so that the entire ball is lightly coated with coconut oil. Cover the dough with a beeswax wrap or plastic wrap, and let it rise overnight, or at least eight hours.
- The next day, roll each ball of dough out into a large rectangle until they are about ½” thick, onto a lightly floured work space.
SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN BAGELS - PIES AND TACOS
5/5 (18)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 190 per serving
- Start by mixing the active sourdough starter, 1 1/4 cup of water, vegetable oil, malt syrup, sea salt, flours, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Mixture will seem extremely stiff. That’s ok. Just make sure all the flour is getting hydrated. If necessary, pour that remaining 1/4 cup of water in, if you see too much dry flour that won’t incorporate into the dough.
SOURDOUGH CINNAMON-RAISIN SWIRL BREAD | LEMONS + ANCHOVIES
5/5 (17)Category BreakfastCuisine American
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients--starter, flour, water, soaked and drained raisins, salt and maple syrup. Use a dough whisk, spatula or your hands to combine the ingredients. Turn it out on a lightly-floured surface and knead or use a bench scraper to smooth the dough as much as possible using a kneading motion (using your hands) or by scooping the dough from the bottom and folding it over itself (using a bench scraper). Lightly coat in oil the surface of the bowl you used to mix the ingredients and return the dough to the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for one hour (autolyse)
- After the one hour autolyse, wet one of your hands (helps to prevent sticking), take one piece of the dough, stretch until the point of resistance then fold it over itself. Repeat this three to four times. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap again and wait 30 minutes for the next stretch and fold. Stretch and fold three times every thirty minutes over the course of one hour and a half. With each stretch and fold you will notice gluten development in the dough.
- After the stretch and fold session allow the dough to continue to proof until it's ready for shaping. In a warmer kitchen (about 75ºF when I baked this loaf) the remaining proof time after stretch and fold will be roughly one to two hours (with a healthy, robust starter). One way to check for readiness is the finger-dent test. Dip your finger in flour and poke the dough. If the dough is slow to spring back or doesn't spring back completely, it's ready for shaping. [A cooler kitchen (in the mid-60s to low 70s) will require a little longer proof time. If you start this process in early evening and you have a cool kitchen you can leave your dough overnight. You can also store it in the refrigerator overnight to slow the fermentation and continue with shaping the following morning.]
- After bulk fermentation carefully turn the dough out on a lightly-floured surface. As you coax the dough out of the bowl the top surface will become the bottom once it's turned out on the work surface. You'll want to de-gas the dough a little and stretch it to a rectangle shape but rather than using a rolling pin take two edges of the dough and gently pull them apart without tearing the gluten strands. Pull taking two edges at a time until you have roughly a rectangle shape or large square. Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the entire top surface of the dough. Next, fold the wide part of the dough in thirds by taking one side and folding it two thirds of the way over then taking the other side and folding it over the already-folded side. Then roll the dough starting with one of the ends until you have a log. Pinch the seams. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray or rub with oil and transfer the rolled dough seam side down. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to proof for one more ho
SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN/CRANBERRY BREAD
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CINNAMON RAISIN SOURDOUGH BREAD - FERMENTERS CLUB
Servings 1Total Time 24 hrs 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
CINNAMON RAISIN SOURDOUGH | THE PERFECT LOAF
Hydration 81.00%Total Dough Weight 2,000 gramsPre-fermented Flour 5.40%Yield 4 x 500g batard
SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD RECIPE - THE BREAD SHE BAKES
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
SOURDOUGH FRUIT BREAD: THE ONLY SOURDOUGH RAISIN BREAD ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 26 hrs 45 minsCategory BreadCalories 2657 per serving
- Autolyse:Weigh out your starter, water and honey in a glass or ceramic bowl. Mix them together so that the honey is dissolved in the water (or at least really well distributed).Then add your flour and salt and mix altogether with the end of a wooden spoon. The dough will be fairly shaggy and only just brought together.Cover your bowl with cling film or a damp tea towel and let it sit for around 1 hour.
- Forming Up Your Dough:Work your way around the bowl, grabbing the dough from the outside, stretching it up and over itself until a smooth ball is formed. You shouldn't need more than about 20-25 folds to form the ball.Once the dough has formed into a smooth ball, pop the cling film back on and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Stretch & Fold / Adding the Fruit:You need to add the dried fruit to your dough during the stretch and fold phase. It's very easy to do! Try to add the fruit around the second or third set of stretch and folds. So do your first set of stretch and folds with the dough as is and then add the fruit on the second (or third) set depending on how your dough is behaving. Try to do around 4 sets of stretch and folds with around 15 to 30 minutes between each set.
- Bulk Ferment:Once you've finished your stretch and folds, place the cling film or damp tea towel back over your dough and let it rest and ferment. See notes below.
CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD – FLOURIST
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SOURDOUGH STARTER RECIPE WITHOUT YEAST - DOWNLOAD RECIPE ...
CINNAMON RAISIN SOURDOUGH - CHALLENGER BREADWARE
10 BEST SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD RECIPE IDEAS IN ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make sourdough cinnamon raisin swirl bread?Bread: Combine the raisins and hot water in a small bowl. Pour 1/4 cup of the lukewarm water in a small bowl. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment* combine the starter, remaining water, sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, and 1 1/2 cups of the flour. Remove the paddle attachment and replace with the dough hook.
What kind of bread do you make with raisins?Easy Sourdough Cinnamon Raisin Bread (Recipe + Video!) A soft and fluffy sourdough sandwich bread studded with raisins, with a cinnamon sugar swirl throughout. This homemade sourdough cinnamon raisin bread recipe produces a soft and fluffy loaf that’s laced with juicy raisins and swirled with cinnamon sugar filling.
How long does it take to make cinnamon raisin bread?While the dough is resting, soak your raisins (more on that below). Mix: After the autolyse, add the salt and mix until it’s combined with the dough. Drain the raisins and add them to the dough with the cinnamon. Fold (3 hours): Stretch and fold the dough every 30 minutes over the next 3 hours, for a total of 6 stretches and folds.
What kind of flour to use for sourdough cinnamon bread?Use this recipe and replace the white flour up to 50% with a good white whole wheat bread flour. This will give you a slightly denser loaf than our sourdough white bread recipe. White whole wheat will make a bread light enough to enjoy with the added weight of the cinnamon swirl and raisins.