SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD
To feed a crowd, especially when I want to make a good impression, I make this eye-popping cornbread salad. It's beautiful in a trifle bowl. I love it in summer, when we can make it with our own garden produce. -Debbie Johnson, Centertown, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Prepare and bake cornbread mix according to package directions, using an 8-in. square baking dish. Crumble when cool., Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix until blended. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers and 1/2 cup green onions. , In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer half of each: cornbread, beans, tomato mixture, cheese, bacon, corn and dressing. Repeat layers. Top with remaining green onions. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- For the cornbread croutons: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush a baking sheet with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. Gently arrange the Skillet Cornbread cubes on the buttered baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining melted butter. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Do not toss the cornbread or it will crumble. Bake, gently turning the cubes with tongs halfway through, until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow the cornbread croutons to cool completely.
- For the dressing: Add the olive oil, vinegar, pepper, honey, salt and garlic to a mason jar and shake.
- For the salad: In a large bowl, combine the collards, black-eyed peas, red peppers, tomatoes, toasted cornbread croutons and dressing and toss gently. Add the mozzarella pearls to the bowl (setting aside a handful for garnishing) and toss them in with the rest of the salad.
- Arrange the salad on a platter. Using tongs, bring some of the croutons to the top of the salad to garnish. Arrange the remaining mozzarella pearls around the salad and garnish with the basil leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl until combined.
- Stir together the buttermilk, whole milk and egg in a bowl or measuring cup with a fork. Add the baking soda and stir again, making sure it is evenly dissolved. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir with a fork until combined. Slowly add 1/4 cup of the melted shortening to the batter, stirring until just combined.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons shortening over medium heat in a cast-iron skillet. Pour the batter into the hot skillet--it should sizzle. Spread with a spatula to even out the surface. Cook on stovetop for 1 minute. Transfer to the oven and bake until the top is golden brown and the edges are crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
People also searched
More about "southern cornbread salad recipes"
ULTIMATE SOUTHERN CORN SALAD | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
2021-08-19 · Use a sharp knife, slice the kernels off the cob, cutting close to but not through the cob. Combine the cider vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper in a medium …
- Cook on high for three minutes. Let the corn cool slightly and, using a potholder or dish towel, squeeze at the top. The husk and silk will slip off. Set aside and repeat with the other ears of corn.
- Combine the cider vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper in a medium-size bowl. Mix well. Add the onion and corn kernels and toss to combine.
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD | 12 TOMATOES
2020-03-11 · Lightly crumble half of the cornbread in the bottom of a large trifle dish. Layer with half of the pinto beans, half of the tomatoes, half of the red onion, half of the bell pepper, half of the green onion, half of the cheddar, half of the bacon, and half of the corn. …
- Lightly crumble half of the cornbread in the bottom of a large trifle dish. Layer with half of the pinto beans, half of the tomatoes, half of the red onion, half of the bell pepper, half of the green onion, half of the cheddar, half of the bacon, and half of the corn.
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD - AN OLD FASHIONED RECIPE - EATS ...
2020-05-23 · In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch mix, and bacon grease until fully combined. Spoon onto the salad and toss until all of the dressing is combined with the cornbread, …
- Make the cornbread. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornbread mix, egg, and milk. Spoon into the prepared dish and bake until golden brown – about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- When cool, crumble or cut into small ½-inch cubes and spoon into a large mixing bowl. Set aside, uncovered, to dry out for at least 4 hours.
- Cook the ears of corn until tender crisp – about 15 minutes. Drain well. Cut the kernels off of the cob and slide into the bowl with the cornbread.
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD - BACK FOR SECONDS
2014-06-29 · I have made this Southern Cornbread Salad a few times, each time making waaaay more than I actually needed for the occasion. Partially because it always gets …
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
2010-02-24 · Prepare the cornbread by combining the cornmeal, egg, milk, oil, and sour cream in a large bowl and mix well. Pour into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake cornbread at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown. …
See details »
CORNBREAD SALAD - SOUTHERN BITE
2012-06-27 · The recipe calls for about half of a batch of cornbread from an 8 to 9-inch skillet. Now, I’d love to say that it’s perfect made with leftover cornbread, but you and I know both know there rarely is …
BACON CORNBREAD SALAD ~ THE BUTTERED HOME
2021-06-28 · Instructions. Prepare cornbread with added 1/2 cup shredded cheddar to recipe. Cook, cool and break into bite size pieces in a large serving bowl. Add remaining ingredients in with cornbread and mix well. Reserve a little bacon and cheese to dress the top of the salad…
- Prepare cornbread with added 1/2 cup shredded cheddar to recipe. Cook, cool and break into bite size pieces in a large serving bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients in with cornbread and mix well. Reserve a little bacon and cheese to dress the top of the salad.
DIANNE'S SOUTHWESTERN CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2004-05-24 · I make an 8" pan of cornbread using family recipe, adding 1/2 can of Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies, drained. I used the other 1/2 can of Rotel mixed in with a bag of frozen corn for 'mexican' corn. I also didn't have tomatoes so I used a can of Hunts diced tomatoes/sweet onion, drained. I fix ground beef with taco seasoning for family members to add to the salad …
- Layer a large bowl with half each of cornbread, lettuce, and next 6 ingredients; spoon half of dressing evenly over top. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients and dressing. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
SOUTHERN COBB SALAD WITH CORNBREAD CROUTONS | SOUTHERN LIVING
2021-04-12 · Whisk together red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, honey, and salt in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil until completely combined, about 30 seconds; set aside. Step 2 Toss together lettuce …
- Whisk together red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, honey, and salt in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil until completely combined, about 30 seconds; set aside.
- Toss together lettuce and ⅓ cup vinaigrette in a large bowl. Transfer mixture to a platter; top with cornbread croutons, eggs, cheese, avocado, bacon, and peas. Drizzle salad with remaining ⅓ cup dressing.
CORNBREAD SALAD | EASYHEALTH LIVING
2019-10-08 · This delicious and different salad features all your favorite Southern veggies! Layers of cornbread, black eyed peas, corn, tomatoes and green peppers combine with bacon and cheese for a …
- In a large bowl (or 2 small to medium bowls), layer half of ingredients in this order: cornbread, tomato mixture, peas, corn, cheese, bacon, dressing. Repeat layers.
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
2019-07-11 · Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Whisk together flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, oil, and eggs. Add to flour mixture and stir …
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, oil, and eggs. Add to flour mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE | RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
2021-05-17 · Dice the cornbread up in small cubes. Mix the tomatoes, peppers, chiles, red onions, and half the green onions in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix the tomatoes, peppers, chiles, red onions, and half the green onions in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
SOUTHERN EASY LAYERED CORNBREAD SALAD · THE TYPICAL MOM
2019-12-17 · This Southern easy layered cornbread salad recipe is a perfect side dish during the holidays or a barbecue! Layers of corn, cheese and more make it irresistible! If you’re looking for a great side dish for the holidays this easy layered cornbread salad …
- In another bowl whisk together your mayo, sour cream, and ranch dressing mix packet. (I then spoon it into a pint freezer bag so I can squeeze it out.)
- Bake your cornbread according to the directions on the package. Cook your bacon and dice it up when it is cooked and cooled.
CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE WITH RANCH DRESSING - SOUTHERN PLATE
2020-07-17 · Bake cornbread. Cool and crumble and place in large bowl. Add in onions, bell pepper, diced tomatoes, corn, and bacon. Stir until well combined.
- Bake cornbread. Cool and crumble and place in large bowl. Add in onions, bell pepper, diced tomatoes, corn, and bacon. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, place mayo and ranch mix (If using). Stir until well blended. Skip this step if using plain mayo.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to salad and stir until fully mixed. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours before serving. ENJOY!
CORNBREAD SALAD | LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
2019-11-06 · In a large bowl, add the crumbled or cubed cornbread, beans, corn, green onion, bell pepper, tomato, and cheddar. Mix until well combined. Then add the dressing, and mix until …
- To make the dressing, whisk the ranch with sour cream and mayo until well combined. You can also add some herbs if you like.
- In a large bowl, add the crumbled or cubed cornbread, beans, corn, green onion, bell pepper, tomato, and cheddar. Mix until well combined. Then add the dressing, and mix until everything is well combined. Have a taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
THE BEST CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE – SIMPLY SOUTHERN MOM
2021-04-02 · Crumble the cornbread and place in a medium bowl. Top the cornbread with a layer of green bell pepper, then a layer of the onion. Top the onion layer with tomatoes. Top the tomato layer …
- Crumble the cornbread and place in a medium bowl. Top the cornbread with a layer of green bell pepper, then a layer of the onion.
- Top the onion layer with tomatoes. Top the tomato layer with a layer of pickles. Top the pickle layer with crumbled bacon.
- Make the dressing- Mix the mayonnaise, sugar, bread and butter pickle juice, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until blended.
SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD - SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD
2015-09-04 · Southern cornbread salad. Preparation Time 10 mins; Serves 6; Difficulty Easy; Measurement Converter. Convert From. Convert To. Value. Ingredients. 1 batch cornbread, cut into 2 1/2cm cubes, recipe follows. 1 (415g) tin red kidney beans, rinsed, drained. 1 (430g) tin corn kernels, drained. 1 medium Vidalia onion, finely chopped. 1 large green pepper, finely chopped. 3 large …
SOUTH YOUR MOUTH: CONFETTI CORNBREAD SALAD
2018-07-23 · The little meat-and-three restaurant I introduced y'all to with my Baby Lima Beans recipe post has a chef salad with ham and fried chicken and I always get it with ranch dressing then crumble a few of their cornbread muffins over the top! Ain't nothing healthy about it but I sure do love it! The cornbread kinda soaks up the dressing and just takes the entire salad to a whole other level of ...
12 BEST SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES ...
Jul 6, 2020 - Explore Debbiepgardenhire's board "Southern cornbread salad" on Pinterest. See more ideas about cooking recipes, cornbread salad, recipes.
6 CREATIVE CORNBREAD SALADS | ALLRECIPES
2021-03-09 · Southwest Chicken and Corn Bread Salad in a glass bowl. Credit: Stasty Cook . View Recipe this link opens in a new tab. Hearty enough to be a meal on its own, this Tex-Mex cornbread salad features chicken, pinto beans, and bacon. Be sure to serve it in a clear glass container so all the colorful layers can be displayed. 4 of 6 View All. 5 of 6. Pin Share. Facebook Tweet Email Send Text …
LAYERED SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
In the bottom of a large glass bowl, place cornbread cubes. Layer beans, corn, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and 2 cups cheese on top of cornbread. Spread ranch dressing evenly over cheese. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
CORNBREAD SALAD - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS - EASY SOUTHERN ...
2021-02-12 · Layer first nine ingredients in large salad bowl. Mix together the mayonnaise and ranch dressing with the salt and pepper.
CORNBREAD SALAD | RECIPE | CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPES ...
May 21, 2020 - This Cornbread Salad is a potluck favorite and is sure to please just about everyone!
JIFFY CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE - SOUTHERN CORNBREAD SALAD ...
2020-12-14 · 1 pan cornbread, 1 cup diced onions, 1 bell pepper, 1 cup diced tomato, 15 ounce can whole kernel corn, 1 pound bacon In a separate bowl, place mayo and ranch mix (if using). Stir until well blended. Skip this step if just using plain mayo.
See details »
REAL SOUTHERN CORNBREAD - CORNBREAD RECIPES
Cornbread Recipes: Real Southern Cornbread. WorldRecipes.org. Heat a dry 12 inch cast iron skillet over high heat for 2 minutes. Add corn oil to skillet, swirl oil around to coat bottom and sides.
See details »
CORNBREAD SALAD RECIPE SOUTHERN LIVING - DIANNE'S LAYERED ...
2021-01-14 · Southern Cornbread Salad Recipe | Taste of Home Southern Cornbread Salad Ingredients. 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix. 1 cup sour cream. 1 cup mayonnaise. 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix. 3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped. 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper. 1/2 cup chopped green pepper. 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided.
See details »
time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american salads vegetables american southern-united-states refrigerator onions peppers tomatoes taste-mood savory equipment number-of-servings 4-hours-or-less