SPAGHETTI CARUSO FOR 2
I first ate this wonderful dish in San Francisco (it was a favorite of the famous Tenor, +created by him). Although rich (I only prepare it VERY occasionally), it's well worth the calories and cholesterol. Although I can go home S.F. and EAT IN N. Beach (an Italian Area of S.F.), I try and recreate the feel of a real Italian restaurant.
Provided by larry 2
Categories Chicken Livers
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Flour the chicken livers, shaking off any excess and reserve on a plate.
- In a large, straight-sided skillet, heat 3 tablespoons EVO oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add onions to skillet and saute for 3 minutes. Add 1 lb of livers and mushrooms; brown for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, wine, canned tomatoes,parsley, thyme, basil, bay leaf, salt, pepper and sugar. Stir continuously until like pate. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes- continue to stir ! Add 1/4 lb of halved livers the last 10 minutes.TASTE.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the cooking water(optional). Drain.
- Place spaghetti on a heated serving platter and sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Spoon of the spaghetti sauce on top; toss.
- Serve immediately.
- From Mary Lombardi, Gurnee +larry#1 + Popsie:.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1717.1, Fat 46.1, SaturatedFat 12.5, Cholesterol 1000.1, Sodium 1840.2, Carbohydrate 211.8, Fiber 21.2, Sugar 41.1, Protein 98.4
SPAGHETTI ALLA CARUSO ( TENOR SPAGHETTI )
This recipe is named after the famed Italian tenor, Enrico Caruso, who was known to enjoy cooking, loved to eat, and especially liked chicken livers. This dish is found on the menus of many Italian restaurants throughout the country. So, put on some Italian music, pour yourself a glass of Chianti and enjoy this different and very rich dish.
Provided by Alan in SW Florida
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Season the flour with a little salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken livers in the flour.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and saute the chicken livers until brown and firm. Remove the chicken livers from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter to the pan and saute the garlic, onion, and mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add the wine and reduce to about half. Puree the tomatoes in a blender and add to the pan.
- Slice the chicken livers in half and add them to the pan. Add the parsley and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Reduce heat and cook on low for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 6 quarts of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and plate the pasta. Cover with the sauce and garnish with some parsley. Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 896.4, Fat 20.6, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 406.5, Sodium 728.1, Carbohydrate 125.5, Fiber 8.2, Sugar 10.3, Protein 41
- Put the tomatoes and tomato paste into the container of a food processor or blender and blend to a fine puree. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with garlic and stir. Add the tomato mixture and bring to a boil. Stir in the rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, pick over the livers, cutting away dark spots and fibers. Cut each liver in half. Line a mixing bowl with a sieve and set aside.
- Bring a large amount of water to a boil to cook the spaghetti.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the livers in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat the corn oil in a heavy skillet and add half of the livers at a time. Cook over high heat, stirring the livers until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes per batch. As the livers are browned, transfer them to the sieve. Continue cooking until all the livers are cooked and drained.
- Pour the fat from the skillet and wipe it clean. Add half of the butter to the skillet and cook until butter is melted and foamy. Add the livers and cook about one minute, tossing them in the hot butter.
- As the livers are cooked add the spaghetti to the boiling water. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes or longer until tender. Drain.
- Empty the spaghetti into a mixing bowl and add the remaining two tablespoons of butter and toss. Pour the mushroom and tomato sauce over the spaghetti and toss. Arrange the livers on top. Sprinkle with cheese and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1163, UnsaturatedFat 37 grams, Carbohydrate 118 grams, Fat 57 grams, Fiber 12 grams, Protein 52 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 1870 milligrams, Sugar 28 grams, TransFat 1 gram
SPAGHETTI CARUSO STYLE
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1 Pour the oil into a skillet large enough to hold all of the pasta. Add the shallots. Cook over medium heat until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the livers, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook 2 minutes or until the livers are no longer pink. 2 Stir in the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. 3 Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add 2 tablespoons of salt, then the pasta, gently pushing it down until the pasta is completely covered with water. Stir well. Cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente, tender yet still firm to the bite. Set aside some of the cooking water. Drain the pasta. 4 Add the spaghetti to the sauce and toss together 1 minute over high heat. Add a little cooking water if the sauce seems too thick. Add the butter and cheese and toss again. Serve immediately. From "1,000 Italian Recipes." Copyright 2004 by Michele Scicolone. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
- In a large pot over medium heat cook the garlic cloves in olive oil until golden, about 1 minute. Add the chili-pepper flakes, clams and wine. Cover the pot and steam until the clams open, about 5 to 7 minutes. Strain, reserve the broth and set the clams aside to cool.
- Boil the spaghetti in well-salted water until tender. While it is cooking, take the clams from the shells. Discard the shells. Put the reserved clam broth in a large saucepan over medium heat. When it is boiling, add the lemon juice, the parsley and the reserved clams. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the spaghetti, toss and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 873, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 136 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 36 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 938 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "spaghetti caruso recipes"
SPAGHETTI CARUSO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Sauté onion, green pepper, and garlic in a large, heavy, ovenproof skillet in 1/4 cup olive oil until vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper, stirring well. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sauté chicken livers in remaining olive oil for five minutes. Combine chicken livers and sauce, stirring well. Cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions. Serve sauce over spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
25 BEST SPAGHETTI RECIPE IDEAS | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL …
SPAGHETTI ALLA CARUSO | CHICKEN LIVER RECIPES, ITALIAN RECIPES, PASTA ...
PASTA RECIPES: ITALIAN FOOD: ITALIAN FOOD RECIPES: SPAGHETTI RECIPES ...
CARUSO SAUCE WITH PASTA - CARNATION®
LOW FODMAP SPAGHETTI CARUSO - IBS KITCHN.
SPAGHETTI RECIPES: PASTA ALLA CARUSO – RECIPES COLLECTION
SPAGHETTI CARUSO (SPAGHETTI ALLA CARUSO) RECIPE - EAT YOUR BOOKS
SPAGHETTI CARUSO - LIDIA
SPAGHETTI WITH CARUSO SAUCE – JAMES BOND FOOD
SPAGHETTI ALLA CARUSO RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
SPAGHETTI | ALLRECIPES
SPAGHETTI ALLA CARUSO RECIPE BY GRANNYS.KITCHEN | IFOOD.TV
SPAGHETTI CARUSO RECIPE BY MEAL.MATES | IFOOD.TV
BUCATINI ALLA CARUSO - MEMORIE DI ANGELINA
AUTHENTIC SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLE- THE BEST RECIPE
SPAGHETTI CARUSO RECIPE FROM ENCYCLOPEDIA OF FOOD AND COOKERY …
SPAGHETTI CARUSO | LONG LIVE THE KITCHEN
PASTA ALLA CARUSO | FOODWHIRL
SPAGHETTI CARUSO RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SPAGHETTI AL CARUSO : RECIPE - GOURMETSLEUTH
SPAGHETTI ALLA CARUSO - BIGOVEN.COM
OUR BEST SPAGHETTI RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPAGHETTI CARUSO RECIPE | RECIPE | COOKING, RECIPES, NYT COOKING
BARILLA® THICK SPAGHETTI ALLA CARUSO
SPAGHETTI CARUSO FOR 2 RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
SPAGHETTI CARUSO RECIPE FROM ENCYCLOPEDIA OF FOOD AND COOKERY …
LIDIA BASTIANICH'S SPAGHETTI CARBONARA - TODAY.COM
SPAGHETTI CARUSO 2 RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
SPAGHETTI CARUSO | FOODWHIRL
SPAGHETTI CARUSO - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
PASTA WITH CARUSO SAUCE | A CLASSIC FROM URUGUAY - FUSION CRAFTINESS
SPAGHETTI CARUSO FOR 6 - LUNCH RECIPES
CARUSO SAUCE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SPAGHETTI CARUSO – FURIOUS COOKING
SPAGHETTI CARUSO - YOUTUBE
SPAGHETTI ALLA CARUSO | CHICKEN LIVER RECIPES, CHICKEN LIVERS, PASTA …
PASTA CON SALSA CARUSO (URUGUAYAN PASTA) RECIPE
You'll also love