FLAVORFUL VEGETARIAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH TVP
- In a large sauce pan or casserole dish saute oil, onion, and garlic until it it begins to brown a little.
- Put canned tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, parsley, paprika, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, and sugar into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. When adding canned tomatoes use a little water to clean the cans and add to blender mixture.
- Add tomato mixture to onions and garlic.
- Add bay leaf.
- Boil textured vegetable protein in a separate pot until soft (about 5 minutes). Strain and add to sauce.
- Simmer Sauce for about 2 hours. I have done both shorter, but I would recommend 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or use in lasagna.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126.7, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 0.8, Sodium 641.1, Carbohydrate 20.2, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 12.3, Protein 4.1
SPAGHETTI WITH EASY TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN SAUCE
Perfect spaghetti works great with a perfect sauce. This easy, delicious and full of nutrition sauce, is a good example of a fast and tasty dish. I created this recipe ages ago and since then, I'm making it every week. It also works great with rice and bread.
Provided by Psychedelic Floid
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is warm, add the onions and cook until soft. About 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add a dash of salt and bell pepper and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low-medium and add black pepper and another dash of salt, stir, cover and let it cook.
- Meanwhile put the TVP in a bowl and add enough boiling water to cover. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes. It should be soft. Strain and put a heavy saucepan over the TVP and drain as much water as you can, chop finely, then add the TVP along with spices and stir. You also can use Textured soy protein, but you don't need to chop them. Add the tomato paste and stir again. Let it cook for a minute or two. Taste, then add the coconut milk and lemon juice (if using), stir and remove from heat.
- For the spaghetti, add the water in a saucepan over high heat. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 2-3 drops of oil and let it come to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook on high heat for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve some of the spaghetti with 1 to 2 spoons of the sauce and garnish with a spring of mint or basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 540.5, Fat 11, SaturatedFat 1.6, Sodium 145.9, Carbohydrate 93.7, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 7.5, Protein 16.4
More about "spaghetti with easy textured vegetable protein sauce recipes"
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Is spaghetti sauce vegan?Spaghetti sauce is an Italian-American classic that can be made in endless ways. From a basic tomato sauce to a bolognaise-style meat sauce, spaghetti sauce recipes may or may not be vegan. Growing up, spaghetti sauce in my house meant tomato sauce with ground beef in it. This vegan recipe replaces the ground beef with lentils and mushrooms.
How to cook vegan ground beef spaghetti?Add the vegan ground beef, stir and cook until golden brown (about 5 to 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add marinara sauce, vegetable stock, tomato paste, Italian seasoning or oregano, salt, and milk, stir and cook for 5 more minutes, also stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
What ingredients do you need to make Spaghetti Sauce?When your vegetables are ready, add the remaining sauce ingredients. This includes lentils, crushed tomatoes, nutritional yeast, sugar, dry basil and oregano, salt and pepper. Stir the sauce until everything is well mixed, then simmer over medium-low heat for at least 10 minutes.
What is the best way to add plant-based protein to spaghetti?Mince them finely or cut large pieces for a chunkier sauce. Lentils: The cheapest and most convenient way to add plant-based protein to this meal is with cooked lentils. I typically use canned lentils (drained and rinsed), but any cooked lentil can work.