SPANISH BURGER WITH PICKLED SHALLOTS
- For the spiced butter: Melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Add the harissa and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, cover and let sit 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- For the pickled saffron shallots: Bring the vinegar, sugar, salt and saffron to a boil in a small saucepan set over medium heat; remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Put the shallots in a small bowl, pour the vinegar mixture over, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- For the aioli: Combine the mayonnaise, harissa, smoked paprika, piquillo peppers, anchovy and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- For the crispy prosciutto: Heat the oil in a small saute pan over medium heat until it shimmers. Add one slice of the prosciutto at a time to the pan and cook until just crisp. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- For the burgers: Combine the chuck and fat in a meat grinder and grind coarsely into a large bowl (or put the 80/20 beef into a large bowl). Mix in some salt and pepper. Divide the meat into 4 equal patties.
- Heat a cast-iron pan over high heat until smoking. Add the canola oil and burgers and cook until the bottoms are golden brown and a crust has formed, about 4 minutes. Flip over and begin brushing and basting with the spiced butter. Cook until the bottoms are golden brown and the meat is cooked to medium, another 4 minutes. Top the burgers with the fontina, add a little water to the pan, cover quickly and cook until the cheese is completely melted, about 1 minute.
- Spread some aioli on the top and bottom buns. Place a burger on each bottom bun, top with some of the pickled shallots, followed by a slice of crispy prosciutto and some arugula. Add the top buns and serve.
MEXICAN BEEF BURGERS
"When half the family requested hamburgers and the others wanted tacos, my daughter-in-law and I came up with this compromise," recalls Stanny Barta of Pisek, North Dakota.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and chips over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight patties. , Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Wrap burgers and desired toppings in tortillas.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 508 calories, Fat 22g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 128mg cholesterol, Sodium 890mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
An extremely flavorful Spanish style burger made from beef and Spanish chorizo sausage, topped with caramelized onions and smoky red pepper ranch sauce and shavings of Manchego cheese served in sweet brioche buns.
Provided by Q80 BurgerBelly
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground sirloin and chorizo using your hands. Set aside to let the flavors blend.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add one chopped onion, and saute until tender. Transfer the onion to a blender, and add the red pepper, Ranch dressing, saffron, and paprika. Pulse until fairly smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and add the remaining onions, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for about 15 minutes until the onions are golden brown. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill for high heat. Form the meat into four patties, slightly larger than the buns.
- Place burgers on the grill, and cook for 5 minutes per side, or until well done. Split buns in half, and spread butter on the inside. Place on the grill to toast briefly.
- Place burgers onto buns, and top with caramelized onion and the roasted pepper ranch sauce. Sprinkle with a few shavings of manchego cheese, and place the top of the bun on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1360.7 calories, Carbohydrate 39.3 g, Cholesterol 230.1 mg, Fat 105.5 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 59.3 g, SaturatedFat 33.3 g, Sodium 2746.1 mg, Sugar 15.6 g
The Spanish eat many types of meatballs and this is really a big meatball stuffed with Serrano ham and Manchego cheese.
Provided by gailanng
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- Lay out ground chuck in a single layer and season well with salt and pepper. Divide chuck into four portions.
- Wrap each piece of Manchego in a 4-inch square piece of ham. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add each ham-and-cheese bundle and fry, turning, until ham is crisped and cheese is beginning to melt. Allow to cool slightly, fold meat around each bundle to form hamburgers about 1 inch thick.
- Grill burgers for about 4 to 5 minutes a side or until just cooked through.
SPANISH BURGERS WITH MANCHEGO AND CHORIZO HASH BROWNS
- Heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat then add chorizo.
- While chorizo is rendering and browning, peel onion. Place meat in a mixing bowl. Grate a few tablespoons of onion directly over the meat. Quarter the remainder of the onion and thinly slice.
- Add potatoes and onions to the chorizo. Season the hash browns with salt and pepper and fresh thyme. Once the potatoes are lightly browned, 7 to 8 minutes, flip them and press them down with a spatula to crisp them, continue to cook 7 to 8 minutes more.
- To the sirloin, add parsley, smoked paprika, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix the burgers to combine and form 4 large patties. Create an indentation in each burger using the heal of your hand to counter the burger at the center that happens to burgers as they cook - your burgers will be nice and flat for topping if you use this trick!
- Heat the remaining extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the burgers to the skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare burgers and up to 6 to 7 minutes on each side for well done. Melt manchego cheese, 2 thin slices on each burger, the last 2 minutes they are in the pan. Tent the skillet with loose foil to trap enough heat to melt the cheese.
- Place pequillo peppers in food processor and add hot sauce, salt and pepper. Process the peppers into a smooth paste.
- To assemble, place burgers on bun bottoms and top with sliced red onion, cucumber and tomato. Slather the bun tops with pepper paste and set into place. Serve crispy hash browns with chorizo along side.
SPANISH HAMBURGER ( SLOPPY JOES )
- Brown hamburger with onion and celery. Flavor with salt and pepper to taste. You may want to use 1/8 tsp cayenne or white pepper to add some heat. A few drops of tobasco sauce could also be used, or some red pepper flakes.
- Drain hamburger; in same skillet, add tomato soup, garlic salt, and water. Stir to combine, and simmer for 20 minutes to half an hour or until you're ready to serve.
- This can also be made ahead of time and reheated, or placed in a slow cooker to be kept warm.
- Serve in warmed hamburger buns.
SUPER SALSA BURGERS
- Combine ground beef, salsa, and bread crumbs in a bowl using your hands. Shape into 12 patties.
- Cook in a skillet over medium-high heat until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centers registers 160 degrees F (71 degrees C), about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 114.5 calories, Carbohydrate 2.3 g, Cholesterol 35.5 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 113.9 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. In small bowl stir together cucumber, tomato, 2 tablespoons of the olives, onion and pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.2. In medium bowl stir together remaining olives, egg, crackers, tomato paste, parsley and thyme. Add ground beef. Mix well. Shape into five 3/4-inch patties.3. Grill over medium coals about 11 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.* Brush with melted jelly during the last 3 to 4 minutes of grilling.4. Serve patties with cucumber mixture.*NOTE: Patties may also be cooked in contact grill. Preheat contact grill for 5 minutes. Cook patties in grill for 5 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink. Drizzle with melted jelly after cooking. Serve as directed above.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
More about "spanish style burgers recipes"
SPANISH BURGERS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
4/5 (2)Category Burger, Sandwich And Wrap, Main CourseServings 4Calories 520 per serving
- Combine ground beef, 1/4 cup olives, 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes and pepper in bowl; mix lightly. Shape into 4 patties.
- Place patties onto grill. Grill, turning once, 15-18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 160°F and meat is no longer pink in center. Top with 2 slices cheese during last minute of cooking.
SPANISH STYLE BURGER – THE FOODOLIC RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SPANISH BURGER – RECIPE - CULINARY RECIPES UNILEVER …
SPANISH-STYLE CHORIZO AND ROMESCO BURGERS WITH …
MEXICAN BURGERS | MCCORMICK
21 BURGER COPYCAT RECIPES INSPIRED BY YOUR RESTAURANT …
10 BEST SPANISH HAMBURGER MEAT RECIPES | YUMMLY
GARLIC PORK BURGERS (SPANISH STYLE) - THIS IS HOW I COOK
EASY 80-YEAR-OLD HEIRLOOM SPANISH HAMBURGER RECIPE
SPANISH PORK BURGERS RECIPE - SANG YOON | FOOD & WINE
SPANISH-STYLE BURGERS | SARA MOULTON
10 BEST SPANISH BURGER RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 TRADITIONAL SPANISH SALADS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
SPANISH BURGERS WITH CHORIZO AND SMOKY PAPRIKA MAYO …
SPANISH BURGER RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
RECIPE: SPANISH-SPICED BURGERS WITH CHARRED SHISHITO PEPPERS
SPANISH BURGER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MEXICAN BURGERS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
RECIPE: BURGER GURU YIANNI PAPOUTSIS REVEALS HOW TO COOK THE …
SPANISH-STYLE PORK BURGERS WITH SAFFRON-PIMIENTO MAYONNAISE …
SPANISH MUSTARD BURGERS - BELLY FULL
SPANISH BURGER | SARA MOULTON
TOM KERRIDGE'S SPANISH STYLE CHORIZO BURGER - FOOD NETWORK
RECIPE: SPANISH-STYLE BURGER WITH CILANTRO-DRESSED ARUGULA
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
SPANISH HAMBURGER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
SPANISH LAMB BURGERS RECIPE — THE MOM 100
SPANISH-STYLE BURGERS RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
10 BEST SPANISH BURGER RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
THE BEST JAPANESE STYLE BURGERS | WANDERCOOKS
SPANISH-STYLE BURGERS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
20 BEST SPANISH CHICKEN RECIPES (+ EASY DINNER IDEAS)
COOKING WITH RANIA: GRILLED BURGERS – SPANISH STYLE!
SPANISH CHORIZO BURGERS - BAR-BE-QUICK
SPANISH-STYLE BURGER RECIPE | RECIPES FROM OCADO
ITALIAN BURGERS ON GARLIC BUTTER BUNS - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
BURGER RECIPE: SPANISH PORK BURGERS RECIPE - WEBMD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the ingredients in a Spanish Burger?This Spanish-themed burger is boldly flavored with sautéed onions (which keep it moist), paprika, garlic and green olives. The creamy mayonnaise spread is tangy with lemon and a hint of earthy saffron. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
What is the easiest way to make a hamburger?And this easy hamburger recipe is no different. Combine ground beef/beef mince with breadcrumbs and egg (this keeps the burgers juicy) and flavorings then form into burgers. Cook on a grill or in a hot pan until cooked to your preference then top with cheese slices and allow to melt.
How to make a Spanish style chorizo burger?Tom Kerridge's Spanish Style Chorizo Burger 1 Firstly, add the cider vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, star anise to a small saucepan. 2 Place the saucepan onto the hot part of the BBQ and bring the mixture up to the boil. 3 Place the onions into a small heatproof bowl. Once the sugar has dissolved pour over the sliced onion and leave to... More ...
How do you cook burgers with mayonnaise and lemon juice?Combine mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice and saffron in a small bowl. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the burgers, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165°F, 10 to 12 minutes total. Top with cheese and cook until it is melted, about 1 minute more.