SPECIAL FRIED RICE
Twist on the typical fried rice found at a typical Chinese restaurant. Any meat can be used, but goes best with shrimp, bacon, spam, ham, Chinese sausage, or pork. If each step is carefully followed, and the pan is always HOT when cooking, then this fried rice is sure to be a hit!
Provided by Gigachip
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat 2 teaspoons canola oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat until smoking.
- Beat eggs and water together in a bowl until smooth. Pour beaten egg mixture into the skillet, let it cook in the oil briefly to begin to firm, and then scramble lightly with a wooden spoon until the eggs are cooked and shiny, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove cooked eggs to a plate.
- Pour 1 teaspoon sesame oil into the hot pan. Add enough canola oil to cover the cooking surface of the pan and heat to smoking. Saute onion and garlic in oil until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes; add peas and carrots and cook until hot, 1 to 2 minutes more. Return cooked eggs to the pan.
- Gradually add rice to the skillet, breaking and tossing chunks to break into individual grains and mixing with vegetables; cook and stir until the rice starts to turn a slight brown color and is completely hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir soy sauce, fish sauce, sriracha sauce, sugar, salt, 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, and monosodium glutamate into the rice mixture; continue to cook and stir until the grains of rice are no longer sticking together, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove pan from heat and sprinkle green onion and cilantro over the fried rice; toss to mix.
- Peel outside skin of cucumber with vegetable shredder to create a ragged design on the outside. Slice cucumber diagonally and arrange in a circle around the serving platter. Serve rice in middle of platter, topping with additional green onion and a dash of white pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 906.1 calories, Carbohydrate 168.2 g, Cholesterol 186 mg, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 21.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 1598 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
CHINESE HOUSE SPECIAL FRIED RICE
I am always trying to raise the bar on fried rice recipes. This one reminds me of some Vietnamese versions and has a hint of sweetness both from the lup cheong and the ketjap manis. With char siu it will taste more distinctively Chinese.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cook the eggs in a thin layer in a skillet and then chop and set aside.
- Cook onions in oil in a hot wok until they just begin to brown; add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Crumble the rice between your fingers so there are no clumps and add to the wok with additional oil if needed to keep from sticking, season it with salt and pepper, and stir-fry until it is nicely separated on the grains.
- Move the rice to one side and add the sausage/pork/shrimp/chicken mixture, cooking that part until the sausage/pork renders any fat and the shrimp turn opaque.
- Stir in the peas and carrots, scallions, bean sprouts, and chopped egg and stir-fry until the bean sprouts go limp or the carrot is tender, whichever way you want to test it.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, and sesame oil, mixing well, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.9, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 106.1, Sodium 236.2, Carbohydrate 29.8, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 0.9, Protein 11.5
HOUSE FRIED RICE
Loaded with shrimp, ham, chicken, and veggies, just like in your favorite Chinese restaurant. This 'House' Fried Rice is delicious and an excellent use of leftovers! Feel free to substitute ingredients, depending on what you have on hand.
Provided by LMFB64
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook rice according to package directions. While rice is cooking, heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in sesame oil and stir in onion. Fry until golden, then add garlic. When garlic is lightly browned, mix in shrimp, ham, and chicken. Fry until shrimp is pink.
- Lower heat to medium and stir in celery, carrot, green pepper, and peas. Fry until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in beaten egg and cook just until egg is scrambled and firm.
- When rice is done, mix thoroughly with vegetables and stir in soy sauce. Adjust seasoning to your preference and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236.2 calories, Carbohydrate 26.4 g, Cholesterol 58.9 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 602.6 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
SPECIAL FRIED RICE
- Bring water to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat, cover and cook over medium low heat until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Spread rice out on a cookie sheet to quick cool it.
- Heat a wok, wok shaped skillet or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add oil to the pan. Add egg to hot oil and break into small bits as it scrambles. When eggs are scrambled, add garlic and ginger to the pan. Add carrots, pepper, scallions to the pan and quick stir-fry veggies 2 minutes. Add rice to the pan and combine with veggies. Fry rice with veggies 2 or 3 minutes. Add peas and soy sauce to the rice and stir fry 1 minute more, then serve.
HOUSE-SPECIAL FRIED RICE
Skip the restaurant, and make this House-Special Fried Rice at home. Fix up this hearty House-Special Fried Rice with chicken, beef and shrimp and then add in your veggies and sauces for a flavor-packed dish.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat 1 Tbsp. dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, steak and garlic; cook and stir 6 min. Push chicken mixture to one side of skillet. Add shrimp to other side of skillet; cook and stir 4 min.
- Add rice, peas and carrots, soy sauce and remaining dressing; mix well.
- Cook 4 to 6 min. or until shrimp turn pink and rice mixture is heated through, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 24 g
SPECIAL FRIED RICE (RACHAEL RAY'S)
Fried rice is so delicious, colorful, versatile, and kid-friendly. It really makes a difference separating/cooling the rice. These make a filling meal with my Scallion Tortilla Wrappers.
Provided by Roxygirl in Colorado
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add rice, reduce heat, cover and cook over medium low heat until tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Spread rice out on a cookie sheet to quick cool it.
- (If you have leftover rice you can really speed this dish up).
- Heat a wok, wok shaped skillet or large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add oil to the pan.
- Add egg to hot oil and break into small bits as it scrambles.
- When eggs are scrambled, add garlic and ginger to the pan.
- (If you happen to be out of ginger like I was once, you can add some terriyaki sauce).
- Add carrots, pepper, scallions to the pan and quick stir-fry veggies 2 minutes.
- Add rice to the pan and combine with veggies.
- Fry rice with veggies 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add peas and soy sauce to the rice and stir fry 1 minute more, then serve.
More about "special fried rice recipes"
HOUSE SPECIAL FRIED RICE RECIPE (HIGH PROTEIN) - SKINNYTASTE
Ratings 21Calories 432 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch
- The easiest way to get the chicken and steak sliced into thin strips is to roll the thin piece of meat, then slice it.
- Heat a large nonstick wok or deep skillet over medium-high heat. When hot spritz with oil and add the steak, cook about 2 to 3 minutes turning halfway then set aside on a plate.
SPECIAL FRIED RICE - CHINESE RECIPES FOR ALL
EASY SPECIAL FRIED RICE RECIPE | SCHOOL OF WOK
FRIED RICE | RECIPETIN EATS
10 BEST UNCLE BENS FRIED RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOP 5 THAI FRIED RICE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
FAVORITE FRIED RICE! | GIMME SOME OVEN
THE BEST FRIED RICE (BETTER THAN TAKEOUT!) - CHEF SAVVY
SPECIAL FRIED RICE – 15 MINUTE DINNER RECIPE
SPECIAL FRIED RICE - COOK2EATWELL
MY SINGAPORE-STYLE FRIED RICE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
SPECIAL FRIED RICE RECIPE: MAKE THIS CHINESE TAKEAWAY …
Ratings 88Calories 690 per servingCategory Main Course
SINGAPORE FRIED RICE (SIMPLE & EASY) – BEAT THE BUDGET
SPECIAL FRIED RICE - CUBAN RECIPES
SPECIAL FRIED RICE RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
FRIED RICE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CHINESE SPECIAL FRIED RICE RECIPE, A FILLING ONE POT MEAL
SPECIAL FRIED RICE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPE | CHINESE SPECIAL - BON MASALA & FOOD …
CHINESE SPECIAL FRIED RICE RESTAURANT STYLE - HINA MUNAWAR
16 EXTRA SPECIAL FRIED RICE RECIPES - GOOD FOOD
SPECIAL FRIED RICE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PHIL VICKERY’S SPECIAL-FRIED RICE RECIPE | GOODTO
CARIBBEAN SPECIAL FRIED RICE – THE TINY FAIRY
CHEF'S SPECIAL FRIED RICE RECIPE - LOOKANDCOOK
HOUSE SPECIAL FRIED RICE - KAWALING PINOY
HOW TO COOK THE BEST RESTAURANT STYLE CHINESE FRIED RICE
SPECIAL FRIED RICE - SCREAMER WIKI
CHINESE SPECIAL FRIED RICE - RECIPE - YOUTUBE
SPECIAL FRIED RICE | AUTHENTIC CHINESE RECIPES | LEE KUM KEE
SPECIAL FRIED RICE RECIPE | TILDA
HOW DO YOU MAKE JAPANESE RICE MARION GRASBY? - SELECTED RECIPES
FRIED RICE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
SPECIAL FRIED RICE MASTERCLASS - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
REALLY SPECIAL FRIED RICE RECIPES - BEST CHINESE STYLE DISHES
GROUND PORK FRIED RICE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC SPECIAL FRIED RICE - STAY AT HOME MUM
ASIAN HOUSE SPECIAL FRIED RICE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CHINESE SPECIAL FRIED RICE QUICK & EASY - KRUMPLI
SPECIAL FRIED RICE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #vegetables #asian #chinese #easy #meat #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make fried rice?Method 1 Heat the vegetable and sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan until it very hot. Add the garlic and ginger and cook briefly, stirring all the time. 2 Add the chilled rice. ... 3 Beat the eggs together and add to the pan. ... 4 Add the peas, ham and chicken to the wok and warm through. 5 Put the fried rice in a bowl and serve.
How do you make fried bacon and rice at home?Spray wok with oil and increase heat to high. Stir-fry bacon for 3 minutes or until golden. Add sesame oil, onions, prawns, and peas Add soy sauce and rice and stir fry for another 2 minutes or until heated through Cook your rice the day before and it fries up even better
How to make Chinese stir fry rice?Heat the vegetable and sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan until it very hot. Add the garlic and ginger and cook briefly, stirring all the time. Add the chilled rice. Season with salt and pepper and stir fry for about 5 minutes on a high heat. Beat the eggs together and add to the pan. Stir fry until the eggs have set.
How to make fried rice in a cast iron skillet?Directions 1 Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil. 2 Beat egg with 2 teaspoons water and a large pinch salt and add to skillet. ... 3 Return skillet to high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil, the carrots, and whites of the green onions. ... 4 Add rice, peas, and cooked eggs to skillet. ...