SPICED SWEET POTATO AND BACON SKEWERS RECIPE
Sugar and spice and everything nice...that's what this Spiced Sweet Potato and Bacon Skewers recipe is made of! An easy side dish, perfect for fall.
Provided by Brandie Valenzuela
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place oven-safe cooking racks on top of a large rimmed baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place cut sweet potatoes in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Without separating bacon slices into individual pieces, cut entire slab of bacon slices into fourths (when laying horizontally in front of you). This is easiest by cutting slab in half and then cutting each of those portions in half again.
- In a small bowl, combine sugars and spices. Pour spiced sugar mixture onto a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- With metal skewer, slide on a chunk of sweet potato, then 1 small piece of bacon (which is 1/4th of a bacon slice) that has been folded in half (or smaller if necessary). Make sure to leave a tiny bit of room between each bacon slice and potato chuck to allow even cooking (don't push them tightly together). Repeat pattern until you have about 7 pieces of sweet potato and 6 pieces of bacon on each skewer.
- Roll each skewer in the spiced sugar mixture. You may want to use your hand to hold some of the spiced sugar to press more of it onto the potatoes and bacon. Tap your skewer gently to remove any excess spiced sugar. Place skewer on top of the the cooling racks on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining skewers. Discard any remaining spiced sugar.
- Bake skewers for about 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and bacon is fully cooked.
SPICED BACON SKEWERS RECIPE - (4.2/5)
Provided by tinathorn
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray a wire rack with vegetable spray and place the rack on top of the baking sheet. You will need fifteen to twenty 8-inch metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes). Put the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a large resealable bag. Shake the bag well to mix the ingredients. Note: I didn't have a plastic bag on hand when I made this recipe, so I just mixed in a medium bowl, then dumped in a shallow pan. Thread 1 bacon slice onto each skewer like ribbon candy. Don't push the bacon together too closely or the skewers won't cook evenly. Dip each bacon skewer into the plastic bag (or shallow pan) with the sugar mixture, making sure to coat both sides well. Lay each skewer on the prepared wire rack. Sprinkle the skewers with any remaining sugar mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the bacon is brown and crips, turning the skewers after 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.
CHEESY BACON STRAWS
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and fit a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- In a small saucepot, mix the maple syrup, red pepper flakes, orange juice and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- Line up the bacon slices on the wire rack and brush with the hot maple syrup mixture. Sprinkle some cheese on each piece of bacon. With a skewer in hand, fold the end of a piece of bacon in half lengthwise and press the skewer through the end. Do this to 4 pieces of bacon, spreading them out evenly across the skewer, and place the skewer on the baking sheet. Twist the bacon pieces into long spirals so as to create straws. Take another skewer and skewer the bottom of each piece of bacon to keep the bacon twisted. Do this to all the bacon.
- Bake until the bacon browns, about 35 minutes. Let cool slightly on the rack; the bacon will get crunchy as it sits. Serve immediately.
SWEET AND SPICY BACON
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together brown sugar, cayenne, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Arrange bacon slices in l layer on a large broiler pan and bake in middle of oven (or upper third of oven if baking with eggs) 20 minutes. Turn slices over and sprinkle evenly with spiced sugar. Continue baking until bacon is crisp and brown, 15 to 20 minutes more, then transfer to paper towels to drain.
BACON CHICKEN SKEWERS
Your whole family will fall for these moist, flavorful chicken strips. I serve them every year at my daughter's birthday party because her friends request them!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, chili powder and hot pepper sauce; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours., In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. , Drain and discard marinade. Place a chicken strip on each bacon strip; thread each onto a metal or soaked wooden skewer. , Grill skewers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-14 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts :
CURLY CANDIED BACON SKEWERS
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Put a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Fold each half of the bacon in an "S" pattern upon itself a few times and thread each one onto a wooden skewer.
- Place the bacon skewers on the prepared wire rack.
- Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture on the bacon skewers.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip the skewers and sprinkle on some more of the sugar mixture. Cook for 20 minutes more.
- Remove the bacon skewers from the oven and flip them over. Taste one skewer. If desired, sprinkle a small amount of the remaining spice mixture on the bacon skewers.
- Serve the skewers just as they are or add on garnishes, such as olives and cherry tomatoes, before popping them in your cocktail!
SPICED GROUND MEAT SKEWERS
These oniony, deeply spiced skewers, made with just about any kind of ground meat, are based on Adana kebabs, which are named for the Turkish city from where they're said to have originated. Adana kebabs are traditionally made from hand-minced lamb that's been larded with lamb tail fat, but the flavors of cumin, red chile flakes and sumac are just as delicious with regular ground lamb, or even ground beef or turkey. The trick to getting a pleasing, springy texture is to knead the meat and seasonings until the mixture feels sticky. Keep everything cold, and then wet your hands when you form the meat around the skewers. Cooking the kebabs over charcoal adds a compelling smokiness, but using the highest heat on your gas grill will also work well.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories skewers and kebabs, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the meat, onion, garlic, cilantro, cumin, sumac, salt, Urfa pepper, black pepper, and cinnamon, if using.
- With your hands, thoroughly knead and massage the meat to incorporate the ingredients, about 4 minutes. Breaking down the meat will create a sticky, cohesive mixture that results in a pleasing springy texture. You can also combine everything in an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, in which case it will take only about 2 minutes. Chill the mixture for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Wet your hands with cold water, then divide meat into 6 equal portions and mold each around a metal or soaked bamboo skewer (see Tip). Transfer skewers to a large plate or baking sheet. You can grill them right away at this point, or cover and refrigerate them while preparing the grill (up to 4 hours).
- Heat the grill to high. When the grill is hot, lightly brush the grates with oil, and add the skewers. Cook, rotating them carefully every few minutes, until evenly browned and slightly charred in places, about 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let rest for a few minutes. Garnish with more herbs, sumac and flaky sea salt, and serve.
BACON RANCH CHICKEN SKEWERS
- Whisk together ranch dressing and hot chile paste in a large bowl.
- Mix in chicken pieces and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken from the bag and transfer to a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Pat chicken pieces dry with more paper towels.
- Thread a piece of onion about 1 1/2 inches down the skewer.
- Thread the end portion of one strip of bacon onto skewer so the rest of the strip is hanging down. Skewer on a piece of chicken; thread on the next portion of the bacon. Turn the skewer so that the long end of the bacon is again hanging down. Repeat this process of skewering and turning until the entire strip of bacon is threaded, using 4 to 5 chicken pieces.
- Thread a second piece of onion onto the end of the skewer.
- Repeat steps 5 through 7 for all twelve skewers.
- Season chicken skewers with salt and pepper as desired.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning every 3 to 4 minutes, until nicely browned on all sides and the meat is no longer pink in the center, 12 to 16 minutes total per skewer. Serve with ranch dressing as a dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 441.2 calories, Carbohydrate 21.3 g, Cholesterol 118.3 mg, Fat 20.2 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 42.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 402.1 mg, Sugar 9.7 g
SWEET AND SPICY BACON KEBABS WITH SCALLION-GINGER RELISH
- Make the relish:
- Toss scallions, chile, lime juice, oil, ginger, and brown sugar in a medium bowl to combine; season with salt.
- Make the bacon kebabs:
- Prepare a grill for medium-high, indirect heat (for a charcoal grill, bank coals on one side of grill; for a gas grill, leave one or two burners off). Oil grates. Combine honey, sambal oelek, vinegar, and Sriracha in a small bowl; set glaze aside.
- Thread bacon onto 6-8 skewers, folding back and forth in accordion style, and grill over indirect heat, turning every minute or so, until browned and crisp, 10-12 minutes. Baste with reserved glaze, turning every 30 seconds or so, until lacquered and slightly sticky, about 3 minutes (move to an even cooler spot if needed to keep glaze from scorching). Serve bacon with relish and lime wedges.
- Do Ahead
- Glaze can be made 1 week ahead. Cover and chill.
SPICED LAMB SKEWERS
Marinate these a day ahead so the spices can reall penetrate the meat and tenderize it. If eating outside, barbeque for the best flavor. Serve with couscous salad.
Provided by English_Rose
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together until well blended.
- Toss in the lamb, marinade for as long as possible then thread onto 12 skewers.
- Cover well and chill until ready to cook.
- Grill for 7-10 mins turning frequently until cooked but a little pink in the centre.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 90.7, Fat 9.4, SaturatedFat 1.3, Sodium 3.3, Carbohydrate 2.2, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.3, Protein 0.5
More about "spiced bacon skewers recipe 425"
DAVID VENABLE’S SPICED BACON SKEWERS | RECIPE - RACHAEL …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- You will need 15-20 8-inch metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes)
SPICED BACON SKEWERS - IN MY OWN STYLE
Reviews 15Category AppetizerCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Line baking sheet with foil. Coat a wire rack with cooking spray and place on top of baking sheet.
- Put brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, nutmeg and cloves in a resealable plastic bag. Shake bag well to mix ingredients.
- Thread 1 slice of bacon onto each skewer like ribbon candy. Don’t push bacon together too closely or bacon won’t cook evenly.
EASY CANDIED SPICED OVEN-BAKED BACON SKEWERS …
Reviews 1Total Time 40 minsServings 1
SPICY CUMIN LAMB SKEWERS - AHEAD OF THYME
SPICED BEEF SKEWERS RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
SPICY BEER BBQ CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH AVOCADO CORN AND FETA SALSA.
GRILLED SWEET N’ SPICY BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN SKEWERS
OVEN-BAKED SHRIMP SKEWERS - MORIBYAN
SPICY PORK SKEWERS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
25 KABOB RECIPES ON SKEWERS - INSANELY GOOD
SWEET AND SPICY SHRIMP, PINEAPPLE AND BACON SKEWERS
HOW TO MAKE LOADED TATER TOT SKEWERS - DELISH
TWISTED BACON (SWEET AND SPICY) - A WELL SEASONED KITCHEN
BACON SKEWERS WITH BROWN SUGAR GLAZE - GLUTEN FREE …
CAPRESE SALAD SKEWERS RECIPE WITH PESTO & BACON
BARBECUE SKEWER RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
MAPLE CHOCOLATE BACON SKEWERS - FRAMED COOKS
10 BEST BACON SKEWERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP SKEWERS RECIPE - NORTHERN YUM
BACON-WRAPPED GRILLED CHICKEN SKEWERS - THE BAKERMAMA
CARAMELIZED BACON SKEWERS - JULIE BLANNER
BEST BACON-SHRIMP SKEWERS RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOP SKEWERS | TRUE NORTH SEAFOOD
SPICY BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN SKEWERS RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
SPICY PORK SKEWERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SWEET & SPICY BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN SKEWERS
SPICED SALMON SKEWERS | EASY MIDDLE EASTERN KEBAB RECIPE
BACON WRAPPED BRUSSELS SPROUTS SKEWERS - A SIDE OF SWEET
MAPLE-GLAZED BACON SKEWERS - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
BBQ SKEWERS RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
SUPER EASY PRAWN AND BACON PARTY SKEWERS - LARDER LOVE
BACON-WRAPPED SHRIMP SKEWERS WITH CHIPOTLE COMEBACK SAUCE
BEST BACON BRUSSELS SPROUT SKEWERS RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE BACON
CHICKEN AND BACON KABOBS - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
BACON SKEWERS WITH BROWN SUGAR GLAZE ⋆ SPRINKLE SOME FUN
SWEET AND SPICY BACON KEBABS WITH SCALLION-GINGER RELISH RECIPE
You'll also love