QUICK SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP
- Heat a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion in vegetable oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in broth, carrots, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until carrots are fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash 1 1/2 to 2 cups of beans in a small bowl. Stir whole and mashed beans into the broth. Add corn. Cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve soup over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276.6 calories, Carbohydrate 50.3 g, Cholesterol 4.5 mg, Fat 3.2 g, Fiber 13.6 g, Protein 13.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 1507.5 mg, Sugar 5 g
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP
- In an eight quart stock pot, add rinsed black beans, water, ham, onion, celery, carrots, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, garlic powder, parsley, salt, celery salt, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon cubes, bay leaf, pepper, mustard, cayenne pepper, oregano and thyme. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours. Discard bay leave and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.4 calories, Carbohydrate 39.5 g, Cholesterol 29.9 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 9 g, Protein 20.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 1736 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
EASY SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP
- In a large heavy pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and peppers and cook until tender about 5-8 minutes. Stir in spices and toss to coat vegetables. Pour in stock and beans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. In a blender, puree half of the soup until smooth and stir back into soup pot. Serve hot with garnishes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343 calorie, Fat 12 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 11 milligrams, Sodium 1069 milligrams, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 17 grams, Sugar 11 grams
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH POACHED EGGS
- Heat the oil in a large high-sided skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the chipotle pepper, chili powder and ground cumin and cook, stirring, for an additional 30 seconds. Add the vegetable broth, black beans and diced tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the lime zest and juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a spoon to create 4 small wells in the soup. Crack each egg into a small bowl and carefully drop one egg into each of the wells. Cover and cook until the eggs are set to your liking, about 5 minutes. Top with the fresh cilantro and scoop 1 egg into each of 4 bowls, then divide the rest of the soup among the bowls and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336, Fat 10 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 186 milligrams, Sodium 764 milligrams, Carbohydrate 43 grams, Fiber 13 grams, Protein 19 grams, Sugar 8 grams
SPICY BLACK-BEAN SOUP
- Heat oil in a 4-to 5-quart heavy pot over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then sauté onion, garlic, and jalapeño with chili powder, cumin, oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until onion is beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add beans, water, and bay leaf and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until soup has thickened slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer about 2 cups soup to a blender and purée (use caution when blending hot liquids). Return to pot and reheat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Discard bay leaf. Season with salt.
BEEZIE'S BLACK BEAN SOUP
This soup has gained rave reviews from my non-veggie friends and family! It's bursting with healthy goodness, never mind that it tastes so wonderfully yummy! The soup loves to change, if you're cleaning out your refrigerator, be creative...
Provided by Beezie
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, place the beans in three times their volume of water. Bring to a boil, and let boil 10 minutes. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 1 hour. Drain, and rinse.
- In a slow cooker, combine soaked beans and 1 1/2 quarts fresh water. Cover, and cook for 3 hours on High.
- Stir in carrot, celery, onion, garlic, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper, lentils, and tomatoes. Season with chili powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper, red wine vinegar, and salt. Cook on Low for 2 to 3 hours. Stir the rice into the slow cooker in the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Puree about half of the soup with a blender or food processor, then pour back into the pot before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231.2 calories, Carbohydrate 43.4 g, Fat 1.2 g, Fiber 12.3 g, Protein 12.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 851.2 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
SPICY BLACK AND RED BEAN SOUP
Simple to prepare! Throw it in your crock pot in the morning, and it will be done when you get home from work! I use fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth, and no-salt-added diced tomatoes.
Provided by Chelsea
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, carrot, and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Stir in broth, sugar, corn, beans, tomatoes, and chilies; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours.
- This soup can also be prepared in a crock pot. Combine everything in the pot, and cook on HIGH for the first hour. Turn the temperature down to LOW, and cook 7 more hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172.4 calories, Carbohydrate 29.9 g, Fat 2.5 g, Fiber 7.9 g, Protein 8.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 774.7 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, green chilies, garlic, jalapeño, and cumin. Sauté until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add beans with juices and broth. Bring soup to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Puree 3 cups soup in batches in blender. Return puree to same pot. Mix in 6 tablespoons cilantro. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with dollop of sour cream and tortilla chips. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro.
SPICY BLACK BEAN VEGETABLE SOUP
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, and carrots, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock, 1 can of the beans, corn, and pepper; bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, puree together tomatoes and remaining can of beans; add to pot. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164.5 calories, Carbohydrate 26.9 g, Fat 3.4 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 7.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 683.4 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
More about "spicy black bean soup with poached eggs recipes"
COSTA RICAN BLACK BEAN SOUP | VEGETABLE RECIPES | JAMIE …
Servings 4Total Time 1 hrCategory Store Cupboard RecipesCalories 521 per serving
- Pick the coriander leaves, then finely chop the stalks.Drizzle a lug of olive oil in a large saucepan and place over a medium-low heat.
- Add two-thirds of the chopped onion, garlic, celery, coriander stalks and peppers to the pan, then pick in the thyme leaves.
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE WITH HAM AND GARLIC
3.8/5 (12)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory Lunch, Appetizer, Entree, SoupCalories 419 per serving
10 BEST BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH CANNED BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP (20 MIN, VEGAN) – HURRY THE FOOD UP
4.7/5 (46)Total Time 20 minsCategory SoupCalories 442 per serving
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP [VEGAN!] - MIDWEST FOODIE
5/5 (5)Calories 321 per servingCategory Main Dish
- Add onion, green pepper and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chiles in adobo, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, black beans, corn, tomatoes, vegetable juice, vegetable broth and rice.
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
4.9/5 (458)Calories 342 per servingCategory Soup
BLACK BEANS & CORN WITH POACHED EGGS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 30 minsCalories 284 per serving
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE | THE NEELYS | FOOD NETWORK
Author The NeelysSteps 4Difficulty Easy
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP - BBC GOOD FOOD | RECIPES AND ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 minsServings 4
BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH POACHED EGG - LETTY'S KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory Breakfast, Brunch, DinnerCalories 309 per serving
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH POACHED EGGS (WITH THE DOMESTIC ...
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH POACHED EGGS (WITH THE DOMESTIC ...
BLACK BEAN MEALS FOR SUPPER - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH POACHED EGGS | RECIPE | BEAN ...
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH POACHED EGGS – RECIPES NETWORK
FN DISH - EASY RECIPES, HEALTHY EATING IDEAS AND CHEF ...
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH POACHED EGGS | RECIPE IN 2021 ...
10 BEST SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP VEGETARIAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
16 BEST BLACK BEANS RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make spicy black bean soup?Quick and spicy black bean soup. Heat a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion in vegetable oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in broth, carrots, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until carrots are fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
How do you poach eggs in soup?Leave the eggs to poach in the soup for 5 minutes, or until the whites are cooked but the yolk is still a bit runny. While they’re poaching, make a salsa. Finely chop the coriander leaves and add to a bowl with the remaining chopped onion, the red wine vinegar and a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mix well.
How do you make bean soup with beans?This soup can be served as is or run through the blender for a creamy version. You can adjust the spice to cool it down. Drain black beans, and rinse. Combine beans, jalapenos, and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Season with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Cook on High for 4 hours.
How do you cook with black beans?Add half of the chilli and gently sauté the veggies for 15 minutes, or until softened but not coloured. Tip in both tins of black beans with their liquid, followed by the bay leaves and 400ml of boiling water. Turn up the heat and bring to the boil. Season, reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until thickened and creamy.