SPICY BLACK BEANS
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, salt, chile powder and cayenne and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chiles, beans and broth and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans have softened and the sauce has thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with cilantro leaves and Cotija.
SPICY BLACK BEANS
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and red-pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add black beans and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Add more water for a thinner consistency, if necessary. Season with coarse salt, and garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.
ROBIN'S SWEET AND SPICY BLACK BEANS
- Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook about 2 minutes; then stir in garlic, and cook until onion is soft and translucent. Stir in tomatoes, cilantro, and sugar. Season with cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, and ground cinnamon. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir in black beans, and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 1 hour or longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100.1 calories, Carbohydrate 17 g, Fat 3.7 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 412.9 mg, Sugar 10.3 g
SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS
They are spicy, but you can control the level to your taste, depending on which and how much chili to include. From Simply Recipes blog.
Provided by annh53182
Categories Black Beans
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Prepare the beans. Rinse and sort the beans, discarding any stones or shriveled beans. You can soak the beans overnight in cold water (cover with several inches of water) OR pour enough boiling water over them to cover by a few inches and soak them for an hour OR skip the pre-soaking step. Soaking will speed up the cooking process. If you soak, discard the soaking liquid after soaking.
- Add beans to a large pot with 2 1/2 quarts (10 cups) of water. Add oregano, bay leaves, and sage. Bring the beans to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the beans are soft, but not quite done. The time will vary depending on how large, dry, or old your beans are, and if you have pre-soaked them, from anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half.
- While the beans are cooking, sauté onions and peppers in olive oil until soft. Add chili sauce, chili powder, and/or chili purée, cumin, and garlic. Sauté until spices are fragrant.
- Fish out and discard the bay leaves, stems of oregano, and sage leaves from the pot of beans. Remove, but reserve, extra cooking liquid until there is about 1/2-inch of liquid above beans.
- Add the onion mixture and salt to the pot of beans. Cook another hour or so until thickened. Add reserved liquid if needed.
- Add half of the orange juice, and simmer. Adjust chili heat at this point - you may or may not want to add more of your chili paste. Just before serving, add remaining orange juice, lime juice, and vinegar. Salt to taste. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve with corn tortillas, and/or rice, sour cream, and salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 426.3, Fat 8.4, SaturatedFat 1.3, Sodium 618.3, Carbohydrate 68.7, Fiber 15.9, Sugar 6.6, Protein 22
PLANTAINS WITH SPICY BLACK BEANS
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until golden, about 5 minutes. Add beans, vegetable stock, cumin, coriander seeds, and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 15 minutes, or until aromatic.
- Meanwhile, slice each plantain in half lengthwise, and peel off skin. Heat enough oil for frying in large skillet. Fry plantain halves until golden on one side, turn over, and continue frying until golden. Remove from heat and place on paper towels to absorb extra oil.
- To serve, place plantain halves on each plate. Spoon beans over plantains, or, alternatively, place scoop on the side. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons of salsa, 2 tablespoons of sour cream, and sprinkling of cilantro.
- *You can heat up this dish with a few dashes of hot sauce or some diced jalapeno chiles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 514.5, Fat 5.2, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 1013.3, Carbohydrate 110.1, Fiber 20.8, Sugar 34.9, Protein 16.6
More about "spicy citrusy black beans recipes"
SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS | SEL ET SUCRE
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4
16 BEST BLACK BEANS RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY …
SPICY BLACK BEANS RECIPE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
“SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS” FROM SIMPLY RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SIMPLY RECIPES’ SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS - DEBBIE KOENIG
SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
SPICY CITRUSY BLACK BEANS RECIPE - WOMENANKLEBOOTS
SPICY BLACK BEANS - BIGOVEN.COM
SPICY BLACK BEANS WITH CHEDDAR, GARLIC, AND CHIPOTLE
SPICY CITRUSY BLACK BEANS RECIPE : DOWNLOAD SIMPLE COOKING …
SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS RECIPE
SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS RECIPE - KEEPRECIPES
TOP 10 SPICES FOR BLACK BEANS BACKED BY TEN EASY AND ... - FOOD …
SPICY CITRUS BLACK BEANS - MY RECIPE MAGIC
SPICY REFRIED BLACK BEANS | RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
SPICY CITRUSY BLACK BEANS RECIPE - PIONEERWOMANBRUNCH
SPICY BLACK BEAN SAUCE - 3 VERSIONS (辣豆豉酱) - RED HOUSE SPICE
SPICY CITRUS BLACK BEANS RECIPE | YEPRECIPES
SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS RECIPE | SIMPLYRECIPES.COM | BEAN …
SIMPLY RECIPES’ SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS | PARENTS NEED TO EAT TOO
SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS RECIPE BY RIZWANA | GET BEST RECIPES …
SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS | RECIPE | RED CHILI SAUCE, BLACK BEANS, …
WORLD BEST SEA FOOD RECIPES: SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS
SPICY, CITRUSY BLACK BEANS - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
CITRUS BLACK BEANS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SPICY CITRUSY BLACK BEANS RECIPE – EPISODE +29 RECIPE DIRECTIONS
SPICY CITRUSY BLACK BEANS RECIPE : DOWNLOAD RECIPE DIRECTIONS
10 STUNNING SPICY BLACK BEAN RECIPES - 800 HOT SAUCE
SPICY CITRUSY BLACK BEANS RECIPE / SPICY CITRUSY BLACK BEANS | BEANS ...
SPICY BLACK BEANS IS A FLAVORFUL, EASY PANTRY RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook spicy black beans?This Spicy Black Beans Recipe turns an inexpensive bag of dried beans into a large bowl of super flavorful and creamy black beans. Makes a great side dish for any Mexican meal. Place black beans in a large bowl and cover with 2 inches of water. Let soak for 8 hours. Drain.
What do you do with black beans for dinner?These Spicy Black Beans will make a great side to any Mexican meal. They go great with quesadillas, tacos, and burritos! This Spicy Black Beans Recipe turns an inexpensive bag of dried beans into a large bowl of super flavorful and creamy black beans.
How to cook black beans in a crock pot?Add minced garlic and red-pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add black beans and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Add more water for a thinner consistency, if necessary. Season with coarse salt, and garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
How to cook black beans with tilapia?These beans are good alongside Cornmeal-Crusted Tilapia with Salsa. In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and red-pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add black beans and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.