CRISP & SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD
Rice vinegar, sesame oil and cayenne create a sweet-hot Asian flavor that will light up your taste buds! -Alivia Dockery, Jensen Beach, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, mix marinade ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour over vegetables; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or overnight., Serve with a slotted spoon. Top as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 51mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPICY ASIAN CUCUMBERS
- Place cucumbers into a colander, sprinkle with salt, and let drain at least 30 minutes. Shake off excess liquid but don't rinse the cucumbers.
- Whisk soy sauce, sugar, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, hot chili oil, and red pepper flakes in a salad bowl. Stir in cucumbers to coat with dressing. Chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75.2 calories, Carbohydrate 12 g, Fat 3.1 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 1393.1 mg, Sugar 6.8 g
SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD
- Wash cucumbers and pat dry. Pound them lightly all over with a kitchen mallet.
- Trim off the ends. Peel and cut cucumbers lengthwise into quarters.
- Cut or scrape away seeds.
- Cut each cucumber strip into 1 1/2-inch lengths. Trim corners of each piece to make them neater. Put pieces in a bowl and add remaining ingredients. Chill and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 40, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 662 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD
Cool yet fiery, this Asian-inspired cucumber salad is a barbecue must. It's also great with chicken
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dinner, Side dish, Starter, Vegetable
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthways and use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds. Slice cucumber into thick diagonal chunks. Tip it into a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar, vinegar and large pinch of salt. Leave for about 30 mins in the fridge. Meanwhile, tip the other salad ingredients into a bowl. Drain the cucumber and tip in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat a griddle pan or heavy-bottomed frying pan until hot, but not smoking. Rub the chicken with oil, season with salt and pepper and sear, skin-side down, for about 8 mins until the skin is crisp and brown and the chicken is practically cooked. Flip the chicken over and give it a few mins more on the flesh side to finish it off. Leave the chicken to rest, then slice each breast on an angle and serve with a pile of cucumber salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 5 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 33 grams protein, Sodium 2.17 milligram of sodium
SWEET SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD
- Place cucumbers, onion and minced jalapenos in a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture and toss well to coat.
- Chill at least 3 hours before serving.
SPICY KOREAN CUCUMBER SALAD
Spicy sliced cucumber banchan (side dish). I'm Korean so this is a mild to medium spicy, but if you are sensitive to spice, half the pepper paste and pepper powder, then add to taste.
Provided by Emily Han
Yield 25 cucumber slices, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Wash and slice cucumber into 1/4 - 1/8" pieces. Discard ends.
- Spread cucumber slices onto cutting board. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for at least 15 minutes. You should see water start to form on them.
- Meanwhile, mix all other ingredients well in a 1.5 Quart mixing bowl. (Use 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar for small to medium size cucumber, 3/4 for larger one).
- Press cucumber slices with paper towel or cheesecloth to remove water.
- Put cucumbers in bowl and stir so they become coated.
- Let marinate at least 1 hour before serving. Cucumbers may start to become a bit limp, but do not let them get soggy due to the vinegar.
- To store, place cucumbers in a plastic container with only a little liquid, and leave in the refrigerator.
- This recipe serves about 4 for banchan (side dish). Cooking time is marinating time. Add or subtract ingredients to taste. Try green onion or more garlic.
SPICY THAI CUCUMBER SALAD
This fresh salad from Dan Seidman of The Chef Dan incorporates thinly sliced cucumber, red onion and chili pepper with a dressing of rice wine vinegar, lime juice and sesame oil. Topped with roasted peanuts and bean sprouts.
Provided by Reynolds Kitchens(R)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine rice vinegar, sugar, and sesame oil in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to simmer for 2 minutes to allow the sugar to dissolve. Leave mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Add cucumber, onion and chili pepper to a mixing bowl and pour over the cooled vinegar solution. Stir to mix everything together. Tightly cover bowl with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper. Place peanuts on baking sheet and season with a generous pinch of salt. Roast for 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Remove the cucumber mixture from fridge and transfer to serving dish. Top with bean sprouts and roasted peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72.1 calories, Carbohydrate 8.4 g, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 124.1 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
CUCUMBER SALAD WITH SPICY ASIAN DRESSING
- Toss together all ingredients.
More about "spicy cucumber salad recipes"
SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD - THE FOODIE TAKES FLIGHT
Ratings 7Calories 79 per servingCategory Appetizer, Salad, Side Dish, Snacks
SPICY KOREAN CUCUMBER SALAD (OI MUCHIM) - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
10 DELIGHTFUL SPICY ASIAN CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPES - 800 HOT SAUCE
SPICY CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD - A SOUTHERN SOUL
SPICY CUCUMBER CRUNCH SALAD – MOMOFUKU GOODS
SUPER SUMMERY SPICY TOMATO-CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE | COOKING …
CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE (SPICY ASIAN STYLE) - FOODOLOGY GEEK
SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD WITH LIME GARLIC VINAIGRETTE
SWEET AND SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD - SIMPLY WHISKED
SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD | CANADIAN LIVING
TOP 10 CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
SPICY THAI CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE - ONE LITTLE PROJECT
OI MUCHIM (SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD) - KOREAN BAPSANG
SPICY SMASHED CUCUMBER SALAD (10 MINUTES) - TIFFY COOKS
GARLICKY & SPICY SICHUAN CUCUMBER SALAD - THE PASSPORT KITCHEN
SIMPLE & SPICY KOREAN CUCUMBER SALAD — ZESTFUL KITCHEN
ASIAN CUCUMBER SALAD - RASA MALAYSIA
QUICK AND SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD | CARIBBEAN GREEN LIVING
CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE WITH DILL - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SWEET AND SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD | METRO
SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD (CUCUMBER MUCHIM) - WHAT'S GABY COOKING
SWEET AND SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SPICY THAI CUCUMBER SALAD – CLOVER LEAF
EASY SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD - COOKING WITH LEI
CHINESE CUCUMBER SALAD: EASY & TASTY - THE WOKS OF LIFE
EASY SPICY CHINESE CUCUMBER SALAD | TABLE FOR TWO
SPICY CHINESE CUCUMBER SALAD (10-MINUTE RECIPE!) - KIRBIE'S …
5-MINUTE GARLIC CUCUMBER SALAD WITH ADDICTIVE SPICY SAUCE
SPICY ASIAN CUCUMBER SALAD - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD WITH PEANUTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SWEET AND SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SWEET AND SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS …
SPICY INDIAN CUCUMBER SALAD - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD – LAWSON LUNDELL'S HOLIDAY RECIPES
SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD - SONOMA HARVEST
SPICY TOMATO CUCUMBER SALAD - DAN-O'S SEASONING
11-MINUTE SPICY ASIAN CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE – BRING ON THE SPICE
SPICY PINEAPPLE CUCUMBER SALAD - BUDGET BYTES
SPICY CUCUMBER SALAD - ALL WAYS DELICIOUS
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #low-protein #sauces #salads #condiments-etc #side-dishes #vegetables #asian #thai #easy #no-cook #dietary #spicy #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #taste-mood #technique
You'll also love