MOROCCAN-SPICED CHICKEN SKEWERS
Amazing chicken skewers my mom used to make when I was younger. These are great fresh of the grill and even better reheated. I love to meal prep this and take with me to work.
Provided by VikingCook
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Whisk olive oil, 1/4 cup mint, cilantro, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, honey, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 cloves garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cayenne in a large bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade in a separate bowl.
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over chicken. Press air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade. Place in a bowl and refrigerate for 5 hours.
- Whisk yogurt, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup mint, 2 cloves garlic, lemon zest, and 1 teaspoon salt together in a bowl to make sauce. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Toss green bell peppers and red onion in the reserved 1/4 cup marinade. Remove chicken from the bag and discard all marinade. Thread chicken, peppers, and onion alternately onto skewers.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Arrange skewers on the grill. Close lid and cook, turning once or twice, until chicken is firm to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from grill and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with cold sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496 calories, Carbohydrate 17.1 g, Cholesterol 119.4 mg, Fat 28.5 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 42.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.2 g, Sodium 1355.5 mg, Sugar 10.3 g
SPICY MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS
A delicious kebab served over couscous with a dollop of Greek yogurt on the side. Recipe is from Cooking Light. Prep time does not include marinating time.
Provided by DailyInspiration
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir in 1/8 teaspoons salt. Scrap mixture into a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours; turning after 1 hour.
- Immerse 12 (8-inch) wooden skewers in water; soak for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry,.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 3 chicken pieces, 1 pepper slice, and 1 tomato alternately onto each skewer, beginning and ending with chicken; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt. Arrange skewers on grill rack, coated with cooking spray, grill 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with yogurt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.1, Fat 21.4, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 79, Sodium 348.6, Carbohydrate 4.9, Fiber 1, Sugar 1.4, Protein 17.2
MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH HERB SAUCE
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- For the Chicken:
- Combine all of the spices, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add the cubed chicken and toss to coat. Put the chicken on the skewers and lay on the grill. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, turning often so that the spices don't burn, about 10 to 12 minutes. Arrange on a serving platter and serve with the Herb Sauce.
- For the Herb Sauce:
- Add the fresh herbs, spices, salt, lime juice, and honey to a blender carafe. Blend to combine and with the motor running, slowly add the olive oil. Once combined, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary, and transfer to a serving bowl.
Pair this Moroccan-spiced chicken from the February 2009 issue of Martha Stewart Living with Olive, Apricot, and Pistachio Couscous for a mouthwatering meal the whole family will enjoy.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place a rimmed baking sheet on the center rack of oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix spices, 2 teaspoons salt, 3/4 teaspoon pepper, and the oil in a small bowl. Rub spice paste all over chicken.
- Carefully arrange chicken in a single layer on hot sheet, and arrange lemon wedges around chicken. Bake until chicken registers 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer and juices run clear, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and serve with pan juices and roasted lemon wedges on the side.
SPICY MOROCCAN CHICKEN
This high-protein, easy-to-make stew bursts with flavor and antioxidants. 431 Calories, 31 grams of protein, 45 Carbs, 15g of fat, 2g saturated fat, 7g fiber. From USA Weekend.
Provided by BurtonFanatic
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a shallow bowl, combine 2 tsp cinnamon, cumin and coriander, plus cayenne pepper and salt. Dredge chicken in spices.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; sauté until browned, turning once. Remove chicken.
- Add onion to skillet, sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and broth; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and the chicken. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Serve in bowls with whole-wheat pitas.
More about "spicy moroccan chicken skewers recipes"
SPICY MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWER - PETPUJO AND ADDA BY SIMON
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
MOROCCAN SPICED CHICKEN SKEWERS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
5/5 (31)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Appetizer, Main CourseCalories 276 per serving
SPICY MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (14)Total Time 2 hrs 9 minsServings 4Calories 204 per serving
MOROCCAN CHICKEN FLATBREADS - HUNGRY HEALTHY HAPPY
MOROCCAN GRILLED CHICKEN KABOBS - CLOSET COOKING
MOROCCAN CHICKEN KEBABS – THE TABLE OF SPICE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN RECIPE (SPICY CHICKEN STEW) - KYLEE COOKS
MOROCCAN-SPICED CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH CHICKPEA AND TOMATO …
MOROCCAN SPICED GRILLED CHICKEN KEBAB RECIPE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS - WHAT'S GABY COOKING
MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
ULTIMATE CHICKEN SKEWERS (MOROCCAN MARINADE) - VEENA AZMANOV
MOROCCAN SPICED CHICKEN SKEWER PITAS - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
SPICY MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS - I CAN COOK THAT
GRILLED MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS - KILLING THYME
BEST MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MOROCCAN …
SPICY MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS | MYRECIPES.COM | FRESH TOMATO …
108 - MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS - COOKING WITH ALIA
MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH CAULIFLOWER COUSCOUS
MOROCCAN-SPICED CHICKEN SKEWERS - WAITROSE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH LEMONY FETA TZATZIKI
MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH GREEN SAUCE - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
MOROCCAN LEMON-HERB CHICKEN SKEWERS - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
SPICY MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS — YOUR BEAUTIFUL LIFE
TANDOORI CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH MANGO SALSA: SPICY BRAIN FOOD …
MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS | CANADIAN LIVING
MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH HERB SAUCE — SAVORY SPICE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN FRUITY SKEWERS | RECIPE
CHICKEN SKEWERS IN THE OVEN - MORIBYAN
SPICY CHICKEN SKEWERS RECIPE
SPICY MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS RECIPE | RECIPE | FRESH TOMATO …
SPICY MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS - MEALGARDEN.COM
SPICY MOROCCAN CHICKEN KEBABS - WHATS4CHOW
BEST MOROCCAN GINGER-LEMON CHICKEN SKEWERS RECIPE - HOW TO …
GRILLED MOROCCAN CHICKEN BROUCHETTES SKEWERS :: THE MEATWAVE
MOROCCAN-SPICED GRILLED CHICKEN SKEWERS - DASH OF JAZZ
SPICY MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS RECIPE | RECIPE | GRILLED CHICKEN ...
EASY MOROCCAN GRILLED-CHICKEN SKEWERS - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
SPANISH CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH YOGURT SAUCE
SPICY MOROCCAN CHICKEN SKEWERS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #preparation #easy #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Moroccan Chicken Skewers on the grill?Moroccan Chicken Skewers. Prepare grill over medium-high heat. Thread chicken pieces on skewers, dividing equally. Discard marinade in bowl. Sprinkle each skewer with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until golden brown and cooked through, turning skewers occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes total. Transfer skewers to platter.
What are the flavors of Moroccan Chicken Skewers?The flavors of lemon, garlic and ginger in these Moroccan chicken skewers are amazing! And that pretty green sauce? Well, it might be my favorite part of the whole recipe: bright, fresh, YUMMY!
What are juicy chicken skewers?Juicy chicken skewers that are "grilled" in the oven to perfection! The marinade is inspired by Moroccan chermoula which is typically made from garlic and fresh herbs like cilantro and parsley and spiced with cumin and paprika. They're so easy to make with no hassle of going outside to grill on the BBQ and no one will ever know.
How to cook bamboo chicken skewers?Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes at least. Pro tip - Soaking the skewers in water will prevent them from burning on the grill so do not skip this step. Marinade - Place all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces. Cover and set aside to marinate for an hour on the counter or up to 12 hours in the fridge.