SPICY SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK
- Heat oil in lg skillet on med-hi heat.
- Add onions and stir cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger,cook 2 minutes.
- Add next 5 spices, cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes,cook 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk,water, and salt, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until thickened 5-10 minutes.
- Add shrimp, simmer, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.
SHRIMP IN SPICY COCONUT MILK
This shrimp dish is fantastic! I keep taking small 'tastes' of the sauce. Salt has been adjusted because of previous typo.
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- For paste: To a food processor with motor running, add paste ingredients, one at a time, through feed tube, and puree mixture to a paste.
- Shell shrimp, leaving tail segment intact, and devein.
- In a colander, rinse shrimp and drain well.
- Heat a large skillet over moderately low heat until hot.
- Cook paste in oil, stirring until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened.
- Stir in coconut milk, brown sugar and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp and lime juice and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve shrimp with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.5, Fat 17.9, SaturatedFat 11.6, Cholesterol 259.2, Sodium 848.8, Carbohydrate 16, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 6.9, Protein 37.2
SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK
- Place the shrimp shells in a saucepan, along with the thyme, bay leaves and peppercorns. Add 3 cups of water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until reduced by a third, about 30 minutes. Strain the liquid (you should have about 1 cup) and discard the shells.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion, scallions, salt and pepper and saute until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, tomatoes, aji and reserved shrimp stock and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk, shrimp, lime juice and peas, and cook until the shrimp are pink and just cooked, turning the shrimp once as they cook, about 3 minutes. Serve over white rice.
SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK
- Prepare the shrimps by cutting the head, legs, and tails. Devein by cutting the back and removing the dark string. Wash and set aside.
- Preheat oil on a pan at medium heat, sauté onions and garlic for a minute. Add salt and pepper to taste and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk and add in the shrimps. Cook both sides for 5 minutes. Or flipping each shrimp one it turns pink. Take the shrimp out once it turns pink. Set this aside for later.
- Simmer the coconut milk sauce for 5 minutes, add the shrimps back and mix well. Add the chilies and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts :
SPICY SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK
- TOSS shrimp and chili sauce in medium bowl. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- BRING stock to boil in large skillet or wok on high heat. Add tomatoes, kaffir lime leaves, lemon juice and sugar. Reduce heat to low; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in coconut milk; simmer 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Season to taste with additional lemon juice or sugar. Or, add fish sauce to balance flavors. Remove kaffir lime leaves before serving.
- GARNISH with green onions, if desired. Serve with cooked jasmine rice, if desired.
SHRIMP IN SPICY COCONUT SAUCE
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the garlic until fragrant. Stir in coconut milk, chicken broth, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce. Bring to boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and return to a simmer without boiling. Add cooked shrimp and heat through. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
SPICY COCONUT SHRIMP WITH QUINOA
Help yourself to a plate full-generous servings are still lower in calories and big on protein. If you have company, you can add a salad and call it a day. -Keri Whitney, Castro Valley, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large saucepan, combine quinoa, water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork., Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in ginger, curry powder, cumin, salt and cayenne; cook 1 minute longer., Add shrimp and snow peas to skillet; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and snow peas are crisp-tender. Stir in coconut milk and orange juice; heat through. Serve with quinoa; top each serving with coconut and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 138mg cholesterol, Sodium 451mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
You can make this gingery, lightly sweet shrimp stew as tangy and spicy as you like by adjusting the amounts of chile and lime juice. Using full-fat coconut milk gives you the richest and most flavorful dish. But light coconut milk will also work, resulting in something brothier and more souplike. Be sure not to overcook the shrimp. As soon as they turn pink, they're done.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, seafood, main course
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat sesame oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Stir in shallots, jalapeño and a large pinch of salt, and cook until starting to brown, about 6 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute longer.
- Stir in coconut milk, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Stir in shrimp, lime zest, lime juice, sugar and fish sauce. Continue to simmer until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Taste and add more lime juice, salt or fish sauce, or all three, if needed.
- Serve over rice, with remaining cilantro and lime wedges on the side.
SHRIMP WITH SPICED MASALA AND COCONUT MILK
- For masala:
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions; sauté until deep golden, about 20 minutes. Add garlic and all spices; stir 1 minute. Cool to lukewarm. Puree tomatoes with juices and yogurt in processor until almost smooth. Add onion mixture; puree until almost smooth. Season masala to taste with salt and pepper. (Masala can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- For shrimp:
- Heat oil in heavy large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté until partially cooked, about 2 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, cilantro, green onions, lemon juice, and prepared masala. Simmer until shrimp are opaque in center, about 3 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
SPICY COCONUT AND LIME GRILLED SHRIMP
- Combine the jalapeno, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, coconut, olive oil, and soy sauce in a food processor; blend until smooth. Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and allow to marinate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers, piercing each shrimp near the head and tail.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning frequently until nicely browned on all sides and the meat is no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.2 calories, Carbohydrate 4.8 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 13.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 747 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
More about "spicy shrimp in coconut milk recipes"
SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK RECIPE - QUICK FROM SCRATCH …
5/5 Category ShrimpServings 4
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, water, and salt and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and cook at a low boil, stirring frequently, until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the pan. Reduce the heat to low and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are just done, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Serve with the lime wedges.
QUICK & EASY COCONUT MILK SHRIMP - LITTLE BROKEN
THAI-STYLE SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK - RECIPESNOW!
COCONUT PASTA SAUCE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
10 BEST SHRIMP SAUTEED IN COCONUT OIL RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY SHRIMP IN COCONUT CREAM | CTV NEWS
SPICY SHRIMP CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK - TECH CURRY AND CO
SPICY SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | SHRIMP …
RECIPE SPICY COCONUT SHRIMP - GRACE
SPICY SHRIMP WITH COCONUT MILK GRITS | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
SPICY SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK - BIGOVEN.COM
SPICY COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP (READY IN 20 MINUTES) - KITCHEN
7 CRISPY COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SAUCY GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP WITH COCONUT MILK AND RICE NOODLES.
SPICY SAUTéED SHRIMP WITH COCONUT MILK RICE - ON FOOD AND FILM
SPICY COCONUT SHRIMP - SEASONED BY SILVIE
SPICY COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY COCONUT SHRIMP
GARLIC SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK, TOMATOES AND CILANTRO
SPICY SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPICY COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPE - SASHA MARTIN | FOOD & WINE
SPICY SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SPICY SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SPICY SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK - RECIPE PAIR
SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK - INDIAN RECIPES - SHELLFISH RECIPES - DELISH
RECIPES FOR SPICY SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK
SPICY SHRIMP IN COCONUT SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
15-MINUTE SPICY SHRIMP - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
SRIRACHA SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK SAUCE. | ISLAND SMILE
BEST COCONUT SHRIMP WITH SPICY HONEY RECIPE - DELISH
SPICY SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK RECIPE | WOV APP
SHRIMP CURRY COCONUT MILK | NONSPICY EASY SOUTH INDIAN CURRY
GRILLED SHRIMP IN A SPICY COCONUT MILK BROTH - THE ORIGINAL DISH
10 BEST PINEAPPLE SHRIMP COCONUT MILK RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY SHRIMP IN COCONUT MILK | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE …
#curries #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #very-low-carbs #main-dish #condiments-etc #fruit #rice #seafood #asian #indian #thai #easy #european #dinner-party #holiday-event #romantic #nuts #shrimp #stove-top #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #wedding #valentines-day #low-in-something #coconut #pasta-rice-and-grains #shellfish #taste-mood #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook shrimp with coconut milk?Stir in the coconut milk, shrimp, lime juice and peas, and cook until the shrimp are pink and just cooked, turning the shrimp once as they cook, about 3 minutes. Serve over white rice. Looking for Something Else?
What is your best Shrimp curry recipe?Heat oil in lg skillet on med-hi heat. Add onions and stir cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger,cook 2 minutes. Add next 5 spices, cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes,cook 1 minute. Add coconut milk,water, and salt, and bring to a simmer. Simmer until thickened 5-10 minutes. Add shrimp, simmer, stirring for 5 minutes.
How do you cook raw prawns in coconut milk?Mix in the tomato paste, chopped red pepper, and coconut milk. Let simmer on medium low for eight to 10 minutes, add the shrimp and cook until they turn opaque, five to seven minutes. Squeeze lime juice over the prawns, stir in the fresh cilantro, basil and salt.
What are some good recipes for shrimp boil?Directions. Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion, scallions, salt and pepper and saute until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, tomatoes, aji and reserved shrimp stock and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk, shrimp, lime juice and peas,...