CREAMY SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9- by 13- by 1-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Set aside.
- For the vegetables: In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the mushrooms, onions, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft and any liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- For the sauce: In a heavy-bottomed 5-quart saucepan, bring the cream, milk and flour to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly for 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low. Add the Pecorino and the mozzarella. Whisk until the cheeses have melted and the sauce is smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the spinach, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the sauce and stir to combine. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut the Fresh Pasta dough in quarters and press flat. Run each piece of pasta dough several times through a pasta-rolling machine adjusting the setting each time until the pasta is about 1/16-inch thick. Cut the pasta into six 12- by 4-inch rectangles (reserve any pasta trimmings for another use). The pasta dough can also be rolled out by hand. Cut the chilled dough into quarters and using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until 1/8 to 1/16-inch thick.
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange 2 sheets of pasta on top in a single layer. Spread 2 cups of the sauce over the pasta sheets. Repeat the layers with the remaining pasta sheets and sauce, ending with the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until the filling is bubbling and the top is golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
- Place the cake flour, all-purpose flour, egg yolks and salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine. With the machine running, gradually add the oil then 1/3 to 1/2 cup water until the mixture forms a dough (the dough should stick together if pinched between your fingers). If necessary, add additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time if the dough is too dry.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Gather the dough into a ball and knead until the dough is smooth, 5 to 8 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
HEALTHIER SPINACH LASAGNA WITH MUSHROOMS
We love this spinach and mushroom lasagna. This keeps incredibly well - it might even be better the next day. To keep things easy, we take advantage of no-boil lasagna noodles. While we were skeptical to use them at first, we've fallen in love with the ease and final texture of the noodles.
Provided by Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Yield Makes 8 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 350º F. Lightly oil a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until onions become translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, spinach leaves and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook, stirring as needed, until the spinach is bright green and wilted. (Don't worry about the amount of spinach, it may look like a lot now, but as it cooks, it wilts down considerably. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may want to add the spinach in batches).
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, eggs, a 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper until well blended.
- Spread 1 cup of marinara sauce over the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange three noodles lengthwise and side-by-side to cover the bottom.
- Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle with a third of the parmesan cheese and a third of the mozzarella cheese. Add half of the spinach mixture and dollop about a 1/2 cup of marinara sauce over the spinach.
- Add a second layer of noodles then repeat with remaining cheese, spinach and another 1/2 cup of sauce. Finish with a third layer of noodles and top with remaining sauce, parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Loosely cover lasagna with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes, uncover then bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and browned around the edges. For a cheesy golden brown top, slide the lasagna uncovered, under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396, Protein 24 g, Carbohydrate 42 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 7 g, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Cholesterol 80 mg
VEGETARIAN SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA
This vegetarian lasagna recipe is made with meaty shiitake and crimini mushrooms, spinach, and ricotta and mozzarella cheeses. It feeds a crowd and will satisfy both vegetarian and meat-eaters!
Provided by Elise Bauer
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat the oven and prep the pan: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the one cup of reserved tomato sauce over the bottom of a large (preferably 10- x 15-inch) casserole dish. (If your casserole dish is smaller, you may need to add another layer as you go through this step.)
- Cover with foil and bake: Pull out a sheet of aluminum foil large enough to cover the casserole dish. Spread a little olive oil over the inside of the piece of foil (the side that will have contact with the lasagna). Place the foil over the casserole dish and crimp the edges. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake uncovered for an additional 25 minutes. Take the lasagna out of the oven when done and let it rest 10 minutes before cutting to serve. Once made, the lasagna will last a week in the fridge.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473 kcal, Carbohydrate 43 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fiber 7 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 1022 mg, Sugar 13 g, Fat 23 g, ServingSize Serves 8-10, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In medium sauce pan saute onion in olive oil until soft. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add salt, pepper and tomatoes and simmer for 15-20 mins. In separate bowl combine ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, basil, egg, salt and pepper. In a 13x9 pan spread a thin layer of sauce. Create a layer of 3 noodles, then 1/3 of ricotta mixture, then 1/3 of spinach and mushrooms, then 1/2 cup mozzarella and layer of sauce. Repeat 2 more times. Top with remaining sauce, mozzarella and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Spray a large sheet of foil with nonstick cooking spray and cover lasagna. Bake 15 minutes, then remove foil. Return lasagna to oven and continue to bake until cheese is spotty brown and sauce is bubbling, about 25 minutes longer. Cool lasagna about 10 minutes; cut into pieces and serve.
QUICK MUSHROOM & SPINACH LASAGNE
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Add the mushrooms and thyme, then cook for 3 mins until they start to soften. Throw in the spinach and stir until the heat of the pan wilts the leaves. Remove from the heat and stir in the soft cheese, 1 tbsp of the Parmesan and some seasoning.
- Put a quarter of the spinach mix on the bottom of a medium-sized baking dish, lay 2 pasta sheets on top, then repeat until you have used all the pasta. Finish with the final quarter of the spinach mix, sprinkle over the rest of the Parmesan, then bake for 35 mins until golden and the pasta is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 25 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 16 grams protein, Sodium 1.15 milligram of sodium
WILD MUSHROOM AND SPINACH LASAGNA
- Wash spinach leaves well in three changes of cold water; shake dry. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large pan over medium heat. Add half the garlic; saute until light golden, about 2 minutes. Add half the spinach leaves, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain spinach in a colander. Repeat with another tablespoon butter and remaining garlic and spinach. When spinach is cool enough to handle, squeeze to rid it of liquid. Roughly chop spinach; place in medium bowl. Add ricotta, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add a third of the mushrooms; season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Saute until mushrooms are softened and browned, about 10 minutes. Deglaze skillet by pouring 1/4 cup Madeira into hot skillet with mushrooms and using a wooden spoon to loosen bits cooked onto skillet. Cook mushrooms until liquid has almost evaporated. Transfer cooked mushrooms to medium bowl. Repeat with another 2 tablespoons of butter, another third of the mushrooms, and 1/4 cup Madeira. (Reserve the final third of mushrooms and Madiera for topping.) Add two-thirds of the chopped parsley to bowl with cooked mushrooms; stir.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat 4 cups milk. Melt 8 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. When butter bubbles, add flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Slowly add warmed milk; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture bubbles and becomes thick. Remove pan from heat. Stir in 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the nutmeg, and 1/2 cup grated cheese.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside 1/2 cup sauce. Assemble lasagna: Spread 1/2 cup sauce in bottom of 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Place layer of lasagna sheets in pan, trimming to fit; spread 1 cup spinach mixture, 1 cup mushroom mixture, and 1/2 cup sauce on top of lasagna sheets. Repeat layers several times. For last layer, place a layer of lasagna sheets on top; spread 1/2 cup sauce over lasagna sheets. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup grated cheese. Bake lasagna until top is golden brown, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add remaining third of the uncooked mushrooms; season with the remaining teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook until golden and tender, about 10 minutes. Deglaze skillet, with mushrooms in it, with the remaining 1/4 cup Madeira. Stir in the remaining third of fresh parsley.
- In a small saucepan, combine reserved 1/2 cup sauce with remaining 1/2 cup milk. Over medium heat, whisk until warm and smooth. Spoon cooked mushrooms over each serving, or serve on the side. Serve lasagna with warmed sauce.
CREAMY SPINACH MUSHROOM LASAGNA
This is a very rich, very tasty lasagna for when you're feeling like indulging. An "oh my goodness" with much rolling of eyes and moaning with pleasure kind of lasagna. :) You might want to serve it in smallish pieces so that people can eat it, love it, and still have room for seconds. I wanted a rich lasagna when I created the recipe, and that's how it came out - I'm very pleased with it!
Provided by Julesong
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions; drain, rinse immediately with cold water and then drain again; toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoon butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat; add the mushrooms and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the green onions, shallots, and garlic, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the drained, chopped spinach, white pepper, and salt, stir well and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mushroom/spinach mixture to a bowl and set aside (do not rinse out this pan - we're going to use it again in the upcoming steps).
- Over medium heat melt the remaining butter in the previously-used saucepan; add the flour and cook, stirring constantly to keep it from browning.
- Gradually add the chicken or vegetable broth, cream, and vermouth; cook, stirring occasionally, until smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- As soon as sauce begins to boil, remove it from the heat and season with thyme and basil.
- Combine the shredded cheeses together until well mixed.
- Butter, oil, or lightly spray the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Pour the half-and-half into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Lay 4 cooked noodles in a single layer in the pan.
- Layer with 1/3 each of the mushroom/spinach mixture and shredded cheeses, then coat with 1/3 of the sauce.
- Repeat the process twice, ending with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan (if using).
- Cover the pan with foil and bake at 350F for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes before serving.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings.
SIMPLE MUSHROOM AND SPINACH LASAGNA
Originally from a Company's Coming Pasta cookbook by Jean Pare, this version is many adaptations later. A family favourite for birthdays and other gatherings. I use Italian strained tomatoes (passata) for the tomato sauce.
Provided by Lille
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9 by 13" pan with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan. Saute mushrooms until soft. Add spinach, heat through. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, cottage cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, mix tomato sauce, garlic, basil and oregano.
- Assemble as follows:.
- Spread some tomato sauce in pan.
- Layer of noodles.
- Half of the mushroom and spinach mixture.
- Half of the cream cheese.
- Half of the tomato sauce.
- Layer of noodles.
- Remainder of mushrooms.
- Remainder of cream cheese.
- Remainder of tomato sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.5, Fat 23.8, SaturatedFat 14.5, Cholesterol 73.6, Sodium 1023, Carbohydrate 11.7, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 4.4, Protein 23.2
LASAGNA WITH SPINACH AND WILD MUSHROOMS
Mushrooms enrich this classic spinach lasagna, a family favorite and a great do ahead dish. I like juicy wild mushrooms like maitakes or oyster mushrooms for this. I also prefer bunch spinach to the baby variety, because baby spinach can be a bit stringy when you cook it (however you will be chopping it and blending it into the ricotta here so perhaps that isn't such an issue). Before you begin to assemble your lasagna it helps to be organized about the quantities of each element that you will need for the layers. It is very frustrating to get to the last layer of your casserole and not have enough sauce for the top.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, pastas, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat and add the wet spinach. Wilt in the water left on the leaves, stirring until all of the spinach has collapsed in the pan. Transfer to a bowl of cold water, then drain and squeeze out excess water, taking up spinach by the handful. Chop fine and season with a little bit of salt. Set aside. (Alternatively, blanch for 20 seconds in salted boiling water).
- Clean and dry skillet and heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat. Add mushrooms. Let sear without moving for about 30 seconds, then toss and stir in the pan until they begin to sweat, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn heat to medium and add minced garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook over medium heat until mushrooms are soft, 3 to 5 more minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. Remove from heat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a rectangular baking dish. Blend ricotta cheese with egg, water, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in spinach.
- Spread a small spoonful of marinara sauce in a thin layer over the bottom of the baking dish. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles. Top the noodles with a thin layer of ricotta. Spoon on a few dollops then spread it with an offset or rubber spatula. Top ricotta with half the mushrooms, then top with a layer of marinara sauce and a layer of Parmesan. Repeat layers, then add a final layer of lasagna noodles topped with marinara sauce and Parmesan. Drizzle on remaining olive oil.
- Cover baking dish tightly with foil and place in the oven. Bake 40 minutes, until noodles are tender and mixture is bubbling. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 408, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 22 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 817 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MUSHROOM LASAGNA WITH HOT SAUSAGE AND SPINACH
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 10x15-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Slice sausage links.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir sausage and onions in the hot skillet until sausage is browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until soft and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain excess grease.
- Place spinach in a medium bowl. Microwave, uncovered, for 3 1/2 minutes. Pour in ricotta cheese and beaten egg. Stir well until blended.
- Combine Alfredo sauce and milk in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup sauce evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Place 3 uncooked noodles over sauce. Spread 1/2 of the spinach mixture over the noodles followed by 1/2 of the sausage mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Place 3 more noodles on top and pour 1 1/2 cups sauce over noodles. Spread remaining spinach mixture over top of noodles followed by remaining sausage mixture. Sprinkle with another 1/3 of mozzarella. Place 3 more noodles over the mozzarella and pour remaining sauce evenly on top. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover the dish tightly, sprayed-side down.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue to bake until noodles are soft and lasagna is bubbly, 10 to 15 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 638 calories, Carbohydrate 23.5 g, Cholesterol 127.4 mg, Fat 46.8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 33.2 g, SaturatedFat 20.4 g, Sodium 1549.5 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
SPINACH LASAGNA III
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms, onions, and garlic in olive oil until onions are tender. Drain excess liquid and cool. Boil spinach for 5 minutes. Drain, then squeeze out excess liquid. Chop spinach.
- Combine ricotta cheese, Romano cheese, spinach, salt, oregano, basil, pepper, and egg in a bowl. Add cooled mushroom mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Lay 5 lasagna noodles in bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread one third of the cheese/spinach mixture over noodles. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese on top. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce over cheese. Repeat layering 2 times.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Cool 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360 calories, Carbohydrate 41.2 g, Cholesterol 47.6 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 875.4 mg, Sugar 8.1 g
More about "spinach and mushroom lasagna recipes"
SPINACH-AND-MUSHROOM LASAGNA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3.5/5 (2)Calories 392 per servingServings 9
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside 9 noodles.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add nutmeg and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Set aside.
BEST VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPE -MUSHROOM AND SPINACH LASAGNA …
SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA - UNLOCK FOOD
SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
SLOW-COOKER SPINACH & MUSHROOM LASAGNA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
MUSHROOM AND SPINACH LASAGNA IN A PINK SAUCE — THE GLOBAL …
SKILLET LASAGNA WITH SPINACH AND MUSHROOMS - PINK OWL KITCHEN
SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA | SENTARA 28 DAYS OF HEART
BEST CREAMY SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA RECIPES | FOOD …
MUSHROOM AND SPINACH LASAGNA RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNE RECIPE / RIVERFORD
15 RECIPES FOR GREAT VEGETARIAN SPINACH LASAGNA
STOVETOP SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA - SLENDER KITCHEN
SKINNY MUSHROOM SPINACH LASAGNA RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
CREAMY SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA - DAMN DELICIOUS
SPINACH MUSHROOM LASAGNA RECIPE - DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
ULTRA-CREAMY SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA RECIPE
MUSHROOM SPINACH LASAGNA | CANADIAN LIVING
EASY MUSHROOM-AND-SPINACH LASAGNA RECIPE - FOOD AND WINE
SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA | VIOLIFE FOODS
SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA - DEL'S COOKING TWIST
SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA - THE DR. OZ SHOW
SPINACH MUSHROOM LASAGNA - DELICIOUS! - VEGETARIAN MAMMA
CREAMY SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA • KROLL'S KORNER
SPINACH MUSHROOM LASAGNA (VEGGIE LASAGNA) | GOOD LIFE EATS
SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ULTRA-CREAMY SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA | THE FOOD LAB LITE
MUSHROOM SPINACH LASAGNA - LIFE AS A STRAWBERRY
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND SPINACH LASAGNA RECIPE - SHWETA IN THE …
CARAMELIZED ONION, MUSHROOM AND SPINACH LASAGNA
SUSAN LUCCI'S VEGETARIAN SPINACH & MUSHROOM LASAGNA
VEGAN SPINACH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA | RECIPE WITH VIDEO
SPINACH & MUSHROOM VEGETARIAN LASAGNA - JAR OF LEMONS
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM & SPINACH LASAGNA - THERESCIPES.INFO
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND SPINACH LASAGNA - FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
You'll also love