SPINACH ARTICHOKE PIE
Spinach is an abundant vegetable grown here in our state. I make this side dish often when spinach is in season.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Brush the bottom and sides of a 9-in. pie plate with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Set aside. , In a skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil; drain. Remove from the heat. Squeeze spinach dry; add to mushrooms. Stir in artichokes, bread cubes, 1 cup of cheese, pimientos, eggs and garlic powder; stir well. , Spoon into the prepared pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210 calories, Fat 16g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 72mg cholesterol, Sodium 302mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
CHICKEN-SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP SLAB PIE
This simple recipe has all the goodness of everyone's favorite Spinach-Artichoke Dip loaded with shredded chicken and wrapped up in flaky pastry.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix chicken and spinach. Coarsely chop artichoke hearts; add to bowl. In 8-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook shallot and garlic in oil about 5 minutes or until soft and translucent. Add to bowl.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and Parmesan cheese with whisk. Fold into chicken mixture; set aside.
- Unroll 2 pie crusts. Stack 1 crust on top of another; fold edges to make rectangle. Roll rectangle to 15 inches by 12 inches. Repeat with other 2 pie crusts.
- Place 1 rolled crust on cookie sheet; pile filling mixture on top in a rectangle, leaving about 2 inches around edges. Place second crust on top. Trim crusts of excess dough; fold over, and crimp with fork. Pat filling in even layer. In small bowl, beat egg and milk with whisk to make egg wash. Cut vents in center of pie; brush with egg wash. Sprinkle crust with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until crust is golden and center is hot.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE CHICKEN CASSEROLES
Provided by Molly Yeh
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and a pinch of kosher salt and cook, stirring, until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the flour to evenly distribute. Add 1 cup milk, stirring continuously until thickened; repeat with the remaining 1 cup. Stir in the chicken soup bouillon, then add the chicken, thyme and a few turns of black pepper and simmer, stirring often, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, 10 to 15 minutes. Add the artichokes, spinach, cream cheese, parsley, a pinch of crushed red pepper and a few turns of black pepper. Stir until the cream cheese is melted. Taste and adjust as desired.
- Divide the spinach, artichoke and chicken mixture into eight 5-inch aluminum pans or a 9-by-13-inch casserole pan. Separate the biscuits, then top the casseroles with them. Brush them with the egg wash and sprinkle with the flaky salt and some black pepper.
- If baking immediately, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake until the biscuits are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- If freezing, allow the casseroles to cool to room temperature, then cover tightly with foil and freeze. To reheat, bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.
AMAZING SPINACH ARTICHOKE CASSEROLE
This is a family favorite...spinach, fresh mushrooms, artichokes and cheeses make up a mouth-watering side dish that is creamy and delicious. This recipe has a lot of steps, but it is relatively easy and is well worth it. If you are a garlic lover, add an additional clove or two of pressed garlic to the mixture without roasting it first. This is my most requested vegetable casserole recipe, and it is a Thanksgiving favorite.
Provided by mharbold
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place garlic cloves in a small oven-safe dish, and roast in the preheated oven until softened and fragrant, about 20 minutes. Set roasted garlic cloves aside to cool.
- Place the spinach in a large mixing bowl, and stir in the artichoke hearts.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the mushrooms until softened, about 10 minutes. Mix in the green onions, and cook and stir until onions are soft, about 5 more minutes. Transfer the mushrooms, green onions, and butter from the skillet into the bowl with spinach mixture.
- Remove cream cheese from wrapping, place into a microwave-safe bowl, and cook in the microwave until warm and very soft, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir the softened cream cheese into the spinach mixture, and add the sour cream, water chestnuts, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, garlic salt, and lemon juice. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the garlic skins, and mix thoroughly into the spinach mixture. Spoon the casserole into a round 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Spread French-fried onion rings over the top, return to the oven, and bake until the onion rings are lightly browned, 5 to 10 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327.1 calories, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 36.6 mg, Fat 27.5 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 10.7 g, Sodium 678 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until it starts to brown. Stir in the artichoke hearts and cook 10 minutes before adding the bread crumbs and half of the parmesan cheese. When heated through, transfer half of artichoke mixture to pie crust.
- Pour eggs over artichoke mixture and sprinkle in the rest of the parmesan cheese. Spoon the rest of the artichoke mixture into the pie and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until crust begins to brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.7 calories, Carbohydrate 24.1 g, Cholesterol 106.5 mg, Fat 22.7 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 17.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 773.8 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
SPINACH & ARTICHOKE FILO PIE
- Soften the leeks in the butter for a couple of mins. Add the spinach to the pan, cover and cook for 5-6 mins more until the spinach has just thawed.
- In a separate bowl, beat the ricotta and eggs with the parmesan, spinach mix, nutmeg and plenty of seasoning. Stir in the artichokes and tomatoes.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line the base and sides of a greased 23cm clip-sided or loose-based tin with the filo pastry. Brushing each sheet lightly with the oil, place in the tin, oil-side down, leaving excess to hang over the edge. Turn the tin a quarter turn after each sheet.
- Tip filling into the tin, fold excess pastry onto the top of the pie, a sheet at a time, crumpling to give a ruffled effect. Bake for 11⁄2hrs until golden and firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371 calories, Fat 23 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 25 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 18 grams protein, Sodium 2.06 milligram of sodium
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PIE - WW CORE
This is a wonderful crustless quiche recipe. You can get creative with the vegetables you add, but the basic recipe works just fine. Slices can be frozen and reheated for individual meals.
Provided by CoreChick
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in olive oil with garlic. Add spinach and cook until liquid has reduced.
- Mix vegetables with remaining ingredients, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into pie dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 128, Fat 4.8, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 140.8, Sodium 197.7, Carbohydrate 12.1, Fiber 6.3, Sugar 2.3, Protein 11.4
More about "spinach artichoke pie recipes"
SPINACH-ARTICHOKE QUICHE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
4.5/5 (11)Category LunchServings 8Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press crust firmly against side and bottom. Fold excess crust under, and press together to form thick crust edge; flute. Prick bottom and side of crust with fork. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add garlic, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until fragrant. Gradually add spinach, and cook until just wilted; remove from heat.
- Layer cheese, artichokes and spinach mixture in crust. In medium bowl, beat eggs, whipping cream, salt and pepper with whisk until well blended. Pour into pie crust, carefully stirring to evenly distribute spinach.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean; if needed, cover edge of crust with foil during last 5 to 10 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges.
SPINACH ARTICHOKE RICOTTA PIE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and cook onion and garlic until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes
- In a mixing bowl beat the egg, add the ricotta, nutmeg, lemon zest, salt, pepper, spinach, artichoke hearts, breadcrumbs and cooled onion and garlic mixture
SPINACH AND CHEESE PIE RECIPE WITH ARTICHOKE - …
Servings 4-6Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory VegetarianCalories 599 per serving
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PIE | FATFREE VEGAN KITCHEN
Reviews 50Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 9Total Time 55 mins
40+ BEST SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE RECIPES–DELISH.COM
Occupation Commerce EditorAuthor Sienna Livermore
AGGINAROPITA (GREEK ARTICHOKE PIE) - CLOSET COOKING
Reviews 40Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 6Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
SPINACH ARTICHOKE QUICHE - EVERYDAY PIE
Cuisine SavoryCategory QuicheServings 8Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Roll out the pie dough to an 11″ circle and line a 9” pie plate, crimp the edges as desired. Prick the bottom of the dough all over with a fork. Place the pie in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, line the pie dough with a parchment round piece of paper and then add pie weights (or dry rice or beans or lentils), making sure to push pie weights to the edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and carefully remove the parchment and pie weights. Return to oven and bake for an additional 7 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
SPINACH ARTICHOKE HAND PIES - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
4/5 (3)Category Dinner, SnackCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- Make sure that spinach and artichoke hearts are nicely squeezed. Chop artichoke hearts and spinach a little extra and add both to the mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, pressed garlic, and salt into the mixing bowl as well. Mix well until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Roll out the pie crust and cut a little less than an inch off the sides, to form a square (it may not be a perfect square and it's okay). Cut each square in half.
SPINACH ARTICHOKE HAND PIES - HEALTHYISH FOODS
5/5 (1)Category Appetizer, SnackServings 8Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- In a separate mixing bowl combine, the softened cream cheese, feta cheese crumbles, shredded mozzarella, chopped artichoke hearts, half of the whisked egg wash, and a pinch of salt. Stir until well combined. I used a spoon because it helped smooth out the cream cheese. ** The second half of the whisked egg will be used as a wash for the pies.**
SPINACH ARTICHOKE & PARMESAN BREAKFAST PIE - TRIED AND TASTY
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 8 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 93 per serving
- In a skillet coated with non-stick spray, add the sliced mushrooms, diced onions and minced garlic. Turn the heat on to medium-high and saute the until for 5-7 minutes, until tender.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs until fairly smooth. Add the parmesan, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Spray a pie dish with non-stick spray. Add the cooked mushrooms followed by the La Terra Fina Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan dip, then mozzarella. Top with the egg mixture, then salt and pepper once more.
ARTICHOKE & SPINACH PIE. AND A CRIMINAL PROFILER. - THE ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hrCategory BreakfastCalories 261 per serving
- Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl. excepting the Parmesan cheese. Pour it into the pie crust.
- Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan cheese.Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes until it's golden brown and cooked through.
SPINACH ARTICHOKE CHICKEN PIE – JEANIE AND LULU'S KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 613 per serving
- First, make the crust. Whisk the flour, salt, garlic powder, parsley, and thyme together in a big mixing bowl. Then use a pastry cutter to cut in all of the butter until it becomes pebbly. Finally, stir in the ice water until it comes together into a soft dough. Bring it together into a ball with your clean hands, then cut it in half. Place each half on their own big piece of plastic wrap and pat them out into discs. Wrap each disc completely in plastic and chill them for 30-45 minutes. While the pie dough chills, work on the filling.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the artichokes, spinach, garlic and basil and let them get fragrant for a couple of minutes. Then add the chicken, mixing it with the veggies while you break it up. While the chicken cooks, season it with the dried onion, salt and crushed red pepper. Once it is cooked, pour in the white wine and chicken stock. Let the whole mixture simmer until the liquid is gone for about 8 minutes. Finally, take the pan off of the heat and stir in the ricotta. Let the mixture cool while you get ready to bake.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 and spray a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray. Take out the first disc of dough and turn it out onto a clean, floured surface. Roll it out into a 10 inch disc, then roll it around the rolling pin and unroll it over the pie pan. Press it firmly into the pan, leaving the edges to hang over the sides of the plate. Spoon the filling into the crust and press it into a firm, even layer. Then take the second disc of dough out and roll it into another 10 inch disc. Place it on top of the filling and crimp the edges together firmly with the edges of the bottom disc.
- Use a fork to press the edges really firmly together and make them look nicer. Then brush the top all over with the milk. Poke holes with the fork all over the top to vent the pie, then place it on a baking sheet to catch any potential bubbling over. It also makes it easier to take in and out of the oven. Bake the pie for about 30 minutes until the top is golden. Let it cool for 5 minutes or so, then slice and serve immediately! Enjoy!!
VEGAN SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE HAND PIES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
5/5 (1)Total Time 3 hrsServings 9Calories 444 per serving
- To make the crust: In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Work in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Add the water, mixing until the dough is cohesive.
- Divide the dough in half. Pat each half into a 1/2"-thick rectangle, wrap in plastic, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the filling: In a blender or food processor, blend the cashews and water until smooth and creamy; set aside.
SPINACH, ARTICHOKE AND MOZZARELLA PIE - CONEBELLA FARM
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory DinnerTotal Time 55 mins
SPINACH ARTICHOKE PIE RECIPE | COOKING HACKS
SPINACH ARTICHOKE FILO PIE RECIPES
SPINACH PARMESAN PIE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CHICKEN, SPINACH, AND ARTICHOKE POT PIE | ONE-PAN WONDERS
SPINACH ARTICHOKE PIE RECIPES
SPINACH ARTICHOKE PIE RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook an artichoke and cheese pie?Pour eggs over artichoke mixture and sprinkle in the rest of the parmesan cheese. Spoon the rest of the artichoke mixture into the pie and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until crust begins to brown.
How do you make a spinach and artichoke salad?Gradually add spinach, and cook until just wilted; remove from heat. Layer cheese, artichokes and spinach mixture in crust. In medium bowl, beat eggs, whipping cream, salt and pepper with whisk until well blended.
How to cook spinach and artichokes for pizza?Add the spinach to the pan, cover and cook for 5-6 mins more until the spinach has just thawed. In a separate bowl, beat the ricotta and eggs with the parmesan, spinach mix, nutmeg and plenty of seasoning. Stir in the artichokes and tomatoes.
How do you cook spinach with artichoke hearts and mushrooms?Directions. Place the spinach in a large mixing bowl, and stir in the artichoke hearts. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the mushrooms until softened, about 10 minutes. Mix in the green onions, and cook and stir until onions are soft, about 5 more minutes. Transfer the mushrooms, green onions,...