- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the flours, oats, baking powder, sugar and salt. Blend the cold butter in at the lowest speed and mix until the butter is in pea-size pieces. Combine the buttermilk, maple syrup and eggs and add quickly to the flour-and-butter mixture. Mix until just blended. The dough may be sticky.
- Dump the dough out onto a well-floured surface and be sure it is combined. Flour your hands and a rolling pin and roll the dough 3/4 to 1 inch thick. You should see lumps of butter in the dough. Cut into 3-inch rounds with a plain or fluted cutter and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the tops with egg wash. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops are crisp and the insides are done.
- To make the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. When the scones are done, cool for 5 minutes and drizzle each scone with 1 tablespoon of the glaze. I like to sprinkle some uncooked oats on the top, for garnish. The warmer the scones are when you glaze them, the thinner the glaze will be.
SCOTTISH OAT SCONES
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, and currants. Make a well in the center. In a small bowl, beat egg until frothy, and stir in melted butter and milk. Pour into the well, and mix to create a soft dough. Pat dough into two 1/2 inch thick circles. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Score 8 wedges into each circle of dough.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until risen and browned. Split wedges, and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164.3 calories, Carbohydrate 22.8 g, Cholesterol 27.3 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 243.1 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
ORANGE SCONES WITH ORANGE GLAZE
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter. Mix in orange zest.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Whisk orange juice, egg, and vinegar together and pour into the flour mixture. Stir until moistened and sticky.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead gently about 10 times. Pat into a 6x8-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle into 4 squares; cut each square diagonally into 8 triangles. Arrange scones on the prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Make the orange glaze while the scones are baking. Mix 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and orange juice until thick and smooth; glaze should drip slowly off the back of a spoon. Mix in orange zest.
- Dunk warm scones in the glaze to fully coat the tops. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.7 calories, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 38.6 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 177.6 mg, Sugar 14 g
STARBUCKS ORANGE OATMEAL FLAT SCONES
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (double two sheets if you have them - one inside the other). Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, place flour, oatmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and mix together. Cut or rub in butter to make a mealy mixture.
- Stir in egg and orange juice. Add orange oil or extract. Mix to make a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead for a few minutes.
- Roll or pat out into a thickness of 1/2 inch. Using a serrated cookie cutter, cut into disks or rounds. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar and orange zest.
- Bake until nicely browned - about 14 minutes.
- *If you want a glaze, just mix up a simple one using powdered sugar, milk, and orange zest.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326.4, Fat 9.3, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 38, Sodium 346.4, Carbohydrate 56.5, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 25, Protein 5.9
More about "starbucks orange oatmeal flat scones recipes"
COPYCAT RECIPE FOR STARBUCKS' ORANGE OATMEAL FLAT …
Servings 10Total Time 29 mins
STARBUCKS ORANGE OATMEAL SCONES : RECIPE
10 BEST STARBUCKS SCONES RECIPES | YUMMLY
MAPLE OAT NUT SCONES - STARBUCKS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MAPLE OAT NUT SCONES (STARBUCKS COPY CAT)
BETTER THAN STARBUCKS SCONE RECIPE | CRANBERRY ORANGE …
RAISIN OATMEAL SCONES STARBUCKS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
STARBUCKS OATMEAL RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
STARBUCK'S ORANGE OATMEAL FLAT SCONES - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
STARBUCKS INSPIRED FROSTED MAPLE OAT SCONES RECIPE (WHOLE GRAIN)
STARBUCKS ORANGE OATMEAL SCONES : RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RANDEE'S RECIPES: STARBUCKS ORANGE OATMEAL SCONE
JEN'S LIFE OF STAMPIN': STARBUCKS ORANGE OATMEAL FLAT SCONES
STARBUCKS ORANGE OATMEAL FLAT SCONES RECIPE - YOUTUBE
BROWSE STARBUCKS COPYCAT RECIPES RECIPES - GOURMETSLEUTH
STARBUCKS MAPLE OATMEAL SCONES RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
STARBUCK'S ORANGE OATMEAL FLAT SCONES - EAT2FIT.COM
STARBUCKS ORANGE OATMEAL SCONES | RECIPE - PINTEREST
STARBUCKS ORANGE OATMEAL FLAT SCONES RECIPE | STARBUCKS RECIPES, …
CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES STARBUCKS COPYCAT RECIPE
STARBUCKS ORANGE OATMEAL SCONES – MARCY GOLDMAN'S BETTER BAKING
TOP SECRET RECIPES | STARBUCKS MAPLE OAT NUT SCONE
COPYCAT STARBUCKS CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONE RECIPE - LAURA FUENTES
STARBUCK'S ORANGE OATMEAL FLAT SCONES - RECIPE GOLDMINE
STARBUCK'S ORANGE OATMEAL FLAT SCONES - RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
RECIPE FOR STARBUCK'S ORANGE OATMEAL FLAT SCONES
STARBUCKS ORANGE OATMEAL FLAT SCONES - THAT'S MY HOME
CREAMY ORANGE SCONES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
STARBUCKS ORANGE OATMEAL FLAT SCONES | COFFEE RECIPES, …
BEST MOIST STARBUCKS COPYCAT DATE SCONES - THE FRESH COOKY
STARBUCKS ORANGE OATMEAL SCONES COPYCAT RECIPE
ORANGE CRANBERRY SCONES (STARBUCKS COPYCAT, ONLY VEGAN)
STARBUCKS ORANGE OATMEAL SCONES | RECIPE | STARBUCKS RECIPES, …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #breads #copycat #scones #quick-breads #novelty #taste-mood #sweet
Starbucks Orange Oatmeal Flat Scones Recipe203 views-10:34
Warm and Buttery Cherry-Oat Scones with Maple Glaze | Cook and a Half10K views-11:29
【Recipe】 How to make the famous Starbucks raisin scones ! Easy n quick afternoon tea 🍴(No copyright)17K views-02:43
Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe322 views-10:20
【Gluten Free】The best oatmeal scones/Dairy free/Low sugar847 views-05:40
BEST EVER Almond Flour Blueberry Scones6.2K views-02:35
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Starbucks cranberry orange scones?These copycat Starbucks Cranberry Orange Scones have just a hint of orange and delicious cranberries with a light orange glaze. These scones are the perfect tea accompaniment. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, ⅓ cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
How do you make scones with oats?To make the scones, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Use a pastry knife or a fork to cut the cold butter into the dry mixture. Break the butter down until there are no pieces larger than a pea. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
How to bake scones with orange glaze?Arrange scones on the prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Make the orange glaze while the scones are baking.
What is the best recipe for Orange bread?Preheat oven to 425 F. In a large bowl, place flour, oatmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and mix together. Cut or rub in butter to make a mealy mixture. Stir in egg and orange juice. Add orange oil or extract. Mix to make a soft dough.