OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE-STYLE DARK BREAD
I know there's a couple version out there . . . but this is as close to the real thing you can get! No food coloring here! I bake exclusively with instant yeast, however I've given directions for both. Original recipe is from Gloria Pitzer (queen of copycat) however I've made some minor changes! Time does not include rising time. NOTE: DO NOT USE BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES! I believe a few of the reviewers have used the wrong molasses!
Provided by Galley Wench
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 2 large loves
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Soften yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Stir in sugar. Let stand 6 minutes or till bubbly.
- (If using instant yeast just stir the yeast and sugar into the flour).
- Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl combine 1 cup (1 1/2 if using instant yeast) warm water with molasses, cocoa, salt, oil, and rye flour. Beat until smooth.
- Add yeast water mixture, stirring to combine (if using active dry yeast).
- Work in all-purpose flour till dough is smooth and no longer sticky, very pliable and elastic.
- Knead a few minutes.
- Let rise till doubled in greased bowl.
- Punch down.
- Shape into 2 large round loaves placed a few inches apart on greased and cornmeal dusted cookie sheet,.
- Spray tops of loaves with cooking spray.
- Cover with towel and place in warm place till doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Score tops of loaves and bake for 30 minutes to 200 degrees or until crust makes a hollow sound when tapped.
- Cool on rack before slicing.
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD
This is a steakhouse bread recipe that I obtained many years ago from a friend. It makes a very dense and flavorful bread. If you like, brush the rolls or bread with beaten egg, then sprinkle some uncooked oatmeal on top before baking. Enjoy!
Provided by MAGGIE MCGUIRE
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place all ingredients in bread machine pan in order suggested by manufacturer. Select Dough cycle. When the machine indicates the end of the final rise, remove the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Shape the dough into 12 dinner rolls, or one 9x5 inch loaf. Let rise until doubled in size while the oven preheats, they should rise quickly.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven for rolls, or 35 minutes for a loaf, or until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219.8 calories, Carbohydrate 38.5 g, Fat 5.4 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 5.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 296.2 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD - PUMPERNICKEL
- Combine molasses, cooled coffee, & yeast; set aside to proof.
- Combine vegetable oil & brown sugar.
- Combine rest of dry ingredients.
- Add proofed yeast mixture to the oil & sugar.
- Add 1/3 of dry ingredients to wet mixture, then 1/3, and last 1/3.
- Place in large oiled bowl, cover with damp towel & set in warm place to rise until double in size.
- (Bread making tip - patience is required - do let the bread go through its full rise each time!).
- Grease vessel you plan to use for baking (bread pan; 9 x 13 pan, etc).
- Punch down, and form in to shape needed for vessel you plan to bake in ('regular loaf', 12 balls for dinner rolls in 9 x 13 pan, longer for baguette shape, etc).
- Preheat oven to 357* F.
- Let rise until double in size, again.
- Bake in preheated oven - 20 minutes for rolls or 35 minutes for a loaf.
- Bread is done when internal temperature reaches 195 - 200* F.
LONGHORN STEAKHOUSE BREAD
- Mix 3/4 cup wheat flour, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a bowl.
- Mix in butter and honey.
- Gradually add the buttermilk to dry ingredients and beat with a mixer for about two minutes.
- Add remaining flour until your dough is no longer sticky.
- Knead in the mixed grains.
- Knead for about 10 minutes until elastic and smooth.
- Set dough in a warm spot for about about 60-90 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and roll each half into a 7 inch x 5 inch rectangle.
- Roll up tightly starting at the wide side and pinch the seam.
- Let dough rise until doubled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make 3-4 slits in the top of each loaf of bread.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Remove bread and brush each loaf with egg white + water mixture.
- Place back in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170 calories, Carbohydrate 32 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 4 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 3 grams fat, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 266 grams sodium, Sugar 10 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams unsaturated fat
STEAKHOUSE-STYLE PUMPERNICKEL BREAD RECIPE
My Outback Steakhouse-inspired, lightly-sweet and perfect with butter, Steakhouse-Style Pumpernickel Bread recipe is one you'll make all the time.
Provided by Gemma Stafford
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients: both flours, cocoa powder, yeast, sugar, and salt. Stir together.
- In a separate bowl mix the warm water, molasses, and oil together.
- Add the wet into the dry ingredients until your dough comes together.
- Knead the dough until it is smooth and no longer sticky, roughly 6-8 minutes. You can do this by hand or use a stand mixer.
- Grease the bowl with a little oil place in the dough. Cover the dough and allow to rise until it has doubled in size, roughly 60-90 minutes.
- After proofing, knock back the dough before shaping into 2 loaves and placing in your prepared loaf pans.
- Cover again and place in a warm place till doubled, roughly 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake for about 40 minutes. The dough should sound hollow once tapped on the base.
- Cool on a rack before slicing. Store bread at room temperature for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen for up to 8 weeks.
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE BREAD
Outback Steakhouse bread is the signature bread served at the Outback Restaurant! Served on a cutting board with whipped butter these dark molasses rolls will compliment your steak dinner! This recipe makes 12 rolls just like the restaurant!
Provided by Alyona Demyanchuk
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In the bowl of a stand mixture, dissolve the yeast and 1 Tbsp of sugar in warm water until mixture gets foamy.
- Whisk in the honey, brown sugar, egg and molasses.
- Sift in the remaining dry ingredients and knead 10 min over low speed.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Cut each part into 6 equal pieces and form 6-7" long narrow rolls.
- Dredge each roll into some cornmeal and then transfer each roll onto a well-greased pan. Allow dough to proof until doubled in size (approx. 45 min-1 hr in a warm place.)
- Bake in a pre-heated 380°F oven for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 roll, Calories 292 kcal, Carbohydrate 61 g, Protein 8 g, Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 13 mg, Sodium 205 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 13 g
More about "steakhouse black bread recipes"
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE BREAD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.2/5 (74)Total Time 2 hrs 3 minsCategory BreadCalories 195 per serving
"OUTBACK" BLACK BREAD: COPYCAT - FRIEDA LOVES BREAD
Servings 8Author Frieda Franchina
STEAKHOUSE DARK BREAD - GOLDEN BARREL
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
SWEET MOLASSES BREAD - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
4.5/5 (293)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory BreadsCalories 164 per serving
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the dough hook (or in a large bowl with a wooden spoon if powering through this by hand), combine the water, yeast, molasses, cocoa powder, oil, honey, salt, gluten (if using), and 2 cups of the whole wheat flour. Mix until combined.
- With the mixer running, slowly add the rest of the whole wheat flour. Start adding the white flour gradually until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Knead for 5-7 minutes (about 10-15 if kneading by hand). The dough should be soft and slightly tacky but shouldn't leave a lot of residue on your fingers if you grab a piece.
- Turn the dough into a large, lightly greased bowl, cover with greased plastic wrap or a light towel, and let rise until doubled, 1-2 hours.
- Lightly punch down the dough and divide into three equal pieces. Form into tight oval loaves and place on parchment-lined or lightly greased baking sheets (I fit two loaves on one large, rimmed 11X17-inch baking sheet and the third loaf on another baking sheet). Lightly cover with greased plastic wrap or a light towel and let rise until puffy and doubled in size. Optional: right before baking, using a very sharp razor, knife or bread-slashing lame (I use this one from King Arthur Flour), cut three deep slashes in the top of each loaf.
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE BREAD RECIPE | SWEET TEA AND THYME
4.5/5 (338)Total Time 45 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 145 per serving
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix water, oil, molasses, sugar and honey together well.
- Add wheat flour, cocoa, coffee, salt, and yeast to the bowl, stir until well incorporated, then let sit for 5-10 minutes to let yeast proof.
- Incorporate bread flour 1 cup at a time, until dough is clinging more to itself and your wooden spoon (or to the dough hook, if using a mixer). If hand kneading, place your dough onto a well-floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes, or until dough is no longer sticky and is smooth.
- Place into a large bowl greased with oil and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let rise for 25-60 minutes, or until dough has doubled in size.
RECIPE: STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD OR ROLLS TOPPED WITH ...
Category Breads-Bread MachineFrom Thomas of Delaware, 09-12-2006
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD - 500,000+ RECIPES, MEAL PLANNER ...
Reviews 1Category BreadServings 12Total Time 3 hrs 10 mins
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD - YUM TASTE
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD | THE WHOLE FOOD PLANT ...
3.3/5 (160)Total Time 45 minsCategory Breads & SidesCalories 200 per serving
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
OUTBREAK STEAKHOUSE BREAD RECIPE | BREAD MACHINE RECIPES
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD RECIPES
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD | RECIPESTY
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD RECIPE | BREAD RECIPES HOMEMADE ...
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD - RYE BREAD - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD - ALL THE BEST RECIPES AT CRECIPE.COM
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD - RECIPESRUN
BLACK BREAD RECIPES - COOKEATSHARE
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD - PLAIN.RECIPES
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD | RECIPE | EASY YEAST ROLLS, BREAD ...
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD | RECIPE | BREAD MACHINE RECIPES ...
COPYCAT RECIPE BLACK ANGUS BREAD WITH INGREDIENTS ...
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD RECIPE
STEAKHOUSE PUMPERNICKEL BREAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST ...
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
You'll also love