- Add the onion, garlic, Old Bay Seasoning, and a bay leaf to a large pot. Add 4 cups of water or stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once the water has come to full, roaring boil, remove it from the heat. Carefully add the shrimp and cover the pot with a lid. Set an 8-minute timer and allow the shrimp to steep in the pot. The shrimp is done once it is pink and opaque.
- Pour the contents of the pot over a colander, pick out the shrimp and set aside. Sprinkle the remaining Old Bay Seasoning evenly over the shrimp and serve alongside lemon wedges and cocktail sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175 kcal, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 35 g, Fat 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 429 mg, Sodium 1322 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
OLD BAY®-SEASONED STEAMED SHRIMP
- Bring water, vinegar, and seafood seasoning to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add shrimp and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and steam, stirring once or twice, until bright orange in color, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.2 calories, Cholesterol 172.6 mg, Fat 1 g, Protein 18.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 953.8 mg
OLD BAY® STEAMED SHRIMP WITH COCKTAIL SAUCE
This steamed shrimp recipe is ready in under 5 minutes, making it a go-to appetizer when you need a quick dish for crowds! You can steam shrimp in the microwave with a little water, so grab the OLD BAY Seasoning and get ready to serve up some zesty shrimp! If you're entertaining multiple seafood lovers, consider doubling up with our hot crab dip recipe, another fan favorite!
Provided by Old Bay
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a medium saucepan mix vinegar water and OLD BAY. Bring to boil on medium heat. Gently stir in shrimp then cover.Steam 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain well.Serve immediately or refrigerate until hungry guests arrive. Best served with punchy cocktail sauce and lively conversation.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93 Calories
This how-to steam shrimp recipe results in perfectly steamed shrimp you can add to any pasta dish, or feel free to serve chilled with cocktail sauce.
Provided by thedailygourmet
Categories Shrimp Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Set a steamer basket into a heavy saucepan and pour in enough water, so the steamer basket sits just on top of the water without touching it. Remove steamer basket and bring water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, butterfly the shrimp with a sharp paring knife, carefully running the knife 1 inch down the bottom of the shrimp without cutting all the way through. Press shrimp open.
- Set shrimp into the steamer basket and sprinkle with salt. Set steamer basket over the boiling water (shrimp should not touch the water).
- Steam shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, carefully moving shrimp around using tongues so they cook evenly, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or chill for later use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120.3 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 172.5 mg, Fat 2 g, Protein 23.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 168 mg
MARYLAND STEAMED SHRIMP
Steamed shrimp are just not the same in Tampa restaurants. The area has plenty of large golf shrimp to offer, only when you order them at a restaurant they're very lacking in flavor (I think their mostly boiled). I wanted to show my boyfriend the way they should be prepared, and by that I mean the "Maryland" way! I found this recipe online and used it as a guide. It makes the most delicious full flavored steamed shrimp. I wanted to post it for others to enjoy in it's exact copy, however, it is a huge amount. I've never made the full ten pounds but you can adjust it down. I usually buy about 2 lbs of large to jumbo shrimp, I never have kosher salt so I just use a dash of regular, 1 / 2 a lemon, one beer, a 1 / 8 cup of the vinegar and lots of old bay. Two tips I have are, you can never have enough old bay and slivers of onions tossed in with the shrimp will add extra flavor. Once I've really perfected my own recipe I'll post it using more reasonable portions.
Provided by Chef Tara Z
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 300 shrimp, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large pot pour in the beer, vinegar, salt, and lemon (sliced in half) and bring to a rapid boil.
- Place a steamer rack in the bottom of the pot and cover with a layer of shrimp.
- Sprinkle the Old Bay Seasoning over the layer and repeat until all of the shrimp are in the pot.
- Cover tightly and let steam for 10 minutes until all of the shrimp have turned a bright red.
- Remove the shrimp and allow to cool slightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 523.8, Fat 5.8, SaturatedFat 0.7, Cholesterol 716.2, Sodium 4101, Carbohydrate 15.5, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.2, Protein 78.7
YES, YOU CAN.......MICROWAVE AND STEAM SHRIMP - LONGMEADOW FARM
You are never too old to learn new tricks. Sometimes I must appear as a gentle dog, I go along thinking that I can and will do some recipes that same ol' way, day after day, week after week. You know, you've probably been there yourself. One recent holiday, the statement turned out to be the truest statement that I have come to know. Well one of many true statements I have come to know....anyway, jumping back into the story.....I was buzzing along like a honey bee running back to the old bee hive stuck up inside the old shed, and blow me down with a piece of paper towel, I forgot to steam the shrimp! Our guests would soon be arriving, and they expected.....well....food. And lots of it too. All four burners were covered with various foods whistling away, and the oven was packed up like the attic after Christmas. I had 2 pounds of fresh shrimp that I had purchased the day before to be made....today! Was wondering for a moment what I should do. I could sit on them as a mother hen who is warming the underside her great berth, or, I could use the microwave. Nah. No. Nada. Not gonna do this. I don't want the shrimp to be like an old farm tire that has lost its usefulness. Ok. well, I'll try it. Holy confetti. Jumping Joe Flat. It worked! Euphoria set upon the house that stood on Longmeadow Farm and people started smacking their lips, yelping, and a joyous uproar could be heard from the house that special Holiday eve. Now, don't go saying you can't microwave shrimp, cause this might make you change your mind.
Provided by Andi Longmeadow Farm
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix together butter, water, (or broth), seasonings, onion, and garlic if using, and pepper, in microwave dish/casserole dish. Heat this fluid/butter for 30/60 seconds on high. Take out carefully, and add shrimp, all in one layer. Add onion and garlic if using.
- Add extra ingredients if needed/seasonings.
- Set timer for microwave for 3 minutes, and cook. Make sure to use a plastic wrap to cover dish, venting on one side for air. After 3 minutes, check to make sure the shrimp are cooked through. If not put back into oven for 30 second intervals.
- Take out shrimp and set on top of crackers, add extra seasonings, and devour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171.4, Fat 7.7, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 188.1, Sodium 209.3, Carbohydrate 1, Protein 23.1
- Place a bowl of ice water in the sink. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the shrimp and cook them 1 to 2 minutes until the outsides turn pink and they are cooked through.
- Drain the shrimp and transfer them immediately to the bowl of ice water. Drain them again. Peel and eat them immediately, or store them in an airtight plastic container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- nutrition information
- Each (about 4-ounce) serving has:
- Calories: 120
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fat: 2g
- Trace Saturated Fat
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Fiber: 0g
- Sodium: 168
ASIAN STEAMED SHRIMP
- In a small bowl, whisk together rice wine, soy sauce, and sugar, and set aside.
- Arrange bok-choy leaves in the two compartments of a bamboo steamer; divide shrimp between the two layers, and cover. Set steamer over a wok filled with 5 to 6 cups of water; place wok over medium heat, and steam until shrimp are cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a serving plate, pour the sauce over, and garnish with scallion. Serve immediately.
More about "steamed shrimp recipes"
STEAMED SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
STEAMED OLD BAY SHRIMP RECIPE! - WELL SEASONED STUDIO
MARYLAND STYLE STEAMED SHRIMP | FOODTALK
MARYLAND STYLE STEAMED SHRIMP RECIPE – DISH DITTY
3 WAYS TO STEAM SHRIMP - WIKIHOW
TRADITIONAL OLD BAY STEAMED SHRIMP RECIPE - PEEL & EAT …
OLD BAY STEAMED SHRIMP – A COUPLE COOKS
HOW TO STEAM SHRIMP | COOKING SCHOOL | FOOD NETWORK
STEAMED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC OIL - RASA MALAYSIA
OLD BAY STEAMED SHRIMP - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
HOW TO STEAM SHRIMP PERFECTLY EVERY TIME ~ MACHEESMO
HOW TO KEEP STEAMED SHRIMP WARM – GALAXY TRAINING
BEER-STEAMED SHRIMP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
OLD BAY STEAMED SHRIMP - THE FOOD HUSSY
10 BEST OLD BAY STEAMED SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
MARYLAND-STYLE STEAMED SHRIMP COCKTAIL | OLD BAY
OLD BAY STEAMED SHRIMP RECIPE - EASY PEEL AND EAT SHRIMP
28 BEST SHRIMP RECIPES | QUICK AND EASY SHRIMP DINNER IDEAS
20+ HEAVEN SENT LEFTOVER SHRIMP RECIPES -WORTH A TRY IN 2022
THE 40 BEST SHRIMP RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
OLD BAY STEAMED SHRIMP | THE BLOND COOK
STEAMED SHRIMP AT HOME NINJA FOODI HOW TO STEAM SEAFOOD …
STEAM SHRIMP WITH GARLIC (蒜蓉粉絲蒸蝦) - OH MY FOOD RECIPES
STEAMED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC VERMICELLI RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
BUTTERY OLD BAY STEAMED SHRIMP RECIPE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
RECIPE: SWEET, SPICY AND SIMPLE STEAMED SHRIMP | WHOLE FOODS …
10 BEST STEAMED SHRIMP SIDE DISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
STEAMED SHRIMP SHU MAI – JEANIE AND LULU'S KITCHEN
STEAMED SHRIMP | REALCAJUNRECIPES.COM: LA CUISINE DE MAW MAW
15 QUICK AND DELICIOUS FROZEN SHRIMP RECIPES
OVEN-STEAMED SHRIMP (NATURALLY GLUTEN FREE AND A PERFECT MEAL!)
INSTANT POT STEAMED SHRIMP - DON'T WASTE THE CRUMBS
OLD BAY STEAMED SHRIMP - THE CULINARY COMPASS
STEAMED SHRIMP RECIPES | RECIPELAND
10 BEST LEFTOVER SHRIMP RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
OLD BAY STEAMED SHRIMP RECIPE - THE CLASSY CHICS
STEAMED SHRIMP WITH OLD BAY - PERFECT PARTY FINGER FOOD EVERY TIME
14 EASY FROZEN SHRIMP RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
STEAMED SHRIMP WITH GLASS NOODLES - THE WOKS OF LIFE
MARYLAND-STYLE STEAMED SHRIMP WITH OLD BAY BUTTER - ON TY'S PLATE
You'll also love