- Cut bread horizontally in half. Drizzle dressing evenly over cut sides of bread.
- Layer lettuce, cheese, ham, salami and peppers on bottom half of bread. Top with top half. Secure loaf with toothpicks or small skewers. Cut into 6 wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1070 mg
I've made this Stromboli sandwich many times for parties, and it gets great reviews. You can add ingredients and spices to suit your taste. The recipe is so good I just had to share it with you! -Leigh Lauer, Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled. Punch down. Roll loaves together into one 15x12-in. rectangle. Layer ham and pepperoni on half of the dough (lengthwise). Sprinkle with onion and green pepper. Top with 1/4 cup of pizza sauce. Layer mozzarella, bologna, salami and Swiss cheese over sauce. Sprinkle with basil, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Spread another 1/4 cup of pizza sauce on top. Fold plain half of dough over filling and seal edges well. Place on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Brush with melted butter. Heat the remaining pizza sauce and serve with sliced stromboli.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388 calories, Fat 23g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 60mg cholesterol, Sodium 1175mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
Making this dish and this menu is a great excuse to get your kids in the kitchen and help make a fun and delicious meal they will truly enjoy.
Provided by Guy Fieri
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 23
- For the pizza dough: Add the yeast, 1 cup warm water and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook. Let the mixture sit to allow the yeast to activate. The mixture should start foaming and forming small bubbles on the surface, 10 minutes. Gradually add the flour with the mixer on low speed. Add the olive oil and salt. Continue to mix on low and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Increase the speed as the flour becomes incorporated, and knead on medium speed, 7 to 8 minutes. The dough is done when it comes together as a single mass.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and knead 4 to 5 times on a lightly-floured surface so the dough is smooth and consistent. Place in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic and allow to sit until the dough rises and doubles in volume, 1 hour.
- For the filling: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Divide the dough in half and, working with one piece at a time, stretch the dough into a 10-by-13-inch rectangle. Arrange the dough rectangle so the 13-inch-long side is closest to you. Brush the surface with half of the melted butter, then spread the minced garlic out evenly over the top, remembering to split the filling ingredient quantities evenly across both stromboli. Leave a 1-inch border around the far and side borders.
- Sprinkle the dough with the Parmesan, then layer with the salami slices. Top the salami with a layer of deli ham and then a layer of bresaola. Shingle the cheese slices over the top and finish with fresh basil and some ground black pepper. With the covered edge closest to you, roll the dough up into a log, gently sealing the ends of the roll as you go. When you get to the end that has no filling on it, gently press to seal, then place the roll seam-side down on a nonstick sheet tray. Repeat the process with second piece of dough. Brush the tops of the dough with the remaining melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake in the center of the oven until golden brown and puffy, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow the stromboli to cool 5 minutes before slicing it into thick slices with a serrated knife. Serve with the Marinara Sauce on the side or some mustard.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until the garlic is almost brown, another 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer, 20 minutes.
- Add the basil and oregano, and continue to simmer to thoroughly marry the flavors, 20 minutes longer. Puree the mixture with a stick blender, food mill or food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: Makes 1 quart.
The stromboli that I make uses pre-made pizza dough. But bread dough can be used as well. Kids love this pizza creation and adults love the grown-up pizza creation. Also, I always have left-over mixture, which I use the following day with Spaghetti.
Provided by Jessica
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no pink shows; drain. Mix in the ham, bell pepper, onions, pizza sauce and mushrooms.
- Lay pizza dough flat on cookie sheet. Distribute pepperoni slices over dough. Place a heaping pile of the sauce mixture on one side of dough (some may be left over). Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over and pinch ends and sides together. Poke holes in the top and brush melted butter on it.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Slice into individual sections to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 907 calories, Carbohydrate 50.2 g, Cholesterol 160.5 mg, Fat 57.3 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 44.8 g, SaturatedFat 23.8 g, Sodium 2784.5 mg, Sugar 10 g
More about "stromboli hero recipes"
HOW TO MAKE QUICK AND EASY STROMBOLI RECIPE | THE RECIPE ...
4.9/5 (10)Calories 346 per servingCategory Dinner, Main Course
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll the dough out and stretch it out on a piece of parchment paper. Spread the pizza sauce leaving about 2 inches from the edge. Top with Italian salami, then the cheese, and end with pepperoni.
- Roll up the dough up like a cinnamon roll and pinch the edges to seal and fold where the seam is. Lay the stromboli seam side down. Brush with the egg and cut small slats in the top. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, Italian seasoning and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
STROMBOLI HERO RECIPE BY ADDISON | IFOOD.TV
ITALIAN MEATBALL STROMBOLI - A DELICIOUS HALFTIME HERO ...
5/5 (12)Total Time 40 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 206 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400° F with baking stone in oven. Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat and saute mushrooms for five minutes until tender and then remove from skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, brown meatballs for about five minutes over medium heat while stirring with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Tear a long rectangular sheet of parchment paper and roll dough out to approximately 9 x 13 inches. Use a large tablespoon to slather about 1/2 of the marinara sauce down center of dough, about 2-3 inches in width. Place single layer of mushrooms on marinara sauce and then place meatballs (about 2 abreast) on top of mushrooms and sauce. Reserve remaining mushrooms to serve as a side to the stromboli. Place optional roasted red pepper strips over meatballs and cover with remaining marinara sauce and fresh oregano. Place slices of cheese over sauce.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 1" strips of dough on each side of stromboli contnts, To wrap the stromboli, fold the ends in first and then wrap alternate strips of dough over top (like a shoe lace) between left and right. Brush stromboli with egg wash and then place pizza peel under parchment paper and slide parchment paper with stromboli onto hot baking stone.
EASY STROMBOLI (EASY DINNER IDEA!) - THE RECIPE REBEL
5/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 176 per serving
- Roll pizza dough out on a lightly floured surface into a roughly 12" x 16" rectangle (it doesn't have to be exact!).
- Spread marinara sauce over pizza dough, but leave one inch all the way around and 2-3" at the long side furthest from you.
- Top with 1 cup of the shredded cheese, then ham, salami and pepperoni. Finish with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
HOW TO MAKE A LOW CARB STROMBOLI - THE SUGAR FREE DIVA
5/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory Appetizer, Dinner, Lunch, SnackCalories 293 per serving
- Prepare your Stromboli dough as directed in the dough recipe that you are using. Preheat your oven to 375. Prepare a cookie sheet for nonstick. Roll the dough out on the cookie sheet, making sure that the dough is evenly rolled out. Then brush the dough with some of your melted butter (saving the rest for later).
- Evenly distribute the sliced meat over the dough and the cover with the cheese. Any optional ingredients can be added here as well. This includes any sauce that you may want to add.
- In the step we will roll or fold (once over) the Stromboli and shape it into a 'loaf'. In doing so, be sure to pinch the edges of the dough. Cut slits in the top of the Stromboli and then brush the remaining butter over it. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just browned.
EASY ITALIAN HERO STROMBOLI YOU WILL CRAVE - ELLE JAY AT …
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main CourseServings 4
- Roll your pizza dough out to a large rectangle of ¼ inch thick. It should be about 15 inches by 18 inches. Gently move the dough to the peel, centered.
- Orient the dough so it's wider than it is tall. Brush 1 tablespoon of Italian dressing down the center, the width of your ham slices.
EASY STROMBOLI SANDWICH - THE FARMWIFE FEEDS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Slice the french bread loaf horitontally - I kind of make a slight "V" so my sausage and toppings sit down in the bread and not just fall off the bread
- Spread about 3/4 of the suace on the botoom piece of bread, top that with the sausage mixture, spread the rest of the pizza sauce on sausage and sprinkle all the shredded mozzerella cheese on top
STROMBOLI | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
STROMBOLI RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Light Meals & Snacks
STROMBOLI HERO RECIPE - DETAILS, CALORIES, NUTRITION ...
HEROES, HOAGIES AND SUBS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
STROMBOLI HERO RECIPE
STROMBOLI | VILLAINS WIKI | FANDOM
RECIPE: STUFFED SANDWICHES - ITALIAN HERO SANDWICH, MEAL ...
RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
STROMBOLI HERO | RECIPE IN 2021 | RECIPES, HERO RECIPE ...
18 OF OUR BEST STROMBOLI RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
KETO ITALIAN HERO STROMBOLI RECIPE | @ATKINS
STROMBOLI HERO * | RECIPES, HERO RECIPE, HOW TO COOK HAM
HOW TO MAKE A STEAK AND CHEESE STROMBOLI
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #lunch #easy #picnic #dietary #sandwiches #low-calorie #low-carb #brown-bag #low-in-something #to-go #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a stromboli?Brush the egg wash over the Stromboli and make 3 to 4 slits on the top to release steam while baking. Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown. Add the Parmesan cheese to the top and continue to bake until melted. Remove the Stromboli from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
What are the ingredients in a stromboli?It’s typically filled with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and other meats like beef or sausage, and chopped onion, bell pepper, ham, pepperoncini peppers and more. Like a little spice? Substitute spicy Italian pork sausage for the ground beef for a simple stromboli recipe with a kick.
What kind of cheese do you use for Stromboli?Cheese: Mozzarella, fontina, gouda, asiago, provolone or gruyere are perfect for melting. Dough: Fresh or frozen dough will work great for this Stromboli recipe. This Stromboli gets loaded with italian salami, pepperoni, pizza sauce and cheese! This is so quick, easy and delicious you will want to make it again and again!!
What kind of meat do you use for Stromboli?Meat: Pepperoni, bacon, Canadian bacon or sausage are fun variations of meat. Cheese: Mozzarella, fontina, gouda, asiago, provolone or gruyere are perfect for melting. Dough: Fresh or frozen dough will work great for this Stromboli recipe.