LOADED BAKED AVOCADOS
Avocado stands in for potato in this low-carb version of a baked potato! Sour cream, Cheddar cheese and bacon, combined with fresh chives and a sprinkle of pepper, make this a comforting treat.
Provided by Karen Rankin
Categories Healthy Avocado Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat broiler with rack about 8 inches from heat source. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Cut avocados in half lengthwise; remove and discard pits. Scoop the flesh from the avocados into large pieces, keeping the shell halves intact.
- Toss the avocado flesh, salt and 1/4 cup cheese together in a medium bowl. Spoon the mixture evenly into the avocado shells; top evenly with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Arrange the stuffed avocado halves on the prepared baking sheet. Broil until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Top each avocado half with 1 tablespoon sour cream. Sprinkle evenly with crumbled bacon, chives and pepper. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217 calories, Carbohydrate 7 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Fat 19 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 336 mg, Sugar 1 g
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet or deep-fryer to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, seasoning blend and cumin. Place the beaten egg in a shallow dish. Dip avocado slices in beaten egg, and then in the flour mixture. You may repeat the dipping process if you prefer a thicker batter.
- Fry the coated avocado slices in the hot oil for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels, and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 620.4 calories, Carbohydrate 56.7 g, Cholesterol 93 mg, Fat 39.9 g, Fiber 8.5 g, Protein 11.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 44.1 mg, Sugar 1 g
FRIED STUFFED AVOCADO
The fried stuffed avocado has become quite popular lately showing up in a few restaurants in South Texas. If you see it on the menu, make sure you order it. They are all different. Here is one of the versions I found from a restaurant in Austin. I'm sure that you could make your own version. Enjoy!
Provided by YaYa1689
Categories Tex Mex
Yield 1 Fried Avocado, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Take the ½ avocado and remove the skin, leaving avocado ½ whole. Take a scoop and.
- remove some of the flesh around the seed whole to allow for more filling.
- Dust with flour and wrap in plastic and freeze.
- Dip the avocado in the relleno batter removing some batter from the hole and deep fry.
- Heat, sauté and cook the shrimp with garlic and pico. Deglaze with white wine and add cream to bring to a boil. Add manchego cheese and cook until thickened.
- Fill the hole with the shrimp mixture and pour sauce around rim and serve.
- Serve on a large round plate and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Some restaurants fill both halves of avocado, put the halves together batter or dust with flour and deep fry for a couple of minutes.
- Relleno Batter:.
- To prepare, place flour in a mixing bowl and add egg yolks, salt, oil, and beer.
- Stir batter until thoroughly mixed.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours or as long as 24 hours - the longer the better, to a point.
- Just before using batter, stir it well again.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Fry in oil at 360°F.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1639.1, Fat 80.1, SaturatedFat 25.7, Cholesterol 646.8, Sodium 11191.3, Carbohydrate 104.7, Fiber 10.3, Sugar 7.6, Protein 42.1
BEER-BATTERED FRIED AVOCADO WEDGES
A snazzy way to play with avocados *UPDATE* Some have said it's kinda mild and I agree. I came up with this originally for a cpl. fambly members who like it that way. BUT, I just now (02/24/2012) added the creole seasoning to help perk it up a bit. I hope this helps some of ya'll to enjoy it more and for those that like it mild just kinda ignore the creole addition. Have a good day peeps.
Provided by Iowahorse
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To make beer batter, whisk together beer, Tony's seasoning, flour, paprika, and garlic until well blended.
- Let stand at least 2 hours.
- Peel avocados; cut each into 6 wedges.
- Dredge 6 wedges in reserved beer batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil (370 F) until golden about 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining wedges.
- Serve wedges with fav.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.4, Fat 14.5, SaturatedFat 2, Sodium 12.4, Carbohydrate 43.7, Fiber 7.7, Sugar 0.5, Protein 6.7
BACON STUFFED AVOCADOS
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; crumble.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic in a saucepan; cook and stir mixture over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle avocado halves with salt; fill each half with crumbled bacon. Drizzle sauce over filled avocados.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333.4 calories, Carbohydrate 14.1 g, Cholesterol 40.5 mg, Fat 30.1 g, Fiber 6.8 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.7 g, Sodium 413.7 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
STUFFED AND BATTER FRIED AVOCADO
My husband just recently visited a little Mexican Restaurant in Angleton TX, La Casona and tried a wonderful dish...Stuffed and Batter Fried Avocado's They were to die for...They stuffed theirs with beef, beans, and cheese then battered and fried...They took both halves and put them back together with everything in between... I am making mine as a half because they are so rich...and made with carne adovada and cheese dipped in rellano batter....I don't have a picture as of yet though.....
Provided by JoSele Swopes @JODIE57
Categories Other Main Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Cut in half your avocado's remove the pitts and peel set sprinkle lemon juice and place in air tight container in the fridge till needed....
- Grate your Mexican melting cheese and set aside.... In skillet brown your pork and add all spices to meat and 1/2 cup of water then simmer 20 minutes with lid on....Till meat has absorbed the spices and liquid...
- In a semi shallow bowl, mix your batter ingredients...set aside
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep pot... drop a bit of flour in oil to check that it is hot enough...
- Take a half of avocado and spoon a TBSP of meat into it and place cheese on top then carefully dip into batter and place carefully into hot oil...Let cook till golden brown and remove to drain on paper towel...continue on doing the same with the others....You may use my hot dipping sauce or eat as is...Best served when hot...
More about "stuffed and batter fried avocado recipes"
EASY TACO-STUFFED AVOCADO RECIPE (15 MINUTES!)
15 BEST STUFFED AVOCADO RECIPES - IRENA MACRI
STUFED AVOCADOS (+ 10 FILLING IDEAS) - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
SPICY 7 LAYER DIP STUFFED FRIED AVOCADOS RECIPE
10 BEST STUFFED AVOCADO RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRIED STUFFED AVACADO. SCRUMPTIOUS! | AVOCADO RECIPES, …
EASY STUFFED AVOCADO RECIPES TO MAKE AS YOUR …
SOUTHWESTERN STUFFED AVOCADO RECIPE • A SIMPLE PANTRY
PICOSO'S STUFFED DEEP-FRIED AVOCADOS - GOODTASTE WITH TANJI
Servings 2Total Time 45 mins
FRIED AVOCADO: CREAMY, CRUNCHY AND ABSOLUTELY ADDICTIVE
FRIED STUFFED AVOCADO
CAPRESE STUFFED AIR FRIED AVOCADOS | EASY DINNER IDEAS
SHRIMP STUFFED FRIED AVOCADO WITH RELLENOS BATTER | AVACADO …
FRIED AVOCADOS STUFFED WITH CARNITAS - CHEF GERRIE
DEEP FRIED STUFFED AVOCADO RECIPE - OVRCLOCKED
BREAKFAST SCRAMBLE STUFFED AVOCADO - SPOON FORK BACON
FRIED AVOCADO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CRAB STUFFED FRIED AVOCADOS | BDOUTDOORS | BLOODYDECKS
FRIED AVOCADO STUFFED WITH SHRIMP - MEXICAN APPETIZERS AND MORE!
EASY STUFFED AVOCADO RECIPES - WHAT TO PUT IN A STUFFED AVOCADO
FRIED AVOCADO DIPPERS - CALIFORNIA AVOCADOS
STUFFED FRIED AVOCADO RECIPE
EASY AIR FRYER FRIED AVOCADO | READY IN JUST 10 MINUTES!
STUFFED AND BATTER FRIED AVOCADO
STUFFED AND BATTER FRIED AVOCADO
CAPRESE STUFFED AVOCADO - CAFE DELITES
TRUDY'S STUFFED AVOCADO SPECIAL RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
DEEP FRIED STUFFED AVOCADO RECIPE - LINEARTDRAWINGSFAMILYOF2
RECIPE: STUFFED FRIED AVOCADO (NOT TRUDY'S) - RECIPELINK.COM
FRIED STUFFED AVOCADO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
3 STUFFED AVOCADOS RECIPES: CHICKPEA TUNA & MORE! | LIVE EAT LEARN
STUFFED FRIED AVOCADO RECIPE - JULIETTE MCCOOL - BLOGGER
PAN FRIED AVOCADO STUFFED WITH EGG AND CHEESE - SO DELICIOUS
PIN ON STUFF TO TRY
15 WAYS TO MAKE BEAUTIFUL STUFFED AVOCADOS! - ONE GREEN PLANET
DEEP FRIED AVOCADO RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
17 UNBELIEVABLY DELICIOUS WAYS TO MAKE A STUFFED AVOCADO
CAPRESE STUFFED AVOCADO RECIPE | EASY HEALTHY APPETIZER RECIPE
BAKED STUFFED AVOCADO - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make fried avocado?In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, chopped cilantro, lime juice, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper, if using. Taste and add salt, as needed. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Gather the ingredients for the fried avocado. Slice an avocado in half; remove the pit, peel, and slice each half into 4 or 5 strips.
How to cook avocado strips in a pan?Remove the coated avocado strip to a plate and continue with the remaining strips. Add about 1 inch of vegetable oil to a deep sauté pan or Dutch oven and heat it to 350 F. Add 4 to 6 avocado strips to the hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes, or until the coating is golden brown.
How do you make avocado bread with panko breadcrumbs?Put the beaten eggs in the second bowl and the panko breadcrumbs in the third bowl. Dip an avocado strip in the flour and turn to coat all sides, then coat with the beaten egg. Let excess egg drip off and dip the avocado strip in the panko crumbs, pressing gently to coat.
How to fill avocados with shrimp and cheese?Filling Avocados and Breading Set up three separate bowls of flour, egg and panko crumbs. Holding avocado half in your hand, scoop some of the shrimp mixture into the center of avocado. Add cheese all over avocado half including on top of shrimp mixture, pressing cheese onto avocado gently but firmly enough that cheese stays on.