CUCUMBER CUPS WITH DILL CREAM AND SMOKED SALMON
Classic combos are classic because the flavors go well together! Dill, cucumber, and smoked fish are combined with a bit of lemon to perk things up. Small pieces of smoked trout would be a good substitute for the salmon in this pretty, easy, no-cook hors d'oeuvre. Cucumber cups can be assembled and kept chilled in an airtight container 1 day ahead of time.
Provided by RuthE
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Trim ends from cucumbers and cut crosswise into 24 (3/4-inch-thick) rounds. Scoop a 1/2-inch-deep depression from one side of each round with a small melon-baller, forming little cups. Drain cucumbers, cup sides down, on paper towels for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, chopped dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, and black pepper together in a bowl. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture into each cucumber cup. Top each cup with 1 salmon strip and 1 dill sprig.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 49.4 calories, Carbohydrate 1.5 g, Cholesterol 12.6 mg, Fat 3.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 103.3 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
POACHED SALMON WITH LEMON-CAPER HERB SAUCE
- Combine carrots, leeks, lemon slices, thyme, parsley, bay leaf, peppercorns, coriander, salt, and wine in a wide saucepan. Add enough water so the liquid reaches a depth of 1 1/2 inches. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to barely simmering. Add salmon, cover with a lid or a parchment paper round trimmed to fit, and cook until flesh is firm but slightly moist in center, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer fish to a plate; cover with plastic wrap. Cool to room temperature. Serve with Lemon-Caper Herb Sauce and Watercress-Cucumber Salad, if desired.
QUICK POACHED SALMON WITH CUCUMBER SAUCE
There's no reason to shy away from cooking fish at home with a recipe as effortless as this one. Besides basil, try using dill, fennel or coriander in the herby sauce. -Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In an 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray, combine the first 6 ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high until mixture comes to a boil, 2-3 minutes., Carefully add salmon to dish. Cover and microwave at 70% power until fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 5-1/2 minutes., Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cucumber, onion, salt and basil. Remove salmon from poaching liquid. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361 calories, Fat 21g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 105mg cholesterol, Sodium 393mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 30g protein.
DAD'S POACHED SALMON WITH CUCUMBER SAUCE
- Combine all poaching liquid ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring the poaching liquid to a very low simmer and cook 30 minutes. Skim the top as needed to remove any foam from the surface. Lay some cheesecloth over the top of the poaching liquid, making a bed for the fillets. Submerge salmon in poaching liquid and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled, roughly chopped
- Fronds from 1 bunch dill (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first four ingredients in a blender and puree. Gradually blend in mayonnaise, oil and yogurt and then season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Serve poached salmon with side of sauce.
POACHED SALMON WITH CUCUMBER, CRESS, AND CAPER SAUCE
- Make a Court-Bouillon: Pour 6 quarts cold water into a large stockpot. Add carrots, celery, leek, vinegar, lemon, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, and cook 30 minutes. Pour into a fish poacher, and set aside until lukewarm, about 45 minutes.
- Set fish poacher on stove over two burners. Lower rack so it rests on vegetables; place salmon on rack (remove tail if needed). Add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; immediately reduce heat to medium-low. Poach salmon 10 minutes per inch of thickness or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest point registers 130 degrees. Remove poacher from heat; let cool until no longer steaming, about 1 hour. Refrigerate salmon in court-bouillon overnight.
- Lift salmon on rack from the court-bouillon, and set over a large pan or sink; let drain 30 minutes. Transfer salmon to a clean work surface. Cut through skin near head, and pull skin off top side of fish. Use the back of a knife to scrape off any brown flesh from surface. Using tweezers, pull out bones along back. Slide salmon onto a serving platter. Salmon can be refrigerated, covered with plastic wrap, up to 4 hours before serving.
- To serve, cut cucumber lengthwise into very thin strips using a mandoline or vegetable peeler. Arrange strips diagonally across salmon, spacing 1 inch apart. Garnish with remaining cucumber, cress, and chives. Serve with sauce.
More about "poached salmon with cucumber cress and caper sauce recipes"
POACHED SALMON FILLET RECIPE WITH WATERCRESS - GREAT ...
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Main
POACHED SALMON WITH CAPERS AND ... - HOW TO FEED A LOON
5/5 (11)Calories 218 per servingCategory Entree, Seafood
- Heat wine and water in a large skillet over medium-heat. Once simmering, add the lemon, shallots, dill, and capers. Then top with the salmon fillets.
- Once the liquid starts to boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer, covered, for about 8 to 10 minutes, until salmon is cooked and flaky.
POACHED SALMON WITH CAPER-BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE - MARCIA ...
Servings 4Total Time 40 mins
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots and cook over low heat until softened, about 4 minutes. Add 3/4 cup of the wine and boil over high heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 7 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderate. Remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, occasionally moving the pan back to the burner to keep the sauce very warm. Stir in the capers and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, combine the water with the remaining 1/2 cup of wine and bring to a boil. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet. Simmer very gently over low heat, turning once, until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- When the salmon is almost done, gently reheat the butter sauce over moderate heat, whisking constantly just until hot; do not let it boil. Spread the shredded lettuce on plates. Using a slotted spatula, remove the salmon fillets from the skillet and quickly pat them dry with a paper towel, then set them on the lettuce. Pour the caper-butter sauce over the salmon fillets and serve.
POACHED SALMON WITH CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE - QUICK FROM ...
5/5 Category Seafood Recipes, Fish Recipes, SalmonServings 4
- In a large deep frying pan, combine the water, wine, vinegar, onion, carrot, parsley, thyme, peppercorns, bay leaves, and 2 1/4 teaspoons of the salt. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the cucumber and the remaining teaspoon salt. Let sit for 10 minutes. With your hands, squeeze the cucumber and discard the liquid. Put the cucumber back into the bowl and add the yogurt, garlic, mint, and ground pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add the fish to the liquid in the pan and bring back to a simmer. Simmer, partially covered, until the fish is just barely done (it should still be translucent in the center), about 4 minutes for a 1-inch-thick fillet. Remove the pan from the heat and let the fish sit in the liquid for 2 minutes. Transfer to plates and, if you like, remove the skin. Serve the salmon warm or at room temperature. Top with the raita and then sprinkle the raita with the paprika.
GARLIC POACHED SALMON WITH CREAMY LEMON CAPER SAUCE
5/5 (6)Total Time 20 minsCategory FishCalories 289 per serving
- In a nonstick skillet, add 1/2 cup of the wine and fish. Add enough water to almost cover the salmon.
- Add one clove minced garlic, the lemon zest, and salt and pepper to the liquid and on top of the salmon.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for approximately 5 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, saute the onion in the olive oil (1 tablespoon) in a small pot or skillet over medium heat, until browned.
CITRUS POACHED WILD SALMON WITH CUCUMBER-YOGURT SAUCE ...
POACHED SALMON WITH WATERCRESS AND CUCUMBER SAUCE
4/5 (18)Total Time 3 hrs 5 minsServings 8-10Calories 235 per serving
MARTHA STEWART POACHED SALMON WITH CUCUMBER, CRESS, AND ...
SAUCE FOR ROASTED SALMON - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
POACHED SALMON WITH CUCUMBER, CRESS, AND CAPER SAUCE
POACHED SALMON WITH CAPER SAUCE RECIPES
CUCUMBER, CRESS, AND CAPER SAUCE
POACHED WHOLE SALMON RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
POACHED SALMON WITH CUCUMBER, CRESS, AND CAPER SAUCE ...
POACHED SALMON WITH CUCUMBER AND CAPER SAUCE RECIPE ...
POACHED SALMON WITH CUCUMBER, CRESS, AND CAPER SAUCE
POACHED SALMON WITH CUCUMBER CRESS AND CAPER SAUCE RECIPES
CUCUMBER SAUCE FOR FISH - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
POACHED SALMON WITH CUCUMBER SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
POACHED SALMON WITH CAPER SAUCE RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook salmon with capers and hollandaise sauce?This poached salmon with capers and hollandaise sauce is healthy and unbelievably delicious, too. The salmon is perfectly poached within minutes and the super easy No Fuss Hollandaise Sauce comes together in about 4 minutes, too. Cut salmon into fillets, approx. 1 to 2 inches wide and liberally salt and peppers. Set aside.
What is a good recipe for poached salmon with creamy lemon sauce?Garlic Poached Salmon with Creamy Lemon Caper Sauce. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low, cover, and simmer for only about five minutes. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Saute some onion and garlic in olive oil and deglaze with another half cup of wine, reducing until only half of it remains. Add some lemon juice, capers, dill, and butter,...
What is the best way to cook salmon with garlic?Add some minced garlic and the zest of one lemon on top of the salmon (you will use the juice to make the sauce in just a moment), along with some salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low, cover, and simmer for only about five minutes. Meanwhile, make the sauce.
How to cook salmon and watercress salad?Watercress salad. Method. Season the salmon with the salt and pepper. Place the lemon peel, lemon juice, thyme sprigs, dill sprigs, lemon thyme sprigs, lemon slices, star anise and shallots in a pan along with the white wine, Pernod and fish stock. Poach the salmon for 3-4 minutes, then turn the fillets over and cook for 3-4 minutes longer.