STUFFED FRENCH TOAST II
This is a nice change from ordinary French toast. I make this more than the standard recipe. Although this is my family's favorite version, it is very versatile. You can substitute peanut butter for the cream cheese, use different jams or preserves, different extracts or spices - the options are practically limitless! Serve with maple syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Provided by ELISAW
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Spread 4 slices oatnut bread on one side with cream cheese. Spread remaining 4 slices on one side with raspberry jam. Press cream cheese slices together with jam slices, forming sandwiches.
- In a medium, shallow bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and almond extract.
- Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat. Dip sandwiches in the egg mixture to coat. Place in the skillet, and cook on both sides until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530.7 calories, Carbohydrate 65.5 g, Cholesterol 272.2 mg, Fat 22.2 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 16.5 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 577.1 mg, Sugar 34.7 g
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
Wake up to a sweet and satisfying French toast for breakfast! This Stuffed French Toast is golden brown and crispy, filled with a rich and creamy filling. You will jump out of bed faster each morning to get your hands on this deliciousness!
Provided by Natalya Drozhzhin
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare all ingredients. Allow cream cheese to reach room temperature.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs with milk, and half of the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, whip cream cheese together with sugar and the remaining vanilla extract. Add fresh blueberries into the cream mixture and stir to combine.
- Scoop up a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture and spread it onto one of the bread slices. Sandwich another slice of bread on top. Carefully dip both sides of toast into the egg mixture.
- On low heat, preheat a skillet with a tablespoon of butter. Place the assembled Stuffed French Toast and fry until golden brown, then flip over and repeat.
- Serve your Stuffed French Toast with some fresh berries and powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475 kcal, Carbohydrate 56 g, Protein 13 g, Fat 21 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Cholesterol 152 mg, Sodium 495 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 30 g, ServingSize 1 serving
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST BY CHEF ANDREA DRUMMER RECIPE BY TASTY
Inspired by bread pudding and crème brûlée, this stuffed French toast recipe features thick slices of brioche bread soaked in an egg custard, baked to golden brown perfection, and topped with torched turbinado sugar for a satisfying crunch. Made by Chef Andrea Drummer of the Original Cannabis Cafe (@OGCannabisCafe)
Provided by Tikeyah Whittle
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Make the French toast: Using a paring knife, make a small slit in the side of each slice of bread, going almost to the other side, but not all the way through. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the granulated sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla bean seeds and bring to a simmer. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs to a large bowl. Slowly a ladleful of the cream mixture and whisk to temper the eggs so they do not scramble. Remove the cream mixture from the heat and slowly stream the egg mixture into the pot, whisking to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- Arrange the sliced brioche in a 9 x 13-inch (19 x 27 cm) baking dish. Pour the cooled custard mixture over the bread. Let soak for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Transfer the soaked brioche to a clean 9 x 13-inch (19 x 27 cm) baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- While the toast bakes and cools, make the filling: In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and strawberries. Beat with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until fully combined and fluffy. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large round tip and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Make the macerated strawberries: In a separate medium bowl, combine the strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and lemon zest. Stir well, then set aside to macerate for 10 minutes.
- Make the chantilly cream: In a separate medium bowl, combine the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Pipe the ricotta and cream cheese mixture into the center of each slice of French toast, being careful not to overfill.
- Top each slice of French toast with a generous sprinkle of turbinado sugar. Brûlée the sugar with a kitchen torch until melted and golden brown.
- Add the blueberries and maple syrup to the macerated strawberries and stir to combine.
- Garnish each slice of brûléed French toast with a spoonful of the berry mixture, a dollop of chantilly cream, and a mint leaf. Serve immediately.
FRENCH TOAST (STUFFED WITH CREAM CHEESE)
- Cut each slice of bread in half.
- Beat eggs with milk and pinch of salt.
- In separate bowl, mash cheese until smooth with cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla, adjusting to taste.
- Spread one-fourth of cheese filling evenly over four slices of bread.
- Top with unspread slices of bread to form half-sandwiches.
- Dip and soak each sandwich in egg-milk mixture, turning so both sides of each sandwich absorb liquid.
- Let excess drip off.
- Heat unsalted butter in 10 inch skillet, and when hot but not brown, add sandwiches.
- Reduce heat and fry slowly for 5 to 7 minutes, or until first side is golden.
- Turn and brown second side over low heat.
- If sandwiches fry too quickly, filling will not be warm.
- Serve immediately, allowing 2 halves to each portion.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar and top with sour cream and strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 565.2, Fat 37.2, SaturatedFat 19.7, Cholesterol 280.8, Sodium 649.9, Carbohydrate 39.8, Fiber 2, Sugar 9.7, Protein 18.1
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
Take the time needed to fuel up first thing in the morning with this amazingly good, easy French toast! Breakfast eaters usually eat better overall than those who skip.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Spread one side of 6 slices bread with 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese. Spread one side of remaining slices with 2 teaspoons of the preserves. Place bread with cream cheese and bread with preserves together in pairs.
- Beat egg whites, milk and sugar with wire whisk until smooth; pour into shallow bowl.
- Spray griddle or skillet with cooking spray; heat griddle to 325°F or heat skillet over medium-low heat. Dip each side of sandwich into egg mixture. Cook sandwiches 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 580 mg, Sugar 18 g, TransFat 0 g
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
- Heat sausage patties according to package directions; cut into bite-size pieces. Cut a pocket in the crust of each slice of bread. Butter the inside of pocket. In a small bowl, combine sausage and cheese. Stuff into pockets., In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon; dip both sides of bread. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides. Serve with syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 679 calories, Fat 31g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 171mg cholesterol, Sodium 1187mg sodium, Carbohydrate 72g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well until incorporated. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Fold all ingredients together in a bowl until well incorporated but not completely smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and let reduce by 1/3.
- French Toast:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large saute pan and then add butter. Dredge the bread in the batter and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool. Divide filling between 2 pieces of the bread top with the remaining 2 pieces of bread. Transfer French toast to oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Cut each French toast in half and serve with the cinnamon syrup and, if desired, a large scoop of vanilla ice cream and fresh berries.
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
Both sweet and savory, this make-ahead brunch entree is stuffed with ham and Gruyere cheese and served with maple syrup. This family-friendly dish goes well with a green salad.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Butter bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Make a deep slit in each bread slice to create a pocket. Stuff each with 1 slice of ham, then divide cheese evenly among pockets.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a bowl until combined, and season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into prepared baking dish. Add bread slices in a single layer, gently pressing into egg mixture, and let soak 15 minutes. Flip bread You can soak the bread in the egg mixture for just 30 minutes, but the French toast will be even more delicious if you let it sit overnight. and gently press again into egg mixture. Let soak 15 minutes. (If preparing the day before, refrigerate up to 12 hours, loosely covered, then let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Top bread with remaining ham and cheese. Bake until egg mixture is set and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil, with rack 4 to 6 inches from heat source. Broil until bread is toasted and golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot with maple syrup.
OVERNIGHT STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
This brunch dish is so rich that no one will suspect each generous serving has just 3 grams of fat."I don't like to cook a lot in the morning so this make-ahead dish is perfect for us," says Brenda Childress of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Arrange 10 slices of bread in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread each slice with cream cheese. Top with remaining bread. In a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, milk, 1/3 cup syrup, vanilla and cinnamon; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight., Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a thermometer reads at least 160°. Serve with strawberries and remaining syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 805mg sodium, Carbohydrate 54g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
This is a great Christmas morning recipe, as it is quick and easy to repair. Serve with some fruit, and a side of crispy bacon or sausage links for a great holiday breakfast. Prep time does not include time spent in fridge overnight.
Provided by TwinMommy03
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut bread slices into cubes.
- Cover bottom of a 9x13 dish with half of the bread.
- Dot bread with cream cheese then cover with remaining bread.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and cream cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes or until set.
- Serve with warm maple syrup, or without depending on taste.
More about "stuffed french toast recipes"
10 STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPES FOR YOUR BEST BREAKFAST EVER
Author Jane MaynardPublished 2014-05-10Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Berry Creamy Cheese-Stuffed French Toast. French toast with berries and cream cheese? Le sigh. Get the recipe from Like Mother Like Daughter.
- Cream Cheese- and Banana-Stuffed French Toast. Simply slice bananas and use cream cheese frosting to create the sweetest, gooiest, cheesiest French toast you've ever eaten.
- Banana Bread Stuffed French Toast. Why just stuff regular bread when you could stuff banana bread? Get the recipe from Diethood.
- Peanut Butter-Stuffed French Toast. If PB&J; were breakfast, but infinitely more delicious. Get the recipe from Dinners Dishes & Desserts.
- Cookie Butter French Toast Roll-Ups. This recipe makes eating stuffed French toast beyond easy as well as beyond delicious. Hello, cookie butter. Get the recipe from Cupcakes and Kale Chips.
- Cannoli Stuffed French Toast. Just say YES to cannoli for breakfast. Get the recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod.
- Bourbon Pecan Cream Cheese-Stuffed French Toast. As if French toast stuffed with pecans and cream cheese weren't good enough, then you add BOURBON. Get the recipe from The Law Student's Wife.
- Walnut-Stuffed French Toast. If you like your breakfast a little nutty, this one's for you. Get the recipe from Poet in the Pantry.
- Nutella-Stuffed French Toast. Of course you should stuff French toast with Nutella! Get the recipe from Living Locurto.
- Jam-Stuffed French Toast. Homemade jam turns this French toast into something truly irresistible. Like, kryptonite-irresistible. Get the recipe from Dieter's Downfall.
BACON STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
RECIPE: CREAMY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - KITCHN
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE | EATINGWELL
55+ BEST FRENCH TOAST RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE EASY …
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE (OVERNIGHT) - THE …
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST WITH CREAM CHEESE RECIPES
THE BEST STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - MOM ON TIMEOUT
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - CREAM CHEESE STUFFED …
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - FEELGOODFOODIE
CREAMY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE | MCCORMICK
25 BEST FRENCH TOAST RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - THESTATENISLANDFAMILY.COM
20 UNIQUE FRENCH TOAST RECIPES | EAT THIS NOT THAT
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CREAM CHEESE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
BERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - FOOD DOLLS
BERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE ULTIMATE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - COOKED BY JULIE
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - OH SWEET BASIL
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - THE PIONEER WOMAN
CREAM CHEESE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE (IHOP COPYCAT) - KITCHN
EASY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - MOSTLY HOMEMADE MOM
MAKE GREAT BREAKFASTS WITH THIS STRAWBERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST …
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - GIFT OF HOSPITALITY
CLASSIC STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - A BEAUTIFUL MESS
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - THE RECIPE CRITIC
NUTELLA STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - SPEND WITH PENNIES
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - THE WOKS OF LIFE
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - MODERN HONEY
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - ATORIA'S FAMILY BAKERY
10+ STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #breakfast #desserts #lunch #snacks #number-of-servings
You'll also love