SUGARPLUM PUDDING CAKE
Here's an old-fashioned classic that really says Christmas. "I've been told this recipe tastes like German chocolate cake," notes Lois McAtee of Oceanside, California. "It was a winner in a recipe contest, too."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Beat just until combined. Fold in plums and walnuts., Transfer to a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in sugar and buttermilk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute. Stir in coconut and vanilla. Immediately spread topping over cake when removed from the oven. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts :
EASY CAKE POP SWIRL
These cake pops are quick and easy and fun for the whole family! They're perfect for holidays and get-togethers, and there's something about them for everyone to love. If you would like to frost them, do not use heavily whipped frosting, use a light frosting.
Provided by Hannah Craz
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine sugar, flour, and baking soda in a bowl. Add butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract; stir, adding more flour if needed, until batter is thick but smooth.
- Scoop batter onto a nonstick baking sheet using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 113.6 calories, Carbohydrate 15.1 g, Cholesterol 31.3 mg, Fat 5.3 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 126.3 mg, Sugar 10.4 g
This was in last Sunday's paper and I made it to bring in to work today. Several of my coworkers enthused over it and requested the recipe. The recipe called for one cup of chopped nuts, but I left them out.
Provided by wife2abadge
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine sugar and oil; mix in eggs.
- Sift flour, spices, baking soda, and salt into a separate bowl, then add to sugar mixture, alternating with buttermilk, and ending with the flour mixture.
- Add nuts (if using) and baby food and mix well.
- Pour into a bundt pan that has been greased and floured and bake at 325 degrees for one hour (or until cake tester comes out clean).
- Let rest on cooling rack 20 minutes.
- Turn out to cool completely.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 538.5, Fat 24, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 64.4, Sodium 292.1, Carbohydrate 77.8, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 56.3, Protein 5.4
SUGAR PLUM CAKE
A tasty dessert for the holidays or just anytime. Received recipe from a friend and posting for safe-keeping. Hint: Thoroughly mix just the flour and plums together until well-coated, then add remaining cake ingredients. This will keep the plums from all becoming settled at the bottom of the cake.
Provided by Sassy in da South
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Grease and flour bundt or 9×13 cake pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer until well combined.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for one hour.
- Just before cake is done, place all sauce ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and continue boiling gently until sauce is thickened, about two minutes.
- Remove done cake from oven and poke holes all over top with a fork.
- Pour hot sauce over hot cake. Allow to sit in pan until sauce is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 669.3, Fat 36.4, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 54.1, Sodium 508.1, Carbohydrate 81.6, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 58, Protein 8.1
EASIEST CAKE POPS EVER
Iced sugar cookies and cream cheese are mixed together and formed into easy, no-bake cake pops! Kids will love to help with this fun recipe. Perfect for birthdays or holidays.
Provided by NicoleMcmom
Categories Cake Pop Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cookies and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until well blended.
- Form mixture into twenty four 1 1/2-inch balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet and secure a lollipop stick in each one. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- While the cake pops are chilling, place candy melts in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove cake pops from the refrigerator. Dip each one in the melted candy coating, allowing any excess to drip off. Return to the lined baking sheet and sprinkle immediately with sprinkles. Let sit until coating has completely set, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.4 calories, Carbohydrate 33.5 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 16.2 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 158.6 mg
SUGAR PLUM CAKE
My Southern grandmothers taught me to cook when I was a boy. As I grew older, I specialized in cakes, pies and pastries. I bake several of these cakes each Christmas to give as gifts.-Mark Brown, Birmingham, Alabama
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16-20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, baby food, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon and cloves; gradually beat into plum mixture until blended. Stir in pecans. , Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. , In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over top and sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Fat 13g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 32mg cholesterol, Sodium 156mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "sugar plum cake pops recipes"
LATE SUMMER PLUM CAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CHRISTMAS CAKE POPS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SUGAR PLUMS - CUPCAKE PROJECT - BAKING AND DESSERT …
CAKE POP DOUGH – SUGAR GEEK SHOW
GINA'S DIY CAKE POPS + RECIPE - UNITED WITH LOVE
SUGARPLUM BUTTERMILK CAKE - COOK REPUBLIC
HOW TO MAKE SUGAR FREE CAKE POPS
25 BEST CAKE POP RECIPES & IDEAS - FOOD NETWORK
SUGAR PLUM CAKES | CANADIAN LIVING
SUGAR PLUM CAKE POPS - SIDE DISH RECIPES
EASY CAKE POPS RECIPES - LIFE LOVE AND SUGAR
SUGAR PLUM CAKE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
HOMEMADE CAKE POPS - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
SUGAR FREE CAKE POPS - LITTLE MOMENTS
17 CAKE POP RECIPES (SEE #10 TO PERISH FROM CUTE OVERLOAD!)
SUGAR FREE PLUM CAKE - RECIPE - MISS BLASCO
SUGAR PLUMS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC SUGARPLUM CANDY
RECIPE: SUGAR PLUM POPS, CHEESECAKE POPS, CHOCOLATE COVERED …
SUGAR PLUM CAKE POPS | RECIPE | CAKE POP RECIPE, PLUM CAKE, CAKE …
SUGAR PLUM CAKE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
SUGAR PLUM CAKE (A.K.A OLD-FASHIONED PRUNE CAKE) - SOUTHERN PLATE
CELEBRATION CAKE POPS | REDPATH SUGAR
SUGAR PLUM CAKE POPS | RECIPE | DONUT FLAVORS, FOOD NETWORK …
TUNNEL OF SUGARPLUM CAKE, 1968 – A VINTAGE CHRISTMAS RECIPE TEST
MAKE CAKE POPS FROM LEFTOVER HOLIDAY SUGAR COOKIES! - HIP2SAVE
COOKIE DOUGH POPS - SUGAR SPUN RUN
SUGAR PLUM CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SUGAR PLUM FAIRY CUPCAKES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
SUGAR PLUM CAKE | RECIPE | CRAVING4MORE
SUGAR PLUM BAKES – BEAUTIFUL & UNDERSTATED BUTTERCREAM CAKES
SUGAR PLUM CAKE | CONFECTIONS OF A CLOSET MASTER BAKER
CAKE POP RECIPE WITHOUT CAKE MIX RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
SUGAR PLUM CAKE POPS – RECIPES NETWORK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How much sugar do you put in a plum cake?2 cups sugar. 2 jars (6 ounces each) strained plum baby food. 3/4 cup vegetable oil. 3 eggs, lightly beaten. 2 cups self-rising flour. 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. 1 teaspoon ground cloves. 1 cup chopped pecans.
How do you make plum cake with baby food?Directions In a large bowl, beat the sugar, baby food, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon and cloves; gradually beat into plum mixture until blended. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over top and sides of cake.
How do I make cheesecake Pops?Start by baking a cake by following the directions on a box of classic white cake mix, with a couple of modifications. First, if the recipe calls for vegetable oil, use slightly less than the amount that is called for to keep your cake pops from being to oily. Second, add 10 drops of cheesecake flavor oil to the batter.
How do you make soft cake pops at Starbucks?Soft cake pops with an outer candy coating and sprinkles just like Starbucks! Add the cookies and cream cheese to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Mix until the cookies are small crumbs. Use a cookie scoop or spoon to scoop up and roll small balls, about one inch. Place them on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.