SUMMER SEAFOOD STEW
- Heat oil in heavy 8- to 10-quart pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are tender, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices and next 8 ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until flavors blend and liquid is slightly reduced, about 45 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before continuing.)
- Add clams to cooking liquid. Cover pot and cook until clams open, about 10 minutes (discard any clams that do not open). Add cod, shrimp and scallops. Simmer until seafood is just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season stew to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle stew into bowls. Sprinkle with basil and serve
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or stockpot, add the onions, potatoes, fennel, salt, and pepper, and saute over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, until the onions begin to brown. Add the wine and scrape up the brown bits with a wooden spoon. Add the tomatoes with their juices, stock, garlic, and saffron to the pot, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Add the shrimp, fish, and mussels, bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the pot to sit covered for another 5 minutes. The fish and shrimp should be cooked and the mussels opened. Discard any mussels that don't open. Stir in the Pernod, orange zest, and salt, to taste. Serve ladled over 1 or 2 slices of toasted baguette.;
- Warm the oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp shells, onions, carrots, and celery over medium heat for 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook 2 more minutes. Add 1 1¿2 quarts of water, the white wine, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour. Strain through a sieve, pressing the solids. You should have approximately 1 quart of stock. If not, you can make up the difference with water or white wine.
EASY SEAFOOD STEW
This is a recipe that I got from Good Housekeeping. It's a healthy and tasty treat during the winter months.
Provided by Spartiechic
Yield 7 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pepper and onion. Cook until softened and lightly brown (about 5 mins), stirring frequently.
- Stir in garlic and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomatoes, juice, water, and salt. Cover and heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in cod and shrimp. Cover & simmer until they turn opaque throughout (about 3 mins), stirring occasionally.
SUMMER FISH STEW
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the bread on a large baking sheet, drizzle over 1 tbsp oil and bake for 10 mins until golden. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened for about 10 mins, then add the garlic and chilli flakes and stir for 1 min. Tip in the tomatoes and fish fillets. Cover and simmer for 10 mins until the fish is nearly cooked, then uncover.
- Tip in the butter beans, season well, then cook until everything is hot. Serve scattered with the croutons, parsley and lemon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 26 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 34 grams protein, Sodium 0.7 milligram of sodium
SUMMER FISH STEW WITH ROUILLE
- Twist the heads from the prawns, then peel away the legs and shells, but leave the tails intact. Devein each prawn. Fry the shells in 1 tbsp oil for 5 mins, until dark pink and golden in patches. Add the wine, boil down by two thirds, then pour in the stock. Strain into a jug, discarding the shells.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a deep frying pan or casserole. Add the fennel, onion and garlic, season, then cover and gently cook for 10 mins until softened. Meanwhile, peel the potato and cut into 2cm-ish chunks. Put into a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 5 mins until almost tender. Drain in a colander.
- Peel a strip of zest from the orange. Put the zest, star anise, bay and ½ tsp harissa into the pan. Fry gently, uncovered, for 5-10 mins, until the vegetables are soft, sweet and golden.
- Stir in the tomato purée, cook for 2 mins, then add the tomatoes and stock. Simmer for 10 mins until the sauce thickens slightly. Season to taste. The sauce can be made ahead, then reheated later in the day. Meantime, scrub the mussels or clams and pull away any stringy beards. Any that are open should be tapped sharply on the worktop - if they don't close after a few seconds, discard them.
- Reheat the sauce if necessary, then stir the potato, chunks of fish and prawns very gently into the stew. Bring back to the boil, then cover and gently simmer for 3 mins. Scatter the mussels or clams over the stew, then cover and cook for 2 mins more or until the shells have opened wide. Discard any that remain closed. The chunks of fish should flake easily and the prawns should be pink through. Scatter with the thyme leaves.
- To make the quick rouille, stir the rest of the harissa through the mayonnaise. Serve the stew in bowls, topped with spoonfuls of rouille, which will melt into the sauce and enrich it. Have some good bread ready, as you'll definitely want to mop up the juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 34 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 13 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 37 grams protein, Sodium 2.01 milligram of sodium
More about "summer seafood stew recipes"
SUMMER SEAFOOD STEW - FEASTING AT HOME
5/5 (7)Total Time 35 minsCategory MainCalories 476 per serving
- In a large heavy bottom deep skillet or Dutch oven, brown the chorizo in a little olive oil. (Remove from casing and break up or crumble into small bite-size pieces). Once browned, set aside. Pour off the fat, wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- In same skillet, heat the olive oil on med-high heat. Add fennel, stirring often for about 3 minutes. Add onion, turn heat down to med and saute both until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add garlic, sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until garlic starts turn golden. Add tomato paste. Turn heat up to high, constantly stirring, until paste darkens, about 3 more minutes. You are basically frying the paste to deepen the flavor of the dish.
- Add white wine and turn heat down to medium-high, stirring until it cooks down by half, about 2 minutes. Add chicken stock, tomatoes, browned chorizo, and fish sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and chili flakes. If using chorizo, the broth may be salty enough- each chorizo is different. Squeeze with half the lemon. Taste. You want the broth to taste rich and flavorful.
75 SUMMER SEAFOOD RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE IN NO TIME
- Tomato-Poached Cod with Fresh Herbs. When you want to eat fancy but with minimal effort, this dish is your best bet. It’s ready in 25 minutes. (Really!)
- Sriracha Shrimp Skewers with Collard-Peach Salad. Peaches are high on our list of summertime favorites, so of course we’ll try to squeeze them into every meal possible.
- Rodney Scott’s Honey-Butter Fish. If you thought your grill was solely for steak and pork chops, think again. This smoky-sweet fish dinner is where it’s at.
- Buttermilk-Battered Pan-Fried Fish Fillets. Psst: You can use Bisquick as a shortcut when breading the fillets.
- Citrus, Shrimp and Quinoa Salad with Feta. The juicy citrus and briny feta do wonders on plain ol’ quinoa, and the whole thing can be made ahead.
- Sheet-Pan Miso-Glazed Fish with Broccoli and Coconut Rice. One pan and dinner’s done. Dirty dishes who?
- Turmeric White Fish with Peanuts and Chili-Lime Cucumber. This 20-minute dish has a lot more going on than your usual roasted salmon, but is just as easy to make.
- Seared Scallops with Green Peas, Mint and Shallots. These scallops taste like a restaurant menu item, but take about 5 minutes to cook on the stove.
- Instant Pot Coconut Salmon with Fresh Herbs and Lime. Here, the Instant Pot both streamlines dinnertime and infuses the fish with spiced coconut milk flavor.
- Camarones al Mojo de Ajo (Shrimp in Garlic Sauce) Serve it with lots of crusty bread to soak up the remaining garlic sauce.
SUMMER SEAFOOD STEW - NEW ENGLAND TODAY
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
20 BEST SEAFOOD STEW RECIPES IDEAS IN 2022 - FOOD NEWS
10 BEST MEXICAN SEAFOOD STEW RECIPES - YUMMLY
SEAFOOD STEW WITH SHRIMP AND LOBSTER - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
OUR 10 MOST POPULAR SUMMER SEAFOOD RECIPES - KITCHN
SEAFOOD STEW DINNER MENU | EPICURIOUS.COM
SUMMER SEAFOOD RECIPES | GOURMET TRAVELLER
SEAFOOD STEW WITH FENNEL & TOMATOES - A HINT OF ROSEMARY
SUMMER FISH STEW RECIPE - COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
SUMMER FISH STEW - JAMIE OLIVER
SUMMER SEAFOOD STEW (LOADED WITH SHELLFISH!) - RASA …
SLIMMED DOWN NEW ENGLAND SEAFOOD STEW - RECIPES JUST 4U
TRY A NEW SUMMER SEAFOOD STEW | TASTY FISH STEW RECIPES
SUMMER CORN AND SEAFOOD STEW - WHISKED AWAY KITCHEN
GINGER AND GARLIC SUMMER SHRIMP STEW | BRIGHT ROOTS KITCHEN
SUMMER SEAFOOD STEW | RECIPE | SEAFOOD STEW, SEAFOOD, STEW
THE BEST RECIPE FOR SEAFOOD STEW - STACY LING
SEAFOOD STEW RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SUMMER SEAFOOD STEW | RECIPE CLOUD APP
SUMMER SEAFOOD STEW | RECIPE | SEAFOOD STEW RECIPES ...
SEAFOOD STEW RECIPES - SEAFOOD STEWS & SEAFOOD STEW IDEAS
SEAFOOD STEW WITH FENNEL AND TOMATOES | WILLIAMS SONOMA
SUMMER FISH STEW RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
SUMMER SEAFOOD STEW | RECIPE IN 2022 | STEW RECIPES ...
SEAFOOD STEW WITH FENNEL AND TOMATOES | WILLIAMS SONOMA
SUMMER SEAFOOD STEW - OUR FAVOURITE HEARTY RECIPE OF THE ...
SUNDAY DINNER: SUMMER SEAFOOD STEW - THE KITCHENISTA DIARIES
SEAFOOD STEW WITH WHITE WINE, GARLIC AND FENNEL
SUMMER DELIGHT SEAFOOD STEW RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you add fresh seafood to stew?After the stew has simmered for a few minutes….add the fresh seafood. Be sure to add the seafood according to cooking time. For example, large chunks of halibut will take longer to cook than mussels, so put the halibut in first. Large shrimp will take longer to cook than tiny shrimp.
What do you serve with summer seafood stew?Summer Seafood Stew in a light and flavorful tomato-fennel broth with smoky chorizo. Serve with Crusty Bread to mop up all the flavorful juices! For a Gluten-free option, instead of bread add cannellini beans!
How do you cook seafood stew with chorizo?Summer Seafood Stew in a light and flavorful fennel-tomato broth with Chorizo. This can be made in 30 minutes! Serve with crusty bread to mop up all the juices or if going gluten free, sub cannellini beans for extra heartiness! In a large heavy bottom deep skillet or Dutch oven, brown the chorizo in a little olive oil.
How do you cook fish stew with bread?This storecupboard fish stew is bulked out with bread and is full of fresh, summer flavours Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the bread on a large baking sheet, drizzle over 1 tbsp oil and bake for 10 mins until golden. Set aside. Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat.