ZUCCHINI AND SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Heat the olive oil and the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions, salt, and black pepper and cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the squash and zucchini and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Stir in the thyme and remove from the heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to the prepared baking dish, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Combine the eggs and cream in a medium bowl and whisk to blend. Gradually whisk the reserved cooking liquid into the egg mixture. When all the cooking liquid is incorporated, pour the mixture over the vegetables in the baking dish. Using a spoon, gently shift the vegetables around so the egg mixture is evenly distributed. Bake until the mixture sets, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle first with the crackers and then with the Parmesan, if using, and return to the oven. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
SUMMER ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Boil the zucchini and onion in water for 5 minutes; drain well. In a medium bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and carrots. Stir in the zucchini and onion and mix well.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the butter and stuffing mix. Spread half of this mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spoon the zucchini mixture over the stuffing, then top off with the other half of the stuffing.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until stuffing is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 610.6 calories, Carbohydrate 51.5 g, Cholesterol 92.8 mg, Fat 41.4 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 11.7 g, SaturatedFat 23.7 g, Sodium 1250.9 mg, Sugar 9.7 g
TOMATO ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly butter a 9x9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine Cheddar, Parmesan, oregano, basil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Arrange half of the zucchini slices in the pan. Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese and herb mixture on top. Arrange half of the tomatoes, and top with another 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, and cook until soft and translucent. Stir in breadcrumbs; cook until they have absorbed the butter. Sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Cover loosely with foil, and bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake until the top is crusty and the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459.9 calories, Carbohydrate 23.8 g, Cholesterol 90.9 mg, Fat 32.2 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 20.8 g, SaturatedFat 19.7 g, Sodium 953.6 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
ZUCCHINI AND SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE
A great summertime casserole using yellow squash and zucchini. But if the little zucchini buggers are taking over your house, it's o.k. to use all zucchini in this recipe! :)
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish or casserole and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter; add onions and cook until tender; add zucchini and yellow squash and cook, stirring until just tender; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the condensed soup, sour cream, and mushrooms, mixing well.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter with the stuffing mix; pour half the stuffing mix into the baking dish.
- Layer the squash mixture over the stuffing mix.
- Cover with the remaining stuffing mix.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and casserole is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 477.9, Fat 31.8, SaturatedFat 18.1, Cholesterol 76, Sodium 1102.3, Carbohydrate 41.1, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 9.8, Protein 9.3
SUMMER BEEF-AND-RICE CASSEROLE
This quick-cooking casserole has a rich beef-and-rice filling, a colorful layer of zucchini, and a crisp breadcrumb topping. (Save even more time by using the sauce from Gnocchi with Quick Meat Sauce.)
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and 1 tablespoon oil. In a large cast-iron skillet, bring meat sauce to a rapid simmer over high. Stir in rice and remove from heat. Top with onion, then carefully arrange zucchini in a single, slightly overlapping layer. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with remaining tablespoon oil, and top with breadcrumb mixture. Return to heat and bring to a simmer. Cover with foil and bake 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake until rice is cooked through and breadcrumbs are golden, about 10 minutes more. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 652 g, Fat 38 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 37 g, SaturatedFat 14 g
BAKINBABY'S ZUCCHINI SUMMER CASSEROLE
Delish.. Zucchini recipe, with cumin, ground beef,red bell pepper and corn. You can use mexicorn ( 1 each 12 oz. can) instead of corn and red pepper. This recipe comes from an old Country Living Recipe Book. . When I make this for the kids, I omit the cumin. Quick and easy!!
Provided by BakinBaby
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Saute' ground beef,chopped red pepper ( omit if using mexicorn),onion and garlic in medium skillet, until meat is well browned.
- Add zucchini, salt,cumin & pepper, cook over medium heat 8 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, crushed red pepper and corn or (canned mexicorn), bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until zucchini is beginning to soften.
- If mixture is too thick, add a little water (about 1/2 cup. or chicken broth).
- Top each serving with parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese. We like parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267.4, Fat 12.5, SaturatedFat 4.6, Cholesterol 51.4, Sodium 562.6, Carbohydrate 23.9, Fiber 4, Sugar 6.6, Protein 18.2
More about "summer zucchini casserole recipes"
10 BEST ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
20+ ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
Author Alex Loh
SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE - EASY SIDE DISH RECIPES
ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE WITH CRUNCHY TOPPING - OUR SALTY KITCHEN
BEST BAKED ZUCCHINI & RICE CASSEROLE - SUMMER ZUCCHINI ...
SQUASH CASSEROLE RECIPES FOR SUMMER | SOUTHERN LIVING
EASY CHEESY SQUASH CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHEESY ZUCCHINI SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE | 12 TOMATOES
GARLIC PARMESAN ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE - THE SEASONED MOM
20+ ZUCCHINI RECIPES TO MAKE ALL SUMMER | EATINGWELL
THE BEST ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
32 ZUCCHINI RECIPES IN A CASSEROLE YOU'LL ABSOLUTELY LOVE
SUMMER SQUASH ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPE | TEN ACRE BAKER
TOMATO, POTATO, ZUCCHINI, SUMMER SQUASH “CASSEROLE” RECIPE ...
25 MAKE-AHEAD SUMMER CASSEROLES | TASTE OF HOME
SUMMER ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE - RECIPES - PAGE 12 | COOKS.COM
20 EASY SUMMER CASSEROLES - INSANELY GOOD
EASY SUMMER CASSEROLE RECIPES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
TOP 10 HEALTHY ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPES - COOK.ME RECIPES
SUMMER ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE - RECIPES - PAGE 3 | COOKS.COM
SUMMER ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPE
CHEESY ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI ...
SUMMER SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE - LIFE, LOVE, AND ...
ZUCCHINI & SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE - UPSTATE RAMBLINGS
ZUCCHINI AND STUFFING CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
25+ VEGGIE-PACKED SUMMER DINNER RECIPES | EATINGWELL
SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLES YOU'LL WANT TO MAKE ALL SEASON ...
HEALTHY ZUCCHINI AND SQUASH CASSEROLE RECIPE - EVOLVING TABLE
CRISPY ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
CRUSTLESS SUMMER ZUCCHINI PIE - SKINNYTASTE
CHEESY SUMMER SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE - THESE OLD ...
SUMMER ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE - CUISINART.COM
11 MOUTHWATERING ZUCCHINI RECIPES TO ENJOY THIS SUMMER
HEALTHY ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE - DELICIOUS AND EASY RECIPES ...
ZUCCHINI AND SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE - COOK CLEAN REPEAT
KETO SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION ...
HEALTHY SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE - EVOLVING TABLE
ZUCCHINI AND SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE - THESPRUCEEATS.COM
ZUCCHINI AND CROOKNECK SQUASH RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST ...
MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE BAKED ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE | THE ...
SUMMER SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE | EMERILS.COM
54 BEST ZUCCHINI RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH ZUCCHINI ...
Tex-Mex Summer Squash Casserole -- Lynn's Recipes9.2K views-04:03
Summer Squash Casserole Recipe - Blast from the Past20K views-06:01
How To Recipe for Summer Squash & Zucchini Casserole11K views-13:53
Cook with Me | Summer recipes | Squash Casserole | Sausage Zucchini Fritters470 views-07:34
Love & Best Dishes: Paula Deen's Family Kitchen Cheesy Squash Casserole Recipe75K views-16:00
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a zucchini and cheese casserole?In a bowl, combine the parboiled zucchini, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, eggs, pepper, and garlic powder. Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. In a bowl, combine the Panko breadcrumbs with melted butter. Pour breadcrumbs over the top of the casserole.
Can you use zucchini and squash for casserole?You can use yellow squash or zucchini or a combination of both to make this perfect side dish. This baked zucchini and squash casserole recipe is a true winner. The easy cheesy squash casserole uses the gobs and gobs of zucchini and summer squash from our summer gardens.
What to do with zucchini in the summer?When summer is in full swing, there’s no shortage of zucchini —and that's just the way we like it! One of the best ways to enjoy the summer squash is to transform it into a cheesy zucchini casserole.
How do you cook zucchini for a side dish?An easy and simple make ahead side dish! Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan over medium heat. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add the zucchini and onion to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.