SUPER SIMPLE CROCK POT ROAST
I got this recipe from a family friend. It is so simple that my 12 y.o. son will throw it together for me without complaining! Feel free to use any beef or pork roast you prefer. I have been known to use a chuck roast and a pork roast at the same time.
Provided by AshK5246
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine 1st 3 ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours or high for 4.5 hours.
- 45 minutes before serving add last 2 indgredients. The smaller your diced veggies the faster you can serve.
SIMPLE PERFECT POT ROAST
This is the Cook's Illustrated recipe, but it tastes exactly like Mom's recipe. She used to put it in the oven before we went to church, and then served it with hot rolls and a crisp salad.
Provided by PanNan
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 300°F.
- Thoroughly pat roast dry with paper towels; sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large heavy-bottomed Dutch oven over medium high heat until shimmering but not smoking.
- Brown roast thoroughly on all sides, reducing heat if fat begins to smoke, 8- 10 minutes.
- Transfer roast to a large plate; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium; add onion, carrot, and celery to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 6- 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and sugar; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and beef broths and thyme, scraping bottom of pan with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits.
- Return roast and any accumulated juices to pot; add enough water to come halfway up sides of roast.
- Bring liquid to simmer over medium heat, then cover tightly and transfer pot to oven.
- Cook, turning roast every 30 minutes until fully tender and meat fork slips in and out of meat very easily (3 1/2- 4 hours).
- Transfer roast to carving board, tent with foil to keep warm.
- Allow liquid in pot to settle about 5 minutes, then use wide spoon to skim fat off surface; discard thyme sprig.
- Boil over high heat until reduced to about 1 1/2 cups, about 8 minutes.
- Add red wine and reduce again to 1 1/2 cups, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut meat into 1/2 inch slices, or pull apart in pieces; transfer meat to warmed serving platter and pour about 1/2 cup sauce over meat.
- Serve, passing remaining sauce.
- Note: Can add small red potatoes and sliced carrots and/or parsnips about 45 minutes before roast is finished.
SIMPLE BEEF POT ROAST
This pot roast recipe and technique could not be easier. The vegetables break down, combining with the meat's juices to create a sauce! Warm, hearty, and delicious! Serve over horseradish mashed potatoes.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Pour vegetable oil into a large oven-safe pot over medium-high heat. Season the chuck roast with salt and black pepper. Brown the meat on both sides in the hot oil, and transfer to a plate.
- Stir carrots, celery, and onion into the pot, and cook and stir until vegetables start to release their juices, about 3 minutes; loosen any brown flavor bits on the bottom of the pot. Add butter, and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Then sprinkle in rosemary, stir the vegetables, and return the roast to the pot. Cover the pot with a lid.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the chuck roast is tender, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Season vegetables with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 506.9 calories, Carbohydrate 5.6 g, Cholesterol 140.6 mg, Fat 39.2 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 31.7 g, SaturatedFat 16.8 g, Sodium 883.5 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
SUPER SIMPLE POT ROAST
Found this on FB but researched it and found that it originated from food.com and was submitted by Shawn C and the picture is from Maggie. Thought I would share this for anyone that wants an easy meal that is hot and comforting. It is also very easy to change it and make your own. Add veggies or thicken the sauce. Would love to...
Provided by Tammy T
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 1. Place soups in crock pot and whisk together. Add remaining ingredients to crock pot. Cover and turn on high for 6-8 hours. Serve with rice or potatoes.
SUPER SIMPLE POT ROAST
- Empty on jar of sauce into the slow cooker. Plop the roast in. Pour in the other jar until the roast is submerged. Cook for 4-6 hours. That's it! It goes great with mashed potatoes.
More about "supersimplepotroast recipes"
SUPER EASY POT ROAST - GRANDMA'S THINGS
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
10 BEST SIMPLE VEGETABLE SOUP CROCK POT RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST POT ROAST! (STOVE TOP RECIPE!) - …
4.3/5 (7)Total Time 3 hrs 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 672 per serving
- Heat oil in a cast iron pot. When oil is hot and almost smoking add in roast and brown on all sides. 1-2 minutes on each side.
SUPER-SIMPLE POT ROAST RECIPE | MUSCLE & FITNESS
Servings 5Calories 520 per servingAuthor Joe Wuebben
- Cook until onions become translucent. Rub roast with garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary on all sides.
SIMPLE POT ROAST - SEASONAL RECIPES, WILDCRAFTING GUIDES ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 4 hrs 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 219 per serving
- Place a dutch oven over medium heat, add the olive oil, and heat until the oil shimmers. Sear the roast on one side for 3 minutes, then flip. Sear on the remaining side for three more minutes. Then using a big spoon or tongs, sear on the short sides for three minutes each.
- Remove the chuck roast from the dutch oven and set aside on a plate. Add the carrots, onion, and celery to the dutch oven. Cook 4-5 minutes until they start to soften. Push the vegetables to the side of the pan and place the chuck roast back into the dutch oven nestled in the center of the vegetables.
EASY CROCKPOT RECIPES THAT ARE SUPER SIMPLE AND OH-SO ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
SUPER SIMPLE POT ROAST RECIPE | WOV APP
SUPER-SIMPLE POT ROAST RECIPE | MUSCLE & FITNESS | EASY ...
SIMPLE RECIPE FOR POT ROAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BEST RATED CROCK POT ROAST RECIPE - POT IMAGES COLLECTIONS
SUPER SIMPLE CROCK POT ROAST | CROCKPOT ROAST, POT ROAST ...
CROCK POT ROAST WITH ONION SOUP MIX RECIPE
SUPER SIMPLE POT ROAST RECIPES
MORE USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS AT ...
WHAT WINE GOES WITH SUPER SIMPLE POT ROAST RECIPE FOOD COM
SUPER SIMPLE POT ROAST RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | EASY ...
NINJA COOKER POT ROAST RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
INSTANT POT BEEF POT ROAST - COMPLETE GUIDE - MOM'S DINNER
SUPER EASY POT ROAST RECIPE | SAY MMM
SUPER SIMPLE POT ROAST • RECIPES CANADIAN CLUB FLYERS
INSTA POT VENISON ROAST RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What makes perfectperfect pot roast so good?Perfect pot roast is hard to beat. It’s rich and flavorful, filled with soft root vegetables and ultra-tender shreds of meat that basically melt in your mouth. And the gravy—made by thickening the cooking liquid—is so good, I could smother just about anything in the stuff.
What can you cook in an Instant Pot with 6 ingredients?10 Easy Instant Pot Dinners That Require 6 Ingredients or Less. 1 Instant Pot Salsa Chicken. Credit: My Hot Southern Mess. View Recipe. You don't even need to thaw the chicken breasts to make this Tex-Mex inspired ... 2 Instant Pot Corned Beef. 3 Instant Pot Frozen Salmon. 4 Instant Pot Meatloaf. 5 Instant Pot Turkey Breast. More items
What is the best roast to cook in slow cooker?At low-and-slow cooking temperatures, connective tissue releases gelatin, infusing both the meat and the cooking liquid with rich, juicy flavor. Our go-to choice is chuck roast (also called chuck-eye roast or chuck shoulder), followed by round roast (also called rump roast).