SWEET AND SPICY GREEN BEANS
- Arrange a steamer basket in a pot over boiling water, and steam the green beans 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, garlic, garlic chili sauce, and honey.
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the green beans, and fry for 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in the soy sauce mixture. Continue cooking and stirring 2 minutes, or until the liquid is nearly evaporated. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58.7 calories, Carbohydrate 8.6 g, Fat 2.4 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 513 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
SPICY AND SWEET GREEN BEANS
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Drain and discard liquid from 1 can of green beans; empty both cans into a saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer; add bacon and sweet onion.
- Increase heat to medium-low. Stir cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg into the green beans. Cook the mixture until the onions are transparent but not yet soft, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60.5 calories, Carbohydrate 9.8 g, Cholesterol 3.3 mg, Fat 1.5 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 302.2 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
SWEET & SPICY BEANS
My husband and I love this sweet and savory bean dish. It can be enjoyed as a side, but it's also fun for tortilla and corn chip dipping. -Sondra Pope, Mooresville, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Top with green onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 201 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 4mg cholesterol, Sodium 712mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
SWEET AND HOT QUICK PICKLED GREEN BEANS
- Place the beans in a heatproof container.
- In a pot, heat the vinegar and 2 cups water to a simmer. Take off the heat and add the mustard seeds, salt, sugar, red pepper and garlic. Whisk until the salt and sugar dissolve.
- Pour the liquid over the green beans. Let cool, and then cover and place in the refrigerator. Allow the beans to pickle 24 hours before using. Pickled green beans will keep tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
SPICY PICKLED GREEN BEANS
These snappy, spicy, garlicky beans are tasty on a relish tray, nestled alongside a hot dog, or used as a stirrer for a Bloody Mary. A blend of crushed red pepper and cayenne creates a well-rounded heat.
Provided by Marisa McClellan
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Submerge 3 pint jars on a rack in a large pot of water. Cover and bring to a rolling boil, then reduce heat to low to keep jars warm until ready to fill.
- Combine vinegar, water, and pickling salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Working with one jar at a time, remove empty jars from canning pot and add 1/3 of crushed red and cayenne peppers to each. Pack green beans into jars, leaving 1/2 inch for headspace.
- Slowly pour hot brine over beans, leaving 1/2 inch for headspace. Use a clean wooden chopstick to work air bubbles out of jars. Slip in additional beans if space allows; check headspace again and add more brine if necessary to bring to 1/2 inch from top.
- Wipe jar rims, apply lids and bands (not too tightly), and return jars to canning pot. Cover pot and return water to a rolling boil. Process for 10 minutes. Turn off heat, remove pot lid, and let jars stand in the cooling water 5 minutes to help ensure a good vacuum seal.
- Move jars to a folded kitchen towel or wooden cutting board to cool completely before checking seals. Any unsealed jars should be refrigerated and eaten promptly. Store sealed jars in a cool, dark place. Sealed jars are shelf-stable at least 1 year.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 18.4 calories, Carbohydrate 3.4 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 0.8 g, Sodium 585.5 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
More about "sweet and spicy green beans recipes"
SWEET AND SPICY SKILLET GREEN BEANS | IT IS A KEEPER
4.9/5 (22)Total Time 16 minsCategory Side DishCalories 91 per serving
- Add salt to a sauce pan filled with water and bring to a boil; Cook green beans in boiling, salted water for one minute.
SWEET PICKLED GREEN BEANS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
Servings 48Calories 38 per serving See details »
SWEET AND SPICY GREEN BEANS - BEYOND FROSTING
Servings 2Total Time 25 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Boil the green beans 7-10 minutes until fork tender, but still al dente.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and green beans and stir to coat. Next add the soy sauce, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Sauté for 5-7 minutes until the soy sauce evaporates or until the green beans are cooked through. Serve immediately.
SWEET AND SPICY GREEN BEANS | I WASH YOU DRY
Reviews 8Category Side DishCuisine AsianTotal Time 20 mins
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the green beans in the hot water and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, till they turn a bright green and are still crisp-tender. Drain and run cold water over them, drain again.
- Meanwhile heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sesame (or peanut) oil to the wok and add in the garlic and ginger, stirring for 20 seconds until fragrant. Add the onion and cook until they turn soft and nearly translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans and the remaining ingredients to the wok. Stir to combine and the sauce coats the green beans and starts to slightly caramelize the green beans, about 3 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
SWEET AND SPICY GREEN BEANS RECIPE FROM H-E-B
Servings 4Category Side DishProtein 3 gTotal Time 25 mins See details »
SWEET-AND-SPICY GINGER GREEN BEANS | CHRISTOPHER KIMBALL’S ...
Servings 4Total Time 10 minsCategory Sides See details »
SWEET PICKLED GREEN BEANS - LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- In each jar add equal amounts of the peppercorns, 1/2 teaspoon dill seed, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed, 1/4 teaspoon anise seed, 2 dill sprigs and 1 bay leaf.
MILK STREET’S SWEET AND SPICY GINGER GREEN BEANS - A ...
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4Total Time 18 mins
- In a large non-stick skillet with high sides and a lid (or a Dutch oven), heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium high. Once the oil begins to smoke, add green beans and do not stir for three minutes or until they are starting to sear on the bottoms. Add water and cover.
- Move the beans to the outside edge of the pan and add the remaining oil and stir in the ginger and pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds.
SWEET AND SPICY ASIAN-STYLE GREEN BEANS | VALERIE'S KITCHEN
Reviews 5Category Side Dish, VegetableCuisine AsianTotal Time 10 mins
- Place green beans in a microwave safe dish. Add 1/4 cup water and cover dish with a paper towel. Cook, covered, in microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, till barely softened. Remove green beans from the dish and blot dry with paper towels.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green beans, and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, garlic, and honey. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking and stirring 2 to 3 minutes, or until the green beans are fork tender. Be careful not to overcook. Serve immediately.
SWEET AND SPICY GREEN BEANS - COOK NOURISH BLISS
5/5 (1)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
- Add the green beans to a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and honey, then sprinkle with the salt and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine. If the green beans are not all lightly coated with oil, drizzle on a little more and toss again. Spread in an even layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until tender and browned. Season with additional salt and red pepper flakes to taste, if needed. Serve!
SWEET PICKLED GREEN BEANS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 30 minsCalories 12 per serving
- Place a large bowl of ice water next to the stove. Bring a large pot of water to a boil in a large pot. Add half of the green beans, cover, return to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the beans to the ice water to cool. Repeat with the remaining beans.
- Drain the cooled beans and divide among 6 pint-size (2-cup) canning jars or similar-size tempered-glass or heatproof-plastic containers with lids. Add 1 to 3 chile peppers to each jar.
- Combine vinegar, 3 cups water, sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar and salt dissolve. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Carefully fill jars (or containers) with brine to within 1/2 inch of the rim, covering the beans completely. (Discard any leftover brine.)
OUR FAVORITE SWEET AND SPICY DINNER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Carl Hanson See details »
SWEET AND SPICY GREEN BEANS | PEACE LOVE AND LOW CARB
5/5 (10)Total Time 25 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 233 per serving See details »
SWEET AND SPICY GREEN BEANS - THE DARLING APRON
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side DishServings 4Total Time 25 mins See details »
SWEET SPICY REFRIGERATOR PICKLED GREEN BEAN RECIPE ...
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Side Dish Or SnackTotal Time 10 mins See details »
SWEET AND SPICY GREEN BEANS | DIET LIMITED 1781
See details »
SPICY GREEN BEANS RECIPE BY EMILY JACOBS - TRADITIONAL ...
See details »
SWEET AND SPICY GREEN BEANS - GREEN BEANS
See details »
SWEET SPICY BEANS RECIPES
See details »
SWEET AND SPICY GREEN BEANS – BODY BY TODD LIFESTYLE
See details »
You'll also love