PORK LETTUCE CUPS
Tasty pork and veggies with noodles, roasted peanuts and a sweet chilli soy dressing, all wrapped up in a big lettuce leaf. A fun and delicious weeknight meal!
Provided by Josie
Number Of Ingredients 20
- COOK PORKHeat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until starting to brown. Add pork mince, dissolved chicken stock and fish sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes, breaking up the mince, until the pork is cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- While pork is cooking, dice beans and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Grate carrot, and finely slice spring onions, chilli and mint leaves. Add beans, carrot, spring onions, chilli and mint to pork mixture. Dissolve sugar in the lime juice and add this as well. Reduce to a gentle simmer while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- PREPARE NOODLESPlace noodles in a heatproof bowl and pour over chicken stock dissolved in boiling water. Leave to sit for 5 minutes, then drain.
- MAKE DRESSINGWhisk together soy sauce, sweet chilli and vinegar.
- ASSEMBLEFill lettuce leaves with noodles, pork mixture and peanuts. Drizzle over dressing and finish with a squeeze of lime. Wrap up as best as you can and eat with your hands!
STICKY PORK LETTUCE WRAPS
Let people build their own with these sticky pork lettuce wraps - they'll prove a winner with kids. They're perfect for a summer lunch or light dinner
Provided by Lulu Grimes
Categories Lunch, Main course, Starter, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Make the marinade by mixing the soy with the honey, brown sugar, spices and 1 tbsp water. Put the pork in a shallow bowl, pour the marinade over, turning to make sure the steaks are well coated, then leave to marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Mix the carrot with the lime juice and caster sugar. Brush a piece of foil with oil and line the grill pan. Grill the pork steaks (or griddle if you prefer) for 4 mins each side. Keep an eye on them in case the sugar in the marinade starts to blacken. When cooked, cut the pork into strips.
- Put the lettuce leaves out on a board and divide the pork between them. Add some carrot and cucumber, then fold in both ends of the lettuce leaf and roll up from one side to contain the filling. Serve with sweet chilli sauce, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 21 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 21 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 21 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
SWEET CHILLI PORK
This is from the Easy Thai Cooking recipe book. I always use this recipe to use up leftover roast pork. It has become quite a favourite in our house and is simple to make. I also substitute fresh chilli with bottled chilli to save time and a special shopping trip. Without the coriander it is not quite the same. I also double the sauce ingredients to add more flavour to the rice.
Provided by PetaBot
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in large frying pan.
- Add onions, chilli and pork and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, water and fish sauce and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or until sauce is thick and syrupy, stirring while cooking.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve with steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371.7, Fat 14, SaturatedFat 3.5, Cholesterol 73.8, Sodium 426.4, Carbohydrate 33.5, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 29.6, Protein 27.7
PORK & CHILLI LETTUCE CUPS
Take the stress out of entertaining by getting ahead on your party nibbles. The filling in these pork lettuce cups can be frozen for up to two months
Provided by Shivi Ramoutar
Categories Snack, Starter
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the shallot, lemongrass, garlic and chilli for 3 mins until fragrant. Add the pork mince and stir-fry for about 10 mins more until the pork is cooked through and browned. Add the fish sauce, sugar and lime juice, and cook for a couple more minutes until the pork is coated in the mixture. To freeze, leave to cool completely, then transfer to a freezer bag, seal and lay flat in the freezer (so the mince stays in a thin layer). Will keep for up to two months. Defrost in the fridge overnight before using. Reheat in a dry frying pan over a low heat until piping hot.
- Divide the pork mince between the lettuce leaves and garnish with the spring onions, carrots and herbs, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 42 calories, Fat 3 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 1 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 0.5 grams sugar, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
More about "sweet chilli pork in lettuce cups recipes"
PORK LETTUCE CUPS - VJ COOKS
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 25 minsCuisine Asian FusionCalories 536 per serving
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add pork and fry for 5 minutes break up mince with a wooden spoon.
- Add sesame oil, hoisin, soy and fish sauce then mix through the pork mixture. Stir together for a few minutes until everything is cooked through
- To serve: pile lettuce leaves with pork mixture, bean sprouts, peanuts and spring onion. Add extra toppings of your choice and serve immediately.
SWEET AND SOUR PORK IN LETTUCE CUPS RECIPE - TODD PORTER ...
Servings 4Total Time 30 mins
- In a skillet, heat the canola oil. Add the onion and stir-fry over moderate heat until softened and golden, 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up the meat, until browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in the honey, fish sauce and sesame oil and cook, stirring, until no traces of pink remain in the pork, about 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir the lime zest and lime juice into the pork and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lettuce cups on a serving platter. Fill with the pork and garnish with scallions. Serve with lime wedges.
RECIPE: SWEET CHILI PORK LETTUCE CUPS WITH PEPPER RICE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCuisine AsianCalories 690 per serving
PF CHANG-INSPIRED GROUND PORK LETTUCE CUPS - …
Estimated Reading Time 6 minsTotal Time 30 mins
SWEET CHILI PORK LETTUCE WRAP WITH CRISPY RICE NOODLES ...
Total Time 15 minsCalories 500 per serving
SPICY PORK LETTUCE CUPS | FOOD TO LOVE
Cuisine AsianCategory Midweek Dinner, Workday LunchesServings 6Total Time 20 mins
- Heat oils and sauté onion, garlic, chilli and ginger in a large frying pan until soft. Add mince and fry until cooked.
- Place in a big bowl, garnish with red onion, coriander and chilli and serve with a platter of lettuce leaves, a bowl of rice and a bowl of roasted peanuts to share.
- Take a leaf, fill with a spoonful of rice, top with a spoonful of pork and a few peanuts, roll up and enjoy.
SLOW-COOKED STICKY SWEET CHILLI PORK BELLY RECIPE ...
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 645 per serving
- Marinade pork belly in soy sauce, bean paste, honey, sesame oil, ginger and garlic for 30-60 minutes.
- Arrange pork belly slices in a single layer on a baking tray. Transfer to the hot oven, and bake for 45 minutes.
SPICY GINGER PORK WITH CRISPY LETTUCE CUPS - HEALTHY FOOD ...
4/5 Total Time 20 minsCategory MainsCalories 540 per serving
- 1 In a heavy-based pan, heat half the sesame oil over medium-high. Add garlic, ginger, spring onion and kumara. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 2 Add pork mince and cook, stirring to break up mince, for 5 minutes. Add chilli paste and a dash of hot water. Mix well. Add wine and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- 4 To serve, divide pork mixture among lettuce cups. Sprinkle with soy sauce, seeds, chilli, remaining sesame oil and reserved spring onions.
SWEET CHILI GINGER CHICKEN LETTUCE CUPS RECIPE - HOME …
Total Time 40 minsCalories 430 per serving
CHILLI PORK LETTUCE CUPS - MAIN COURSE - WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY
Cuisine ThaiCategory MainServings 2Total Time 30 mins
PORK BALLS IN LETTUCE CUPS – MID-WEEK MUNCH UP! - SHARED ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
SWEET CHILLI PORK AND PEPPER NOODLES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine ChineseCategory Main CourseServings 1
ASIAN PORK LETTUCE CUPS | DONAL SKEHAN | EAT LIVE GO
SWEET CHILLI PORK IN LETTUCE CUPS RECIPE - FOOD.COM ...
SWEET CHILI SAUCE PORK RECIPES - CHILI RECIPE
SWEET CHILLI PORK IN LETTUCE CUPS | FOOD TO LOVE
PORK LETTUCE WRAPS COOKING LIGHT - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
ASIAN PORK LETTUCE CUPS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SWEET CHILI PORK LETTUCE BOATS WITH KALE – GREAT TASTES OF ...
NEW ZEALAND PORK ASIAN STYLE LETTUCE CUPS
SWEET CHILLI PORK IN LETTUCE CUPS - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
SWEET CHILLI PORK IN LETTUCE CUPS | SWEET CHILLI, PORK ...
SWEET CHILLI PORK IN LETTUCE CUPS RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #south-west-pacific #main-dish #pork #vegetables #asian #australian #easy #spicy #inexpensive #meat #taste-mood #savory
You'll also love