PORK CHOPS WITH SWEET POTATO
"As snowbirds originally from Iowa, we love these tender chops and sweet potatoes with an orange sauce in the fall, no matter where we are," explains Jean Nieman from Mesa, Arizona.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with sweet potato; drizzle with butter. , In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, salt, ginger, mace and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over sweet potato., Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the pork reaches 160° and potato is tender. Remove pork and potato; keep warm. Pour pan juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with pork and sweet potato.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 84mg cholesterol, Sodium 252mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
TENDER SWEET 'N' SOUR PORK CHOPS
The recipe for these moist, tender pork chops was given to me years ago by my best friend. It's become one of my family's favorites and we enjoy it often. Hope you do, too! -Gina Young, Lamar, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm. , Add the water, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce to skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. , Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 55mg cholesterol, Sodium 265mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SWEET PORK CHOP OR LOIN CASSEROLE
I adopted this recipe concept from this site- but, I think I changed it so much , it would be unrecognizable. My family loves it too and I love this recipe because, it's quick and easy. I like the addition of the cinnamon,nutmeg and orange juice with the sweet potatoes.
Provided by Pat Duran
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. Casserole: Cook chops in skillet until brown on both sides. Place in ungreased 9x13-inch baking dish; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Combine soup mix , water,orange juice, sugar and spices. Mix well. Pour over chops.Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 375^. Arrange potatoes around chops. Spoon juice from pan over chops and potatoes. Top each chop with orange and apple slices. --- Topper: Mix baking mix and the orange juice; beat vigorously 30 seconds. Drop dough by 12 Tablespoons onto chops and potatoes. Bake uncovered until biscuits are light brown, 20-25 minutes. Spoon juice from pan over each serving.
More about "sweet pork chop or loin casserole recipes"
DUMP AND BAKE PORK CHOP CASSEROLE - 2 COOKIN MAMAS
Ratings 2Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
PORK CHOP CASSEROLE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
4.5/5 (15)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 555 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 400° and have ready a greased 9x13" casserole dish. In a small bowl, stir together Panko bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside until ready to use.
- Place a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, potatoes, cream, 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and cook for 12-14 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the potatoes are fork-tender, remove from the heat. Using a slotted spoon or a skimmer, transfer the potato and onion mixture to the prepared casserole dish, along with 1 cup of cheese and 2 teaspoons rosemary. Then, pour 1 cup of cream from the saucepan evenly over the potatoes and discard of any remaining liquid. Set the casserole dish aside while you prepare the pork chops.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon of Rosemary. Rub until the chops are evenly coated with oil and seasoning, and place across the top of the potatoes, slightly nestling them downward.
PORK CHOP CASSEROLE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory CasseroleCalories 495 per serving
CHEESY PORK LOIN CASSEROLE | SO DELICIOUS
4.4/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCuisine FusionCalories 850 per serving
- For the meat: Place 4 slices of pork loin into a 9-inch long oval baking dish. Season with salt and pepper, then evenly spread half a cup of grated mozzarella over it. Set it aside.
- For the bacon and mushroom mixture: Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add the bacon. Stir until it starts changing color.
- Add the onion. Cook and stir until tender. Add the chili and brown mushrooms. Cook and stir for 1 minute or so.
- Add the heavy cream, turmeric, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, stir and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat.
OLD FASHIONED PORK CHOP CASSEROLE - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
4/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 588 per serving
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sear both sides of the pork chops. Remove and set aside.
PORK CHOP CASSEROLE RECIPE | PORK CHOP CASSEROLE WITH ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 557 per serving
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt and 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) pepper. Dredge the pork chops in seasoned flour, coating evenly and shaking off excess. Discard the excess flour mixture.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook pork chops, turning once, for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13- by 9-inch (33 by 23 cm) glass baking dish.
- 3. Layer half the sweet potatoes over the pork chops. Sprinkle with one-third of the brown sugar. Layer half the apples over the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with another third of the brown sugar. Layer with the remaining sweet potatoes, apples and brown sugar. Pour wine over the mixture and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
PORK LOIN CHOP CASSEROLE | AUSTRALIAN PORK
Servings 4Total Time 4 hrsEstimated Reading Time 30 secs
EASY PORK AND NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.4/5 (53)Total Time 1 hr 55 minsCategory Entree, Dinner, PastaCalories 727 per serving
42 EASY AND TASTY PORK CHOP CASSEROLE RECIPES BY HOME ...
10 BEST BAKED PORK CHOP CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST PORK LOIN CHOP CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PORK CHOP AND SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
PORK CHOP AND SWEET POTATO BAKE RECIPE | OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC
Cuisine MeatCategory Main DishServings 4
EASY PORK CHOPS WITH SWEET AND SOUR GLAZE - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.7/5 (9)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 4
PORK CHOP CASSEROLE Y’ALL... - COOKING WITH BRENDA GANTT
20+ PORK CHOP RECIPES FOR FALL | EATINGWELL
PORK CHOPS WITH SWEET TOMATO CHUTNEY RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SLOW COOKER SWEET AND SOUR PORK CHOPS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SWEET BACON WRAPPED PORK LOIN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
PORK CHOP CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SWEET SPICY PORK CHOP CASSEROLE RECIPES
BONELESS PORK CHOP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PORK CHOP HOMINY CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
PORK CHOP AND SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PORK LOIN CHOP CASSEROLE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook pork loin chops in a pan?Directions Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Add the water, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce to skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Return chops to the pan.
How to cook sweet potatoes and pork chops in oven?Sprinkle with brown sugar. Season with 2 teaspoons pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover, and bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until sweet potatoes are tender and pork chops have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
How to cook pork chops in a crock pot?1. Season the pork chops generously with salt and pepper, then brown in a pan over a high heat. 2. Combine the pork chops, vegetables (and fruit if using) and cooking liquid in a lidded casserole dish. 3. Bake at a low-moderate heat for 2 hours, add cream and bake for a final 30 minutes.
How do you make creamy pork chops?The addition of a creamy component helps make them richer and even more delicious. 1. Season the pork chops generously with salt and pepper, then brown in a pan over a high heat. 2. Combine the pork chops, vegetables (and fruit if using) and cooking liquid in a lidded casserole dish. 3.