CHEESY HAM AND SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
Picked this up some years back at the state fair from the California Sweet Potato Council. This dish is very rich and filling and was the only way DS would eat sweet potatoes when he was young.
Provided by Debbwl
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Wash sweet potatoes. Cook unpeeled sweet potatoes, covered, in small amount of boiling salt water untill tender, about 20 to 30 minutes. Cool. Peel and slice 1/4 inch thick; set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onion, cook until tender. Remove from heat; stir in flour, salt, basil, mustard and pepper. Cook over low heat until bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in milk all at once. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir one minute. Remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese and the ham.
- Pour half of mixture into greased 2 quart casserole. Arrange half of sweet potaotoes on top. Repeat layers. Bake at 350*F, 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 3 to 4 minutes longer, or until cheese has melted.
SWEET POTATO HAM CASSEROLE
"If you like sweet potatoes, this is a great way to serve them," says Barbara Smith of Cannon Falls, Minnesota. "It's so easy to make this meal-in-one dish. I like to think of the marshmallows on top as dessert!"
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Peel sweet potato and cut into chunks. Place in a microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 7-9 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside., Cut ham into two pieces. In a skillet, brown ham in butter on both sides. In a bowl, combine pineapple juice and brown sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over ham. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened., Transfer ham to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Place sweet potato and pineapple around edge of dish. Pour brown sugar mixture over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle marshmallows around edge. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until the marshmallows are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 1520mg sodium, Carbohydrate 60g carbohydrate (41g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
QUICK AND EASY HAM WITH SWEET POTATOES
I love to eat ham and sweet potatoes all year round. I came up with this easy ham and sweet potato dish that also makes clean up a breeze. Serve with a vegetable and/or side salad and rolls and you will have a complete, satisfying meal.
Provided by Dog Lovin' Mama
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Tear off two large sheets of aluminum foil. Place one ham slice onto each piece of foil, and sprinkle brown sugar on both sides. Spread a little bit of the crushed pineapple over the ham, then top with sweet potatoes. Sprinkle a little bit more brown sugar and pineapple over the sweet potatoes. Close the aluminum foil tightly around the ham, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and carefully open the packets. Sprinkle miniature marshmallows over the top, and return to the oven with the foil open. Bake for another 10 minutes. If you want the marshmallows really toasty, you could brown them under the broiler for a couple of minutes. You will end up with a sweet, juicy ham dish and very few dishes to wash.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511.4 calories, Carbohydrate 110.5 g, Cholesterol 27.4 mg, Fat 2.5 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 13.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 859.3 mg, Sugar 68.2 g
SLOW-COOKER HAM AND SWEET POTATOES
Sweet and savory in equal measure, this impressively easy slow-cooker dish is a meal in one pot, and it's as great on a weeknight as it is for a special occasion. A glaze made with brown sugar, honey, thyme and ginger cooks with a boneless ham, sliced sweet potatoes and sweet onions, bringing out the natural balance of sweet and savory that each ingredient has. It's a crowd-pleasing meal that requires minimal effort for memorable results!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Spray 6-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Make cuts about 1 inch apart and 1/4 inch deep in diamond pattern in top of ham. Place ham cut side down in center of slow cooker. Arrange potatoes and onion evenly around ham. Pour broth on top of potatoes and onion.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Pour mixture on top of ham, potatoes and onion.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender and instant-read thermometer inserted in center of ham reads at least 145°F. Remove ham to cutting board; cover loosely with foil, and let stand 15 minutes.
- To serve, cut ham into slices, and transfer to serving dish. With slotted spoon, transfer potatoes and onions to serving dish with ham. Spoon some of the cooking juices on top of ham, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Carbohydrate 43 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 4 g, Protein 34 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 2290 mg, Sugar 23 g, TransFat 0 g
SWEET POTATO HAM BAKE
Three ingredients are all Jennette Fourne needs for this colorful hot dish, sized perfectly for two. "It's a good way to use up ham from the holidays," she writes from Detroit, Michigan.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, layer half of the sweet potatoes, ham and cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 8-10 minutes longer of until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411 calories, Fat 19g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 89mg cholesterol, Sodium 1482mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
CHEESY HAM AND SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - (3.5/5)
Provided by á-46587
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Wash sweet potatoes. Cook unpeeled sweet potatoes, covered, in small amount of boiling salt water untill tender, about 20 to 30 minutes. Cool. Peel and slice 1/4 inch thick; set aside. 2. Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onion, cook until tender. Remove from heat; stir in flour, salt, basil, mustard and pepper. Cook over low heat until bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in milk all at once. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir one minute. Remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese and the ham. 3. Pour half of mixture into greased 2 quart casserole. Arrange half of sweet potatoes on top. Repeat layers. Bake at 350*F, 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 3 to 4 minutes longer, or until cheese has melted. Servings:6
SCALLOPED SWEET POTATOES WITH HAM
This recipe was born back in the early '70s when I offered to help in my mother-in-law's kitchen's at Thanksgiving. I asked where each key ingredient was, and was given the answer "don't have it, I have this." The original recipe was nothing even close to this one. I made the original later; I like this one better.
Provided by Cook In Northwest
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Gently boil the sweet potatoes until the skins can be slipped (a fork will easily pierce the potato, but not go into the center.) Drain the potatoes. Cool until they can be handled, then slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a double boiler, melt the butter. Add the onions and let them cook until translucent. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir a few minutes until it is thickened and slightly changes color. Stirring, gradually add the milk. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese until melted, then remove from heat.
- Spray a 9" x 13" rectangle baking dish with Pam or grease it. Then layer 1/2 the sliced potatoes, 1/2 the ham, 1/2 the cheese sauce twice.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake 30 minutes at 350°F.
HOLIDAY HAM AND POTATO CASSEROLE
I'm showing you how to serve an amazing holiday meal to a crowd using only 1 pound of ham, which is one way to go if the budget is a little tight. Or, if you do end up serving a whole ham, this recipe is perfect for the leftovers.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Potato Casseroles
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat butter in a pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté with a pinch of salt until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, just to take off that starchy, raw edge, about 2 minutes. Pour in heavy cream and whisk to combine. Whisk in milk. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until it just starts to simmer and thicken up. Add 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and cayenne. Grate in nutmeg.
- Turn off heat. Stir in Worcestershire and fresh thyme leaves. Reserve until needed.
- Cover the bottom of a deep 10x15-inch casserole dish with about 25% of the reserved sauce. Add a layer of sliced potatoes, seasoning the tops with some of the remaining salt as desired; ladle over 1/3 of the sauce and sprinkle over 1/3 of the grated Cheddar cheese. Layer in ½ of the sliced ham.
- Place another layer of sliced potatoes on top and season with salt. Ladle over ½ of the remaining sauce; repeat layering with Cheddar cheese and ham.
- Place last layer of potatoes on top. Ladle over remaining sauce and spread out with a spatula. Sprinkle over remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven until browned, bubbling, and potatoes are very tender, about 1 ½ hours. Let cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 765.4 calories, Carbohydrate 56.2 g, Cholesterol 163.2 mg, Fat 49.2 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 27.9 g, Sodium 1328.5 mg
More about "sweet potato ham casserole recipes"
TONIGHT’S DINNER: SWEET POTATO & HAM CASSEROLE RECIPE
BEST CHEESY HAM & POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - DELISH
CAMPBELL SOUP RECIPES: LEFTOVER HAM CASSEROLE RECIPE
EASY SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE | KITCHN
CREAMY HAM AND POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
HAM, APPLE, AND SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.2/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Entree, Dinner, BrunchCalories 449 per serving
OUR BEST 30+ SIDE DISHES FOR HAM (+ RECIPES) | RECIPE IN 2022
SCALLOPED SWEET POTATOES WITH HAM - $5 DINNERS | RECIPES & MEAL …
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
TRISHA YEARWOOD SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE (EASY SOUFFLE RECIPE)
SWEET AS HONEY KETO RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SWEET POTATO AND HAM BAKE - LIFE:BEAUTIFUL MAGAZINE
HAM, APPLES AND SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - CDKITCHEN
LEFTOVER HAM CASSEROLE WITH POTATOES & CHEESE - OH SWEET BASIL
MASHED POTATO AND HAM CASSEROLE - RICARDO
AU GRATIN HAM, POTATOES, AND SWEET POTATOES - CAN'T STAY OUT OF …
HAM AND SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | MOMS WHO THINK
LEFTOVER HAM CASSEROLE - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
HAM AND POTATO CASSEROLE PIONEER WOMAN - CHEFS & RECIPES
HAM AND SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SUNDAY SUPPER HAM AND SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE
CHEESY HAM & POTATO CASSEROLE - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
EGG, HAM & SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE - WYSE GUIDE
SWEET POTATO RECIPES FOR EASTER - THERESCIPES.INFO
POTATO RECIPES | THE LITTLE POTATO COMPANY | POTATO CASSEROLE, …
CHEESY HAM AND MASHED POTATO CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHEESY HAM AND POTATO CASSEROLE - 40 APRONS
SCALLOPED SWEET POTATO & HAM CASSEROLE - ITS ALL ABOUT AIP
SWEET POTATO HASH BROWN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - CAFE DELITES
SWEET POTATO TOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - EASYHEALTH LIVING
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE - MAMA LOVES FOOD
SWEET POTATO, HAM, AND CHEESE SKILLET - ROTI N RICE
SWEET POTATO AND COUNTRY HAM HASH - SOUTHERN CAST IRON | RECIPE …
HAM AND SCALLOPED SWEET POTATOES - CAN'T STAY OUT OF …
HONEYBAKED HAM SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOX19
CHEESY HAM AND MASHED POTATO CASSEROLE - SWEET CS DESIGNS
HAM SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CHEESY HAM CASSEROLE - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
HAM AND SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you assemble a baked ham and sweet potato casserole?To assemble casserole: peel and slice sweet potatoes. Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with avocado oil cooking spray. Add half of the sliced sweet potatoes. Add half of the chopped ham pieces. Dollop half of the sauce over top of ham. Put remaining half of the sweet potatoes over top of the sauce.
How to cook a Ham in the microwave with sweet potato?Directions. Peel sweet potato and cut into chunks. Place in a microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 7-9 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside. Cut ham into two pieces. In a skillet, brown ham in butter on both sides. In a bowl, combine pineapple juice and brown sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over ham.
How to cook sweet potatoes in the oven?Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish and set aside. Cook the sweet potatoes in a large pot of boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, about four minutes.
What to do with ham and sweet potatoes?Ham and sweet potatoes are a common choice for holiday dinners, but who says you can only have this yummy combo once a year? Why not combine them for a casserole that will make your average week night dinner extra special?