SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP
I'm a family physician who loves to try new recipes. This tasty cold-weather soup has garnered many warm compliments from family and friends. They rave over it.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, combine the sweet potatoes, water, 3/4 teaspoon salt and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until tender. , Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, cook and stir the pears and onion in butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in grape juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir into the sweet potato mixture. Cool slightly., In a blender, cover and puree soup in batches; return all to one of the pans. Stir in the cream, pepper and remaining salt; heat through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Fat 10g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 554mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (25g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
SWEET POTATO-PEAR SOUP
Looking for a warm dinner? Then check out this hearty sweet potato and pear soup ready in less than an hour.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and celery in oil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except fresh thyme. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Into blender or food processor, add half of the soup. Cover; blend on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth; return to saucepan. Blend remaining soup. Heat blended soup 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Garnish with fresh thyme.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 6 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 420 mg, Sugar 17 g, TransFat 0 g
SWEET POTATO & PEAR SOUP
- In a pot, heat butter on medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and saute for 1 minute.
- Add sweet potatoes, pears and thyme and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add paprika and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until sweet potato is soft.
- Puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to pot. Add cream, maple syrup and lime juice. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- If soup is too thick add a little extra broth. Season with salt and pepper, adding more syrup or lime juice as needed.
- Can be made up to 2 days ahead of time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123.3, Fat 2.5, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 3.8, Sodium 91.2, Carbohydrate 23.2, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 9.6, Protein 4.2
SWEET POTATO & PEAR SOUP
This is a delicious soup with a truly different taste and texture from any other soups I have eaten or made. It is nutritious and healthy for day-to-day eating and is also ideal for dinner parties. Be ready to be asked for the recipe! It reheats well, including in the microwave, and makes a great lunch to take to work. It also freezes well, so it's worth making a large quantity when you make it, so that you have some to freeze. Like most soup recipes it is easy to modify to suit your personal preferences. I first came across the basic recipe in two different Murdoch Books publications: Entertaining: Quick Short Recipes and Bowl Food: the new comfort food for people on the move. The first time I made it, the fresh pears at the greengrocers were not yet ripe and I was impatient to try the recipe! So I used canned pears (minus the pear juice, some of which I drank while making the soup). Because the soup was so delicious using the canned pears, I have continued to use them each time I have made this soup. As a garlic lover, I have so far refrained from adding garlic but with winter approaching - for those of us who are down under - I intend to add some next time I make this soup.
Provided by bluemoon downunder
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt the butter in a large pot over a medium heat, and sauté onion for 2-3 minutes until softened but not brown.
- Add the diced sweet potato and diced pear, and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- If using canned pears, only sauté the diced sweet potato at this stage and add the pears later.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, or until the sweet potato (and pears) are soft.
- If including wine in your soup, add this in the last 10 minutes while the soup is simmering.
- Cool the soup for about 30 minutes.
- If using canned pears, drain these well, reserve the juice and add the pears now.
- They will help to cool down the soup.
- There is no need to chop the pears as the soup is about to be processed.
- In batches, process the chicken broth, sweet potatoes and pears until smooth in a blender or a food processor.
- Adjust the thickness of the soup so that it is to your liking by adding either more pears or some of the reserved pear juice, or more wine.
- Return the soup to the pot.
- If serving straight away: gently reheat, without bringing to the boil, stir in a swirl of yogurt and garnish with fresh mint or parsley.
- If serving later: refrigerate after processing.
- If taking to work for lunch: take the required quantity of yogurt in a separate container and spoon onto soup after it has been heated in the microwave.
- If freezing: freeze after processing.
- When ready to serve, defrost, gently reheat, without bringing to the boil, stir in a swirl of yogurt and garnish with fresh mint or parsley.
SWEET POTATO-PEAR-CINNAMON JUICE
Sweet potato may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think about juicing, but we love it combined with pear and cinnamon. Sweet potatoes are a great source of potassium and beta carotene-which your body can convert to vitamin A (good for the skin and night vision). Be sure to drink your juice as soon as possible after it's made for the most nutritious bang. Adding chia seeds helps replace the fiber that is lost in the juicing process.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1 serving (8 to 10 ounces)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Juice the sweet potatoes, then the pear, following your juicer's specific settings for each. Stir in the cinnamon. Stir in the chia seeds if using and let soak for 5 minutes. Serve the juice immediately over ice, if desired.
SWEET POTATO PEAR JALAPENO SOUP
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 large Bermuda onion, chopped 1/4 teaspoon cumin 3/4 teaspoon curry 2 pounds sweet potatoes, cubed 6 cups chicken stock 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 2 tablespoons butter 2 Anjou pears, sliced 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno, diced 1 tablespoon brown sugar 3/4 cup half and half.
SWEET POTATOES 'N' PEARS
- Place the sweet potatoes in a shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 18-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; beat until combined.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 84mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "sweet potato pear soup recipes"
SIMPLE SWEET POTATO & PEAR SOUP RECIPE (FALL FAVOURITE!)
Cuisine CanadianCategory RecipeServings 4Total Time 40 mins
- Toss in the cubed sweet potato and a pinch of salt to the pot. Cook over medium heat for around 5-8 minutes.
- Add, pears to pot along with dried thyme and paprika. Cook for another couple of minutes until fragrant.
SWEET POTATO-PEAR SOUP RECIPE | PEAR SOUP RECIPE, FLORENTINES …
SWEET POTATO PEAR SOUP WITH MISO - PACIFIC NORTHWEST CANNED …
SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
SWEET POTATO-PEAR SOUP - HAVE A PLANT
EASY PEAR & SWEET POTATO SOUP - COOKING ON THE FRONT BURNER
EASY SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP - SWEET POTATO SOUP RECIPES
SWEET POTATO & PEAR SOUP RECIPE - PREPDISH.COM
PEAR AND SWEET POTATO SOUP - LIVE NATURALLY MAGAZINE
SWEET POTATO & PEAR SOUP WITH SAGE RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
SWEET POTATO-PEAR SOUP RECIPE | HGTV
PEAR AND SWEET POTATO SOUP - GOODIE GODMOTHER
BEST BITES: CREAMY SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP - AOL
SWEET POTATO & PEAR SOUP - DUNLOP BROTHERS FAMILY COOKBOOK
SWEET POTATO PEAR SOUP ! | SWEET POTATO, SOUP, POTATOES
SWEET POTATO, PEAR AND GINGER SOUP - CARNATION MILK
SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP - ORGASMIC CHEF
CREAMY PEAR AND SWEET POTATO SOUP - HEALTHY LIVING
SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP RECIPE | SOUP RECIPES | PBS FOOD
VEGAN SWEET POTATO & PEAR HOLIDAY SOUP – OH SHE GLOWS
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
VEGAN SWEET POTATO & PEAR SOUP RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SWEET POTATO PEAR JALAPENO SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP RECIPE BY ROBIN RUNNER ON HONEST …
EASY PEAR POTATO SOUP RECIPE - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
PEAR AND SWEET POTATO SOUP | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
RECIPE BREAKDOWN - THE HAPPY PEAR’S ‘SWEET POTATO COCONUT …
SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP RECIPE
SWEET POTATO PEAR RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ROASTED SWEET POTATO PEAR & SAGE SOUP - IRENE MATYS
SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP | FALL SOUP RECIPES, RECIPES, PEAR SOUP …
SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP - PRINTER FRIENDLY - ALLRECIPES.COM
THE GOOD DISH CHIPOTLE-INFUSED SWEET POTATO & PEAR SOUP
RECIPE - SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP - LCBO
You'll also love