SPICY SZECHUAN CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: corn starch, salt, rice wine, white pepper, soy sauce, scallion, ginger, chicken thighs, vegetable oil, szechuan peppercorn, red chilis, dried red chilis, ginger, scallion, peanuts, sugar, rice wine, sesame oil, scallion
Provided by Tasty
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, add the chopped chicken. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- In about 1 ½ inch (4 cm) of oil, fry the chicken until browned and crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or a large pan. Add the Szechuan peppercorn and dried red chilies. Fry until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the dried red chilies, ginger, scallion, and peanuts. Fry for a minute.
- Add the fried chicken pieces, sugar, rice wine and sesame oil. Toss to coat.
- Garnish with chopped scallions.
- Nutrition Calories: 2870 Fat: 303 grams Carbs: 29 grams Fiber: 11 grams Sugars: 9 grams Protein: 26 grams
SZECHUAN PEPPERCORN CHICKEN
Szechuan peppercorns have a bitter, sweet chili taste and that is what makes their cooking so unique. This is a surprisingly tasty dish great for lunch. Serve cold or at room temerature. Great for using left over chicken. As pointed out in one review be careful with the amount of salt salt as the Soy sauce is very salty in itself.
Provided by Bergy
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Remove seeds from peppercorns (good quality peppercorns have no seeds or only one or two), discard seeds and crush the peppercorns.
- Mix remaining ingredients (except lettuce& chicken).
- Place lettuce on a serving plate and arrange the chicken on it& pour over the sauce.
SICHUAN PEPPER CHICKEN
This tasty recipe is from a Sichuan restaurant in Anshan, China where I taught ESL to Chinese children.
Provided by Member 610488
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, dark soy and cornstarch. Whisk to blend well, and add the chicken to the sauce. Toss to evenly coat the chicken and set aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ketchup, stock, chili garlic sauce and sugar. Stir to combine and set aside until ready to use. Place a wok over high heat and add the vegetable oil to the pan. Swirl the wok to be sure to coat well with the oil. Add the ginger, garlic, green onions, dried chilies and jalapenos to the wok.
- Cook, stirring often until the garlic is fragrant and the chilies begin to brown, about 20 to 30 seconds. Add the chicken, bell peppers and onions to the pan and stir-fry until the chicken is no longer pink, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the pan and bring to a boil, being sure to toss well in order to coat all the chicken and vegetables evenly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle the sesame seeds, sesame oil and cilantro into the pan and toss to combine. Remove from the heat and serve on a platter with steamed white rice.
People also searched
More about "szechuan peppercorn chicken recipes"
BEST SZECHUAN CHICKEN RECIPE - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
5/5 (16)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 333 per serving
- Add about 2 inches of oil to a non-stick or cast iron skillet and place over medium heat. Once hot, fry the chicken until browned and crispy. Fry the chicken in one layer, if needed fry in batches. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Discard oil from the pan, leaving only about 2 tablespoons. Add the Szechuan peppercorns and dried red chilies. Fry for about 1 minute, just until fragrant.
SZECHUAN PEPPERCORN CHICKEN | POSH JOURNAL
4.5/5 (4)Category Main DishServings 4Total Time 25 mins
- In the mixing bowl, marinate the chicken with the marinating sauce. Set aside and let it marinade for at least 15 minutes.
SICHUAN PEPPERCORN CHICKEN | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 411 per serving
- Cook the chicken| In a large pot, add scallion, ginger, Sichuan peppercorn and water. Heat to a boiling, let it simmer for 5 minutes and then turn off fire and stand for 10 minutes. Remember to remove the foams after boiling.Once the meat can be insert through, it is just cooked. Place the chicken leg in iced water
- Cut into large pieces. And transfer chicken to serving plate with smashed cucumber. At the same time, scoop around 1 cup of chicken stock to cool down.
- Make the sauce|Heat around 2 tablespoons of vegetable cooking in a small pot, add garlic, ginger and scallion until aromatic.
BEST SZECHUAN RECIPES USING SZECHUAN PEPPERCORNS ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
CHICKEN WITH SICHUAN PEPPERCORNS RECIPE – THE SPICE HOUSE
4.5/5 (2) See details »
CHICKEN STIR FRY WITH SICHUAN PEPPERCORNS RECIPE | LEITE'S ...
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 25 minsCategory EntreesCalories 204 per serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, 1 teaspoon rice wine, the cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the white pepper. In a small bowl, combine the black soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, chile oil, broth, the remaining 2 teaspoons rice wine, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok over high heat until a bead of water vaporizes within 1 to 2 seconds of contact. Swirl in the vegetable oil, add the dried chiles, and carefully add the chicken, spreading it evenly in the wok. Cook undisturbed 1 minute, until the chicken begins to brown. Then, using a metal spatula, stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until the chicken is browned on all sides but not cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the ginger, garlic, ground Sichuan peppercorns, and scallion to the dry wok and stir-fry for 15 seconds. Return the chicken to the wok and toss to coat. Stir the sauce mixture and carefully swirl it into the wok and stir-fry 30 seconds or until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened. Remove and discard the chiles. Serve immediately.
SZECHUAN CHICKEN - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
Reviews 13Total Time 40 minsCategory Main Dish
- Chicken: Whisk the chicken ingredients (minus chicken) in a shallow bowl or freezer bag. Add chicken and stir until evenly coated. Set aside while you chop the veggies and prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Add peanuts to a large wok or nonstick skillet and toast over medium heat until dark golden in spots. Remove from skillet. (A nonstick skillet will work best with the chicken in the next step unless your skillet is very well seasoned.)
- To the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Once very hot, add chicken in a single layer and cook until golden; flip chicken over and cook an additional 2 minutes, until browned on all sides (does not need to be cooked through). Remove chicken to a plate.
SZECHUAN PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS (PALEO, KETO, WHOLE30) - A ...
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Season with kosher salt and 1 teaspoon of the Szechuan and black pepper powder. Mix until well combined.
EASY SZECHUAN CHICKEN STIR FRY RECIPE - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
Ratings 5Calories 253 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch
- Heat the oil in a large wok or skillet over medium high heat. Shake off the excess cornstarch on the chicken and add it to the pan in batches being sure not to crowd the pan.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown and no longer pink. Transfer to a platter and repeat with the remaining chicken.
SZECHUAN CHICKEN - EASY AND AUTHENTIC | THE FLOURED CAMERA
5/5 (19)Category Main Course, Side DishCuisine ChineseTotal Time 40 mins
- Prepare Sichuan peppercorns and dried chili while waiting for chicken. Toast 1 tsp of peppercorn and then ground with a pestle. Prepare dried chili by slicing vertically and remove seeds.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside. Add whole Sichuan peppercorns and let them toast for 1 minute.
KUNG PAO CHICKEN WITH SICHUAN PEPPERCORN
Reviews 7Servings 4Cuisine ChineseCategory Dinner, Main Course
- In a bowl, combine chicken, soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, corn starch, sugar, and peppercorn. Toss well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the peanut and fry them until they are golden. Take them out and set aside.
- Raise the heat to high and heat the oil until very hot. Add the chicken and stir-fry until the chicken pieces are fully cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove the chicken from the wok and set side with peanuts.
SZECHUAN CHICKEN - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
Ratings 3Calories 428 per servingCategory Dinner
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl with the rest of the marinade ingredients. Stir together, cover and marinade for 30 minutes (or up to a couple of hours – place in the refrigerator if marinading for more than 30 minutes).
- Add the chicken, a piece at a time (you may need to work in 2 batches), and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning a couple of times, until golden.
AUTHENTIC SZECHUAN SAUCE! | FEASTING AT HOME
4.9/5 (34)Calories 88 per servingCategory Sauce
- Toast szechuan peppercorns in a hot dry skillet over medium heat, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Crush.
- If using as a marinade, forgo the cornstarch and make sure to season what you are marinating ( chicken, tofu, beef) with salt. The marinade alone will probably not be salty enough.
SZECHUAN CHICKEN - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
5/5 (5)Calories 392 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add the chopped chicken to a large bowl. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, whisk all of the ingredients except the cornstarch together in a small pot.
SICHUAN PEPPER RECIPE COLLECTION | GOURMET TRAVELLER
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs See details »
RECIPES WITH SZECHUAN PEPPERS | ALLRECIPES
Author Carl HansonEstimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
HOW TO MAKE SZECHUAN CHICKEN | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
SZECHUAN CHICKEN | KHIN'S KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Calories 419 per servingCategory Main Course See details »
MAUI STYLE KUNG PAO CHICKEN RECIPE
Cuisine AsianTotal Time 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 395 per serving See details »
20 GREAT WAYS TO USE SICHUAN PEPPERCORNS
See details »
11 SICHUAN PEPPERCORN RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
See details »
SZECHUAN SEASONING (XINJIANG SPICE) - SILK ROAD RECIPES
See details »
SPECIAL LOCAL CHICKEN RECIPE. SICHUAN PEPPER LOCAL CHICKEN ...
See details »
SZECHUAN/SICHUAN PEPPERCORN CHICKEN STIR-FRY - POULTRY ...
See details »
SZECHUAN CHICKEN - A FAMILY FEAST®
See details »
15-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american lunch main-dish poultry vegetables asian canadian chinese easy dinner-party heirloom-historical holiday-event chicken dietary meat 3-steps-or-less
You'll also love