EASY TACO MAC AND CHEESE
This is a simple macaroni and cheese recipe with a taco twist. There are multiple ways to mix it up and leave out or use ingredients that you do or don't have. Would love feedback on ways you have mixed it up and what tasted best! Thank you for using. When serving, you can also top the dish with lettuce, tomato, onions, and sour cream.
Provided by Sarah Jayne Jeffries
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Add salsa, corn, and taco seasoning. Season meat sauce with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in pasta and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the meat sauce, pasta, Colby-Jack cheese, and green onions in a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379.8 calories, Carbohydrate 30.8 g, Cholesterol 66.1 mg, Fat 19.9 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 21.4 g, SaturatedFat 11.2 g, Sodium 965.5 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
TACO MAC & CHEESE
I came up with this recipe on a night when I was super exhausted after work but wanted to at least attempt to cook something for dinner. This is quick, easy, and delish!
Provided by megs_
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Make box of macaroni and cheese as directed.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning/water.
- Simmer meat mixture for 5 minutes.
- While simmering, add 1 tbsp hot sauce and 1 tbsp butter. Mix well.
- Drain meat.
- Add meat to macaroni and cheese, mix well.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese, mix gently 'til melted.
- Serve! YUM!
TACO MAC 'N' CHEESE
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a large saute pan over high heat, add the ground beef and taco seasoning, reserving 1 tablespoon of the mix for the Perfect Cheese Sauce. Mix thoroughly. Cook, stirring often using a wooden spoon or spatula to break the meat into small crumbles. Continue cooking until the meat releases its liquid, and then cook further until all the liquid has evaporated and the meat begins to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Combine the Perfect Cheese Sauce and cooked pasta in a large bowl. Pour in the cooked meat and stir to combine. Pour into a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Level the pasta with the back of a spoon or spatula. Scatter the grated Cheddar over the pasta. Bake until browned and bubbling, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and let cool 5 minutes.
- Immediately before serving, scatter the sour cream, lettuce and fresh tomato over the mac 'n' cheese.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepot over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring often, until a thick paste forms and turns golden brown. Stir in the taco seasoning and cook 30 seconds more.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, adding 1 cup at a time. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer before adding the next. It will be extremely thick at first and will thin with each addition. When all the milk is added bring the sauce to a simmer and cook 5 more minutes. Whisk in the cream cheese.
- Remove the sauce from the heat. Add the Cheddar and Parmesan and whisk until smooth. The sauce keeps refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or frozen for 6 months. If using from cold, carefully bring the sauce back to a boil before serving.
CRUNCH-TOPPED MAC AND CHEESE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the paprika, turmeric and panko and cook, stirring, until the panko is lightly toasted, about 3 minutes; transfer to a small bowl and set aside for topping.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the carrots and cook until tender, 10 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a blender.
- Add the macaroni to the pot and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta. Add half of the reserved cooking water to the blender with the carrots and puree until smooth.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; whisk in the flour and mustard powder and cook, whisking, 1 minute. Whisk in the evaporated milk and carrot puree; simmer, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheeses until melted. Add the pasta and stir to coat, adding the remaining cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls and top with the panko mixture.
TACO MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: lean ground beef, kosher salt, taco seasoning, Kraft® Macaroni and Cheese Blue Box Original, unsalted butter, milk, Kraft® Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Cholula® Hot Sauce, small tomato, green onion
Provided by KraftHeinz
Yield 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring 6 cups (1 liter) of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the macaroni and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- While the macaroni is cooking, heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook for 5-6 minutes, until browned. Mix in 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Drain the macaroni in a colander (do not rinse), then return to the pot over low heat. Add the butter, milk, cheese sauce mix, ¼ cup (25 G) Kraft® Shredded Cheddar Cheese, and the remaining tablespoon of taco seasoning and stir well until creamy. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Heat the broiler to high.
- Fold the ground beef into the mac and cheese, then transfer to a medium oven-safe container. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup (100 G) Kraft® Shredded Cheddar Cheese on top.
- Broil the mac and cheese for 2-4 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the Cholula® Hot Sauce, then top with the tomato and green onion. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 703 calories, Carbohydrate 46 grams, Fat 40 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 35 grams, Sugar 8 grams
CHEESY TACO MAC & CHEESE
Salsa and ground beef plus our secret (now your secret) blend of spices stirred into everyone's favorite mac and cheese: best thing east or west of the Rio Grande.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Prepare Dinner in large saucepan as directed on pkg.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520, Fat 24 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 890 mg, Carbohydrate 52 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 9 g, Protein 24 g
MACARONI TACO BAKE
Comforting mac and cheese with a touch of taco flavoring and tortilla-chip crunch-no wonder everyone loves it! It's a fun change of pace from regular macaroni. -Elizabeth King, Duluth, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain. Stir in salsa; set aside., Spread macaroni into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with beef mixture, chips and olives; sprinkle with cheese. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° until heated through, 15-20 minutes. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 597 calories, Fat 33g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 105mg cholesterol, Sodium 991mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
TACO MAC AND CHEESE
Guilt-free comfort food? It's possible with this incredible taco mac and cheese recipe! Whole-grain pasta, creamy Mexican cheese and taco seasoning take this meal to the next level.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 1 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt and oil and using minimum cook time. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat squash and broth to boiling over high heat; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir in milk and taco seasoning. Return to boiling; remove from heat. Place squash mixture in blender. Cover; blend on medium speed 20 seconds or until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese until melted. Pour over pasta; mix well. Pour mixture into casserole. Top with tomato slices.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake 4 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Divide pasta mixture among 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon each salsa and sour cream. Crumble 3 tortilla chips over each. Garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400, Carbohydrate 58 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 7 g, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 580 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 0 g
ONE-PAN TACO MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: olive oil, ground beef, small white onion, garlic, taco seasoning, small macaroni, water, beef stock, shredded white cheddar, tomato, green onion
Provided by Iris Tian
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a 4-quart chicken fryer, heat approximately 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat and cook the onions until they begin to soften.
- Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning. Using your spatula, break up the ground beef and stir until cooked. Drain the excess liquid from the pan.
- Add water, beef stock, pasta, tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning back to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring twice to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Increase heat to medium after 15 minutes, and stir pasta until most of the liquid is gone.
- Turn off heat and add the shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Top with green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1023 calories, Carbohydrate 81 grams, Fat 49 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 52 grams, Sugar 13 grams
BAKED, CRUNCHY-TOPPING, MAC N CHEESE
Not your everyday mac n cheese, this recipe is very rich. It is just a tad spicy with the red pepper and dijon mustard. Even with the little bit of spice it is still child friendly. And delicious! I grate my cheese (slowly at that!) so your prep time will be less if you used shredded-from-the-package cheese. You can use unsalted butter in the sauce. If you use regular butter but prefer less salt, then just cut back a bit on the salt listed in the ingredients.
Provided by Lisanne
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Bring a pot of salted water (Who wants bland pasta?) to boil for the macaroni.
- The yummy topping: Melt 2 T unsalted butter
- In a bowl stir melted butter together with crushed Ritz and 1 cup cheddar until well combined. This can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- The yummy sauce: In a 5-quart heavy saucepan melt 3 T butter over med low heat.
- Stir in flour and red pepper flakes.
- Stir about 3 minutes and whisk in milk.
- Bring sauce to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Simmer, whisking occasionally, for about 3 minutes or so.
- Stir in the cream, the 4 cups of cheddar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Remove pan from heat and cover surface of sauce with wax paper.
- Cook macaroni in boiling water, al dente. (per package instructions)
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Drain macaroni.
- Return the macaroni to the pot (off the burner) and mix together the macaroni, reserved cooking water, and the sauce. (The sauce does stick a bit to the wax paper when removed)
- Transfer macaroni mixture to baking dish.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over the macaroni and bake on middle rack for 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden brown and bubbling.
TACO MACARONI SKILLET
- Cook beef in a large skillet, stirring frequently, until brown; drain.
- Stir in water, tomatoes with juice, chiles, and seasoning mix. Cook until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 14 to 16 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in evaporated milk. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Cover; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.6 calories, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 47.3 mg, Fat 8.6 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 15.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 550.9 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
MAC AND CHEESE TACO BAKE
Try something a little different for dinner today when you make our Mac and Cheese Taco Bake. Here's classic mac and cheese combined with all of a taco's best fixins' in one easy baked dish. Mac and Cheese Taco Bake is a creamy, cheesy casserole perfect for comfort food.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare Dinner as directed on package. While Macaroni is cooking, brown meat in skillet; drain. Stir in seasoning mix and water. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- Stir sour cream into prepared Dinner. Spoon half the Dinner mixture into 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with layers of meat mixture, 1 cup shredded cheese and remaining Dinner mixture. Cover.
- Bake 15 min.; top with salsa and remaining shredded cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460, Fat 18 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 1160 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 31 g
More about "taco crunch mac and cheese recipes"
TACO MACARONI AND CHEESE - THE COUNTRY COOK
5/5 (8)Calories 574 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a large pot, boil water and prepare boxed macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- In a separate skillet, brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease. Place meat back in skillet and add taco seasoning and water. Keep heat on medium-low and allow mixture to thicken.
- Top with with some sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and crushed tortillas! Serve with a salad or steamed vegetables.
TACO MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE (20 MIN OR LESS)
MAC AND CHEESE TOPPINGS: A CRISPY, CRUNCHY GUIDE
ONE POT TACO MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - KID & ADULT …
EASY TACO MAC RECIPE (ONE PAN & 30 MINUTES!)
TACO MAC 'N CHEESE | MCCORMICK
TACO MAC & CHEESE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST TACO MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE! - SMART …
Cuisine AmericanCategory Dinner, Lunch
TACO MACARONI AND CHEESE - A FAMILY FEAST®
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 1 hrCategory PastaCalories 637 per serving
TACO MAC AND CHEESE - A FAST, EASY, TASTY RECIPE - URBAN BLISS LIFE
TACO MAC CASSEROLE - MOSTLY HOMEMADE MOM
LOADED TACO MAC AND CHEESE CASSEROLE + VIDEO
30-MINUTE TACO MAC AND CHEESE (QUICK & EASY!) - AVERIE COOKS
STOVETOP TACO MACARONI AND CHEESE - HEALTHYISH FOODS
TACO MAC AND CHEESE - FOODTASTIC MOM
TACO MACARONI & CHEESE ONE POT MEAL - CATHERINE'S PLATES
TACO CHICKEN MAC AND CHEESE - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
TACO MAC AND CHEESE BAKE RECIPE | FOODAL
TACO MAC AND CHEESE - THIS IS NOT DIET FOOD
TACO MAC & CHEESE – $5 DINNERS – JULIA PACHECO
EASY VIRAL TIKTOK TACO MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - FUN HAPPY HOME
ONE POT TACO MAC AND CHEESE | YELLOW BLISS ROAD
EASY TACO MAC AND CHEESE - AILEEN COOKS
MEXICAN BAKED MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - THE RECIPE REBEL
MACARONI GRILL - MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE ?? : MIMICRECIPES
BEST TACO MAC & CHEESE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TACO MAC
BAKED TACO MAC AND CHEESE CASSEROLE (+ VIDEO) - FAMILY FOOD ON …
ONE POT TACO MAC (AN EASY GROUND BEEF DINNER!) - THE RECIPE …
EASY TACO MACARONI AND CHEESE PASTA – BEST HOMEMADE TACO …
TACO DINNER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
ONE PAN TACO MAC AND CHEESE [VIDEO] - 30 MINUTES MEALS
15 CHEESE MAC & CHEESE TACOS RECIPE | SARGENTO® FOODS …
CROCKPOT TACO MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | BUNS IN MY OVEN
TACO CRUNCH MAC AND CHEESE! | RECIPE | TACO MAC AND CHEESE, …
TACO MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | STOUFFER'S® OFFICIAL
7 BEST CHEETOS MAC N CHEESE RECIPES - PASTA.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Taco macaroni and cheese?HOW TO MAKE TACO MACARONI AND CHEESE: In a large pot, boil water and prepare boxed macaroni and cheese according to package directions. In a separate skillet, brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease. Place meat back in skillet and add taco seasoning and water. Keep heat on medium-low and allow mixture to thicken.
How long does it take to make Taco Mac?This Taco Mac is an easy one pot meal made in 30 minutes! With ground beef, macaroni, taco seasoning, and loads of cheddar cheese, it's an instant favorite! Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil, peppers and onions and cook, stirring often, until softened.
What is Taco Mac and cheese made out of?Taco Macaroni and Cheese is the perfect easy weeknight meal you need to add to your meal planning menu! It's a blend of ground beef, macaroni and cheese, and taco seasoning all rolled into one fantastic dish. Once done, add the cooked macaroni and cheese into the meat mixture.
What is the best way to cook macaroni and cheese?In a large pot, boil water and prepare boxed macaroni and cheese according to package directions. In a separate skillet, brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease.