CLASSIC TANDY CAKE
This peanut butter tandy cake recipe is the perfect dish to make for any occasion. It's a great cake to serve on Sunday afternoon when your family is coming over to visit (just like grandma used to make). It's also great for potlucks, parties and showers, and just any old weeknight. The only disadvantage to all of these events is that you'll actually have to share the cake with people! One bite of this tandy cake, with its light and fluffy base and thick layers of chocolate and peanut butter, and you'll be thinking twice about sharing it with anyone. Enjoy this delicious recipe for classic tandy cake. It's one of our favorite vintage recipes!
Provided by RecipeLion.com Test Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs and sugar until mixture is thick and sugar is completely incorporated.
- Whisk in the milk and vanilla until well mixed.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and mix until incorporated but do not overmix.
- Spread into prepared baking pan and bake for 20-30 until golden on top and done when a wooden skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine the peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread evenly over the top of the cake and let the cake cool completely.
- Heat the cream in the microwave or in a saucepan until hot but not boiling.
- In a medium bowl place the chocolate chips and pour the hot cream over. Let stand for 5 minutes then whisk until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the peanut butter layer and smooth it over with an off set spatula.
- Chill in the fridge for at least one hour or longer to firm up.
- Cut into squares.
GRANDMA'S TANDY KAKE
My grandmother made this for all our family gatherings. Everyone loves it now I make it for every party we attend or host. -John Morgan III, Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 24 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in milk and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well., Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack. Spread peanut butter over top; cool completely., In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Gently spread over peanut butter. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 156mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
Baked in a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan, Tandy Cake is a yellow cake with a layer of peanut butter and a hard chocolate glaze. This recipe takes a couple of hours to make but it's worth it! It tastes so good!
Provided by Rebecca Harrison
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x15 inch pan. Sift together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat on high speed of an electric mixer until light and lemon-colored. Beat in the flour mixture. Microwave milk and margarine about 2 minutes, or until it begins to bubble. Stir into batter.
- Pour batter into 10x15 inch pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- When cake is cool, plop peanut butter all over and spread evenly to the edges. Refrigerate to set, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt chocolate and spread evenly over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate to allow chocolate to harden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 616.5 calories, Carbohydrate 75.5 g, Cholesterol 61.1 mg, Fat 30.3 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 13.1 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 197.8 mg, Sugar 56.9 g
PEANUT BUTTER TANDY CAKE
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 15x10x1-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- Make cake batter as directed on box using cake mix, water, oil and eggs. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 17 to 23 minutes (19 to 26 minutes for dark or nonstick pan) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave peanut butter uncovered on High 20 seconds or until softened and spreadable. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto surface of warm cake; spread carefully to cover top. Refrigerate cake to harden the peanut butter, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter uncovered on High 30 seconds. Stir; continue to microwave on High 10 to 20 seconds longer, stirring after 10 seconds until chips are melted. Stir in frosting.
- Spread frosting over peanut butter layer on cake. Store loosely covered.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fat 3 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 270 mg, Sugar 21 g, TransFat 1 g
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 10-by-15-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In a measuring cup, combine the buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until very pale and thick, about 5 minutes. Add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth evenly with an offset spatula. Tap the pan on the counter lightly to release any large air bubbles, then bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Dollop the peanut butter on top and evenly smooth it over the cake as it melts. Transfer the cake to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter and spread it evenly with the offset spatula. Refrigerate until just set, about 20 minutes.
- Cut the cake into squares and refrigerate until ready to serve.
TANDY CAKE MOSS
Yield Makes 24 Squares
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Make cake:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter and flour a 17 1/4- by 11 1/2- by 1-inch jelly-roll pan, knocking out excess flour.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer beat eggs with sugar and vanilla until mixture is very thick, pale, and forms a ribbon when beaters are lifted, about 3 minutes. In a small saucepan bring milk and butter just to a boil. Cover pan and remove from heat. Sift flour and baking powder into egg mixture and beat just until combined. With mixer running add hot milk mixture in a stream and beat just until combined. Spread batter evenly in pan and bake in middle of oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and springs back when touched lightly. Cool cake in pan on a rack.
- Make topping:
- In a small saucepan heat peanut butter over low heat, stirring, just until barely warm and thin enough to spread easily. Spread peanut butter evenly over cake and chill, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until peanut butter is firm. In a double boiler or metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water melt chocolate, stirring, and cool to room temperature.
- Pour chocolate onto cake and spread evenly over peanut butter. Cut cake into 24 squares and chill in pan, uncovered, until chocolate is firm. Recut cake squares and serve chilled or at room temperature.
CAKE MIX TANDY CAKES
These are Tandy Cakes similar to TastycakesBrand but using cake mix. My Daughter and I created these this morning using a couple of different recipes. Enjoy!
Provided by glutenfreeindutchco
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 15 3x3 bars, 15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Stir cake ingredients together until well blended.
- Spread in bottom of greased 10x15 glass cake dish.
- Bake @350 for 12 minutes.
- Spread peanut butter on hot cake.
- Cool cake for several hours OR place on freezer rack until cool.
- Melt chocolate chips in top of double boiler.
- Spread chocolate on top of peanut butter layer.
- Let cool(or chill in freezer).
- Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398.4, Fat 26, SaturatedFat 7.3, Cholesterol 13, Sodium 272.8, Carbohydrate 40.1, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 26.2, Protein 6.8
PEANUT BUTTER TANDY CAKE
This is a clone of Tastycake's "Peanut Butter Tandy Cake" snack cakes. It is easy, inexpensive, and tastes just like the real thing. Great to put in lunch boxes! I guarantee the kids will adore you for this one! Wrap individual pieces in wax paper to put into lunches. Peanut butter, chocolate, and cake...now who could ask for more!?!?!
Provided by Manda
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 1 twelve x fifteen inch sheet cake
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Beat eggs until nice and yellow.
- Add other cake ingredients, except peanut butter and beat well.
- Spread batter onto greased 12x15-inch cookie sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread with peanut butter while still hot.
- When cool, frost with icing.
- To prepare icing, combine all icing ingredients and beat with electric mixer until smooth.
PEANUT BUTTER TANDY BARS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 11x 7 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Mix until light. Stir in the milk and vanilla extract. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir this into the egg mixture until well blended. Pour into prepared pan, spread evenly, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While still warm from the oven, spread the peanut butter over the top of the bars. Then cool in the refrigerator.
- Melt the chocolate candy bar in the microwave or over a double boiler. Spread the melted chocolate over the cooled peanut butter layer and refrigerate again until chocolate is set. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230 calories, Carbohydrate 32.7 g, Cholesterol 31.8 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 130.3 mg, Sugar 22.9 g
More about "tandy cake recipes"
TASTYKAKE TANDY CAKE - THE BEST CAKE RECIPES
Servings 24Calories 300 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350°Fahrenheit. Line a 10x15" jelly roll pan with foil or parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour together with the baking powder and add to the egg mixture a little at a time while stirring on low.
THE BEST TANDY CAKE PEANUT BUTTER WAFFLES RECIPE
TANDY CAKE DESSERT – GLUTEN FREE - FREE COCONUT RECIPES
KETO TANDY CAKE | TANDY CAKE, COOKING, CAKE
RECIPE: TANDY CAKE RECIPE - RECIPELINK.COM
PEANUT BUTTER TANDY CAKE - BAKING A MOMENT
PEANUT BUTTER TANDY CAKE | DUSTY OLD THING
A TANDY BIRTHDAY CAKE - THE MERCHANT BAKER
IRRESISTIBLE PEANUT BUTTER TANDY KAKES - BEYOND THE BUTTER
TASTY KAKE PEANUT BUTTER TANDY CAKE RECIPE - DINNER, …
HOMEMADE TANDY CAKE BARS - THERESCIPES.INFO
TANDY CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TANDY CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PEANUT BUTTER TANDY CAKE - GATHER FOR BREAD
HOMEMADE TANDY CAKE BARS - COOKIE MADNESS
TANDY CAKE RECIPE WITH HERSHEY BARS - RECIPESCLUB.NET
COPYKAT TASTYKAKE TANDY CAKE | RECIPELION.COM
PEANUT BUTTER TANDY CAKES (OR CANDY CAKES) - TASTY KITCHEN
VEGAN COPYCAT PEANUT BUTTER TANDY (KANDY) CAKES
COPYCAT TASTYKAKE TANDY CAKE - BUNNY'S WARM OVEN
TANDY CAKE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
PEANUT BUTTER TANDY CAKE | 12 TOMATOES
TANDY CAKES RECIPE
TANDY CAKES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PEANUT BUTTER TANDY CAKE RECIPES – RECIPE SELF
TASTEY CAKE TANDY CAKE - BUNNY'S WARM OVEN
RECIPE FOR TANDY CAKES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
SMALL CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER TANDY KAKE - BEYOND THE BUTTER
TANDY CAKES — PACOUNTRYCRAFTS
EASY PEANUT BUTTER TANDY CAKE RECIPE | IT IS A KEEPER
TANDY KAKE CAKE BITES RECIPE (MELT IN YOUR MOUTH DELICIOUS!)
TASTY KAKE PEANUT BUTTER TANDY CAKE
TANDY CAKE - YUM TASTE
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER TANDY CAKES - GOLDEN BARREL
RECIPE OF THE WEEK : TANDY CAKE RECIPE - INN AT WESTWYND FARM
31 SUPER EASY BAKING RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
TANDY CAKES RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Tandy cake?Baked in a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan, Tandy Cake is a yellow cake with a layer of peanut butter and a hard chocolate glaze. This recipe takes a couple of hours to make but it's worth it! It tastes so good! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x15 inch pan. Sift together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
What toppings do you put on your Tastykake Tandy cake?A copycat of the original Tastykake Tandy Cake! Peanut butter and chocolate toppings sit on top of a fluffy white cake. Makes a large sheet cake to serve a crowd. Chocolate + Peanut Butter. Is there any better combination?
What is a Kandy Kake?The original name of this dessert was Tandy Cake in 1931 ( source ), but then became known as the Kandy Kake. It’s a white cake with a layer of peanut butter and chocolate on top. It is TastyKakes most popular cake and now there are more flavors to experience than just peanut butter (think caramel, s’mores and more!).
What to do with tastycake's peanut butter Tandy cake?"This is a clone of Tastycake's "Peanut Butter Tandy Cake" snack cakes. It is easy, inexpensive, and tastes just like the real thing. Great to put in lunch boxes! I guarantee the kids will adore you for this one! Wrap individual pieces in wax paper to put into lunches. Peanut butter, chocolate, and cake...now who could ask for more!?!?!"