SWEET 'N' TANGY CARROTS
With an irresistible brown sugar-mustard sauce, these simple simmered carrots bring bright flavor and color to the table. -Paula Zsiray, Logan, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place 1 in. of water, carrots and salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain., Return carrots to pan; add the brown sugar, butter, mustard and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until well coated. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 257mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
TANGY CARROT SALAD
- Combine sliced carrots and diced carrots in a large pot. Pour enough water into pot to just cover the carrots; bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain water completely from carrots. Transfer drained carrots to a large bowl.
- Gently toss Spanish onion and green bell pepper together with carrots.
- Whisk tomato soup, white vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, mustard, and salt together in a bowl until the oil is completely integrated.
- Drizzle tomato soup mixture over carrot mixture; gently toss to coat entirely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241 calories, Carbohydrate 27.8 g, Fat 14.6 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 453.2 mg, Sugar 18 g
TANGY CARROT-APPLE SALAD WITH CIDER VINAIGRETTE
Recipe from October 2010 Vegetarian Times. It says that the author, Matthew G. Kadey, RD, prefers sour to sweet and this recipe proves it. I did add a little extra Splenda, oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, but I leave that up to you! I did not serve mine over spinach, rather just in a small bowl as a meal starter. Lastly, I added some pepitas (pumpkin seeds without the shell), but again the addition of nuts is your choice.
Provided by januarybride
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine cider vinegar and garlic in small bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Stir together carrots, apple, green onions, parsley, and cranberries in large bowl.
- Whisk together agave nectar and oil into cider vinegar mixture. Add to carrot mixture, toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover, and chill 2 hours, or overnight. Serve salad on bed of spinach leaves.
NUTTY CARROT SALAD
With the sunflower kernels and a peanutty dressing, this is a new twist on carrot-raisin salad. My family loves this delightfully different combination, and I'm positive your family will, too.-Tami Escher, Dumont, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, toss the carrots, pineapple, raisins, sunflower kernels and peanuts. In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, yogurt, mayonnaise and salt; mix well. Pour over carrot mixture and stir gently to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl.
Nutrition Facts :
CLASSIC CARROT SALAD
Maybe your family has made carrot salad forever, or maybe you've seen it at potlucks, but if you're not familiar with this Southern classic, your inner voice might be screaming, "Raisins don't belong in salad!" But relax: This just might be the only time they do. The soft, sweet raisins complement the crunchy carrots, which are finished with a tangy dressing. Soak the raisins in hot water to give them a different, more plump texture. If you aren't a fan of mayonnaise or yogurt, use 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice, and add some chopped fresh parsley. Let the crunchy-sweet flavors roll over your tastebuds as you realize you've made a simple, and delicious, dish in less than 15 minutes.
Provided by Millie Peartree
Categories salads and dressings, vegetables, side dish
Yield 2 to 4 servings (about 4 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, add pineapple, raisins, mayonnaise, honey and orange zest (if using). Mix until combined.
- Add carrots to dressing and fold together all the ingredients using a rubber spatula or tongs.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then serve chilled.
TANGY CARROT, RED CABBAGE & ONION SALAD
- Tip the carrots, cabbage and onions into a bowl. Make the dressing by stirring the ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved. Pour over salad, tossing the vegetables in the dressing. Add the herbs, toss again, then scatter over the peanuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 17 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 15 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.08 milligram of sodium
TANGY CARROT SLAW
from www.npr.org: "A traditional South Indian recipe, red or orange beets can be substituted for carrots for a variation of this slaw. This salad packs a punch with its tartness from the sharp lime and the heat from the jalapenos. This is a colorful, pretty slaw. A cup of grated mango can be substituted for the lime." asafetida powder (also known as hing) is available at any Indian grocer
Provided by Karen in MA
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the mustard and cumin seeds and cover with a splatter shield. When the seeds start popping, add the asafetida powder; when the powder starts to sizzle and froth, turn off the heat. This will all be done in less than 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped jalapeno and let it sit for a minute to flavor the hot oil.
- Transfer to a bowl and combine with the grated carrots, chopped cilantro, lime juice and salt; toss well.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93.3, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 45.6, Carbohydrate 8.2, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 3.4, Protein 0.8
More about "tangy carrot salad recipes"
RECIPE: TANGY CARROT SLAW - KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
TANGY CARROT AND BELL PEPPER SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 5Calories 81 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 11 mins
- While carrots cook, combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, and stir well. Drain carrots.
- Add carrots, onion, dill, and bell pepper to bowl; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
MOROCCAN CARROT SALAD - UNPACKED
TANGY CARROT, RED CABBAGE & ONION SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CABBAGE CARROT SALAD WITH TANGY PEANUT DRESSING - KALEJUNKIE
TANGY GRATED CARROT SALAD WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS AND EASY DRESSING
CARROT SALAD WITH HONEY VINAIGRETTE - THE LEMON BOWL®
TANGY CARROT SALAD | RIPPED RECIPES, CARROT SALAD, WHOLE FOOD …
EASY SWEET & TANGY UKRAINIAN “KOREAN CARROT” SALAD
CARROT SALAD RECIPE (LOW-CARB, PALEO) - DELICIOUS MEETS …
TANGY CARROT SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
CARROT SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY FRENCH CARROT SALAD - STETTED
TANGY CARROT-RAISIN SALAD - DVO
SIMPLE CARROT SALAD – A COUPLE COOKS
CABBAGE AND CARROT SALAD WITH TANGY SEASONING - UKRAINIAN RECIPES
FRENCH GRATED CARROT SALAD WITH LEMON DIJON VINAIGRETTE
CARROT RAISIN SALAD - MY FORKING LIFE
A TANGY CARROT SLAW RECIPE THAT’S FAST, FRESH AND FOOLPROOF
TANGY SWEET SHREDDED CARROT SALAD - NOBLE PIG
TANGY CARROT AND BELLPEPPER SALAD RECIPE - PLATTERSHARE
TANGY LENTIL SALAD WITH DILL & PEPPERONCINI - COOKIE AND KATE
EYE-HEALTHY TANGY CARROT SALAD RECIPE - HERITAGE EYE, SKIN
SWEET & CRUNCHY CARROT SALAD - DETOXINISTA
ONE OF THE EASIEST SALADS EVER: FRENCH GRATED CARROT SALAD
BEST HAWAIIAN MACARONI SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE HAWAIIAN …
CARROT SALAD - GONNA WANT SECONDS
TANGY CARROT SALAD RECIPE | FOODS FOR AN EYESIGHT BOOST - PROVISION
FRENCH CARROT SALAD RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
TANGY SWEET SHREDDED CARROT SALAD | VEGGIE RECIPES, CARROT SALAD ...
TANGY CARROT SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
TANGY CARROT SALAD | INDIAN | VEGETARIAN | RECIPE - BAWARCHI
RIPPED RECIPES - TANGY CARROT SALAD | RECIPE | RIPPED RECIPES, …
MARIA'S BEST CARROT SALAD - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
TANGY SWEET SHREDDED CARROT SALAD IS A STEP ABOVE YOUR USUAL …
TANGY CARROT AND CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
Sweet and Tangy Carrot Salad89 views-00:57
Cabbage Carrot Salad with Tangy Peanut Dressing993 views-00:27
Easy Carrot Salad| For spicy & tangy combos| KR147 #kitchenrevelations #carrotsalad #tandoorisalad80 views-02:50
Carrot Raisin Salad Recipe1.4K views-02:42
TUNA WITH SPICY TANGY CUCUMBER, RADISH & CARROT SALAD | TANIGUE RECIPE317 views-07:44
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make carrot salad?All you need for this easy and quick carrot salad recipe is one main ingredient: shredded carrots. You can also add 1 clove minced garlic, and a light sweet and tangy vinaigrette made with olive oil, vinegar, honey, coriander, salt, and pepper.
How do you make carrot and pineapple salad dressing?In a large bowl, add pineapple, raisins, mayonnaise, honey and orange zest (if using). Mix until combined. Add carrots to dressing and fold together all the ingredients using a rubber spatula or tongs. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then serve chilled.
How do you cook with Dijon mustard and carrots?Set aside. In a salad bowl, combine the dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey, vegetable oil, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the carrots, fresh parsley and scallions (or shallots) and toss well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
What does carrot salad taste like?Carrot salad recipes vary by regional cuisine. But usually, it’s made with shredded carrots and has a sweet & tangy taste due to the dressing. Carrot salad is popular in Europe, especially in Eastern Europe.