FLOUNDER WITH BROWN BUTTER, LEMON AND TARRAGON
The flatfish family is comprised of numerous popular fish, including sole, halibut and flounder. But all the various boneless fillets are relatively interchangeable and can be prepared in more or less the same way, adjusting cooking time according to size. These pan-cooked fillets are quick, simple and elegant.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, quick, weekday, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put flour in a low bowl or pie plate and stir in a generous amount of salt and pepper and a pinch of cayenne.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and tilt pan to coat bottom.
- Season the fillets lightly with salt and pepper. Dip each fillet quickly into flour mixture, shaking off excess flour.
- Lay fillets in skillet in one layer. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, until golden. Transfer cooked fish to a warm platter.
- Leave the heat at medium-high and add cold butter. Let butter sizzle until foamy and brown, but do not let it burn. Add lemon juice, parsley and chopped tarragon and swirl to incorporate.
- Spoon butter sauce over fish. Garnish with a few tarragon leaves and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 364, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 28 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 591 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
This moist fish dish has a delicate herb flavor I enjoy. Plus, this easy recipe calls for only five ingredients.-Donna Smith, Fairport, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 serving.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place fillets in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over fish. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove to a serving plate with a slotted spatula. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192 calories, Fat 10g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 61mg cholesterol, Sodium 250mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH ROASTED TOMATOES
- Preheat oven to 450, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Place tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon tarragon, sugar, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Arrange tomatoes cut side up. Roast on lower rack until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. (Keep oven on for fish.)
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, remaining 1/2 teaspoon tarragon, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and brush with oil. In a food processor, place bread, a pinch each salt and pepper, and remaining tablespoon oil; pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Lay fillets flat on prepared baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Spread top sides with mustard; sprinkle with bread crumbs, pressing to adhere. Bake on upper rack until fish is cooked through and crumbs are browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve with tomatoes and sauce.
Tarragon - where have you been all my life! I've recently discovered it and love it! This fish is moist with a delicate herb flavor.
Provided by mailbelle
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place fillets in a greased 13x9x2 pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove to a serving plate with a slotted spatula and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193.7, Fat 14.2, SaturatedFat 7.9, Cholesterol 81.7, Sodium 645.9, Carbohydrate 0.6, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.2, Protein 15.6
TARRAGON WALNUT BROWN BUTTER SAUCE
There are people that will go through their entire life never having experienced the pure joy of fresh fish topped with a perfectly made brown butter sauce. That so many will not allow themselves to enjoy this tarragon walnut brown butter sauce makes me sad.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter is a light-tan, nutty color and fragrant, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Stir walnuts into butter; cook and stir in hot butter until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add lemon juice, remove skillet from heat, add tarragon, and season with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105.1 calories, Carbohydrate 1.9 g, Cholesterol 22.9 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 1.5 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
More about "tarragon flounder recipes"
FLOUNDER IN CREAM SAUCE WITH TARRAGON RECIPE | EAT …
Servings 4Total Time 25 mins
FLOUNDER RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
40 RECIPES TO MAKE WITH TARRAGON | TASTE OF HOME
FLOUNDER WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE | LEITE'S …
THE BEST WAY TO COOK FLOUNDER [10 DELICIOUS FLOUNDER …
35 CRAVEABLE FLOUNDER DISHES - FOOD.COM
A CULINARY GUIDE TO TARRAGON, PLUS 9 RECIPES USING TARRAGON
TARRAGON RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH LEMON AND BUTTER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
FLOUNDER WITH BROWN BUTTER, LEMON AND TARRAGON | RECIPE CART
RECIPES > APPETIZERS > HOW TO MAKE CREAMED FLOUNDER TARRAGON
FLOUNDER WITH BROWN BUTTER, LEMON AND TARRAGON - MASTERCOOK
TARRAGON FLOUNDER RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | FLOUNDER RECIPES ...
GRILLED FLOUNDER WITH A TARRAGON (MOSTLY PARSLEY) LIME ESCABECHE
FLOUNDER WITH POTATOES AND TARRAGON RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
CREAMED FLOUNDER TARRAGON RECIPE
CREAMED FLOUNDER TARRAGON - YUMMY RECIPES
TARRAGON FLOUNDER RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
FLOUNDER WITH BROWN BUTTER, LEMON AND TARRAGON — THE LOCAL …
CONFETTI FLOUNDER PACKETS WITH ORANGE-TARRAGON BUTTER
A DELICATE TREATMENT FOR A JUST-AS-DELICATE FISH ... - THE NEW YORK …
25 AMAZING FLOUNDER RECIPES - SIX CLEVER SISTERS
TARRAGON AND FLOUNDER RECIPES (9) - SUPERCOOK
TARRAGON FLOUNDER WITH PEAS | ALL OF UNA
OUR BEST DINNER IDEAS FOR TWO, INCLUDING WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
FLOUNDER IN CREAM SAUCE WITH TARRAGON RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SOLE WITH TARRAGON-BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
30 TARRAGON RECIPES FOR A DELICIOUS DINNER - INSANELY GOOD
RECIPE: CREAMED FLOUNDER TARRAGON
TARRAGON WALNUT BROWN BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE FOR FISH
ALMOND-STUFFED FLOUNDER WITH CREAMY TARRAGON SAUCE | RECIPE
CREAMED FLOUNDER TARRAGON
ALMOND - STUFFED FLOUNDER WITH TARRAGON SAUCE - RECIPE
FLOUNDER WITH BROWN BUTTER, LEMON AND TARRAGON RECIPE
BROWNED BUTTER FLOUNDER WITH LEMON SNAP PEAS RECIPE
ALMOND-STUFFED FLOUNDER WITH CREAMY TARRAGON SAUCE - MIDWEST …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #main-dish #seafood #easy #beginner-cook #fish #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #saltwater-fish #sole-and-flounder
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make tarragon sauce with fish?Transfer cooked fish to a warm platter. Leave the heat at medium-high and add cold butter. Let butter sizzle until foamy and brown, but do not let it burn. Add lemon juice, parsley and chopped tarragon and swirl to incorporate. Spoon butter sauce over fish. Garnish with a few tarragon leaves and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
What can I do with tarragon?Whether you're craving a classic French dish or a simple asparagus salad, a little tarragon can go a long way in boosting your recipe's flavor. Put that herb to work! Share Save Saved
What does tarragon taste like?Turn to tarragon, an herb with a distinct, licorice-like taste. It’s popular in French cooking, plus as a pair to asparagus. Fresh tarragon is characterized by its long, slender leaves, and don’t worry if you only have a small bunch!
What can I make with Dijon mustard and tarragon?Marie Hoyer of Lewistown, Montana whisks together tarragon, chives, parsley and Dijon mustard in her delightful vinaigrette. The fast-to-fix dressing will add a fresh tang to any bowl of mixed greens. Go to Recipe 27/41 Blueberry-Dijon Chicken Blueberries and chicken may seem like a strange combination, but prepare to be pleasantly surprised.