I found this recipe on a cornstarch box in 1982 and what a great recipe. It is not only easy, but saves money not having to buy it ready made. I use it for cut up vegetables, fish and onion rings.
Provided by pressurecooker
Yield 2 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In bowl mix first 5 ingredients; add water and egg and then stir till smooth,.
- This batter is enough for 4 cups vegetables or 1 pound of fish or meat cut up.
Seltzer water makes Japanese-style Tempura Batter light and airy. This recipe from Food Network Kitchen is perfect for frying vegetables, meats and seafood.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine all ingredients. Use as batter for meats and vegetables.
Make this batter and then use it immediately -- you'll want to have your cooking oil hot and ready to go, as well as have prepped all the items to be fried.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 1/4 cups batter
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Mix the egg yolks and seltzer together with a whisk or a pair of chopsticks until smooth. Drop the flour in all at once, then mix, stopping when there are still small lumps in the batter. Stir in the ice cubes.
- Dip your chosen tempura ingredients in the batter, and fry until crispy and pale gold in color.
Easy and delightful results every time. Using the egg whites only results in the light color of the finished product.
Provided by Daddy Cooks
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until frothy. Fold flour and cold water into egg whites until batter is just barely mixed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81.2 calories, Carbohydrate 16 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 3.4 g, Sodium 19.7 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
EASY TEMPURA BATTER RECIPE
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, sift the flour once or twice to remove any clumps and to make it light and soft. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, gently beat egg until the yolk and egg whites are just barely incorporated.
- Combine the water and ice cubes in a cup. Using a strainer, strain the water (you should have 1 cup of ice-cold water) and add it to the bowl with the beaten egg. Make sure you do not actually add ice cubes to the tempura batter.
- Add the sifted flour into the bowl with the egg and water mixture and lightly combine the flour using chopsticks . Be careful not to overmix the batter; it should be a little lumpy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88 kcal, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 15 mg, Sugar 0 g, Fat 1 g, ServingSize 2 cups batter (2 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
BASIC TEMPURA BATTER
This tempura mix can be used to batter vegetables, anchovies, sage leaves or squid - perfect for creating deep-fried party snacks.
Provided by Sophie Godwin - Cookery writer
Categories Snack, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 4
- To make the batter, mix the flours with a pinch of sea salt. Whisk in the sparkling water and crushed ice then you are ready to use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 91 calories, Fat 0.2 grams fat, SaturatedFat 0.1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 21 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 0.3 grams fiber, Protein 0.8 grams protein, Sodium 0.13 milligram of sodium
quick and easy
Provided by sara66
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 0
- mix all the flours together
- gently add iced liquid
- briefly stir- can stay lumpy but do not overstir
- dip ingredients immediately into batter and deep fry in hot oil
An airy but thick tempura batter for chicken. Delightfully crispy and keeps the chicken wonderfully juicy and tender inside. Great on vegetables or other meats too, and the best part is that it's not as greasy or doughy as other tempura batter recipes!
Provided by Tony Arra
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place chicken on a flat work surface. Slice horizontally through the middle, being careful not to cut all the way through to the other side. Open the 2 sides and spread them out like an open book. Pound out the butterflied chicken breasts until thin, and slice them in half lengthwise.
- Prepare a large bowl with some ice water. Place a shallow bowl, for the batter, inside the large bowl; this is to keep the batter cold while cooking the chicken.
- Prepare batter: place beaten egg into a large mixing bowl. Sift flour and cornstarch into beaten egg. Add lemon juice, paprika, baking soda, and salt. Add club soda and mix until ingredients are fully incorporated; a few lumps in the batter will aid in creating an airy texture, so be careful not to overmix.
- Transfer the batter into the shallow bowl sitting on ice water.
- Fill a pan with 1 inch of vegetable oil and heat over medium heat until glossy, or until the temperature of the oil hits 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Take the strips of chicken and fully coat them in the batter, adding them to the hot oil in sets of 2 or 3 at a time.
- Cook chicken until golden brown and crispy and no longer pink in the centers, about 2 minutes per side, and transfer to a serving tray.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287.1 calories, Carbohydrate 27.1 g, Cholesterol 111.1 mg, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 26.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 272.6 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
TEMPURA BATTER FOR FISH AND VEGETABLES
This batter can be used for fish, shrimp or fresh vegetables such as onion rings, mushrooms, eggplant, sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, asparagus spears or whatever your heart desires.
Provided by Karen From Colorado
Yield 1 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Stir together flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Make a well in the center.
- Combine ice water or beer and egg yolk, beating with a fork or whisk until frothy.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients.
- Slowly stir just until moistened; DO NOT over stir,a few lumps should remain.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Use batter immediately.
- Heat oil or shortening to 400°F.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Dip fish, shrimp or vegetables into batter, swirling to coat.
- Fry a few pieces at a time 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Note: Make sure your vegetables are very very dry so the batter will stick better.
More about "tempura batter recipes"
TEMPURA BATTER RECIPE- HOW TO MAKE AMAZING TEMPURA AT …
Reviews 8Calories 218 per servingCategory Snacks
TOFU TEMPURA: A DELICIOUS DEEP FRIED VEGAN DELICACY
CHICKEN TEMPURA - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
BASIC TEMPURA RECIPE : SBS FOOD
TEMPURA BATTER RECIPE AND THE SECRETS TO A PERFECT JAPANESE TEMPURA
VEGAN TEMPURA - THE VIET VEGAN
EASY AIR FRYER TEMPURA RECIPE - MOCHI MOMMY
GLUTEN FREE TEMPURA BATTER FOR FRYING - GF PATISSERIE
CHICKEN TEMPURA WITH THE BEST CRISPY AND FLUFFY TEMPURA BATTER
CRAZY EASY SHRIMP TEMPURA RECIPE - MOMSDISH
8 WAYS TO MAKE TEMPURA BATTER (RECIPE) - 100% PURE …
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST TEMPURA 天ぷら • JUST ONE …
AUTHENTIC JAPANESE TEMPURA BATTER (WITH SECRET TIPS!) - SUDACHI …
EASY CRISPY TEMPURA BATTER - COPYKAT RECIPES
BEST CLASSIC TEMPURA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC TEMPURA
PERFECT CHICKEN TEMPURA RECIPE (HOMEMADE JAPANESE TEMPURA
BASIC TEMPURA BATTER: A FOOLPROOF RECIPE TO GET IT LIGHT & CRISPY …
JAPANESE TEMPURA BATTER RECIPE FOR SHRIMP, CHICKEN, FISH, VEGETABLE
TEMPURA - RECIPETIN JAPAN
EASY TEMPURA BEER BATTER FOR DEEP FRYING
TEMPURA (BEST TEMPURA BATTER RECIPE!) - RASA MALAYSIA
TEMPURA BATTER RECIPE (EASY & AUTHENTIC) - HUNGRY HUY
EASY SHRIMP TEMPURA - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
10 BEST CORNSTARCH TEMPURA BATTER RECIPES | YUMMLY
KIKKOMAN TEMPURA BATTER MIX RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE TEMPURA BATTER: JAPANESE TEMPURA BATTER RECIPE
EASY CHICKEN TEMPURA - KHIN'S KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE A TEMPURA BATTER - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
BEST SHRIMP TEMPURA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE JAPANESE-STYLE EBI …
TEMPURA BATTER - CARMY - EASY HEALTHY-ISH RECIPES
HOMEMADE SHRIMP TEMPURA BATTER - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
DISCOVER EASY TEMPURA BATTER RECIPE 'S POPULAR VIDEOS | TIKTOK
10 BEST TEMPURA BATTER NO EGG RECIPES | YUMMLY
TEMPURA RECIPE: A HEALTHY, CRISP, FLAVORFUL SIDES WITH SIMPLE STEPS
CLUB SODA TEMPURA BATTER RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
NON-GLUTEN RICE FLOUR TEMPURA
3 INGREDIENT RECIPE FOR TEMPURA BATTER - THE TYPICAL MOM
GLUTEN FREE TEMPURA BATTER - BEYOND FLOUR
TEMPURA RECIPE, AN AUTHENTIC RECIPE FROM GO JAPANESE!
You'll also love