TENDER EYE OF ROUND ROAST
- Combine the oil, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic into a paste, then rub all over the roast. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour. Forty minutes into the hour, pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, place two sheets of Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil large enough to cover the roast. Place the roast on the foil sheets and transfer everything to the oven. Roast for 6 minutes per pound.
- Remove from the oven. Fold up the foil so it wraps the roast then return it to the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 170 degrees F and roast for one hour. After an hour, check the internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer: 120-125 degrees F will yield a rare center, 130-140 degrees F will yield a medium-rare center, and 140-150 degrees F will yield a medium center.
- When the roast is finished, remove it and set it on a cutting board to rest. Transfer any drippings from the roast into a saucepan, then combine with the red wine and beef broth. Bring to a simmer over med-high heat and reduce by 1/4; reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in the cubes of butter one at a time until incorporated into the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Slice the roast into 1/2 inch thick slices and serve with the pan sauce poured on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 685.2 calories, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Cholesterol 198.9 mg, Fat 25.6 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 99.7 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 1230.8 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
TENDER EYE OF ROUND BEEF ROAST ATK
Unusual method for turning an economical low-fat roast into a delicious, tender, juicy, pink inside delight! Follow the instructions to the letter for best results. The roast must be salted, wrapped and refrigerated for 24 hours before cooking. Cooking time is 3 hours total. The best thermometer to use is a probe thermometer with a cable to attach it to a digital controller outside of the oven.
Provided by cathyfood
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 1 roast, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- First day: Spread salt evenly over all sides of beef roast. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 18 to 24 hours.
- Second day (start this process 2 1/2 hours before you wish to serve): Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Prepare shallow roasting pan with rack.
- Unwrap roast, pat dry with paper towels. Rub vegetable oil over surface. Coat with 2 teaspoons ground pepper. Brown roast in a medium-hot skillet on all sides until dark brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place on roasting rack. Place thermometer probe in the center of roast, insert from end.
- Roast uncovered for about 1 hr 15 min to internal temperature of 115 degrees F. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR. Turn oven off and leave roast in place for 30 to 50 minutes, until meat reaches 125 degrees internal temperature.
- Remove from oven, place on board. Cover with foil, and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing. The roast will be pink and juicy in the center.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1.9, Sodium 1550.5, Carbohydrate 0.5, Fiber 0.2, Protein 0.1
JUICY, TENDER & PERFECT BEEF EYE ROUND ROAST
If you are looking for a recipe for the perfect "med-rare" roast, look no further! I have made this recipe several times, and it was the BEST beef roast I ever had! It really WAS perfect! :)
Provided by Robin Grover
Number Of Ingredients 2
- 1. MAKE SURE TO USE EYE OF ROUND FOR THIS RECIPE AND DON'T FORGET TO ALLOW MEAT TO REACH ROOM TEMPERATURE BEFORE COOKING!!!
- 2. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Season the roast with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan or baking dish. Do not cover or add water.
- 3. Place the roast in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Roast for 21 minutes (seven minutes per pound) then turn off the oven and let the roast sit in the hot oven for 2 1/2 hours. Do not open the door at all during this time!
- 4. Remove the roast from the oven, the internal temperature should have reached at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees C). Carve into thin slices to serve.
EYE OF ROUND ROAST RECIPE
This cut of Beef is not known for its tenderness, but it can be cooked in such a way as to make it succulent, juicy AND tender. The secret is in HOW it is cooked !! Follow me through a few simple steps to enjoy a roast of unbelievable goodness. To be any easier, the roast would have to jump into the oven by itself.
Provided by Skip Davis
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 1. Slice 6 cloves of peeled garlic in half. Make deep slits all around the meat and insert the garlic pieces into the slits on the beef. (Insert finger into slit to expand it to accept garlic).
- 2. Rub surface of meat with olive or canola oil. Season roast with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you desire.
- 3. Heat a cast iron deep skillet to screaming hot and sear meat on all sides. No oil needed except the oil used prior to seasoning. This is going to create a LOT of smoke. Turn on hood fan and/or open windows.
- 4. Place roast, on a rack, in roasting pan or baking dish. DO NOT COVER or add liquid. Place in 500 degree oven and then immediately turn the heat down to 475 degrees.
- 5. Roast at 475 for 7 to 8 minutes per pound. So with A 3 pound roast, it will be done in about 21 to 24 minutes.
- 6. After prescribed roasting time, turn oven OFF and let roast sit in oven for 2-1/2 hours. Do NOT open the door during this time.
- 7. When 2-1/2 hours have elapsed, remove roast from oven, rest for 10 minutes covered loosely with foil, carve across the grain into thin slices. ENJOY.
- 8. NOTE: The secret to this method of roasting is the high heat and prolonged time in a CLOSED oven with heat off. It works like magic !! Believe me.
More about "tender eye of round roast recipes"
TENDER EYE OF ROUND ROAST RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
Servings 6Calories 390 per serving
- Season roast with 1 teaspoon salt all over and wrap in plastic wrap and store in fridge overnight.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, thyme, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes if using, cracked pepper and garlic; mix well.
PERFECT EYE OF ROUND ROAST - GIRL CARNIVORE
Ratings 39Calories 96 per servingCategory Main Course
EASY EYE OF ROUND ROAST - KITCHENDREAMING.COM
5/5 (2)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanPublished 2017-01-24
EYE OF ROUND ROAST BEEF - COPYKAT RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 310 per serving
- Place the roast in a shallow roasting pan fitted with a rack or on top of potatoes, carrots, and onions in a roasting pan.
SPECTACULAR EYE OF ROUND ROAST | MAVEN COOKERY
4/5 (2)Total Time 2 hrs 40 minsCategory MainCalories 333 per serving
- Using paper towels, pat your roast dry. Drizzle oil over the roast. Using your hands, rub the oil all over the roast.
EYE OF THE ROUND ROAST - A FAMILY FEAST®
5/5 (1)Total Time 7 hrs 40 minsCategory EntreeCalories 299 per serving
- Cut cross hatch marks across the fat cap of the beef. If your roast does not have a fat cap, omit this step.
- In a mortar with a pestle, place salt, pepper and garlic and mash to a paste. This can also be done on a cutting board pressing the edge of a knife blade across the garlic. The salt helps to mash it.
- Mix in the thyme, mustard and one tablespoon of the oil and again, mash to a paste then smear all of the roast.
- Place the roast in a gallon zip lock bag, press out the air and seal. Refrigerate for at least six hours or up to 24 hours.
EYE OF ROUND ROAST RECIPE | REYNOLDS BRANDS
Servings 4-6Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory Main Dish
- Combine the oil, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic into a paste, then add and rub all over the roast meat. Set aside at room temperature for a time of 1 hour. 40 minutes into the hour, pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, place two sheets of Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil large enough to cover the roast. Place the meat on the foil sheets and transfer everything to the oven. Roast for 6 minutes per pound.
- Remove from the oven. Fold up the foil so it wraps the roast then return to the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 170 degrees F and roast for a time of one hour. After an hour, check the internal oven temperature with an instant-read thermometer: 120-125 degrees F will yield a rare center, 130-140 degrees F will yield a medium-rare center, and 140-150 degrees F will yield a medium center.
- When the meat is finished, remove it from the oven and set it on a cutting board to rest. Transfer any drippings from the roast into a saucepan, then combine with the red wine and beef broth. Bring to a simmer over med-high heat and reduce by 1/4; reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in the cubes of butter one at a time until incorporated into the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste and set the meat aside.
TENDER EYE OF ROUND ROAST RECIPE - BEST BEEF RECIPES
4.8/5 (9)Calories 631 per servingCategory Main Course
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Brush eye of round roast with olive oil on all sides, then season with sweet and salty beef rub, but don't use all of it! Save some seasoning to season your veggies.
- Slice 4 large sweet potatoes and arrange the slices on a baking dish or sheet. Brush with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, combine corn and tomatoes in a baking pan and add the remaining seasoning as well as 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Mix well and add to the oven after the initial 20 minutes is up. Lower the oven temperature to 325°F.
TENDER EYE OF ROUND GARLIC ROAST RECIPE BY ROSEMARIE ...
4/5 (1)Total Time 4 hrsCuisine AmericanCalories 208 per serving
- Remove roast from refrigerator about 2 hours before cooking and let it rest on the counter to warm.
- With a sharp paring knife, cut slits (one at a time) into the roast and insert a sliver of garlic into the slit. Repeat randomly until the roast has garlic every inch or so.
HOW TO MAKE TENDER EYE OF ROUND ROAST BEEF - SWEET TEA
4.5/5 (156)Total Time 18 hrsCategory DinnerCalories 88 per serving
- Fill a large container with water that will properly fit your sous vide immersion machine and the roast without overcrowding. Set the temperature to your desired doneness (medium-rare is 131 degrees F to 134 degrees F) and let the water heat up before adding the roast.
- Generously season all sides of your roast with salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder. Vacuum seal your eye of round roast using the vacuum sealer and a vacuum seal bag and add it to the preheated water. Cook for 18-24 hours, adding water if needed.
- After the sous-vide cooking is finished, remove from the sealed bag and pat dry with a paper towel. Make sure it's extremely dry because water will ruin your sear.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat (my stove goes 1-9, I go about an 8) with the high smoke point oil.
THE BEST CHRISTMAS ROAST (ON A BUDGET) | THE DINNER BELL
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory EntreeCalories 394 per serving
- Combine the rub ingredients: 1 Tbs salt, 1 Tbs brown sugar and 1 Tbs ground black pepper. Then rub all over a 3 lb eye of round roast.
- Heat a cast iron pot or heavy skillet over medium high heat with 2 Tbs oil. Once it’s heated up, sear the meat 2 minutes per side until all sides are seared and browned.
EYE OF ROUND ROAST - IMMACULATE BITES DINNER
Reviews 5Category MainCuisine AmericanTotal Time 8 hrs 45 mins
- In a small bowl mix, olive oil or butter, paprika, rosemary, red wine, and cayenne pepper. Rub all over beef covering every inch of the beef with marinade. Place in a zip lock or seal in a bowl. Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, drain the marinade and set aside. Remove any bits of herbs or spice from the beef.
- Use a sharp paring knife to cut deep slits all over the roast. Stuff the slits with garlic cloves. Set aside until ready to brown.
TENDER EYE OF ROUND ROAST BEEF WITH GRAVY - VALERIE'S …
5/5 (113)Calories 424 per servingCategory Main Course
- Remove your roast from the refrigerator and allow it to rest on the counter for 45 minutes to 1 hour to take the chill off.
- Pat your roast with paper towels to dry the surface and then drizzle with olive oil and use your hands to rub the olive oil, coating all sides of the roast.
EYE ROUND ROAST: THE SIMPLE RECIPE FOR A TENDER BEEF ROAST
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr
EYE OF ROUND STEAK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
2 LB EYE OF ROUND ROAST RECIPES
HOW TO COOK BONELESS EYE OF ROUND ROAST ...
BOBBY FLAY EYE ROUND ROAST RECIPES BEST RECIPES AND ...
HOW TO COOK EYE OF ROUND ROAST ON GRILL - FOODVN - FOOD ...
ALTON BROWN EYE ROUND ROAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
EASY EYE OF ROUND ROAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
EYE OF ROUND ROAST (WITH GRAVY) | KITCHN
BAREFOOT CONTESSA EYE ROUND ROAST RECIPES
OUTSIDE ROUND ROAST RECIPE TENDER
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook a beef eye round roast?How to Make Juicy, Tender & PERFECT Beef Eye Round Roast. Place the roast in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Roast for 21 minutes (seven minutes per pound) then turn off the oven and let the roast sit in the hot oven for 2 1/2 hours. Do not open the door at all during this time! Remove the roast from...
How to cook a round roast in the oven?How to Cook the Roast - First, pat the eye of round roast down with paper towels. Then rub with oil, and season generously. For perfectly medium-rare roast we recommend that you cook for 5 minutes per pound of beef.
Is eye of round roast tender for less money?Tender Meat for Less Money. Eye of round roast tends to be a less expensive cut of meat that tastes truly luxurious. Eye of round roast shrinks about 20 percent when roasting or broiling. So ideally, 4 ounces of uncooked eye of round will yield about 3.2 ounces when cooked.
How many ounces is a 3 pound eye of round roast?So ideally, 4 ounces of uncooked eye of round will yield about 3.2 ounces when cooked. A 3 pound roast, as called for in this recipe, will make 8 servings with slightly more than 12 ounces of eye of round roast for leftovers.