Alton Brown's Overnight Oatmeal recipe couldn't be easier: Combine the ingredients before you go to bed, and breakfast will be waiting for you in the morning.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients and set to low heat. Cover and let cook for 8 to 9 hours.
- Stir and remove to serving bowls. This method works best if started before you go to bed. This way your oatmeal will be finished by morning.
STEEL CUT OATS ALA ALTON BROWN
- melt butter in pan and add 1 cup steel cut oats of your choice.
- toast for 2 minute.
- add the 3 cups boiling water. turn to simmer and stir to combine for 25 minute.
- add the 1 cup of 2% milk and let cook for 10 minute.
- remove from heat separate into 1/4 for a full serving and heat in microwave with a splash of milk brown sugar cinnamon some nuts or what ever you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 4.9, Sodium 54.4, Carbohydrate 28.7, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 3.1, Protein 8.6
ALTON BROWN'S STEEL CUT OATS
Here is Alton's method for making a nice creamy bowl of hearty steel-cut oats. His recipe adapts perfectly to overnight soaking. I followed the recipe through adding the boiling water, then cover it (heat off) and head to bed. In the morning, I add the milk and simmer for 10 minutes. Delicious!
Provided by Lise in Indiana
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the oats. Stir for 2 minutes to toast.
- Add the boiling water and reduce heat to a simmer. Keep at a low simmer for 25 minutes, without stirring.
- Alternately, after adding the boiling water,cover the saucepan and remove from the heat. Allow to sit overnight on the counter. In the morning, proceed as directed below.
- Combine the milk and the buttermilk (or yogurt) with the oatmeal. Stir gently to combine and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and top with additional milk or buttermilk, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Feel free to garnish or sweeten as desired: chunky applesauce or fruit conserves are great, as is maple syrup, or add dried fruit to the oats and soak both overnight - sweetens the oats ever so slightly.
More about "alton browns steel cut oats recipes"
OATMEAL RECIPE: STEEL CUT OATS ALA ALTON BROWN, ‘GOOD …
ALTON BROWN'S STEEL CUT OATMEAL - THE WEDNESDAY CHEF
BUTTERMILK STEEL CUT OATS RECIPE - ALTON BROWN
4.5/5 (10)Category BreakfastServings 4Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and add the oats. Stir for 2 minutes to toast. Add the boiling water and reduce heat to a simmer. Keep at a low simmer for 25 minutes, without stirring.
- Combine the milk and 1/2 cup of the buttermilk with the oatmeal. Stir gently to combine and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Spoon into a serving bowl and top with remaining buttermilk, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
STEEL CUT OATMEAL : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE | ALTON …
Servings 4Calories 142 per servingTotal Time 45 mins
BEST STEEL CUT OATMEAL RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
CROCKPOT OATMEAL (STEEL CUT OATS) - RACHEL COOKS®
STEEL CUT OATS OATMEAL RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
ALTON BROWN - STEEL CUT OATS: THEY’RE NUTTY, CHEWY,... | FACEBOOK
EPISODE 56 – “OAT CUISINE” | ALLISON COOKS ALTON'S GOOD EATS
ALTON BROWN'S OATMEAL RECIPES WITH NUTRITION FACTS CALCULATOR …
OVERNIGHT OATMEAL : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE | ALTON …
STEEL CUT OATS CROCKPOT RECIPE RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
ALTON BROWN'S OVERNIGHT OATMEAL - RECIPE DIARIES
ALTON BROWN’S OVERNIGHT OATMEAL - BON APPETIT HON
OVERNIGHT OATMEAL - ALTON BROWN
STEEL CUT OATS (GOOD EATS, ALTON BROWN) RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
ALTON BROWN STEEL CUT OATMEAL RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
ALTON BROWN STEEL CUT OATMEAL RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
ALTON BROWN OVERNIGHT OATS - THERESCIPES.INFO
STEEL CUT OATS ALTON BROWN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
CROCKPOT STEEL CUT OATS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ALTON BROWN S STEEL CUT OATS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
THE SECRET TO MAKING THE BEST STEEL-CUT OATMEAL EVER | KITCHN
STEEL CUT OATS ALTON BROWN - SOLERANY.COM
ALTON BROWN STEEL CUT OATMEAL : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
ALTON BROWN'S STEEL CUT OATS RECIPE | COOKBOOK CREATE
OVERNIGHT STEEL CUT OATS - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
BUTTERMILK STEEL CUT OATS RECIPE | ALTON BROWN - PINTEREST
EASY STEEL CUT OATS: WINTER'S BEST BREAKFAST - TALL CLOVER FARM
ALTON BROWNS STEEL CUT OATS- WIKIFOODHUB
COOKING STEEL CUT OATS
ALTON STEEL CUT OATS - SOLERANY.COM
INSTANT POT STEEL CUT OATMEAL - THRIVING HOME
STEEL CUT OATMEAL - ALLISON COOKS ALTON'S GOOD EATS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are overnight steel cut oats?Overnight Steel Cut Oats are a delicious make-ahead breakfast for people who love oatmeal with hearty texture. This recipe is endlessly customizable and convenient for busy mornings!
How do you toast steel cut oats?How to Toast Steel Cut Oats. It's as simple as you might think it is: Melt a little butter in the saucepan you're planning to use for your oatmeal and then add the raw oats. Toast them over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until they turn a few shades darker and start to smell like popcorn, then add the water and continue with making your...
What does steel-cut oatmeal taste like?I am a major steel-cut oatmeal fan. A bowl of it keeps me happy all morning long, with its chewy texture, creamy consistency, and nutty flavor. You might think that it can’t get much better than a splash of milk and spoonful of brown sugar over top, but here’s something else you have to try: toasted steel-cut oats.
How to make oatmeal with raw oats?It’s as simple as you might think it is: Melt a little butter in the saucepan you’re planning to use for your oatmeal and then add the raw oats. Toast them over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until they turn a few shades darker and start to smell like popcorn, then add the water and continue with making your oatmeal as usual. Easy, right?