EASY COUSCOUS SALAD
This past summer was very hot and this salad fitted perfectly. Not too heavy, yet filling and above all, easy to make.
Provided by Chef Dudo
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring stock to a boil in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in couscous.
- Cover pan, remove from heat and set aside 15 minutes Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Mix well.
- Transfer couscous to a large bowl.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Add tomatoes, red bell pepper, celery, cucumber, scallions and parsley to bowl with cooked couscous.
- Mix gently.
- Pour dressing over mixture and mix again.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be served luke-warm or chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206.1, Fat 4.4, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 253.5, Carbohydrate 34.2, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 5.9, Protein 7
TRACIE'S COUSCOUS SALAD
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients with the olive oil and lime juice, to taste.
- In a pot, bring the water, salted, to a boil and add couscous and stir with fork. Remove from heat. The couscous, which will have absorbed all of the water, will be soft but should not be sticky.
- In separate pot put wine, garlic, onion, parsley. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add mussels to second pot. Cover and cook until mussels open, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut lettuce leaves into 1/2-inch strips. Dice scallions and celery coarsely. Slice tomatoes.
- Remove mussels from shells. Drain all juice into pot with white wine.
- In a salad bowl arrange couscous, lettuce, tomatoes, mussels, celery and scallions.
- To make dressing, strain the wine-mussel juice mixture and mix about half of it with olive oil and juice from one lemon, or to taste. Salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 712, UnsaturatedFat 26 grams, Carbohydrate 58 grams, Fat 33 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 36 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 1818 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
10-MINUTE COUSCOUS SALAD
- Tip the couscous into a large bowl and pour over the stock. Cover, then leave for 10 mins until fluffy and all the stock has been absorbed. Meanwhile, slice the onions and pepper, and dice the cucumber. Add these to the couscous, fork through the pesto, crumble in the feta, then sprinkle over pine nuts to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 33 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Sodium 0.88 milligram of sodium
SUMMER GARDEN COUSCOUS SALAD
This couscous salad makes the most of summer's bounty. I used to prepare it with a mayonnaise dressing, but lightened it with lemon vinaigrette. It's even better now! -Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place corn in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 6-9 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool slightly., In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, cheese, onion and parsley. Drain corn and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry; cut the kernels from the cobs. Add to cucumber mixture. Stir in couscous., In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over couscous mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts :
- Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add shelled peas, and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to ice-water bath to stop cooking. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper, carrot, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent and carrots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon salt and curry powder, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add 2 1/2 cups water and dried cranberries. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous and the cooked peas. Cover, and remove from heat; let sit for 5 minutes. Remove cover, and fluff with a fork. Serve immediately.
MEDITERRANEAN COUSCOUS SALAD
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat broth to boiling. Stir in couscous; remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, place tomatoes, cucumber, olives, onions and dill weed. Stir in couscous.
- In small bowl, beat lemon juice, oil and salt with wire whisk until well blended; pour over vegetable mixture and toss. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 250 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "couscous salad recipes"
COUSCOUS SALAD | RICARDO
5/5 (104)Calories 359 per servingCategory Appetizers
COUSCOUS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOUSTON'S COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
COUSCOUS SALAD - THE SEASONED MOM
MOROCCAN COUSCOUS SALAD - COOKING FOR MY SOUL
EASY COUSCOUS RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
COUSCOUS SALAD | CANADIAN LIVING
GREENHOUSE COUSCOUS SALAD | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BEST MEDITERRANAN COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE - THE …
OUR FAVORITE LEMON HERB COUSCOUS SALAD - INSPIRED TASTE
COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
COUSCOUS AND CHICKPEA SALAD | RECIPES - THE 10000 TOES CAMPAIGN
ISRAELI COUSCOUS SALAD | RICARDO
COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE : SBS FOOD
EASY COUSCOUS SALAD | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
32 CRAVE-WORTHY RECIPES WITH COUSCOUS | TASTE OF HOME
10 BEST PEARL COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
12 MINUTE COUSCOUS SALAD WITH SUN DRIED TOMATO AND FETA
MEDITERRANEAN COUSCOUS SALAD - SPEND WITH PENNIES
ISRAELI COUSCOUS SALAD | RECIPETIN EATS
COUSCOUS RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ITALIAN COUSCOUS SALAD - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
MEDITERRANEAN COUSCOUS SALAD - JO COOKS
EASY AND HEALTHY COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE - COOKING MADE HEALTHY
COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPES - BBC FOOD
MAKE-AHEAD COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
MEDITERRANEAN COUSCOUS SALAD | GIADZY
MEDITERRANEAN COUSCOUS SALAD - DINNER AT THE ZOO
COUSCOUS SALAD - ERREN'S KITCHEN
CHERRY TOMATO COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
MOROCCAN COUSCOUS SALAD - VIBRANT & VEGAN | HURRY THE FOOD UP
MEDITERRANEAN COUSCOUS SALAD - JESSICA GAVIN
MEDITERRANEAN COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
10 BEST ISRAELI COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
ISRAELI COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #salads #side-dishes #pasta #vegetables #stove-top #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #onions #brunch #equipment #presentation #served-cold
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make couscous salad dressing?While the couscous cooks, in a large bowl, whisk the oil, mustard, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the drained couscous to the dressing and mix well.
How do you cook couscous?In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, lightly brown the onion in the oil. Add the spices and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous. Cover and remove from the heat. Let rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool completely.
How to cook couscous with balsamic vinegar?Stir in couscous. Cover pan, remove from heat and set aside 15 minutes Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard and lemon zest in a small bowl. Mix well. Transfer couscous to a large bowl. Fluff with a fork. Add tomatoes, red bell pepper, celery, cucumber, scallions and parsley to bowl with cooked couscous.
What is in 10 minute Greek couscous salad?This recipe for 10 Minute Greek Couscous Salad with Feta uses Sun-dried Tomatoes, olives, fresh mint and parsley that’s brought together with a Sun-dried Tomato Dressing. This colorful salad makes a fabulous lunch or side dish for picnics or barbecues and it’s thrown together in just minutes!