TEX-MEX CHICKEN STARTER
"I developed this seasoned chicken mixture to reduce meal preparation time," writes Nancy Pease of Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania. "It's handy to keep in the freezer for a head start on three different meals. No one realizes they come from the same beginnings,"
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour., In a large skillet over medium-high heat, bring chicken and marinade to a boil in batches. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 6 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken with tongs to a large bowl., In the drippings, saute onions and garlic until onions are crisp-tender. Pour over chicken and mix well. Cool for 30 minutes. , Divide mixture among three freezer containers; cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231 calories, Fat 12g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 224mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
TEX-MEX CHICKEN STEW
- Microwave onions, jalapenos, garlic, tomato paste, oil, and chili powder in a bowl, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir broth, tomatoes, tapioca, and sugar into slow cooker.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4-6 hours on LOW.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board, let cool slightly, then shred into bite-size pieces.
- Let stew settle for 5 minutes then remove fat from surface using large spoon.
- Stir in corn and beans, cover, and cook on HIGH until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in shredded chicken, chipotles to taste, and let sit until heated through, about 5 minutes (adjust stew consistency with additional hot broth as needed).
- Stir in cilantro, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420.6, Fat 10.2, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 141.7, Sodium 254.2, Carbohydrate 42, Fiber 7, Sugar 9.1, Protein 43
TEX-MEX CHICKEN PASTA
For a very different treatment, the spicy chicken mixture is coated with a cream sauce and served over hot cooked linguine. "Sometimes I garnish this dish with fresh cilantro and crunchy fried tortilla strips," Nancy notes.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add the chicken starter and corn; heat through. Stir in cream and cheese. , Cook and stir over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted and sauce is thickened. Drain linguine; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "tex mex chicken starter recipes"
MEXICAN CHICKEN APPETIZER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST TEX MEX APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
TEX-MEX RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
30 BEST TEX-MEX RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
TEX-MEX RECIPES - BBC FOOD
28 MEXICAN AND TEX-MEX CHICKEN RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
Estimated Reading Time 4 minsPublished 2018-05-01
- Enchiladas Divorciadas. For the diner who can never decide, this classic dish marries salsa roja and salsa verde over a bed of chicken enchiladas. A crown of queso fresco, crème fraîche, and crisp raw onions bridge the gap.
- Instant-Pot Red Chicken Enchiladas. These pressure cooker enchiladas are all about the tortillas and the ancho chile sauce. Shredded chicken and cheese round out the dish.
- Chicken Mole. Traditional mole usually requires a pantry's worth of ingredients and an entire day in the kitchen. Here, we've streamlined the ingredient list—and figured out how to make an incredible sauce in a couple of hours.
- Breaded Chicken Sandwiches with Sesame Rolls (Cemita Poblana de Milanesa) Most people have heard of a torta—one of the traditional sandwiches of Mexico—but the cemita is its own unique breed of Mexican sandwich.
- Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup With Bean and Cheese Nachos. This weeknight-friendly soup is enriched by the flavor of smoky chipotles, brightened by fresh lime, and ready in just 22 minutes or less.
- Green Chile Chicken Tamales (Tamales con Salsa Verde y Pollo) Masa labeled "masa preparada para tamales" often contains baking powder and salt, so don't add either if it does.
- Slow-Cooker Green Chicken Chili. Made with chicken, sweet potatoes, tomatillo salsa, and pinto beans, this easy chili is a cross between chile verde and white chicken chili.
- Chipotle Chicken Tacos with Potatoes and Guacamole. Finish these spicy, smoky, guacamole-topped tacos with crisp, thinly sliced radishes and bright lime, and get ready to watch them disappear.
- Chicken Under a Brick with Avocados and Chiles. This technique encourages even cooking with the crispiest skin imaginable. The key to success is to cook the chicken over medium-low coals so the skin slowly renders out the fat.
- Skillet Chicken and Zucchini Enchiladas with Tomatillo Sauce. Why should tacos have all the fun? These enchiladas are just as fast and easy, thanks to a one-pan stove-top cooking technique and a few store-bought shortcuts.
RECIPE OF SUPER QUICK HOMEMADE TEX-MEX HEALTHY CHICKEN …
TEX-MEX CHICKEN BURGERS | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
RECIPE FOR TEX MEX PASTE? : HELLOFRESH - FOOD NEWS
TEX-MEX CHICKEN POT PIE — MORE THAN GOURMET
TEX-MEX CHICKEN STARTER RECIPE
TEX MEX CHICKEN RECIPE - REAL RECIPES FROM MUMS
TACO BELL QUESADILLA RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
TEX-MEX CHICKEN RECIPES | MYRECIPES
TEX-MEX CHICKEN STARTER RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
MEXICAN STARTERS - FOOD NETWORK
TEX MEX CHICKEN STARTER RECIPE
SLOW COOKER TEX-MEX CHICKEN – CHEF MATTHEW
RECIPES FOR TEX-MEX
74 TEX MEX RECIPES – TACO NIGHT TEX MEX FOOD—DELISH.COM
TEX-MEX CHIPOTLE CHICKEN FILLING - CHEF MICHAEL SMITH
BBQ TEX MEX CHICKEN BREASTS BY RANDA @ THE BEWITCHIN' …
SLOW COOKER TEX-MEX CHICKEN STEW - A FAMILY FEAST®
RECIPE: TEX-MEX CHICKEN SAUTE - RECIPELINK.COM
NEED TEX MEX CHICKEN MELT RECIPE - CHEF SUCCESS
TEX-MEX CHICKEN AND RICE - BIGOVEN.COM
TEX-MEX CHICKEN FINGERS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
KETO TEX MEX SALAD WITH GRILLED CHICKEN - LOW CARB INSPIRATIONS
TEX-MEX CHICKEN STARTER | RECIPE | TEX MEX CHICKEN SALAD, …
TEX-MEX CHICKEN POLENTA PIE RECIPE
TEX MEX APPETIZER SUMMER PARTY - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SLOW COOKER TEX-MEX CHICKEN STEW RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
ORIGINAL TEX-MEX CHICKEN WITH BLACK BEANS AND RICE RECIPE
TEX-MEX CHICKEN AND THREE BEAN SOUP RECIPE – FOOD FAVORITE
TEX-MEX CHICKEN FIDEO — Y DELICACIES
TEX MEX CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP - THE WOODEN SPOON EFFECT
TEX MEX CHICKEN CASSEROLE - SOUTHERN PLATE
TEX-MEX CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
TEX-MEX CHICKEN WRAPS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make Tex-Mex food?Browned, cubed beef is simmered with diced tomatoes, cumin, and garlic, then shredded. This makes good filling for Tex-Mex style dishes, and freezes well. Frozen chicken breasts rubbed with taco seasoning cook in an Instant Pot® with salsa and chicken broth for a quick and easy Tex-Mex meal.
What do you put in a Tex Mex chicken casserole?This casserole is overflowing with staple ingredients you probably already have at home too, like cheese, tomatoes, instant rice, and chicken broth. The combination of the chicken and rice with the sour cream and cream of chicken soup is basically a flavor explosion. This TEx Mex chicken casserole is creamy, cheesy, and delicious!
What are the best Mexican chicken appetizer recipes?Allrecipes has more than 20 trusted Mexican chicken appetizer recipes complete with ratings, reviews and tips. Chicken Flautas is a Mexican dish. If desired serve with sour cream, picante sauce and/or Spanish rice. Flour tortillas filled with chicken breast, onions, peppers, pico de gallo, and Monterey Jack cheese.
What kind of meat do you put in a Tex-Mex sandwich?With top-rated Tex-Mex recipes for chimichangas, burritos, nachos, queso dip, and more, you'll find every Tex-Mex craving satisfied here. Mexican style shredded pork. Serve rolled up in tortillas, taco shells or on burger buns with shredded lettuce, diced red onion and sour cream.