THAI SPICY BASIL CHICKEN FRIED RICE
This is a staple of Thai cooking. Adjust the spices to your own tastes for a really great use for leftover rice!! I get the basil from a local Asian market. It has a different flavor than that of regular basil and makes all the difference in this recipe. It is fast and fairly easy to make, but requires constant stirring.
Provided by ErinInVegas
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Whisk together the oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat until the oil begins to smoke. Add the garlic and serrano peppers, stirring quickly. Stir in the chicken, bell pepper, onion and oyster sauce mixture; cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Raise heat to high and stir in the chilled rice; stir quickly until the sauce is blended with the rice. Use the back of a spoon to break up any rice sticking together.
- Remove from heat and mix in the basil leaves. Garnish with sliced cucumber and cilantro as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 794.1 calories, Carbohydrate 116.4 g, Cholesterol 46.1 mg, Fat 22.1 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 29.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 469.1 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
THAI FRIED RICE
- Heat a large heavy wok over high heat. When it is hot, add oil and heat until very hot. Add garlic and stir-fry until just golden, about 20 seconds. Add pork, if using, and cook, stirring constantly, until all the pork has changed color completely, about 1 minute.
- Add rice, breaking it up with wet fingers as you toss it into wok. With your spatula, keep moving rice around wok. At first it may stick, but keep scooping and tossing it and soon it will be more manageable. Fry rice, sometimes pressing against wok with back of spatula. (Good fried rice should have a faint seared-in-the-wok taste.) Cook for about 30 seconds. Add greens, then fish sauce, and stir-fry for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Turn out onto a plate and garnish with coriander, cucumber slices, scallion, and lime wedges. Squeeze lime onto rice as you eat it, along with chile sauce -- the salty, hot taste of the sauce brings out the full flavor of the rice.
THAI FRIED RICE
This Thai fried rice is called American fried rice (Khao Pad American) in Thailand, because it uses ingredients that are considered American, like ketchup and bacon. It is very popular in Thailand and easy to make. All ingredients should be prepped in advance cause once you start frying the rice, it goes fast. If people are really hungry, you can serve a fried egg on top of the fried rice.
Provided by Toi
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat and cook bacon until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain, reserving bacon grease in a bowl. Spoon 2 tablespoons grease back into the skillet.
- Increase heat to medium-high and cook garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomato and pineapple and stir-fry until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add 1 tablespoon bacon grease. Add rice and stir-fry, breaking up with a spatula so it gets coated well with bacon grease. Cook for about 3 minutes. Season with ketchup, soy sauce, sugar, and white pepper.
- Move rice mixture to one side of the skillet or wok and pour beaten eggs onto the empty side. Stir-fry until eggs are almost set, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix eggs with rice mixture. Fold in bacon bits. Serve with cucumber, green onions, cilantro, lemon wedges, and chile peppers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 455.7 calories, Carbohydrate 75.9 g, Cholesterol 137.5 mg, Fat 10 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 15.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 694.4 mg, Sugar 12.2 g
THAI COMBINATION FRIED RICE
This dish is loosely based on Thailand's ubiquitous fried rice dish, kao pad. Usually some kind of animal protein accompanies the rice - squid, crabmeat, ham, chicken, whatever the cook has on hand. My version relies instead on tofu and vegetables; the most important ingredients are the rice itself, the garlic and the fish sauce. Have all of your ingredients prepared and close to the stove. Cooking goes very quickly.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, weekday, main course
Yield Serves four to six
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat a large wok or large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water evaporates upon contact. Add the oil and swirl, then add the carrot and tofu. Stir-fry until lightly colored, about two minutes. Add the garlic and stir-fry until golden, about 30 seconds. Pour in the beaten egg. Stir-fry until scrambled, then add the rice. Cook the rice - scooping it up and pressing it into the pan, then scooping it up again - for about two minutes. Add the fish, chile sauces, tomato and chopped scallions, then stir together for about a half-minute. Serve, garnishing each plate with the cilantro and cucumbers and passing lime wedges, scallions and fish sauce with chiles. Diners should squeeze lime juice onto their rice as they eat.
THAI-STYLE FRIED RICE
- Combine the chile and 2 tablespoons of the fish sauce in a small dipping bowl. Set aside. Heat a well-seasoned wok or frying pan over high heat. Add the oil and almost immediately add the garlic, ginger, and 2 tablespoons of scallions. Stir constantly for about 40 seconds. Be careful not to burn the mixture. Add the pork and continue to stir for 3 minutes, or until the pork is no longer pink.
- Stir in the bok choy and cook until it is just tender, a couple of minutes. Stir in the cooked rice. Add the remaining tablespoon of fish sauce and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnish with cilantro, cucumber, the remaining tablespoon of scallion, and the lime. Serve the dipping sauce on the side.
More about "thai fried rice recipes"
THAI FRIED RICE | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (41)Total Time 20 minsCategory MealsCalories 236 per serving
- Push everything to the side and pour the egg onto the other side. Scramble it quickly - about 20 seconds.
FRIED RICE RECIPE - THAITABLE.COM - THAI FOOD AND TRAVEL
4.7/5 (174)Total Time 30 minsServings 2
AUTHENTIC THAI FRIED RICE RECIPE (ข้าวผัด) - STREET FOOD ...
4.7/5 (49)Total Time 20 minsCategory Thai Fried Rice Recipe
THAI FRIED RICE WITH CHICKEN » REAL THAI RECIPES ...
THAI BASIL FRIED RICE RECIPE (W/ STEP BY STEP PHOTOS ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Side DishCalories 383 per serving
- In a large saute pan, wok, or cast iron pan over medium heat, add the vegetable oil, garlic, and Thai chiles. Cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Move the chicken and onions to the side of the pan. Crack the two eggs into the middle of the pan and use your spatula to stir the eggs until they turn opaque. Stir to combine the scrambled eggs and chicken.
THAI FRIED RICE RECIPE (STEP BY STEP + VIDEO) - WHISKAFFAIR
3.8/5 (9)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 645 per serving
- Start by gathering all the ingredients. Making this fried rice hardly takes any time, but needs to be quick while stir-frying it. To make the process quick and smooth, make sure all the ingredients required are prepared and kept next to the cooking counter.
- Make sure the rice is already cooked and cooled well. It is important to use cooled rice to keep the grains separate. If the rice is freshly cooked, the fried rice will turn out mushy.
- Prepare the shrimp. If using frozen shrimp, thaw them to room temperature. Wash them and pat them dry using a kitchen towel. If using fresh shrimp, remove the head and tail. Remove the vein using a sharp paring knife. Wash the shrimp well and pat dry.
THAI FRIED RICE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCalories 397 per serving
- Combine rice and water (2 1/2 cups for brown rice; 2 cups for white rice) in a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed (40 to 45 minutes for brown rice; 20 minutes for white). Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, spread the rice on a large baking sheet and let cool at least 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice pork chop crosswise, then cut each slice into long, thin strips about the width of a matchstick. Place a large flat-bottom carbon-steel wok over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and swirl to coat the pan, add garlic. Cook, stirring, until just starting to change color, about 20 seconds. Add the pork and cook, stirring, until it is no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Remove the pork with a slotted spoon to a clean plate. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the wok. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the cooked rice and stir-fry, tossing and then pressing it against the hot wok, then tossing and pressing again, until all the rice has been exposed to the hot wok, about 1 minute. Add scallions, fish sauce and the cooked pork and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
KHAO PHAT (THAI FRIED RICE) • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
Reviews 18Calories 555 per servingCategory Dinner Recipes
- Heat the peanut oil in a large wok (or very large skillet) over high heat. Add the garlic and chilies and sauté for a few seconds. Add the chicken and sauté until cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Push all the ingredients in your wok to one side and crack the egg directly into the wok. Scramble it with your spatula and let it cook until it is just starting to set. Toss the egg with the rice mixture until the egg is cooked through.
BEST THAI FRIED RICE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE THAI FRIED RICE
5/5 (1)Category Nut-Free, 30-minute Meals, Rice
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken and cook, tossing occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Return skillet over medium-high heat and heat remaining tablespoon oil. Add carrots and cook until softened, 3 minutes. Add garlic, green onions, and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- On the empty side of the pan, add a little more oil if your pan is dry. Add beaten eggs and scramble with a rubber spatula until just barely set, then combine with rice.
KITCHEN-SINK THAI FRIED RICE RECIPE | GOOP
Servings 1Category Detox & Cleanse Recipes
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or 12-inch nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the egg and a pinch of salt, and scramble the egg until just cooked but still soft. Transfer to your serving dish.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan, turn the heat to medium-high, and sauté the veggies until just cooked through (this will vary depending on the type and size of veggies). Transfer to the dish with the scrambled egg.
- Pour in the last tablespoon of olive oil and add the rice, cooking over medium-high heat for 1 minute, or until starting to brown and sizzle.
SPICY THAI FRIED RICE RECIPE - MASHED.COM
5/5 (23)Category Side DishAuthor Miriam HahnCalories 179 per serving
- Add the chopped onions, garlic, red pepper and chilis to the pan. Sauté for about 8 minutes, adding more water if the pan gets dry.
TOP 6 THAI FRIED RICE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Traditional Thai Pineapple Fried Rice (Vegetarian/Gluten-Free) This classic Thai pineapple fried rice recipe is real vegetarian Thai food. Make this easy fried rice at home - it's as good or better than take-out fried rice!
- Classic Thai Chicken Fried Rice. Chicken fried rice is always a popular choice at mealtimes, both with kids and adults. But most homemade versions of fried rice don't taste nearly as good as those made in a restaurant.
- Thai Shrimp Fried Rice. In this easy fried rice recipe, fresh or frozen shrimp are quickly stir-fried with garlic and onions. Add the cooked rice, a couple of eggs, frozen peas, plus my own special Thai sauce, and you have a fried rice recipe that is sure to please everyone, even your kids.
- Aromatic Chicken Fried Rice With Basil & Lime Leaf. This Thai take on chicken fried rice is SO good and so easy. Very aromatic, this fried rice recipe features fresh basil and lime leaf for an exquisite Thai taste that is a big step above ordinary!
- Thai Yellow Fried Rice. This Thai Yellow Fried Rice is colorful and easy to put together. Made with fresh or frozen shrimp, this recipe also features greens such as spring onion, fresh coriander, and peas.
- Easy Thai Pineapple Fried Rice, Step by Step! Pineapple rice is the signature dish of Thailand, normally served in a carved-out pineapple. But even served straight out of the wok, I find this to be one of the tastiest fried rice recipes I've ever tried.
THAI CHICKEN FRIED RICE - SKINNYTASTE
5/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 321 per serving
- When the wok is very hot, add 2 tsp of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook on high until its browned all over and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from wok and set aside, add the eggs, pinch of salt and cook a minute or two until done. Set aside.
CLASSIC THAI FRIED RICE RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
4.5/5 (5)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main DishCalories 356 per serving
- Place a wok over high heat. Once the pan is very hot, drizzle in the oil. Add the white and light green parts of the sliced scallion, the yellow onion, and chopped garlic to the pan. Stir-fry for two minutes, until the onions begin to turn translucent.
- Push the vegetables up the sides of the wok and pour in the eggs. Quickly scramble the eggs and then pile them on top of the vegetables. If the pan seems dry, add a bit more oil.
- Add the cooked rice and the sauce to the pan; toss well. Fry the rice, stirring occasionally, until hot (about 3 minutes).
- Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish the platter with lime wedges, sliced cucumber, sliced tomato, and cilantro leaves. Serve with a side of sambal oelek, sliced chilies, or sriracha.
EASY THAI FRIED RICE RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
Reviews 65Calories 277 per servingCategory Main Dish
- Add your oil to a wok or large frying pan and heat over medium-high. When the oil is hot, add your garlic and fresh ginger (if using ground, wait to add it until you add the rice). Saute for 60 seconds.
- Add your rice and stir it around to coat it in oil. You may feel like you want to add more oil, but don’t. You need the rice to get some good color and texture on it, and too much oil will just make it…well, oily.
- Fry the rice for 30 seconds and then stir it around to expose the un-fried side to the heat. Cook for another 30 seconds, and stir. Add your soy sauce and fish sauce and stir it in.
- Move your rice mixture out of the center of the pan, making a little well for your eggs. Pour your beaten eggs into the center and let them cook for a few seconds undisturbed. Now, break up the eggs and stir into your rice, making sure to mix everything together well.
THAI STAR THAI FRIED RICE - COPYKAT RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 246 per serving
THAI CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 111Calories 478 per servingCategory Entree, Dinner
THAI BASIL FRIED RICE – A COUPLE COOKS
3/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main DishCalories 446 per serving
THAI-STYLE FRIED RICE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
AUTHENTIC THAI FRIED RICE RECIPES
SPICY THAI BEEF AND JASMINE RICE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHILLI BASIL FRIED RICE RECIPE - JUST EASY RECIPE
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #side-dishes #rice #asian #thai #stove-top #stir-fry #pasta-rice-and-grains #long-grain-rice #equipment #technique #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Thai fried rice?Fried rice is a very typical Thai street food, available at every restaurant that serves stir fried dishes throughout the Thailand. In this Thai fried rice recipe with shrimp, you’ll learn how to make a delicious plate of fried rice just like you’d find it in Thailand. Let’s get cooking!
How to make Thai fried rice with green onion?Add the green onion and sprinkle white pepper and stir. Turn off the heat. Set the rice on a serving plate. Sprinkle ground pepper and cilantro on top of the fried rice. Serve hot with a wedge of lime, sliced cucumber, whole green onion and chili fish sauce. When in Thailand in a Thai restaurant, you may see green onion s in a jar on the table.
How do you make fried rice with fish sauce?Return skillet over medium-high heat and heat remaining tablespoon oil. Add carrots and cook until softened, 3 minutes. Add garlic, green onions, and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add rice, 3 tablespoons of the fish sauce mixture, and oyster sauce. Toss until rice is well coated, then push rice to one side of pan.
How to make fried rice in a wok?Instructions 1 Heat the peanut oil in a large wok (or very large skillet) over high heat. ... 2 Add the cooked rice, onion and red pepper, and sauté for 1-2 minutes. 3 Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, and sliced tomato. ... 4 Push all the ingredients in your wok to one side and crack the egg directly into the wok. ... More items...