THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE
Our classic red velvet cake is a true showstopper. It includes brown sugar for added flavor and moisture, as well as buttermilk for tang and tenderness. The homemade cream cheese frosting is rich and smooth thanks to the addition of butter.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the cake: Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottoms with parchment paper rounds and lightly coat the paper with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl. Whisk together the buttermilk, food coloring and vanilla in a second medium bowl.
- Beat the granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl if using an electric hand mixer) on medium-high speed until very light in color and fluffy, about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. With the mixer still running, slowly add the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Reduce the speed to low. Add the dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternating with the wet ingredients, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients; mix until smooth. Scrape the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake until the cakes are slightly puffed, and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the centers, 20 to 25 minutes. Let the cakes cool in their pans on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then turn them out onto the rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting: Beat the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on high speed (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer) until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in the vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and gradually mix in the confectioners' sugar. Once all the sugar has been added, increase the speed to high and beat until the frosting is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- To assemble the cake: Place one cake, domed-side down, on a platter. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the frosting evenly over the top. Place the remaining cake, domed-side up, on top. Spread the top with 1 1/2 cups of the frosting. Frost the sides of the cake with another 1 1/2 cups frosting and smooth out completely to make an even crumb coat. (It's ok if some of the cake shows through. This is just a base layer.) Refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the frosting set.
- Spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides of the cake, swirling decoratively. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE FROM DIVAS CAN COOK
This recipe from Divas Can Cook is TO DIE FOR! The BEST cake I've ever made, the second best I've ever eaten (next to my wedding cake :). I only used 15 drops of red food coloring because I ran out. Next time I won't add any because I don't like dyes in my food. Make it with the Divas Can Cook Cream Cheese frosting I've posted. She says: This is the best red velvet cake I've ever had! Super moist with the perfect, classic red velvet taste. Everybody that I make this for loves it!! Hopefully you will too!
Provided by lolablitz
Yield 1 Two Tier Cake, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and vegetable oil.
- Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and red food coloring until combined.
- Stir in the coffee and white vinegar.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients a little at time, mixing after each addition, just until combined.
- Generously grease and flour two round cake pans with crisco and flour.
- Pour the batter evenly into each pan.
- Bake in the middle rack for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake as cake will continue to cook as it cools.
- Let cool on a cooling rack until the pan are warm to the touch.
- Slide a knife or offset spatula around the inside of the pans to loosen the cake from the pan.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and let them cool.
- Frost the cake with cream cheese frosting when the cakes have cooled completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389.9, Fat 19.5, SaturatedFat 2.8, Cholesterol 31.8, Sodium 363.4, Carbohydrate 51, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 34.4, Protein 4.1
More about "the best red velvet cake from divas can cook recipes"
BEST SOUTHERN RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - DIVAS CAN COOK
4.5/5 Total Time 30 mins
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
RED VELVET CAKE - RECIPETIN EATS
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE (EASY RECIPE) - PRETTY. SIMPLE.
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
THE BEST EVER RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - I HEART RECIPES
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - THE TRAVELIN' GAL
DIVAS CAN COOK RED VELVET CAKE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
A DIVA CAN COOK : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
DIVAS CAN COOK RED VELVET CAKE | RECIPES WEDGE
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE - HER PURE ESSENCE
I TRIED FOUR POPULAR RED VELVET CAKE RECIPES AND FOUND THE BEST …
DIVAS CAN COOK
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - COOP CAN COOK
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE. EASY. MOIST. HOMEMADE
RED VELVET CAKE DIVAS CAN COOK - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE DIVAS CAN COOK - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - MOIST & FLUFFY - HANDLE THE HEAT
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE FROM DIVAS CAN COOK RECIPE
I TRIED DIVA'S CAN COOK'S BEST SOUTHERN RED VELVET CAKE | KITCHN
21+ DIVAS CAN COOK RED VELVET CAKE » CAKEPHOTO.BIZ
DIVAS CAN COOK CARROT CAKE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPES THAT USE RED CABBAGE - THERESCIPES.INFO
RED VELVET CAKE – MODERN HONEY
BEST RED VELVET CAKE - CAFE DELITES
CAKES & PIES - DIVAS CAN COOK
DIVAS CAN COOK RED VELVET RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
BEST AMERICAN RECIPES: THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE FROM DIVAS CAN …
BEST SOUTHERN RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE
THE MOST AMAZING RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
PIN ON DESSERT AND SNACK RECIPES - PINTEREST
RED VELVET CAKE WITH FRESH CREAM RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
BEST SOUTHERN RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - PINTEREST
BEST SOUTHERN RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE | DIVAS CAN COOK
RED VELVET CUPCAKES RECIPE DIVAS CAN COOK - BAVOIR CREAM
DIVAS CAN COOK RED VELVET CAKE - HITEKELECTRIC.COM
ITALIAN CREAM CAKE RECIPE DIVAS CAN COOK - LASAGNE RECIPE …
EASY, HOMEMADE RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - THE BEST! - YOUTUBE
DIVAS CAN COOK RUM CAKE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
DIVAS CAN COOK RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
26 DELICIOUS YES DIVAS CAN COOK RECIPE FAVORITES IDEAS IN 2022
EASY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE DIVAS CAN COOK - ALBION ONLINE FOOD …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #desserts #american #southern-united-states #cakes #birthday #from-scratch
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Is red velvet cake a southern cake?Because red velvet cake is considered a Southern cake, I chose a recipe from a Southern food expert: Monique Kilgore, the woman behind the Divas Can Cook blog. This recipe won Pancake Princess’ red velvet cake bake-off, so I was curious to see if it would be a winner for me, too.
What is the best way to cook red velvet cake?The Most Amazing Red Velvet Cake recipe is moist, fluffy, and has the perfect balance between acidity and chocolate. Top it off with cream cheese frosting for the perfect Red Velvet Cake you've been dreaming of! Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Is this red velvet cake moist&fluffy?This red velvet cake is so moist & fluffy. I can never get enough! I love red velvet cake, but I don’t love everyones red velvet cake recipe! Some people claim to have the best red velvet cake recipe, but I truly think mine is the best ( of course!
What do you use to make red velvet?I use a combination of all purpose flour and cornstarch, so the cake turns out tender and delicious. If you prefer using cake flour use 2 and 3/4 cups of it. Red food coloring: what makes red velvet cake red is the food coloring. If you don’t use it, the cake will have a dark reddish-brown color.