Tyler Florence's berry trifle recipe from Food Network has strawberries, raspberries and blueberries layered between lots of whipped cream.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the berries into a large bowl and sprinkle with half of the lemon juice. Lightly toss.
- Combine the berries, sugar, cornstarch and remaining lemon juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook just until the berries begin to break down and give up their juices, about 3 minutes. Take the berries off the heat and let cool; the mixture should thicken up as is cools.
- In a clean bowl, whip the cream with the sugar and the vanilla to soft peaks. Put the lemon curd into a second bowl and stir in a little of the whipped cream to loosen it. Then fold in the rest of the cream.
- To assemble the trifle, spoon a layer of the lemon cream into a large glass bowl. Add a layer of pound cake, breaking the slices into pieces that fit. Then soak the cake with a layer of berries and their juices. Keep going to make 3 or 4 more layers, depending on the size of the bowl, finishing with a layer of lemon cream. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make and bake cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- While cake is cooling, in medium bowl, gently mix berries, granulated sugar and raspberry liqueur.
- In chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Cut or tear cake into 1-inch pieces. In 3-quart glass trifle bowl, arrange half the pieces. Spoon half of the berry mixture over cake; top with half of the whipped cream. Repeat layers. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with additional berries if desired. Store covered in refrigerator up to 12 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330, Carbohydrate 47 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 290 mg, Sugar 28 g, TransFat 0 g
- Place cubed cake in bottom of large glass serving bowl. Layer the blueberries, raspberries and blackberries on top of the cake. Sprinkle with praline liqueur.
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix, milk, condensed milk and 1 cup of whipped topping, stir well. Pour mixture over frozen berries. Top custard with remaining cool whip. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour or in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, enough for the berries to thaw before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241.6 calories, Carbohydrate 39.4 g, Cholesterol 44.9 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 209.5 mg, Sugar 31.1 g
THREE-BERRY LEMON TRIFLE
This special recipe was given to me by a friend. By using some low-fat convenience items, I lightened it up with beautiful results. -Ilene Doty, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, yogurt, lemon juice and zest. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. , In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or deep salad bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, a third of the lemon mixture and all of the strawberries. Repeat cake and lemon mixture layers. Top with blueberries and remaining cake cubes and lemon mixture. Sprinkle with raspberries. , Spread remaining whipped topping over berries; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203 calories, Fat 2g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 181mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (34g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CANADA DAY THREE BERRY TRIFLE
Trifle is my favourite dessert and I have been making it for decades, probably not the same way twice! A good dessert to make when you are doing other things and can walk away and come back to it as you have time. Reserve a few pieces of each fruit for garnish.
Provided by Phoebe
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place cake cubes in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Stir raspberry gelatin and 1 cup boiling water together in a large measuring cup until dissolved; stir in 1 cup cold water. Pour raspberry gelatin mixture over cake cubes; press down. Spread raspberries evenly over top of gelatin; place trifle in refrigerator to chill until set, about 45 minutes.
- Whisk 1 package pudding mix and 2 cups cold milk together in a bowl for 2 minutes. Spread pudding over raspberries in trifle bowl; return trifle to refrigerator to chill until pudding sets, about 45 minutes.
- Stir cherry gelatin and 1 cup boiling water together in a large measuring cup until dissolved; stir in 1 cup cold water. Pour cherry gelatin over pudding in trifle bowl; spread cherries over gelatin. Return trifle to refrigerator to chill until gelatin sets, about 45 minutes.
- Whisk remaining package pudding mix and 2 cups cold milk together in a bowl for 2 minutes. Spread pudding over trifle; chill until pudding sets, about 45 minutes.
- Stir strawberry gelatin and 1 cup boiling water together in a large measuring cup; stir in 1 cup cold water. Pour strawberry gelatin over pudding; spread strawberries over gelatin. Return trifle to refrigerator to chill until completely set, about 1 hour.
- Spread whipped topping over trifle; garnish the top with reserved berries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.6 calories, Carbohydrate 66.7 g, Cholesterol 7.8 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 7.1 g, SaturatedFat 8.6 g, Sodium 490.9 mg, Sugar 55.7 g
MIXED BERRY TRIFLE
- Make pastry cream:In a medium saucepan, combine milk, cream, salt, and vanilla bean. Bring to just under a boil. In a second bowl, whisk together cornstarch and sugar, then whisk in eggs. Add a ladle of hot liquid to egg mixture, whisking constantly. Repeat twice, then whisk egg mixture into remaining milk mixture in pot.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until bubbling and thick, about 2 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve, then whisk in butter. Place plastic wrap directly onto surface of cream and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Whisk to loosen before using.
- Assemble the trifle:Mash strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar and salt. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Brush brioche with syrup and tear into large pieces. Layer bread in bottom of a 14-cup (5-by-7-inch) trifle dish or bowl. Spread 1 generous cup macerated berries over top, then 1 cup pastry cream and 1 cup whole berries. Repeat layering twice more. Refrigerate overnight.
- Whip heavy cream to medium peaks with 1 tablespoon sugar and spoon over top. Garnish with fresh berries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 720 g, Cholesterol 249 g, Fat 35 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 308 g
- In a stand mixer, whip the cream until soft peaks form, then set aside. In a large bowl, beat the creme fraiche, milk and pudding mix until thickened. Fold in the whipped cream and set aside.
- Place half of the cubed pound cake in the bottom of the trifle dish. Arrange a third of the strawberries, blackberries and blueberries over the cake. Top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat with the remaining pound cake, another third of berries and the remaining pudding. Top the final layer of pudding with the remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, garnish with lemon zest and a sprig of mint.
People also searched
More about "three berry trifle recipes"
ANGEL BERRY TRIFLE - JO COOKS
- In your mixer whisk the milk and pudding mix together for a couple minutes or until firm. Pour into another bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer add yogurt, cream cheese and sour cream and beat until smooth. Fold in pudding and 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Place a third of the angel food cake cubes in a 4 quart trifle bowl. Top with a third of the pudding mixture, half of the remaining whipped topping and a third of the berries. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining cake, pudding and berries.
THREE BERRY TRIFLE | ¡THE TEMPTATION WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
SUMMER BERRY TRIFLE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
5/5 (129)Category DessertsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
- Heat the raspberry jam in a large bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute, or until hot and liquidy. Add the fresh berries and toss to coat. Let sit while you prepare the rest of the recipe, stirring occasionally.
- In another large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla, then beat in a third of the whipped cream. Using a large rubber spatula, fold in the rest of the whipped cream until well combined.
TRIPLE BERRY TRIFLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 15Total Time 5 hrs 15 minsCategory Dessert See details »
BERRY TRIFLE RECIPE WITH STRAWBERRIES, BLUEBERRIES ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until it reaches stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Add about half of the angel food cake pieces to the trifle dish in an even layer. Place pieces around the edge first so that they look nice, then fill in the center.
THREE-BERRY TRIFLE RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
Servings 12Total Time 2 hrs 50 minsCategory Dessert
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream and icing sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Cut or tear cake into 1-inch pieces. In 3-quart glass trifle bowl, arrange half the pieces. Spoon half of the berry mixture over cake; top with half of the whipped cream. Repeat layers. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with additional berries if desired.
LOW-CARB TRIPLE BERRY TRIFLE RECIPE - STYLISH CRAVINGS
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, powdered erythritol, and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Then, fold the remaining whipped cream into the mixture.
- Place about 1/5 of the cream cheese fluff into the bottom of the trifle bowl. Top with a layer of strawberries. Add another layer of cream cheese fluff and top with blackberries. After another layer of cream cheese fluff, add a layer of raspberries. Smooth a fourth layer of cream cheese fluff over the raspberries and then top with the blueberries.
BERRY TRIFLE (EASY, LIGHT, SUMMERY DESSERT) - A PINCH OF ...
- Make the pudding. Add the pudding mix along with the milk to a medium size mixing bowl and mix until it is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Make the homemade whipped cream (or you can use store-bought) - To make it homemade, put the bowl of a stand mixer into the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes (or a glass mixing bowl). Add the whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla to the chilled bowl and attach it to the stand mixer (if using). Use the whisk attachment or hand beater and mix on low speed until it starts to get fluffy and thicker, increase the speed to medium speed and whisk for 60-90 seconds. You may need to scrape the side of the bowl halfway through and then continue mixing until stiff peaks form.
- Assemble the berry trifle. Place a little bit of the whipped cream into the bottom of a trifle bowl. Top with half of the cubed angel food cake in an even layer. You want to place the cake along the edges of the bowl and then fill the center so it looks beautiful. Then spoon half of the prepared vanilla pudding over the cake and top with half of the berries in an even layer. Spread half of the whipped cream over the berries in an even layer as well and repeat. Finish the trifle off with extra berries on top of the whipped cream and a few sprigs of mint for even more color. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
REMODELAHOLIC | EASY LAYERED BERRY TRIFLE RECIPE
- Beat cream cheese on medium until smooth in a large bowl. Slowly add the powdered sugar, beating at a low speed. Beat until all powdered sugar has been added and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Fold the pudding into the cream cheese mixture and mix until fully combined. Add the whipped topping and again mix until smooth and there are no lumps or white streaks.
50+ BEST TRIFLE RECIPES - EASY TRIFLE DESSERT IDEAS
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
CANADA DAY THREE BERRY TRIFLE RECIPE
See details »
EASY BERRY TRIFLES RECIPE | THE SWEETEST JOURNEY - YOUTUBE
See details »
SIMPLE BERRY TRIFLE RECIPE - 31 DAILY
See details »
THREE-BERRY TRIFLE | RECIPE | DESSERTS, TRIFLE RECIPE ...
See details »
THREE-BERRY TRIFLE | RECIPE | BERRY TRIFLE, DESSERTS ...
See details »
THREE BERRY TRIFLE RECIPES
See details »
QUICK BERRY TRIFLE RECIPES
See details »
BERRY TRIFLE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
See details »
THREE BERRY LEMON TRIFLE RECIPE RECIPE
See details »
TRIPLE BERRY TRIFLE WITH BANANA & GRANOLA - EAZY PEAZY ...
See details »
You'll also love
Want to buy ingredients ?