TOMATO AND BACON JAM
This was given to my mom by her best friend who is a southern girl at heart. It is a sweet and savory flavor that you never forget. Try it with a grilled cheese or on scrambled eggs...you can put it on anything!
Provided by 3RDTIMESACHARM
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels. Crumble bacon when cool.
- Stir tomatoes, sweet onion, sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, black pepper, and hot sauce together in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Stir in crumbled bacon and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the spread is very thick, about 1 hour. Adjust salt and black pepper.
- Cool and spoon into a 1-pint glass jar with a lid; keeps refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for 2 months. If freezing, put spread into small jars and let jars thaw in refrigerator overnight before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140.7 calories, Carbohydrate 25.1 g, Cholesterol 8.1 mg, Fat 3.3 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 527.8 mg, Sugar 23 g
BACON AND TOMATO HASH
Provided by Nigella Lawson : Food Network
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut each piece of bacon into 3 or 4 pieces. Heat oil in a skillet. When oil is hot, fry bacon until crispy (the bacon will also give up flavorful fat of its own). Remove the bacon to a piece of kitchen towel.
- Add the diced tomato, with all its seeded, gluey interior, into the hot oily pan, which will cause a great spitting and sizzling, and stir for a couple of minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce and stir again, then put the bacon back into the pan, mixing it into the tomato before transferring to a plate.
- Scatter with some parsley and freshly ground black pepper, and serve with bread to dip in the oily juices.
BACON, EGG, AND TOMATO TOAST
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crisp. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Reduce heat to medium and cook tomatoes, cut side down, in same skillet, adding oil if needed and turning once, until tomatoes are browned and tender, 2-4 minutes on each side. Transfer tomatoes to a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Fry eggs in batches in same skillet, adding more oil if needed, until whites are set but yolks are still runny.
- Layer 2 bacon slices, 2 tomato halves, and 1 egg on each toast, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
TOMATO AND BACON PASTA BAKE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotini pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or skillet, add onion, bacon, salt, and pepper. Cook until bacon is crispy and onion is soft. Drain fat. Pour in tomato soup and stir; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; add 1 cup Cheddar cheese and the milk. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Combine sauce with pasta in a baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Place under the oven broiler until sauce is thick and cheese browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 712.3 calories, Carbohydrate 49.2 g, Cholesterol 92.4 mg, Fat 45 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 28.4 g, SaturatedFat 20.2 g, Sodium 1173.6 mg, Sugar 8.3 g
TOMATO BACON CUPS
These savory biscuits have a flavorful tomato and bacon filling. "I got the recipe at a friend's house one Thanksgiving," Paige English relates from Portland, Oregon. "I've made them at special gatherings ever since. They always disappear fast."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, mayonnaise, bacon, cheese, onion and basil; set aside. Split each biscuit into three layers; press each layer into an ungreased miniature muffin cup. , Spoon tomato mixture into cups. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 73 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 161mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Generously grease bottom and sides of 9-inch square pan with shortening. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, Parmesan cheese and water until moistened; spread in bottom of pan. Bake 12 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix bacon, onion, 3 tablespoons cilantro and the red pepper; sprinkle over partially baked dough. Place tomato slices on bacon mixture. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden and cheese is melted. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Serve warm. Sprinkle with additional cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260, Carbohydrate 19 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 750 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1 g
TOMATO AND BACON BREAKFAST
A delicious tasting breakfast that takes no time at all to prepare. The sprinkling of diced cooked bacon over the tomatoes gives it a wonderful flavour.
Provided by JoyfulCook
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Toss the bacon into a large frypan with just a small amount of oil,.
- When it starts to cook, add the thick slices of tomatoes; sprinkle with a good pinch of mixed herbs or Provence herbs.
- Serve on a hot buttered slice of toast; sprinkle the bacon over the top and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256.2, Fat 10.4, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 31.6, Sodium 351.5, Carbohydrate 33.9, Fiber 5.3, Sugar 10.4, Protein 9
More about "tomato and bacon breakfast recipes"
BACON, TOMATO AND CHEDDAR BREAKFAST BAKE WITH EGGS …
5/5 Category Breakfast CasserolesServings 8Total Time 2 hrs
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly oil a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. In a large bowl, toss the bread with the olive oil and spread on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, tossing once or twice, until the bread is golden and lightly crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain; reserve 2 tablespoons of the fat in the skillet.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and crushed red pepper and cook until any liquid is evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Return the toasted bread cubes to the bowl. Add the contents of the skillet, along with the bacon, shredded cheeses, chives and broth. Stir until the bread is evenly moistened. Season with salt. Spread the mixture in the baking dish and cover with lightly oiled foil.
BACON-AND-TOMATO BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE | SOUTHERN …
Servings 6Total Time 4 hrs 45 minsCategory Slow Cooker Recipes
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet until crisp; remove bacon and drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Add onion to drippings; sauté about 3 minutes. Add peppers, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes, or until peppers are tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Lightly grease a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer pita chips, tomatoes, pepper mixture, egg mixture, basil, cheese, and bacon in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Remove lid, and cook 30 minutes.
TOMATO AND BACON BREAKFAST SANDWICHES RECIPE - SERIOUS …
3.3/5 (4)Category Breakfast And Brunch, Mains, SandwichesOccupation Culinary ConsultantTotal Time 6 mins
BACON & TOMATO SCRAMBLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
BACON AND POACHED EGGS WITH TOMATOES RECIPE - BBC …
BREAKFAST BOWL WITH TOMATO, AVOCADO, AND EGG RECIPE
BACON, TOMATO AND CHEDDAR BREAKFAST CASSEROLE WITH …
10 BEST CANADIAN BACON BREAKFAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
BACON AND EGGS WITH TOMATOES | RECIPE
BACON, TOMATO, AND CHEDDAR BREAKFAST BAKE RECIPE | FOODAL
FRIED EGG & BACON BREAKFAST SANDWICH RECIPE | GET …
30 SIZZLING BACON BREAKFAST RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
DELICIOUS BAKED EGGS WITH TOMATO AND BACON | SIMPLE BREAKFAST …
TOMATO, CHEESE, AND BACON OMELETTE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
HOMEMADE PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST! CAN'T GO WRONG WITH 00 FLOUR, …
EASY TOMATO SOUP WITH BACON - SOUTHERN BITE
TOMATOES AND BACON EGG MUFFINS BEST RECIPES
EASY CREAMY BACON TOMATO PASTA • SALT & LAVENDER
BACON AND TOMATO SCRAMBLE - OHIO'S AMISH COUNTRY
BACON, TOMATO & CHEDDAR BREAKFAST BAKE WITH EGGS RECIPE
BACON, EGG AND TOMATO BREAKFAST TARTS - CULINARY GINGER
BACON, TOMATO, AND CHEDDAR BREAKFAST BAKE - DELICIOUSLY ORGANIC
BACON ROASTED TOMATOES - DINING WITH ALICE
BAKED TOMATO AND BACON ENGLISH MUFFINS (EASY BREAKFAST IDEA)
BREAKFAST CASSEROLE WITH BACON - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BACON, SPINACH AND TOMATO EGG BITES - THE BAKERMAMA
BACON, EGG, TOMATO BREAKFAST SANDWICH RECIPE - SIMPLY SOUTHERN …
10 BEST TOMATOES MUSHROOMS BREAKFAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOMATO PIE WITH BACON - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
BACON, BROCCOLI, TOMATO AND MUSHROOM BIG BREAKFAST
CHEDDAR BACON AND TOMATO STRATA RECIPES
CANADIAN BACON AND EGG SANDWICH BEST RECIPES
SIMPLE TOMATO BACON SOUP - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
BACON TOMATO BASIL BREAKFAST PASTA RECIPE - THE KITCHEN PAPER
TOMATO AND BACON BREAKFAST SANDWICHES RECIPE
HOT TOMATO AND BACON PASTA - SOUTHERN BITE
BACON AND EGGS BREAKFAST BAKE RECIPE | DIETHOOD
CRUSTLESS BACON AND TOMATO QUICHE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
FRESH TOMATO AND BACON KETCHUP RECIPE BY JEANMARIE BROWNSON
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #5-ingredients-or-less #breakfast #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #inexpensive #tomatoes #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
Bacon Egg Tomato Pan Pie | Recipe | BBQ Pit Boys193K views-07:12
Tomato & Bacon Sandwich Breakfast Recipe1.3K views-03:02
Grilled Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich Recipe - Grilled Cheese with Tomato, Bacon and Egg - Chef Tips1.4K views-05:09
Bacon, Tomato & Cheddar Breakfast Bake with Eggs708 views-01:29
Roasted tomato, egg and bacon breakfast bread (22.01.2014)211 views-05:41
Bacon, Egg, Cheese and Tomato Bagel Breakfast Sandwich Easy Recipe -- StepByStepChef.com136 views-14:14
You'll also love