EASY TOMATO SOUP CHILI
- Brown onion and ground beef in large stock pot.
- Add the seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- I like to simmer this for at least an hour, then taste test.
- The trick is to let it simmer to mix the flavors.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 585.7, Fat 18.9, SaturatedFat 7.1, Cholesterol 77.1, Sodium 647.3, Carbohydrate 64.5, Fiber 17.6, Sugar 9.7, Protein 41.5
FRESH TOMATO CHILI SAUCE
This is a sweet chili sauce made according to an old family recipe. It is great on hamburgers, and pot roast. If you don't can the sauce in jars, it can be refrigerated.
Provided by Janet Larsen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the tomatoes in a large pot over medium heat, and simmer 1 hour. Skim off any excess liquid or foam. Stir in the chile peppers, bell peppers, onion, vinegar, lime juice, white sugar, brown sugar, and desired amount of salt. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 to 5 hours until liquid reduces and thickens. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Remove chili sauce from heat, and skim off any foam. Pour into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headroom. Adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water bath.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 30.5 calories, Carbohydrate 7.1 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 0.6 g, Sodium 76.6 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
BLACK BEAN-TOMATO CHILI
My daughter Kayla saw a black bean chili while watching a cooking show and called me about it because it looked so good. We messed with our own recipe until we got this easy winner. -Lisa Belcastro, Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer., Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 608mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 10g fiber), Protein 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Mom's homemade chili recipe was the best! She knew just the right ingredients to put her 'stamp' on it. I could eat it with my eyes closed and know it was hers. It amazed me that she could put it together in so little time. -Marjorie Carey, Alamosa, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a Dutch oven or large soup kettle, saute green pepper, onions and celery in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until browned; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add kidney beans. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes longer. If desired, serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 708mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
NO TOMATO CHILI
- Crumble the ground beef into a soup pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until browned. Drain off the grease, and season with salt to taste. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, and season with Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cook and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir in the chili sauce, beef broth, kidney beans and cannellini beans. Cover, and simmer for about 35 minutes. Ladle into bowls to serve, and top with shredded Cheddar cheese and jalapeno.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 900.3 calories, Carbohydrate 40.8 g, Cholesterol 190.2 mg, Fat 56.4 g, Fiber 10.3 g, Protein 56.9 g, SaturatedFat 25.7 g, Sodium 1108.7 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
This is a great recipe for using all the extra tomatoes from the garden along with any other vegetables on hand. Ground chicken, pork or sausage can be added to make the meal a little more substantial.
Provided by kwilson.epicure
Categories White Rice
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oil with garlic over med-hi heat.
- (if using meat, add meat and brown. Drain excess grease).
- Add onions and cook 5 min.
- Add peppers and cook until soft.
- Add beans and corn and cook 1 min, just to warm.
- Add blended tomatoes, chicken stock, cilantro, and cooked rice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes, or until desired thickness is achieved.
- Serve topped with green onions, chopped cilantro and a dab of (fat free) sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225.1, Fat 1.7, SaturatedFat 0.4, Cholesterol 1.8, Sodium 102.5, Carbohydrate 45.5, Fiber 7.3, Sugar 7.6, Protein 9.1
BLACK BEAN AND TOMATO CHILI
- Soak black beans in 3 cups water overnight. (Or place beans in a medium saucepan, and cover with 2 inches of water. Place lid on pan, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and let sit for 1 hour.) Drain beans in a colander, and set aside.
- Set a small skillet over high heat. Place chiles in the pan; toast on both sides until browned and puffed, about 1 minute. Transfer chiles to a small bowl, and cover with 2/3 cup hot water. Let sit 10 minutes. Cut chiles in half, and remove the seeds and stems. Transfer the flesh, along with the poaching liquid, to the bowl of a food processor. Process until a puree forms.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil, and let warm. Add onions, 3/4 of the minced garlic, and cumin. Cover, and cook until softened and slightly browned, about 15 minutes. Add the chile puree and cook 2 minutes more. Add stock and the reserved black beans. Cover, and cook until beans are soft, about 1 1/2 hours. If beans seem dry, add another 1/2 cup hot water.
- In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, remaining minced garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Let sit 5 minutes. Stir half of the tomato mixture into the beans. Cover, and simmer 1 minute more.
- Divide the chili among 6 bowls. Top with remaining tomato mixture, and serve.
TOMATO CHILE JAM
If ketchup put on $300 Japanese cult-brand jeans, this is what it would taste like: global, hip, sexy. This formula - infinitely adaptable, good with cheese, with fish, with spring rolls, as a chutney, as a sambal - began with the New Zealand chef Peter Gordon and was adapted by Darina Allen, the Irish cooking teacher. It appears in her book "Forgotten Skills of Cooking," the first book anyone interested in craft cooking should read.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Open the can of tomatoes and drain the liquid into a food processor or blender. Reserve the tomatoes.
- Slice 3 to 6 fresh red chile peppers (depending on their heat) and add to the blender or processor with garlic, ginger and fish sauce. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a pan, add the diced tomatoes and vinegar and sugar. Simmer until thick and syrupy, about an hour. Natural pectin in the tomatoes gives the sauce its jammy consistency.
- When cool, transfer to containers or jars, and keep refrigerated.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 181, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 43 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 953 milligrams, Sugar 39 grams
Rather than browning the meat first, which doesn't do much for lean ground turkey and can actually make it tough, this recipe prioritizes cooking down the vegetables first. Onions and canned tomatoes fried in olive oil provide an umami-rich flavor base for turkey's blank canvas, and the adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers does a lot of this dish's heavy lifting. Optional toppings like shredded cheese and sour cream help cool down the spice. One of the best ways to enjoy this simple but powerful chili is over French fries with melted cheese, or tossed with some cooked spaghetti. It's so great on its own, as well.
Provided by Eric Kim
Categories dinner, easy, soups and stews, main course
Yield 2 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until translucent and starting to brown at the edges, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Use a fork to fish the tomatoes out of the can and add them to the pot, leaving behind the juice for now. Season with salt and cook the tomatoes, breaking them up with the wooden spoon and stirring occasionally, until jammy and their liquid has reduced significantly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder and cook until fragrant, just a few seconds. Add the ground turkey, season with salt and stir to combine, breaking up the meat with the spoon. (Don't worry about browning or cooking it through here, as it will do so when it simmers.) Stir in the reserved liquid from the tomato can.
- Use the fork to fish out as many chipotle peppers from the can as you would like, starting with two or three, and add to the pot, breaking them up with the wooden spoon, along with all of the adobo sauce. The more peppers you use, the spicier your final chili will be; if you like spice, just add the entire can. (Store any peppers you don't use in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week and in the freezer for up to 2 months.) Fill the empty chipotle can with cold tap water, swish it around and add to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring the chili to a simmer over medium-high heat - you should see occasional small bubbles breaking the surface of the mixture - then cover the pot and reduce the heat to continue simmering over medium-low, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced and the tomatoes have broken down, about 20 minutes. The chili should look thick and shiny, but not too thick that you couldn't ladle it into a bowl. (If it's too watery, then simmer with the lid off for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.) Taste and add more salt if desired. Serve with cheese, sour cream and cilantro, if using.
More about "tomato chili recipes"
BEST EVER CHILI RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.9/5 (42)Calories 194 per servingCategory Appetizer, Dinner, Main Course, Side Dish
- In a large pot add the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and sauté until almost tender. Add in the ground beef and cook and crumble until brown.
- Add in the beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, kidney beans, chili powder, oregano, cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until it starts to thicken and flavors combine about 30 minutes.
CHILI WITH FRESH TOMATOES • LONGBOURN FARM
Ratings 1Category SoupCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
THE BEST CLASSIC CHILI - THE WHOLESOME DISH
TOMATO CHILI SAUCE RECIPE - HOT & SPICY TOMATO …
NO TOMATO CHILI | ANNIE'S CHAMORRO KITCHEN
SERIOUSLY THE BEST CHILI RECIPE (5-STAR BEEF CHILI!) - FIT …
CLASSIC HOMEMADE CHILI - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
BEEF CHILI RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
EASY CHILI RECIPE - ONLY FIVE INGREDIENTS AND TWENTY …
GRANDMA’S CHILI | SIMPLE CHILI RECIPE - THE SPICE HOUSE
BEST BEEF CHILI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY HOMEMADE …
10 BEST CAMPBELL TOMATO SOUP CHILI RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEEF CHILI: THE BEST CLASSIC RECIPE - BROWN EYED BAKER
CLASSIC CHILI | RICARDO
FRESH-TOMATO CHILI ♥ RECIPE - A VEGGIE VENTURE
TWO-TOMATO STEW CHILI | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
THE ULTIMATE CROCKPOT CHILI RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
CHILI MADE WITH CAMPBELL'S TOMATO SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST EVER CHILI RECIPE - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
COPYCAT WENDY’S CHILI | 12 TOMATOES
CLASSIC CHILI SAUCE | CANADIAN LIVING
NO TOMATO CHILI (TEXAS-STYLE) - THE DIZZY COOK
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATO CHILI SOUP - DELISHABLY
CHILLI TOMATO SAUCE - HOMEMADE FOR EXTRA GOODNESS - FOODLE CLUB
SLOW COOKER BEEFY ROASTED TOMATO CHILI
BEST NO TOMATO CHILI (FULL OF FLAVOR) - A GIRL WORTH SAVING
10 BEST NO TOMATO CHILI RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOMATO CHICKEN CHILI - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
SLOW COOKER CHILI (BEST CHILI EVER!) - COOKING CLASSY
BEST EVER TEXAS CHILI RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BEST CHILI WITH FRESH TOMATOES RECIPE WITHIN 5 MINUTES
CHILI WITH TOMATO SAUCE - MONSTER FOODIES
CHILI MADE WITH FRESH TOMATOES – A DELICIOUS RECIPE USING FRESH …
CAMPBELL'S TOMATO SOUP CHILI RECIPE - SOUPNATION.NET
GREEN TOMATO RECIPES! TANGY GREEN TOMATO CHILI - ¡HOLA!
CHUNKY BEEF 'N' TOMATO CHILI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PERFECT CHILI - CANNED TOMATOES, SAUCES & RECIPES
HOW TO COOK CHILI USING TOMATO PASTE | LIVESTRONG
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #soups-stews #rice #vegetables #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #inexpensive #healthy-2 #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #white-rice #peppers #tomatoes #number-of-servings
Tomato Chili Sauce - Simple Sepen Recipe46K views-03:42
How to Make Chili | Soup Recipes | Allrecipes.com21K views-02:38
Campfire Chili Recipe using Canned Tomatoes133 views-09:33
Texas Chili Recipe (no beans, no tomatoes), Chili con Carne (Instant Pot)13K views-08:04
Tomato-less Chili!6K views-10:34
Homemade Chili Made With Frozen Tomatoes From My Garden3K views-09:40
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook Tomatoes for chili?Add the diced tomatoes, tomato juice, ketchup, beans, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and cayenne. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring, then reduce the heat and simmer over medium-low heat for a at least one hour, or up to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
What is the best chili recipe?Heat olive in a large soup pot. Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add ground beef and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 6-7 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, sugar, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and optional cayenne. Stir until well combined. Add diced tomatoes, kidney beans, beef broth, and tomato sauce.
What is your go-to chili recipe?Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more then add tomato paste, stirring to combine. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat and return to heat. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, cayenne, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
How to cook ground beef chili with fresh tomatoes?#1 The Classic Ground Beef Chili With Fresh Tomatoes. 1 1 tablespoon of olive oil. 2 2 chopped yellow onions. 3 4 minced garlic cloves. 4 1 pound of lean ground beef. 5 2 and 1/2 tbsps of chili powder. 6 2 tbsps of sugar. 7 2 tbsps of tomato paste. 8 2 tsps of ground cumin. 9 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of salt. 10 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.